The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Work Continues on The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort

1709743515288.jpeg

1709743536752.jpeg

I'm wondering how far ahead of a reservation date would I hear if I'm being moved? A day or two before, or more than that?

Anyone know if the laundry room is still closed for renovation? We are leaving in a few days and was hoping for good news that it is back open.

best option for breakfast? we are staying for 2 nights pre cruise next month. better to just get groceries to the room?

best option for breakfast? we are staying for 2 nights pre cruise next month. better to just get groceries to the room?
depends what you like for breakfast. Trattoria Al Forna and Ale & Compass (at Yacht club) have awesome breakfast! but they sit-down.
Carousel Coffee in the Boardwalk lobby and the Boardwalk Deli both have some small breakfast options. I personally prefer to walk over the Yacht and have breakfast at the Marketplace there. nice potato barrels with eggs - and Mickey waffles.

Disney’s BoardWalk Friendship Boat Dock Refurbished

Crews have recently refurbished the dock at Disney’s BoardWalk in Walt Disney World. The dock serves watercraft traveling from EPCOTand other nearby destinations.

BoardWalk Dock Refurbishment

Crew member on boat at end of BoardWalk dock

When we took a Friendship boat from EPCOT to Disney’s BoardWalk on March 13, several crew members were on the dock. One was arranging planks of wood on a work boat.

WDW BoardWalk Dock Refurbishment 03.13.2024 0128

Crews had clearly replaced most of the planks of the wood that make up the dock. Notice that some of the short planks next to a wooden post and planks under the railing are a different color from the fresh wood around them.

BoardWalk dock with construction wall

While crew members finished work, a construction wall was up down the center of the dock. Crew members were on the opposite side from guests and Friendship boats.

Crew members on BoardWalk dock

We weren’t sure what the crew members were doing when we arrived. They may have just been packing up construction materials.

BoardWalk dock construction

A big orange toolbox was behind the construction walls. There were three crew members on site Wednesday morning.

WDW BoardWalk Dock Refurbishment 03.13.2024 0140

Hi.
How many people does a P/G one bedroom fit and what are the sleeping arrangements? Is there
a pull out chair? Thank you.

DH and I have our first stay at BWV coming up and I want to make our room request. We booked a P/G view deluxe studio on points. I think what I am wanting to request is an upper floor room, with a full balcony, with a great view of the main pool. Or is there something better we should ask for? We are not familiar with this resort at all. I’ve looked at TP website room views, but it’s hard to tell which rooms have a full balcony and which don’t.

The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk is Now Hiring

The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalkis opening in 2024, and the highly-anticipated sweet shop is ramping up its hiring.

The company is holding open interviews this March for a variety of new positions.

Over 16 positions and multiple roles, including hosts, bakers, decorators, and more, need to be filled prior to the opening of this much-anticipated bake shop.

Construction Updates

How close are we to the opening of this colorful sweets location? The Cake Bake Shop was originally supposed to open in 2023 but was then moved to “sometime in 2024.”

Cake-BakeMG_1279.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

Cake-BakeMG_1281.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

Cake-BakeMG_1284.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

Cake-BakeMG_1276.heCake-Bakec-scaled.jpeg

New Roles

Cake-BakeMG_2036-e1711124049460.jpeg

Open Interviews

The Cake Bake Shop is holding open interviews on the following dates at TownePlace Suites By Marriott Orlando at Flamingo Crossings in Winter Garden, Florida:
  • Tuesday, March 26th, 8:00am-5:00pm
  • Wednesday, March 26th, 10:00am-7:00pm
  • Saturday, March 30th, 8:00am-5:00pm
Cake-BakeMG_2037-e1711124075764.jpeg

Open Positions

There are various roles available, and full-time employees receive medical, dental, vision, life, and ancillary insurance.

DH and I have our first stay at BWV coming up and I want to make our room request. We booked a P/G view deluxe studio on points. I think what I am wanting to request is an upper floor room, with a full balcony, with a great view of the main pool. Or is there something better we should ask for? We are not familiar with this resort at all. I’ve looked at TP website room views, but it’s hard to tell which rooms have a full balcony and which don’t.
All villas at BWV have balconies, so all you need request is High Floor and View of Luna Park Pool. Keep in mind that it will be noisy when afternoon activities are going on.

Some people with P/G view studios booked like to request View of Village Green, which is a partial BW view. I’d want High Floor there too because lower floors can be noisy with people going through the breezeway between the BW and the elevator entrance which is by Luna Park Pool.

All villas at BWV have balconies, so all you need request is High Floor and View of Luna Park Pool. Keep in mind that it will be noisy when afternoon activities are going on.

Some people with P/G view studios booked like to request View of Village Green, which is a partial BW view. I’d want High Floor there too because lower floors can be noisy with people going through the breezeway between the BW and the elevator entrance which is by Luna Park Pool.
Thanks. I was thinking I’d read somewhere that some rooms didn’t have a full balcony or had a bad balcony or something, but maybe it was another resort. I read so much about so many resorts I may have mixed them up.

We aren’t typically bothered by outside noise so it shouldn’t be an issue for us. We just like to be up high with a nice view. We stayed at BC last year and were looking directly into a tree from our balcony so that wasn’t ideal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter