More ADRs available than expected?

g3pak

DIS Veteran
I was looking just now at available ADRs 60 days from today and was surprised at how many are still available, especially considering Free Dining is going on in July. I would expect that the only thing left by 11 am 60 days out would be a few spots at 8:50 pm at the less popular locations. Instead, I see a lot of ADRs still open at even the more popular TS spots.

Is this an indication that fewer people are doing the dining plan right now, even free dining? Is this an example of something else?

This has been going on since early 2023. I don't think it's an indicator of anything since all the restaurants we visited were full. The wait time to be seated was actually longer than before.

I’ve noticed the same. The dates in June I played with had very limited availability. When I started playing with the July dates, after July 4 there really are a lot of openings, especially for harder to get ADRs like Topolinos and the like.

I wasn’t sure if it was a glitch or if travel was way down. I’m a summer traveler, and the last few years the crowds have been very manageable in July and August. Either way, I hope it holds for another week or two so I can get the ADRs I want.

I noticed a lot of availability on my trip a couple of weeks ago. I was even able to get Space 220 for the next day, though I did have to keep checking for that - snagged it at 1 AM leaving the MK after hours! Otherwise, so much was available, though not all times were.

I think its a combination.

Summer crowds are not what they used to be.

Plus from my own personal experience/opinion the dining plan is no longer worth it even free depending on how you vacation of course.
I have gotten the dining plan a total of 16 times with the majority of those times being free dining.
On my last trip that was pre "C" I stayed club level and did not getting the dining plan and it actually felt quite "freeing".
So I had not minded that it did not come back and have decided that now that it is back its no longer something I want.

I have learned that its nice to not have to plan your day around your meals.
We choose one table service restaurant to make reservations at and then just wing the rest.

Our ADRs are in 5 days. I think we might just wing it with QS and get Genie+/ILL everyday instead. At DL we mobile ordered at the Red Rose Tavern and it was super easy. When it came time for The Blue Bayou, it was a 45-minute wait pasted our ADR slot until we were seated. Which ate into Genie+ time.

I noticed this as well. My ADR day was last week and I was up right at 6:00. I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted, including CRT breakfast. Just for kicks, I checked later that evening and there were still tons of times available. I was annoyed because it meant I could have slept later. 🤣

Us too. Our trip is in June and I am still playing because everything I want is available. Even Savor the Savanna when I was looking a couple of months ago at availability couldn’t find it. And we are a party of 4 got it no problem on day one but kept checking back and a lot of availability. We even lately have been winging it doing less sit down and more lounge type eating. Plus it’s fun to play dining roulette last minute

I was able to get everything I looked for the last few days of May and the first 9 days of June without any problems. I picked Topolino's, and Space 220 and other hard to get ADRs.

I noticed the same thing. For all our trips to disney I have always gotten right on at 6am and sometimes wasn't able to get everything. This time it was a breeze. I even checked for July 4th (I'm not going then) just to see and almost every restaurant has availability. Strange...

I’m going end of June into 4th of July, and I had zero issues getting what I wanted at the ideal times. We also got Wild Africa Trek and a dessert party, which surprised me a little, although we’ll probably cancel the dessert party, as neither in my party are fans of Disney sweets, and I’m not sure I can last that late.

It's interesting because June 28 seems to be diving line between fully booked and wide open, in particular for CRT and Sci-Fi, traditionally some of the harder-to-come-by ADRs. I wonder why?

I've noticed this too. We leave Saturday and there are still ADRs available for the restaurants we wanted. Be Our Guest has tons of openings. I posted about this too awhile back and I was told Disney made some rule changes that made it harder for people to book mult reservations at the same time which is part of the reason it's better now. But I can't help to think that part of it is lower crowds too. I'll find out in a few days!

I've noticed this too. We leave Saturday and there are still ADRs available for the restaurants we wanted. Be Our Guest has tons of openings. I posted about this too awhile back and I was told Disney made some rule changes that made it harder for people to book mult reservations at the same time which is part of the reason it's better now. But I can't help to think that part of it is lower crowds too. I'll find out in a few days!
I watched from about mid-June until the current openings. June through just after July 4 had very few openings if popular ADRs starting at 60 days out.

If you look later in July you can book multiple days if Topolinos breakfast, which is difficult to get. Same with many others. Either no one is eating inside in July, or, hopefully, attendance will be lower for our visit.

I watched from about mid-June until the current openings. June through just after July 4 had very few openings if popular ADRs starting at 60 days out.

If you look later in July you can book multiple days if Topolinos breakfast, which is difficult to get. Same with many others. Either no one is eating inside in July, or, hopefully, attendance will be lower for our visit.
I’m going end of June and leaving morning of July 4. I had zero issues getting everything I wanted at the 60 day mark. I got Wild Africa Trek; I could have got Up Close with Rhinos as well and seriously considered it since I’d never seen it available at my 60. I had my pick of Toppolino’s breakfast slots, which was a first for me. It was even easy to do Space 220, an MK dessert party, and Art Smith’s. I have no pretense that it won’t be crowded, but I guess everyone else will be too busy (maybe too hot) to eat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter