Buggy return and disney stuffies

SapphirePixie

Earning My Ears
We had a good trip to disney but on our way home, at our last hotel, we had a buggy bed. We were told by staff it was gnats and not bedbugs but I don't believe them. We're taking every precaution we can.
In the buggy bed were 2 disney stuffies, one old and loved and one brand new from the trip. The new one says it can't be washed in water over 80 degrees and shouldn't be dried. After much researching the best way to kill the bugs are hot water and/or hot dryer.
Has anyone hot water washed or hot dried a disney stuffy? Will they survive or am I stuck bagging them away for a year?

We had a good trip to disney but on our way home, at our last hotel, we had a buggy bed. We were told by staff it was gnats and not bedbugs but I don't believe them. We're taking every precaution we can.
In the buggy bed were 2 disney stuffies, one old and loved and one brand new from the trip. The new one says it can't be washed in water over 80 degrees and shouldn't be dried. After much researching the best way to kill the bugs are hot water and/or hot dryer.
Has anyone hot water washed or hot dried a disney stuffy? Will they survive or am I stuck bagging them away for a year?
Did the bugs fly? I don’t believe bedbugs fly, but gnats do.

A hot dryer can melt the fur on the stuffie, so I would not risk it if the tag specifically says not to do it.

Could the new stuffie be completely submersed in wster for many hours- would that do it?

A hot dryer can melt the fur on the stuffie, so I would not risk it if the tag specifically says not to do it.
They did not fly. My husband believes them but I 100% think they're trying to pretend it's no big deal.

Try calling your local library. Bedbugs are an issue with library books and a lot of libraries have a heated device they put returned books in to ensure there are no issues. They may be willing to put your stuffy in. In the meantime keep everything in plastic. Place your luggage in garbage bags outside your house and leave them outside until you can properly treat everything.

And, OP, where were you staying? If you care to say. Thanks.

You can wrap the stuffie in a trash bag and put it in a hot car for a few days to kill the bugs

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest