The Crown Netflix

Ridiculously finished. :laughing:

I am hoping that next season we will see a stronger Diana, that I remember. It felt off to me. But the younger scenes felt bang on. You could feel her innocence.

And Charles didn't seem old enough visually this season and Diana seemed too young visually near the end.

It was very strange to see our own history played out, with Diana. Every outfit, heck every collar worn, was a playback for me. For many of us I am sure.

It made me sad to see in general terms. How a bad pairing can destroy two lives - rich, poor, famous or not. And sad that Diana never fully got her second act like Charles, after that suffering mess of a marriage.

I had more compassion for Charles, than most of you. I felt in some ways both were victims - as much as a victim one can be surrounded by that life, although you couldn't pay me enough to live that life - to the choice of marriage. Of course he wasn't in the dark like Diana. And of course he was an insensitive *** to her - and helped make it all a mess. A given. But he was practically told that it all had to be. And he wasn't prepared to accept that for himself, and for the good of Diana. It was really sad to watch.

Gillian Anderson, bring her her awards stat. Well done!

Loved the scenes with the Queen and Margaret Thatcher.

Gillian and Peter Morgan (the creator of the show) are a couple.

Captain Jack Randall/Frank Randall/ Prince Philip- bring that man his awards as well. Tobias Menzies is a force. He disappears into the character.

But it is the writing, I find it so intelligent and hysterically cheeky, that keeps me engrossed. And the cinematography - stunning.

Last edited:
And speaking of Princess Anne, this shot looks like Prince William in drag.

Not surprised as Anne's son Peter and his cousin William resemble each other.

...It made me sad to see in general terms. How a bad pairing can destroy two lives - rich, poor, famous or not. And sad that Diana never fully got her second act like Charles, after that suffering mess of a marriage.

I had more compassion for Charles, than most of you. I felt in some ways both were victims - as much as a victim one can be surrounded by that life, although you couldn't pay me enough to live that life - to the choice of marriage. Of course he wasn't in the dark like Diana. And of course he was an insensitive *** to her - and helped make it all a mess. A given. But he was practically told that it all had to be. And he wasn't prepared to accept that for himself, and for the good of Diana. It was really sad to watch.

Gillian Anderson, bring her her awards stat. Well done!

Loved the scenes with the Queen and Margaret Thatcher.

Gillian and Peter Morgan (the creator of the show) are a couple.

Captain Jack Randall/Frank Randall/ Prince Philip- bring that man his awards as well. Tobias Menzies is a force. He disappears into the character.

But it is the writing, I find it so intelligent and hysterically cheeky, that keeps me engrossed. And the cinematography - stunning.
:goodvibes I agree with much of what you wrote (I know, I know - you hate that ;) ) in that I've got a rather sentimental spot for the Windsors and tend to feel sympathetic to each of their unique challenges. Bolstered in large part by what a completely Claire Foy humanized Elizabeth in the early seasons and by getting a little carried away with the creative license the series is taking. Or I did. Until the episode with Margaret Thatcher at Balmoral. That made me despise them all a little. :mad: Each of them was entirely wretched.

"I'm going to have Camilla write to you while i'm away to keep you c ompany"!?!?!?! That's frigging weird dude.
Perhaps he thought EVERYONE should be as in awe of Camilla as he was. A decent percentage of the men in that family have a track record of becoming so besotted with a woman that they lose all reason.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes of season 4. I think this is the season I have most been looking forward to, as it's what I remember from childhood onwards.
Personally, I think they are playing Diana too young. I know she was only 19 when her and Charles got engaged, but she seems younger than that to me. And it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Maybe she really was that childlike, or in awe of the situation she found herself in.

:goodvibes I agree with much of what you wrote (I know, I know - you hate that ;) )

How dare you say I hate miracles, Annette. :sad2::littleangel:

Apparently the Balmoral festivities pissed a lot of people off. I read that Cherie Blair said that is was wretched.

And Sarah Ferguson has said that you had to enter and exit the place in a certain order. So relaxed isn't quite what they are really portraying.

If the actresses that are playing princess Anne have captured her character and personality correctly, I would like to get to know her in person very much.

So true. It has been reported that the Royal family is upset about the series. But if watching, Princess Anne must be quietly in glee. popcorn::
She steals the show every time she is on screen.

(It's the same actress both seasons with Anne - or did you mean in future seasons?)

Last edited:
Personally, I think they are playing Diana too young. I know she was only 19 when her and Charles got engaged, but she seems younger than that to me. And it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Maybe she really was that childlike, or in awe of the situation she found herself in.

I think in the younger years the childlike innocence of the actress and portrayal are bang on.

But so agree with you going forward. it is like seeing a girl in dress up. Diana never had that quality. She owned the look.

I didn’t look at the cast list, so I guess I made an assumption that they had changed the actress as princess Anne grew overtime. As they haven’t, I admire the actress even more for showing the maturity from Anne as a young teen to the adult wife and mother.

I can understand why she is her father’s favorite, as they’re both kind of snarky. I also thought it was interesting that they decided to focus on Andrew being his mothers favorite, especially with everything that’s going on in the last couple of years with him.

I've watched 4 episodes, so not sure how they will continue to portray Charles and Dianna but I think they are making it seem as if it is all Charles fault, Dianna is just young and stupid. Notice how Charles is always stooped shouldered and hanging his head, the real Prince Charles has good posture. They don't show Dianna in any bad light except for the bulimia. Plus the contradiction of her going on the hunt the first time she is at Balmoral and enjoying it and then saying she doesn't like the country. Perhaps if she had shown any interest in Charles's interest they might have had a chance at making it work. I believe she knew before she married him that it was an arranged marriage, not a love marriage, do you think he ever told her that he loved her?

I am liking all the seasons, my husband doesn't like the new cast but he is still watching. I wonder who will be in the last 2 seasons? Maybe Helen Mirren?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter