The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there...We are going to be renting points and I have a couple of questions. Thanks in advance and sorry if they have been asked already.
1) Are studio rooms available with a queen and bunk beds?
2) If we book a studio by renting will be able to use the kidani pool?

Thanks

thanks everyone! i believe the 1 beds at kidani have an extra bath right?

also, do most people get the dining plan? the price seems really high now - i dont remember it being that high. wondering if its worth it now?

I never use the Dining Plan. For me it just isn't cost effective. I normally use a TIW card that you can buy if you have an AP.

Hi there...We are going to be renting points and I have a couple of questions. Thanks in advance and sorry if they have been asked already.
1) Are studio rooms available with a queen and bunk beds?
2) If we book a studio by renting will be able to use the kidani pool?

Thanks

No, the studios at all DVC resorts except for OKW, have 1 Queen bed and a sofa that pulls out into a full size bed. (OKW studios ahve 2 beds I beleive)

Yes, you can use the Kidani pool if you are staying at either Jambo House or Kidani.

We tried Boma for breakfast this past time and it was wonderfull! We have eaten at Sanna and the food was good and were right next to the window. The desserts were not that great but the breads which are not on the dinning plan we wonderful. I would have been happy with some Zebra Domes! Will we eat here again? Maybe

In December we stayed at AKL and I ate breakfast at Boma twice. I loved their made to order omelet station and enjoyed the wide variety of other things such as fruits, meats, pastries, breads and other items that I was able to select to go with my omelet. You've got to try it at least once since you are staying right there.

We ate dinner at Jiko as the ending to our Wanyama Safari. While we had a set multi course dinner I liked everything served so I'm sure I'd be happy ordering off their menu for a regular dinner there.

We didn't get over to Sanaa but have heard only superlative things about the setting with the large windows overlooking the Sunset savanna and the majority of food reviews are also favorable. Their menu does lean more closely to Indian food so if you like that cuisine you're sure to enjoy Sanaa.

In December we stayed at AKL and I ate breakfast at Boma twice. I loved their made to order omelet station and enjoyed the wide variety of other things such as fruits, meats, pastries, breads and other items that I was able to select to go with my omelet. You've got to try it at least once since you are staying right there.

We ate dinner at Jiko as the ending to our Wanyama Safari. While we had a set multi course dinner I liked everything served so I'm sure I'd be happy ordering off their menu for a regular dinner there.

We didn't get over to Sanaa but have heard only superlative things about the setting with the large windows overlooking the Sunset savanna and the majority of food reviews are also favorable. Their menu does lean more closely to Indian food so if you like that cuisine you're sure to enjoy Sanaa.

Hi Kathy!!! how is your DH doing??? hope all is well! we are getting really excited for our trip, only 15 days until we leave!!!

I have a question about savannah view. If I want a savannah view on zebra trail, do I need to book an Arusha view room?
If I only book a savannah view, does that mean it will be on ostrich trail?
Just trying to clarify which trail is w/which view.

Hi Kathy!!! how is your DH doing??? hope all is well! we are getting really excited for our trip, only 15 days until we leave!!!

Thanks for asking, Lisa. DH finally got off the motion sickness medication about the third week of January. Then he was able to have the vestibular testing done. We learned that he never had true vertigo. But he does have a 42% loss of balance function in his left ear only. His body has pretty much learned to compensate for that. He will have surgery next week to remove a portion of his left kidney where small tumors were found last October as part of the work up when he was hospitalized. We feel blessed that even if the tumors are cancer they were found at a very early stage and kidney cancer is one that can be cured by surgery.

I have a question about savannah view. If I want a savannah view on zebra trail, do I need to book an Arusha view room?
If I only book a savannah view, does that mean it will be on ostrich trail?
Just trying to clarify which trail is w/which view.

If you want a savanna view on Zebra Trail it will must likely be looking out onto Uzimi Savanna. Zebra Trail is only a request. A Savanna View room could be on Zebra, Kudu or Ostrich Trail. (Some Ostrich Trail rooms overlook Sunset Savanna.) This is because as of January 2011 Arusha Savanna rooms are a category in themselves (higher cost than the other savanna view rooms.) If you book Arusha Savanna you could be on either Zebra Trail or Kudu Trail. Zebra Trail is a LOT more convienent to Mara and the pool.

Thanks for asking, Lisa. DH finally got off the motion sickness medication about the third week of January. Then he was able to have the vestibular testing done. We learned that he never had true vertigo. But he does have a 42% loss of balance function in his left ear only. His body has pretty much learned to compensate for that. He will have surgery next week to remove a portion of his left kidney where small tumors were found last October as part of the work up when he was hospitalized. We feel blessed that even if the tumors are cancer they were found at a very early stage and kidney cancer is one that can be cured by surgery.

will keep him in our prayers that the surgery goes great! that is lucky they found the tumors early!
if you get a chance, let me know how the surgery goes!:goodvibes:hug:

Another savanna question:

Are concierge rooms facing Arusha savanna? Are they along both Kudu & Zebra Trails? Are they on 4th floor only or also 5th? Where is the club lounge located on the 6 th floor? I am trying to figure out which view we would have w/a concierge room & how far we could be from the lounge.
Thanks!

I am trying to figure out if the concierge rooms on the 4th floor are all along the Kudu & Zebra Trails or are they only in a certain section. Is the lounge in the middle of the 2 trails above the lobby?

Another savanna question:

Are concierge rooms facing Arusha savanna? Are they along both Kudu & Zebra Trails? Are they on 4th floor only or also 5th? Where is the club lounge located on the 6 th floor? I am trying to figure out which view we would have w/a concierge room & how far we could be from the lounge.
Thanks!

The club level rooms are located on the 4th floor. These rooms face the Arusha Savanna and are on both the Kudu and Zebra Trails. These rooms are usually close to the main lobby.

The lounge is on the 6th floor overlooking the lobby. As you enter the AKL, the lounge is located above this area.

Thanks! Sorry for the zillion questions. I want to make sure our room (even though on a diff floor) won't be down at the end of the hallway w/a long walk to the lounge.
I currently have an Arusha savanna view room booked, but I am changing it to a club level room. It's only $60 more!!:)
if a discount code comes out for fall, can I use it on a club level room?

Thanks! Sorry for the zillion questions. I want to make sure our room (even though on a diff floor) won't be down at the end of the hallway w/a long walk to the lounge.
I currently have an Arusha savanna view room booked, but I am changing it to a club level room. It's only $60 more!!:)
if a discount code comes out for fall, can I use it on a club level room?
I just answered your question on the CL thread, but just so everyone here knows, yes, you can definitely use a discount when booking CL and even Deluxe rooms. I always have used a 40% off discount (wouldn't book without it;)).

We have stardard bedroom villa. Thinking of reqesting. Near lobby and pool please. Will this work?:confused: Any other suggestions?:confused3 Thanks.;)

I don't remember where I read it, but there is some sort of child's club/safari thing that only takes place on Saturdays from around 3-5 o'clock? I remember it costs $35. Does anyone know about this? I'm looking at an activity sheet and it's not listed on there. Has your child done/enjoyed it?

TIA!

I noticed that, staying at Jambo house, we are allowed to use the pool at Kidani and DVC members (staying at other resorts) are not. Is it worth the trip over there? What makes it so much better than other pools?

Can anyone confirm if the CL floor 1bedroom suites (non-dvc) so 4th. floor all have a restricted view? I am trying to google it but I am not sure all the information I need is there.

We want to book a 1 bedroom CL savannah view but if they are restricted (the pictures I could find had a thatch roof in them) I will change our room. That leads me to is there a CL savannah room with bunk beds and can teenagers sleep in the bunk beds. I have one boy/one girl, so sharing the pull out wouldn't work.

Thanks for any replies.

Can anyone confirm if the CL floor 1bedroom suites (non-dvc) so 4th. floor all have a restricted view? I am trying to google it but I am not sure all the information I need is there.

We want to book a 1 bedroom CL savannah view but if they are restricted (the pictures I could find had a thatch roof in them) I will change our room. That leads me to is there a CL savannah room with bunk beds and can teenagers sleep in the bunk beds. I have one boy/one girl, so sharing the pull out wouldn't work.

Thanks for any replies.

Don't know anything about the suites.

There are bunk bed CL rooms but those are a request only not a booking category for CL rooms. I have read that they give priority to families with boy/girl teens. They are regular sized twin bunk beds so I'm sure your teens would be fine in them.

I noticed that, staying at Jambo house, we are allowed to use the pool at Kidani and DVC members (staying at other resorts) are not. Is it worth the trip over there? What makes it so much better than other pools?

We think the Kidani pool is the second best on property. It has a great slide and zero entry. The kids water play area is the best on property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter