The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

It’s weird. On BW’s rack rates, the standard and pool/garden choices are same price, and BW View just slightly more (like less than 5% more money). It’s just strangely different than the point charts. Probably helps improve optics for early bookers and discounts for later bookers.

Why are P/G views the same points as BW views? I understand P/G is an upgrade to standard but BW is superior no? Why isn't there even a one point difference?
At one time there were only 2 categories--there was no BW view. It became a mess for the front desk because so many of the folks who booked preferred view wanted to be on the BW. So the BW view room category was created, allowing people to know in advance whether they would or would not be facing the BW. A change in points for BW view would require an entire restructuring of the points tables, since the total number of points for the resort cannot change.

At one time there were only 2 categories--there was no BW view. It became a mess for the front desk because so many of the folks who booked preferred view wanted to be on the BW. So the BW view room category was created, allowing people to know in advance whether they would or would not be facing the BW.
Makes sense!

A change in points for BW view would require an entire restructuring of the points tables, since the total number of points for the resort cannot change.
Restructuring doesn’t have to be complicated they could just take a point from P/G and add it to BW, or however makes sense.
I would think they all could be within 1pt of each other.
S-14, P/G-15, BW-16 (but yes this would require a little more work)

At one time there were only 2 categories--there was no BW view. It became a mess for the front desk because so many of the folks who booked preferred view wanted to be on the BW. So the BW view room category was created, allowing people to know in advance whether they would or would not be facing the BW. A change in points for BW view would require an entire restructuring of the points tables, since the total number of points for the resort cannot change.

Makes sense!

Restructuring doesn’t have to be complicated they could just take a point from P/G and add it to BW, or however makes sense.
Yes totally makes sense coming from the two categories! And yeah wouldn’t they be able to just grab a point or two from here to add to there? That’s probably simplifying it too much there’s probably more hurdles than that but boy oh boy it just feels like even a one point difference would justify the BW over P/G. Although from what I’ve read the Village Green area seems to be very popular for the P/G category.

Makes sense!

I wouldn’t mind a smaller gap between standard and pool/garden, like taking 1-3pts/nt from p/g and adding it to standard.

That would take the crazy high demand for standard down a notch, so hopefully less commercial renting and less DVC olympics style walking. It would still be popular, just less popular. Which is fine. It would also make getting a p/g view better. Right now p/g can cost 66% more points than standards and can end up in a VERY similar view/distance. I’d feel much better booking it if around 20% more instead.

A studio on a night 9pts standard, 16pts p/g, 16pts bw view.
Change it to 11pts standard, 14pts p/g, and leave bw 16pts.

I’d have an easier time accepting any of these. Right now I’d never want pool/garden.

My concern over the noise level for the 2 bed pool/garden rooms is no more because I was able to get a standard 2 bed this morning. I generally try not to walk a reservation, but I will do it since this is for my 50th birthday trip. I'd love to get a grand villa, but I don't have enough points for that.

I think some of the reservation in changing these may be because it's a little more complicated. There are not an equal number or standard, pool/garden, and boardwalk rooms at the Boardwalk. For example, this is the number of studios:
29-Boardwalk view
65-Pool/Garden view
52-Standard view
Points do not go up or down as a whole for the resort so I'm sure there are complications with changing point charts in room categories, especially over at the Boardwalk.

I think @Princess Merida is right. We bought BWV when BW view was simply a request if you booked Preferred view. We always requested it, as I suspect many owners did. We were disappointed if we didn’t get it but accepted it without complaint. However, apparently not all owners did accept it, and there were reports of full-on tantrums at the front desk, which led to DVC splitting Preferred into the P/G view and BW view booking categories. As posted above, the relative numbers of BW view and P/G view villas do not allow a simple “increase one/decrease the other” points reallocation.

As for the Village Green view villas, they were originally classified as BW view. But many owners complained that they only had a partial BW view and asked to be moved. So they were reclassified as P/G view, and now, instead of being unwanted, they are highly sought after! :cutie:

I think some of the reservation in changing these may be because it's a little more complicated. There are not an equal number or standard, pool/garden, and boardwalk rooms at the Boardwalk. For example, this is the number of studios:
29-Boardwalk view
65-Pool/Garden view
52-Standard view
Points do not go up or down as a whole for the resort so I'm sure there are complications with changing point charts in room categories, especially over at the Boardwalk.
Ahh, yes that makes even more sense. Cant just change the “price” if the amount of rooms isn’t even.

29-Boardwalk view
65-Pool/Garden view
52-Standard view

I think @Princess Merida is right. We bought BWV when BW view was simply a request if you booked Preferred view. We always requested it, as I suspect many owners did. We were disappointed if we didn’t get it but accepted it without complaint. However, apparently not all owners did accept it, and there were reports of full-on tantrums at the front desk, which led to DVC splitting Preferred into the P/G view and BW view booking categories. As posted above, the relative numbers of BW view and P/G view villas do not allow a simple “increase one/decrease the other” points reallocation.

As for the Village Green view villas, they were originally classified as BW view. But many owners complained that they only had a partial BW view and asked to be moved. So they were reclassified as P/G view, and now, instead of being unwanted, they are highly sought after! :cutie:

Yes. I really should’ve mentioned this aspect. One time I actually spent 90 minutes and drew up a BW chart taking into account the total number of resort points and rooms in each view. I might still have a copy somewhere. The place I posted back in 2018/2019 no longer exists. It totally can be done and not that difficult. I think the issue is what reasons they have for leaving the way it is, and that I’m less sure of.

Interactive In-Room TVs Now Available at Disney's BoardWalk Inn

As of March 1, 2024, this interactive television system is now also available at Disney's BoardWalk Inn.
Yeah we'll see...the casting option rarely works so I figure it will be more of the same at BWI.

We were having the hardest time getting the TV to cast Disney+ last month. I wish they just included it.

It's easier to bring an HDMi cord and physically connect my tablet as needed.

Yeah we'll see...the casting option rarely works so I figure it will be more of the same at BWI.

We were having the hardest time getting the TV to cast Disney+ last month. I wish they just included it.

It's easier to bring an HDMi cord and physically connect my tablet as needed.
Agree, it seems ridiculous not to just have it streaming for free. I had to run it off of my phone. Barely worth the hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter