The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

. Interestingly, they seem to have flipped the murphy bed/couch - in Boulder Ridge, the remaining couch seat section when the bed is down sits on the sliding door side in all the rooms I've been in - this one appears to put the bed part closest to the window.
SSR has the seat section against the window also. I wonder if they did not order correctly and all the murphy beds were identical instead of some with the seat on the left and some on the right to account for different orientation of various rooms. With what they are doing at BWV it seems to be causing some interference with the end seat of the table or maybe they just needed to situate it a bit closer to the outside wall.

True - forgot SSR (was just there in December in the renovated rooms). Not that it matters all that much to me either way - just found it curious...I'd have to see if it would be any different getting out of the bed with the seat on the inside, as if a single person was on that bed they'd most likely get out on that side rather than against the window.

And looking back at the photos, I only just noticed that they don't do the small murphy under the TV...for someone who doesn't travel with kids and generally the largest party I ever travel with is 3...I much prefer this design as the one thing that hurts at the other newly renovated resorts is lack of drawers/storage in the living room when someone is staying there. This design works much better in that regard with proper drawers and shelves under the TV.

Last edited:
And looking back at the photos, I only just noticed that they don't do the small murphy under the TV
That’s more of an accident of the original BWV design. The connecting door between living room and studio portion of 2BR is on that wall, so not enough space for the bunk size under-TV Murphy.

Someone posted on FB the first food truck arrived today. Looks like seating was added as well.

1705938697813.png

Yes, it is. It was noted in the article I posted on Friday HERE.

Thanks, I missed you post on Friday. I was busy getting ready for our trip to WDW. We left NJ around 3:30am Saturday morning. We are currently at Bay Lake Towers and will be checking in at BWV on Saturday 1/27. If it hasn't already been posted here what the food truck is offering, I will try to come back and post that information.

The food truck idea is a temp solution and at least adds some grab-and-go, takeout, and non-reservation type food options that Big River used to be good for. But what would be nice is if they had some kind of posted schedule of WHAT food trucks will be there on what days - if I'm trying to plan out reservation options for next month to decide if I might want to skip a reservation and just hit a place on the Boardwalk (the way I would with ESPN or Big River), it's difficult to decide when I don't know what food options will be there. Is it a burger truck, Mexican, Asian, Seafood, Desserts? Hopefully they can have some kind of schedule or announcement about the foods at least for the coming few weeks.

Thanks, I missed you post on Friday. I was busy getting ready for our trip to WDW. We left NJ around 3:30am Saturday morning. We are currently at Bay Lake Towers and will be checking in at BWV on Saturday 1/27. If it hasn't already been posted here what the food truck is offering, I will try to come back and post that information.
That would be great! Thank you! Have fun!!

Food Truck Update:

A New Food Option Just Arrived at Disney’s BoardWalk

There are now food trucks on the BoardWalk! A Cast Member told us that they will be rotating daily going forward.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn Apps Food Truck

Today, we spotted App’s Food Truck!

They’re open from 11AM to 4PM, so it’s really only available for lunch.

On the menu, you can get things like arepas, burgers, empanadas, quesadillas, and more.

Since the food trucks are apparently rotating, we will probably see a different option tomorrow, but we’ll have to wait and find out!

Ouch...it's a nice option and selection on that truck would be fine, but lunch only is a killer. I visited ESPN or Big River almost exclusively in the 7pm - 11pm range and that's when I'd really need that type of food option. Oh well...Fountain or Beaches & Cream look like the only two options left around the area for dinner and later.

Food Truck Update:

A New Food Option Just Arrived at Disney’s BoardWalk

There are now food trucks on the BoardWalk! A Cast Member told us that they will be rotating daily going forward.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn Apps Food Truck's BoardWalk Inn Apps Food Truck

Today, we spotted App’s Food Truck!

They’re open from 11AM to 4PM, so it’s really only available for lunch.

On the menu, you can get things like arepas, burgers, empanadas, quesadillas, and more.

Since the food trucks are apparently rotating, we will probably see a different option tomorrow, but we’ll have to wait and find out!

Does the pricing seem a little high for a food truck? I mean - I know it's Disney
Ouch...it's a nice option and selection on that truck would be fine, but lunch only is a killer. I visited ESPN or Big River almost exclusively in the 7pm - 11pm range and that's when I'd really need that type of food option. Oh well...Fountain or Beaches & Cream look like the only two options left around the area for dinner and later.
Good luck getting seated at Beaches and Cream.... you may have better luck with the Yacht and Beach quick service locations...

Does the pricing seem a little high for a food truck? I mean - I know it's Disney

Good luck getting seated at Beaches and Cream.... you may have better luck with the Yacht and Beach quick service locations...
I found the website for this food truck, as well as their FB page. Looks like this is their normal prices, although some options here appear to be $1.00 more than the prices posted on their website.

Problem with most quick serves is that you don't get that diner/pub/bar style greasy food option - burgers, fries, wings, quesadillas, and so on. Fountain does pretty well, and Beaches at least has decent buirgers and fries, greasy chicken sandwiches, etc.

There's quite few of those in Disney in general - City Works, Splitsville, Rix Bar...those are the few examples I can think about offhand.

Work Continues on Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort

The addition of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs to Disney’s BoardWalk Resort was originally announced last July, and progress on the new stand has been slow.

BoardWalk to Go Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Recently, however, the old BoardWalk to Go sign was removed from the structure, and planters were extended to cover the stand.

The other big change has been the removal of the old BoardWalk to Go blue color scheme.

The stand is currently white, although it may not necessarily stay that way.

Here is a look at the back side of the building. As you can see, work is currently underway.

At this time we do not have an opening for Blue Ribbion Corn Dogs.

Small update:​

Blue Ribbon Corn Dog Stand has been painted Yellow

1705995487451.jpeg

1705995323726.jpeg

Wow, this looks beautiful. I know there are lots of opinions floating around that the refurb was too generic, but this looks amazing. Love the artwork.
Can anyone tell me if the tubs are no longer jetted? From the picture it looks that way. My wife is going to be very sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter