The Running Thread--2024

Good news for all us runners who are also the Disney planners for our groups: starting July 24, no more lightning lanes at 7am—you can do it in advance. There’s other changes that are less good, IMO, but not having to stop (or try to do it while in motion) during races is a positive in my book.

Details here
So it is basically a paid Fastpass + kinda system. Pick 3 attractions, and times you want to do them and then add a fourth once you do your first ride. Only, the earliest you can do it is 7 days.

I like this a lot more than the current system. I love the idea of being able to select a few attractions that are important to me and have them booked. Less time with my face in my phone while in the park and better opportunity to coordinate ADRs and LL times.

Good news for all us runners who are also the Disney planners for our groups: starting July 24, no more lightning lanes at 7am—you can do it in advance. There’s other changes that are less good, IMO, but not having to stop (or try to do it while in motion) during races is a positive in my book.

Details here
It is a good news only to US runners… All other countries are prevented to reserve until they arrive in the USA!

So it is basically a paid Fastpass + kinda system. Pick 3 attractions, and times you want to do them and then add a fourth once you do your first ride. Only, the earliest you can do it is 7 days.

I like this a lot more than the current system. I love the idea of being able to select a few attractions that are important to me and have them booked. Less time with my face in my phone while in the park and better opportunity to coordinate ADRs and LL times.
I agree! I can book the rides I want, and try to rope drop the other big ones. If I want to do Remy, I can book it and maybe do Soarin' for example. That doesn't really change my strategy since that's what I do in the parks anyway, and now I don't have to remember to be on my phone at 7am.

The big irritation to me is that hoppers can’t mix their initial LL picks. Animal Kingdom is a partial day park for me, and I don’t need 3 LLs there, but I’d like to be able to get one for Safari, and then use my other 2 early picks for somewhere else. Maybe they’ll take feedback and make adjustments before W&D?

Ugh, just messed up my edit lol

Anyways, there are reports that guest services (phone) has said that the international issue for LL should be remedied.
  • 7 day booking window should hold true even for international if on site
  • 3 day booking window will not be given if offsite
Hopefully this is all true, it’s an awful deal otherwise!

Last edited:
I’m back with a SHORTS UPDATE!

I found a pair that is just shy of being perfect - wooo hoooo!!!

CRZ YOGA Mid Waisted Running Shorts for Women Soft Gym Athletic Workout Shorts with Zipper Pocket Liner Quick Dry

It took some trial and error to discover that I need a really short inseam. Which feels obvious now: I wear petite sizes in all pants because I’m 5’ tall. Less fabric between my thighs = less bunching. These fit perfectly and were a delight to run in! I’m only deducting points because while the back zip pocket does just fit my iPhone SE, that’s it: I can’t even fit my house keys in there. So I do need to supplement with a small clip-on pouch. Not a big deal, but would it kill them to add one of those tiny key pockets in the waistband? The lack of key pocket is made up for by the budget price tag, though.

Anyway, they fit perfectly, are super soft and comfy, and are exceptionally light and airy in the brutality that is FL summer. :thumbsup2

I’m back with a SHORTS UPDATE!

I found a pair that is just shy of being perfect - wooo hoooo!!!

CRZ YOGA Mid Waisted Running Shorts for Women Soft Gym Athletic Workout Shorts with Zipper Pocket Liner Quick Dry

It took some trial and error to discover that I need a really short inseam. Which feels obvious now: I wear petite sizes in all pants because I’m 5’ tall. Less fabric between my thighs = less bunching. These fit perfectly and were a delight to run in! I’m only deducting points because while the back zip pocket does just fit my iPhone SE, that’s it: I can’t even fit my house keys in there. So I do need to supplement with a small clip-on pouch. Not a big deal, but would it kill them to add one of those tiny key pockets in the waistband? The lack of key pocket is made up for by the budget price tag, though.

Anyway, they fit perfectly, are super soft and comfy, and are exceptionally light and airy in the brutality that is FL summer. :thumbsup2
is there no size chart for these???

On the topic of World Majors, Chicago just tightened up its guaranteed qualifying times for 2025 (and added more age groups) so that it's now faster than Boston to get in.
Wow. Even though I've told myself no more marathons, I still "had" a qualifying time I could have used for 2025. But now the time for F60-69--which used to be 5:00--is now 4:30 for 65-69 and 4:15 for 60-64. That's a major change. Guess it cinches the decision for me.

Who’s running ATL Peachtree this year “with”DH and me? We are in waves F and G. Nephew and DW are running and helping walk wave L to the starting line.
Sorry, I haven’t caught up on this thread, so just saw this. DH and I will be there. He’s in C, and I’m in H. I haven’t been running, though, and he’s worried about me, so he says he’s going to drop back and stay with me. I will probably have to mostly walk, with some slow running thrown in. We’d love to find you afterwards at the party.

You have to look at the item description (not the images, so sorta tricky).

Thanks! I looked all over, through the whole description, different colors and couldn’t find it anywhere. I have a very difficult relationship with running shorts so I’m not holding my breath on any ever fitting 😂
I’m glad @prncssjas found it because I couldn’t remember how I got there lol!
I’m developing quite the collection of CRZ Yoga bottoms - they just fit me so well. Very much like Athleta’s fit, if that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest