The Running Thread--2024

My cold moved into my chest just in time for my half marathon on Saturday, but I'm stubborn and ran it anyway. Paid for it yesterday. Forcing myself to take a couple days off and hoping I'll be well enough to do my long run this weekend, because my anxiety can't take missing long runs in the second half of a training cycle. Only "two" more races planned for this year:
Nov- Wine & Dine (all 3)
Nov- Every Women's Marathon

ATTQOTD:
I have 5 more marathons before the end of the year! Before Dopey. Two of them are planned to be part of the long training runs for Dopey! I switched to using Galloway this year in hopes that I can make it through the first three (that are over the course of 8 days), hoping that I can recover enough to complete the next one each time.

ATTQOTD: I had a 10K scheduled Saturday but I DNS'd since I've been sick. It was one of those "something on the schedule to keep me training" so it wasn't any kind of goal race or other importance to me. I do have the RnR San Antonio 10K in December, and I'm still trying to decide whether to treat it as a catered training run, or if I should go for a little bit of speed since I'll be at sea level.

Happy first day of fall y'all! It's nearly time for all those warm summer miles to pay off at your fall races. What is on your fall racing calendar? Any big goals?
Clarence DeMar Marathon in Keene NH next Sunday, just looking for a solid marathon performance, not going crazy as it’s only been 4 weeks since my last marathon and I’ve got Wine and Dine weekend in five weeks after this one. After that it will be Dopey.

Happy first day of fall y'all! It's nearly time for all those warm summer miles to pay off at your fall races. What is on your fall racing calendar? Any big goals?

Officially I have no fall races on my schedule. My employer has a fall 5K that I usually run but I'm just not feeling it this year for multiple reasons. There is a 10 mile race the last weekend of November that I'm eyeing but haven't registered yet. It's a flat out and back course so could be great for a rD PoT. It'd also be a nice training checkpoint for me 6 weeks before the WDW marathon.

I hope those that are sick recover quickly and that everyone else's training is going well.

Wineglass Half in less than 2 weeks. My current PR is 2:06:50, done 5 and a half years ago now (my Goofy 2020 POT race).
I've targeted and been training for sub-2.
Will see what the day brings. Already started my nutrition and race gear packing lists. Every run is now a try-out for clothing. Shoes are already chosen.
Hopefully I'll bump into some DISers there.

Race goal A: sub-2
Race goal B: PR
Race goal C: I currently have no idea for this one

Wineglass Half in less than 2 weeks. My current PR is 2:06:50, done 5 and a half years ago now (my Goofy 2020 POT race).
Will see what the day brings. Already started my nutrition and race gear packing lists. Every run is now a try-out for clothing. Shoes are already chosen.

I’ve chosen, finish and be content with that when I’ve had these two a and b goals

Good luck 🤞

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest