The Official Dec. 2010 Code Watch

hmillerbarilla:
Thanks for the encouragement! As for AAA discounts, it depends on the season, but it's typically 10-20%---the bigger amounts are for the deluxes. I think the mousesavers site spells it out pretty well; I just haven't looked at it very recently. I assume there could be some blackout dates, but I think most days are easy to get a AAA discount with. The pins and discounts offered by Disney are usually better if they're out there! Here's keeping my fingers crossed for good news on the 13th.

We'll be there Dec. 2nd!! We added a day onto our trip and are saving money with the Dining special!! HOW AWESOME!!! Thanks to Beth at DU for doing so much for us!!

I'm asking myself why I did so much myself before... It is much easier with her help!!

We are doing 2 Mousetacular events, my goal is to let my family see that I am not the only person who wants to spend all my vacations at something Disney!!

THe only concern I have is that I had to change from Savannah view at AKL to Savannah View with Bunk Beds... Do you think my DD16 will hate them?

Send me a note if your family is there when we are!! TTFN

I booked online due to the long wait time over the phone! nov.30-dec.7th at pop! Can't wait!!! this is my first trip to disney and it's even better with free dining! even though half my stay is during blackout dates, i still receive free dining for the entire stay because i'm checking in during a non blackout date!! This made staying at disney cheaper than staying off site! I can't believe it!

question, when I booked online, I didnt see a place where I could request what type of room, building, floor, etc. How do I request these things? :banana:

You can call back anytime to add your requests. Wait till the phone lines aren't so busy. :goodvibes

Just changed my reservation from POFQ Dec. 9 - 16, to Coronado Springs with free dining Dec. 14 - 21! I'm so excited! We made my 9 year old a 10 year old so he could order off the adult menu, does anyone know if he can still order off the kids menu if he wants to? He's a huge steak fan, and we have an ADR for Le Cellier on the 15th, so I wanted him to be able to order off the adult menu for that, but he's also happy to get chicken nuggets and fries a lot of the time...

Just changed my reservation from POFQ Dec. 9 - 16, to Coronado Springs with free dining Dec. 14 - 21! I'm so excited! We made my 9 year old a 10 year old so he could order off the adult menu, does anyone know if he can still order off the kids menu if he wants to? He's a huge steak fan, and we have an ADR for Le Cellier on the 15th, so I wanted him to be able to order off the adult menu for that, but he's also happy to get chicken nuggets and fries a lot of the time...

Yes, you can do that. You can also pay out of pocket for his kids meal & save his extra credits for another meal. We do this with my DD. Sometimes she and I also share. We save up enough extra credits to do a signature dinner or a TS breakfast. :goodvibes

Just booked our trip as well! WOOT WOOT! So excited. :cloud9: I have a question though, we're coming in November 30th...leaving December 6th, so we only are getting 6 day Park Hopper passes. We also got free dining, but is this only going to be for 6 days like my park passes, or will it be for 8 days like our hotel reservation?

If you check in on nov 30 and check out on dec. 6 that is 6 nights, so you will get dining credits for 6 nights. You're only there for 7 days not 8.

I'm booked nov.30th to dec.7th at pop, so I get dining credits for 7 nights because I'm booked for 7 nights. which is plenty for us because we're spending 2 days at universal too, so we'll have to pay oop for universal meals. but we'll probably use our dining credits at the resort for breakfast, head over to universal and buy lunch, then maybe go back to the resort for supper that way we're only buying 1 meal at universal! I think universal closes early in december anyway.

Thanks to all you very helpful folks I just booked a trip for 14 nights from Nov 28th to December 12th at All Star Sports, 10 day tickets and QS dining for $1862.34. Have to check the math on this as my figures are a bit different but I am one happy woman! Now I have something to live for once again.:lmao:

Slightly Goofy

THe only concern I have is that I had to change from Savannah view at AKL to Savannah View with Bunk Beds... Do you think my DD16 will hate them?

You can keep checking or having your TA check if a regular Savannah view room opens up. Sometimes people book and then dont pay within the 2 weeks or something else changes. Sometimes it can take a little to get what you want.

Enjoy your trip, AKL is a beautiful resort!

Well, I have been sucked in. I booked Pop Century Preferred room Dec 21-26 and upgraded to the regular DDP, with 4 day base for 2 adults and it is $1524.

Now I have to decide which ressie to keep, the one at the Dolphin for only 3 nights or the one at Pop for 5.

Suzanne

Well, I have been sucked in. I booked Pop Century Preferred room Dec 21-26 and upgraded to the regular DDP, with 4 day base for 2 adults and it is $1524.

Now I have to decide which ressie to keep, the one at the Dolphin for only 3 nights or the one at Pop for 5.

Suzanne

Oh good for you - Christmas at Disney!!!! POP, POP - 5 days sounds like fun - LOL!!!! :cool1: :banana: :goodvibes

Oh good for you - Christmas at Disney!!!! POP, POP - 5 days sounds like fun - LOL!!!! :cool1: :banana: :goodvibes

Well, if the weather was as wet as last year, I might stay at home :rotfl:

We really enjoyed it and I said I wouldn't do it again and here I am. I wouldn't do it if I had children, but since it is just DH and myself, I can deal with the crowds, as long as it isn't raining or too hot.

Suzanne

I am too chicken to fight the crowds at Christmas time, especially with my husband but I know you all will have a wonderful time!:goodvibes

Slightly Goofy

I am too chicken to fight the crowds at Christmas time, especially with my husband but I know you all will have a wonderful time!:goodvibes

Slightly Goofy

I always said that too, but with the economy what it is, it wasn't bad at all, well except that it rained all day long. It did get a little worse on Dec 26 and beyond, but we left on Dec 27. I have to use an ECV and it still wasn't bad.

With my job, this is when I have to go this year. Next year may be different with the way the holiday falls.

Suzanne

PrincessSuzanne, I am glad you got to go then and are going again. We all have our favorite times. My husband is a lot older than I am and I learned how to drive late in life, because he did not want me to drive or leave the house even :confused3, and so I am not good at driving in the winter so that time period works better for me and I leave early if need be or stay somewhere until the weather lets up. One of the benefits of being retired.:goodvibes

My grandkids would not care for it if I were not here for Christmas. I would not either. :laughing:

I am thinking of getting a walker to help me, I have COPD issues. Wonder how you get them on and off the bus? I have my hands full getting myself and my husband on and off. ;)

Slightly Goofy

I'm slightly bummed that we can't get FD due to our arrival date. While free dining would be nice, we don't eat that many meals at either TS or CS to make it the best discount. I'd rather get a room discount. But when I called to verify that we're blacked out on our dates for FD, the CM was very nice about it, checked to see if we have a PIN and said that we might still get a discount from our Disney Visa. I am going to be checking that one closely. I can't wait to go to the Contemporary, discount or not. I've always wanted to stay there!

PrincessSuzanne, I am glad you got to go then and are going again. We all have our favorite times. My husband is a lot older than I am and I learned how to drive late in life, because he did not want me to drive or leave the house even :confused3, and so I am not good at driving in the winter so that time period works better for me and I leave early if need be or stay somewhere until the weather lets up. One of the benefits of being retired.:goodvibes

My grandkids would not care for it if I were not here for Christmas. I would not either. :laughing:

I am thinking of getting a walker to help me, I have COPD issues. Wonder how you get them on and off the bus? I have my hands full getting myself and my husband on and off. ;)

Slightly Goofy

Will you be using the walker at Disney? If you are, there's a disABILITIES forum here: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20 . The lovely people on this forum might be able to help you with the logistics of getting around Disneyworld with COPD. Hope this helps! :goodvibes

homeschoolmomof4, one of my favorite DISers is a homeschool mother of 8.

I know about the Disability Board and will check that out once I decide just how disabled I am. I have to deal with mine as well as my husband's so it gets a bit overwhelming at times and not so much at others.

Thank you, Slightly Goofy

So, I'm really stressing out about this now that the FD is open to the public. I just booked non-refundable airfare for Dec. 7-12 last night in anticipation of using a PIN that a CM told me was attached to my name. I had called last Tuesday and the CM said I have a pin good for FD for my dates, but I can't use it until July 13. I decided to go ahead and book the air because those rates are starting to go up, but wait until July 13 to book the room. :scared: Now that the public option is out there, and my dates are blacked out, I'm worried that the CM gave me wrong info. I can deal with that--I've come to terms with the fact that even if I was given the wrong info, I can still get my AAA discount and save a few bucks---at value rates, it won't break the bank if I don't get free dining. However, now I'm stressing out that POP will book up and if I call on July 13, I won't even be able to get a room!! Can someone help calm my nerves, please??? How likely is it that POP will sell out in the next week for Dec. 7-12??? I believe the ASresorts are being used for Pop Warner week. :scared:
If you're concerned, why not book the AAA room now, and check back on the 13th to apply your PIN? You can change it if it works out better for you, but at least you'd still have a reservation.

Slightly Goofy

I certainly understand. I don't have any parents or children, or even grandparents, so being away is just fine with me. I lost my mom almost 2 years ago and it has been hard to be home for Christmas, so I wanted to get away, so I wouldn't have to be so sad. She and I were very close and WDW was her favorite place to be, so it is just a place we can still be together in spirit.

If you can get an ECV to use at the park, it makes getting around much easier. I have problems with my feet and knees and have to use one, it makes our trip so much more enjoyable.

Suzanne

Happy to know others are watching for Codes and VERY HAPPY to jump on the bandwagon. Going to WDW with our family of 15. Dec 17-26 at POFQ.:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest