The hits keep coming for late July travelers

Figment Mom

DIS Veteran
I just read that Peter Pan's Flight will be closed for refurbishment from July 8th to August 20th.

As a child of the 70s, this is one of my favorite rides. I ride it twice every MK day - once at rope drop and once with a LL. It's my favorite thing to ride with my kids, too.

We'll be there July 16-27th. So we get the rollout of multipass to deal with and now this?!?

I'll be okay, and so very, very happy to be taking my trip, but we could have gone in June just as easily had I known.

Makes me nervous to read any more WDW news in the next few days.

We just came back from a June trip and missed Tiana’s, RnR, Test Track, and a couple other things. It stinks when your favorites are closed!
It does! I'm sorry you missed those! Those are 3 major attractions.

My kids won't ride Tiana's or RnR so I wasn't crazy bummed about those (even though I would love to ride them). Test Track is my son's second favorite ride. At least I knew about that ahead of time. I feel like Peter Pan just got dumped on me!

It's going to be down during my trip also, but I look at this completely different. I'm just glad they're finally doing maintenance on these attractions after what seems like years of neglect.

We pay a lot of money to visit Walt Disney World and over the last 5-10 years they've ran these older attractions to the point of them basically falling a part. Effects have been turned off, lighting is poor, there's mold in some of the attractions, broken animatronics, water stains on the ceilings, etc.

They should be shutting down an attraction every month to refurb until the originals are back in working order even if it does inconvenience guests.

As for Peter Pan, they have 6 weeks. It would be nice if they would finally add some of the Disneyland effects to the Magic Kingdom version, but even if they just give it a good scrub, replace the light bulbs, repaint and grease the gears—it'll be a win.

It's going to be down during my trip also, but I look at this completely different. I'm just glad they're finally doing maintenance on these attractions after what seems like years of neglect.

We pay a lot of money to visit Walt Disney World and over the last 5-10 years they've ran these older attractions to the point of them basically falling a part. Effects have been turned off, lighting is poor, there's mold in some of the attractions, broken animatronics, water stains on the ceilings, etc.

They should be shutting down an attraction every month to refurb until the originals are back in working order even if it does inconvenience guests.

As for Peter Pan, they have 6 weeks. It would be nice if they would finally add some of the Disneyland effects to the Magic Kingdom version, but even if they just give it a good scrub, replace the light bulbs, repaint and grease the gears—it'll be a win.
I don't disagree that refurb is necessary. When you don't get to go regularly and your favorites are closed, it's a bummer, though. If this didn't come right on top of the multipass announcement, it may have hit differently.

I could have traveled any time this summer. I would have gone this month if I knew in advance to avoid being a multipass guinea pig and to ride PP. Could have gone before TT closed, too.

We rope drop MK to ride PP. My kids don't ride coasters. I don't even know what we'd rope drop now. We'll be fine and have fun making memories as always. I need a new plan, though!

OMG. Our plan was to tackle Peter Pan first because we haven’t been on it in 7 years.

Glad we are saving 30% and decided to splurge with BVR mid July. Looks like this is becoming a foodie / resort stay every day we’re closer to our trip.

While it does suck that it's being announced so soon, I do agree with Jwaire. Peter Pan is a ride that REALLY needs some TLC. I don't think this closure is long enough to where the updates from Disneyland could be added but I hope it gets some much needed love in the time it is closed. PPF and Buzz are the two rides where I feel like they just look....gross sometimes lol

I hate that for you! It definitely has to feel like just one more blow after all of the LL/Genie news over the past two days, but your attitude is awesome! I love that you said you'll be okay and that you're so glad to be taking the trip anyway. I hope you have the best time, and I hope you'll report back when you get home and fill us all in on how things went, especially with the Lightning Lane rollout!

In MDE, go under park hours, all hours. Click on July 8th, scroll down to closed for refurbishment, it's listed under Country Bear Jamboree.

For our trip dates, it's listed 1st spot for closed for refurbishment.
I see it now. I looked after I saw your post and I swear it wasn't there. But now when I look it is. Maybe I needed to close out the app and reopen it.

We just came back from a June trip and missed Tiana’s, RnR, Test Track, and a couple other things. It stinks when your favorites are closed!
This is what we dealt with too! We were lucky that my kids got to use the shooting gallery in MK before that closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest