The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

LucyBC80

Donald Duck #1
Whilst planning my February 2013 trip, my amazing mother came to me and started this conversation:

Mom - so, we are locked for February right?
Me - yeah, why?
Mom - oh, I just thinking of how fun a Christmas trip would be.
Me - *whining* we are NOT changing the dates again, mom.
Mom - I KNOW THAT *insert mother glare here*. But wouldn't it be fun?
Me - *starts planning a Christmas trip*

So, after counting our pennies we came to conclusion that two trips on the same year is just not possible for us at this particular time. But December 2014 is now a go! We are going to Disney for Christmas!! :banana:

And yes, it's more than two years away but one can always plan AND start a new thread, right?

This is the official December 2014 thread ya'll, let's celebrate Christmas with the mouse!!

Following.

Just finished our 2nd WDW December trip (2010, 2012), and before we were at Day 5, we were already talking about our next trip. So, even though, from here, it is still just a twinkle in the planning process, it's a goal.

:cool1:We are currently planning Sept 2013 but I am working on December 2014 in my head!! What part of Dec are you planning on going in?

Woo-hoo!! I am in. We went to Disney in December of 2011 and 2012. DH wanted to take a couple years off, I thought our next trip would be in Feb of 2015 or 2016. DH informs me a couple nights ago that we should go in December again since we like the lights so much. And that we could go in Dec 2014. :banana:

Hi BDL! Another big fan of Dec trips. :goodvibes. I dont remember what the castle looks like without lights on it. :rotfl:

:cool1:We are currently planning Sept 2013 but I am working on December 2014 in my head!! What part of Dec are you planning on going in?

just had our last trip in Dec '12 for xmas,...I am now planning our trip for Dec. '14...cant wait. I have our dates ready, just want to call and reserve it.....Just had the taxes done, thinking that I will pay it off with the return and then back on spending....would be wild to have it paid for before this xmas!....oh how slow the time is going to go!

I'm going the WDW the beginning of May for three days and I'm already planning for my next trip which will be Dec 14-21, 2014. My DD10(will be 12 at time of trip) and I are so excited to be there during the holidays. I'm so glad I found this thread and will be subscribing. The countdown has officially started. I would love to have this trip paid off by this Christmas. After 7 days at The World we will be going on a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy.

I'm thinking about starting a FB group for December 2014... Anyone on FB that would join the closed group? Let me know

I'm thinking about starting a FB group for December 2014... Anyone on FB that would join the closed group? Let me know

I would join, I still have the one from last trip Dec 12, nice to be able to say we are going next xmas to Disney. still trying to figure out if paying for DDP is for us or not, my DH was never a fan of it til he tried it and liked that we didn't have to earmark money for meals or carry extra for snacks and meals. we have to nights comped by Disney(due to issues on our last trip) so have see what happens:)

I would join, I still have the one from last trip Dec 12, nice to be able to say we are going next xmas to Disney. still trying to figure out if paying for DDP is for us or not, my DH was never a fan of it til he tried it and liked that we didn't have to earmark money for meals or carry extra for snacks and meals. we have to nights comped by Disney(due to issues on our last trip) so have see what happens:)

We always do the meal plan because its just easier to not have to deal with paying OOP. I like having everything prepaid when I get there.

I will keep everyone posted about creating a December 2014 DB page

We always do the meal plan because its just easier to not have to deal with paying OOP. I like having everything prepaid when I get there.

I will keep everyone posted about creating a December 2014 DB page

Thanks for doing a FB page.

I am also a big fan of the DDP. I like the convenience, but I always do my math first. Like last trip, we upgraded to the DxDP (3TS/CS meals 2 snacks per night). It just made sense for us. We saw 2 events that had a dining combo (Candlelight Processional and Fantasmic!) which cost 2 pts each and 1 signature meal (dinner at LC) which also cost 2 pts. If we stuck with the DDP, that would've been all our sit down meals. Not only that, but we actually saved about $200 each with the DxDP vs the DDP.

And at Christmas time, those snack points come in real handy. :thumbsup2

For those scared about the amount of food, remember, it's 3TS/CS meals per night of your stay. Not per day. So depending on your travel plans (when you arrive/depart), it could translate into 18 meals for a 7 day stay.

Just something to consider. Make sure you do your math. :teacher:

Add us to the December 2014 excitement :thumbsup2 we are starting to research because we will have 4 adults and 4 kids. We will stay at a deluxe and definitely do the dining plan :santa:

I would love to join the Facebook group , just let me know.

We experienced our first Disney Christmas last year with our 3 kids. We were there from Dec 19 - Jan 2. It was AMAZING!!! Sure it was busy but we made the best of it. And oddly enough before we were even back we were talking to our Travel agent about getting our deposit in for this year's already.

Now we have a deposit on our trip to Disneyland in July which airfare is already purchased for and we're paying that trip down AND we have our deposit in for December's Christmas trip. Right now the price tag scares us at full rack rate but we are pretty sure something will come along and help with that, if not we may have to change our dates a little and shorten our stay...BUT WE'RE GOING BACK TO DISNEY FOR CHRISTMAS 2013 :)

Now we have already discussed that after 2 Christmas's we're going to try and go for a Halloween next year...

We experienced our first Disney Christmas last year with our 3 kids. We were there from Dec 19 - Jan 2. It was AMAZING!!! Sure it was busy but we made the best of it. And oddly enough before we were even back we were talking to our Travel agent about getting our deposit in for this year's already.

Now we have a deposit on our trip to Disneyland in July which airfare is already purchased for and we're paying that trip down AND we have our deposit in for December's Christmas trip. Right now the price tag scares us at full rack rate but we are pretty sure something will come along and help with that, if not we may have to change our dates a little and shorten our stay...BUT WE'RE GOING BACK TO DISNEY FOR CHRISTMAS 2013 :)

Now we have already discussed that after 2 Christmas's we're going to try and go for a Halloween next year...

Have you ever thought of renting DVC points? I think I'm going to try to rent points because it is cheaper than rack rate.

As of now, we're planning to leave on the 11th of December and to return somewhere around the 19th. Anyone know what the crowds are like that week?

As of now, we're planning to leave on the 11th of December and to return somewhere around the 19th. Anyone know what the crowds are like that week?

The week of the 13th is the number 2 weekend for crowds in 2014. This is the week we will be there. I'm looking to rent DVC points

I'm hoping this link works.... This is the crowd calendar I looked at.

http://**************.net/wp-conten...-Visit-Walt-Disney-World-Ranked-in-Order1.jpg

I'm hoping this link works.... This is the crowd calendar I looked at.

http://**************.net/wp-conten...-Visit-Walt-Disney-World-Ranked-in-Order1.jpg

Oh what a great chart! Thanks!

What does it mean by prices are higher? Is that just a normal price hike for the Christmas thing? If so, I think we've already planned for it. Do you have any idea how easy it is to get ADR's for the more popular restaurants in the not so busy weeks?

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter