The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want to stay here 4 nights next year for my sons 18th birthday as 5 of us we would need 2 rooms when will they put rates for next summer up can i get package with park tickets as well any info thank you:cool1:

Just booked this past weekend a Memorial Day week trip to AKL. I've done no advance planning and I have some really idiotic, first-timer questions.

1. If we're staying at AKL, can we also use the pool at Kidani? I had seen on the infamous pool-hopping FAQ that it is allowed, but want to verify before we make a faux-pas. If we can get to Kidani, do we walk or is there a bus we should take?

2. Is there enough to do at the resort for a day and a half there (basically a full day on arrival and a half-day on departure) with a 3 and 6-year old? Does anyone have info on the schedule of activities or an activity we should not miss?

3. Drive or take the bus to/from MK? To/from Epcot? How frequently do the buses come?

4. Room service reviews/opinions/recommendations for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

5. We have had dinner at Boma and lunch at Sanaa in the past, but never at Jiko. We're planning a date night there without the kids, but would you recommend going there with the kids (on another night)? My kids are fairly good eaters and have been in other signatures/long meals in the past (e.g., Cali Grill, Narcoossee's), but I've heard Jiko is kind of quiet, and more of an "adult" Signature.

6. And finally, (sorry for the longest question post on this thread). I saw on this site:
http://www.aklresort.com/content/room-service that you can order room service at the Maji Pool bar. Are they still doing this? Can you order room service at the Uzima pool?

TIA :goodvibes

just found out we are at kidani, not jambo, for our upcoming 1 bedroom stay, and im kinda disappointed.

what do you guys think? is kidani ok?

Just booked this past weekend a Memorial Day week trip to AKL. I've done no advance planning and I have some really idiotic, first-timer questions.

1. If we're staying at AKL, can we also use the pool at Kidani? I had seen on the infamous pool-hopping FAQ that it is allowed, but want to verify before we make a faux-pas. If we can get to Kidani, do we walk or is there a bus we should take?

2. Is there enough to do at the resort for a day and a half there (basically a full day on arrival and a half-day on departure) with a 3 and 6-year old? Does anyone have info on the schedule of activities or an activity we should not miss?

3. Drive or take the bus to/from MK? To/from Epcot? How frequently do the buses come?

4. Room service reviews/opinions/recommendations for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

5. We have had dinner at Boma and lunch at Sanaa in the past, but never at Jiko. We're planning a date night there without the kids, but would you recommend going there with the kids (on another night)? My kids are fairly good eaters and have been in other signatures/long meals in the past (e.g., Cali Grill, Narcoossee's), but I've heard Jiko is kind of quiet, and more of an "adult" Signature.

6. And finally, (sorry for the longest question post on this thread). I saw on this site:
http://www.aklresort.com/content/room-service that you can order room service at the Maji Pool bar. Are they still doing this? Can you order room service at the Uzima pool?

First Congratulations on your trip, and I love AKV

1. Yes, you can use the pool, you can walk or take the shuttle bus there.
2. yes, there is plenty to do.
3. can't answer, we always take the buses, b/c we don't have a car.
4. can't answer, we never order room service
5. wonderful for date night and I think the kids would be fine there, yes, it is quite.
6. have no idea?

just found out we are at kidani, not jambo, for our upcoming 1 bedroom stay, and im kinda disappointed.

We like AKV better than AKL. Not as hectic. The kids like the play area and pool better. The buses stop first at AKV then go to AKL except for the DTD bus.

The only negative is that there is not a quick service restaurant at AKV and that for child care you have to go to AKL. Not that big of a deal though.

Later,
Dan

1. Yes. I normally walk, but, took the bus when visiting while pregnant. There are more buses from Kidani to Jambo, so, I might recommend walking over and taking the bus back.

2. Absolutely! There are activity sheets floating around, check when you check in for the current schedule.

3. I usually recommend the buses unless you are planning multiple stops in the day that would require bus transfers.

4. Haven't ordered room service, but, it looked good when I read the menu.

5. I like Jiko and I particularly like that they offer real food to kids.

6. You could order room service at Maji when I was there in Dec. But, I think at Uzima they assume if you want food you'll go to Mara.

I love Kidani! I'd choose it over Jambo for a 1bdrm.

We love Kidani and would prefer to stay there over Jambo. We like that the 1-bedrooms have an extra bathroom and sleeper chair. This helps so that our kids don't have to share a bed. They really enjoy this perk. Another thing that is great is the pool. We really like it with the slides and splash areas, there is so much to do. You can park right under your hotel at Kidani (another plus if you are renting a car or driving yourself). The only thing that Kidani doesn't have going is the lack of QS, but the Mara at Jambo is so close (short bus ride) that we didn't have any problems.

When we stayed at Jambo we had a room service breakfast. It was pretty good, and the juice from Boma is available, which made me super happy. We ordered the night before and gave a half hour time frame for morning delivery. They sent it up at the beginning of the time frame and called beforehand so we knew they were coming.

Also, I read on the room service menu that you could order off the Jiko menu as room service. So if you don't want to go to the actual restaurant, that's always a good option.

First Congratulations on your trip, and I love AKV

1. Yes, you can use the pool, you can walk or take the shuttle bus there.
2. yes, there is plenty to do.
3. can't answer, we always take the buses, b/c we don't have a car.
4. can't answer, we never order room service
5. wonderful for date night and I think the kids would be fine there, yes, it is quite.
6. have no idea?

Thanks for reading my long post and answering my questions!

1. Yes. I normally walk, but, took the bus when visiting while pregnant. There are more buses from Kidani to Jambo, so, I might recommend walking over and taking the bus back.

2. Absolutely! There are activity sheets floating around, check when you check in for the current schedule.

3. I usually recommend the buses unless you are planning multiple stops in the day that would require bus transfers.

4. Haven't ordered room service, but, it looked good when I read the menu.

5. I like Jiko and I particularly like that they offer real food to kids.

6. You could order room service at Maji when I was there in Dec. But, I think at Uzima they assume if you want food you'll go to Mara.

Great tips, especially the one about walking to Kidani and taking the bus back :thumbsup2

When we stayed at Jambo we had a room service breakfast. It was pretty good, and the juice from Boma is available, which made me super happy. We ordered the night before and gave a half hour time frame for morning delivery. They sent it up at the beginning of the time frame and called beforehand so we knew they were coming.

Also, I read on the room service menu that you could order off the Jiko menu as room service. So if you don't want to go to the actual restaurant, that's always a good option.

Perfect! I was wondering if we could order the night before to have it delivered at a specific time. Also great to hear about Jiko in the room service - that may be a more flexible option for us with the kids! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what happens if there are thunderstorms the morning a Sunrise Safari is scheduled? TIA. :surfweb:

hello! Can you tell me if they sell coffee cream in the store? I'd love to have real cream for my coffee in the morning. What other food for the room do they sell? I apologize if this was already mentioned previously. I'm so excited for our first trip to AKL. Thanks!

Hi everyone.

I am finally at Kidani--- where the internet connection is soooooooo much cheaper than on the Dream. We didn't buy any of the internet packages on the Dream. In fact, I would normally be on my phone using 3G, but DH needs to submit some important work before Hoop Dee Doo. Therefore, my Dis friends get to mooch off his internet time.

I have been trying to check in on the board since I was at the port this morning. But a "nice" customs agent at the end of the line told me to put the phone away/don't get caught using it, or else it would be confiscated. :scared1:
Needless to say I promptly clipped the phone to my hip. Boy did I feel like a grade schooler threatened with detention if I broke the rules. :eek:

Anyways, I will be on the computer tonight to begin my trippie. Gotta go Hoop it up first, though.

Does anyone know if you can order food at the Kidani pool and have it count as your counters service meal if you're on the dining plan? Also, what kind of food do they have if they have any?
Thanks

hello! Can you tell me if they sell coffee cream in the store? I'd love to have real cream for my coffee in the morning. What other food for the room do they sell? I apologize if this was already mentioned previously. I'm so excited for our first trip to AKL. Thanks!

I'll check to see if they sell cream if no one else knows. There is a nice selection in the store. Some frozen goods, bread, meat, eggs, milk, juice. Enough that families staying in villas can make simple meals.

Hi everyone.

I am finally at Kidani--- where the internet connection is soooooooo much cheaper than on the Dream. We didn't buy any of the internet packages on the Dream. In fact, I would normally be on my phone using 3G, but DH needs to submit some important work before Hoop Dee Doo. Therefore, my Dis friends get to mooch off his internet time.

I have been trying to check in on the board since I was at the port this morning. But a "nice" customs agent at the end of the line told me to put the phone away/don't get caught using it, or else it would be confiscated. :scared1:
Needless to say I promptly clipped the phone to my hip. Boy did I feel like a grade schooler threatened with detention if I broke the rules. :eek:

Anyways, I will be on the computer tonight to begin my trippie. Gotta go Hoop it up first, though.

Did you enjoy your cruise? What did you think of the Dream? We went on our very first cruise on the Wonder over New Years and just loved it.

Have fun at Kidani. Isn't the Hoop fun? We took newbies just over a year ago and they had such a blast,

Does anyone know if you can order food at the Kidani pool and have it count as your counters service meal if you're on the dining plan? Also, what kind of food do they have if they have any?
Thanks

Don't know about on the meal plan but I've read they do serve a very limited menu. Sandwich, wrap, salad and chips maybe? On the DDP subforum, you might find more info.

Thanks

When my sister was there last Oct she was able to use CS credits at the pool.

We didn't go to the pool in Dec since it was so cold so we didn't try it.

Another Kadani question-if you are taking Magical Express from MCO will it drop you off right at the Kadani check in area? How long does the trip take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest