The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are cruising on the Disney Wonder on 2/28, and will head to WDW afterwards for a few days. This will be our first time staying on-site and my daughter's 6th birthday.

We had a Garden Deluxe Room booked, but I realized it wasn't much more to move to the Tower Theme Park Room, so our TA was able to make that change for us today!

What a magical birthday this will be -- for all of us. We can't wait!

Thanks to everyone here for your contributions & information. We'll be sure to post a report when we get back to Tennessee.

Diane

We are cruising on the Disney Wonder on 2/28, and will head to WDW afterwards for a few days. This will be our first time staying on-site and my daughter's 6th birthday.

We had a Garden Deluxe Room booked, but I realized it wasn't much more to move to the Tower Theme Park Room, so our TA was able to make that change for us today!

Thanks to everyone here for your contributions & information. We'll be sure to post a report when we get back to Tennessee.

Diane
I hope you all have a magical time and I can not wait to read your trip report when you get home.

dfarner said:
Well I just called and got the 14th-I kid you not! What kind of dumb luck is that? Now I have another question. The CM said the room is 473 sq. feet. We'll have two queens because there's 4 of us. Is there a day bed? If not, can I request a roll away? My oldest DD was really looking forward to having her own bed. I know beggars can't be choosers...

Congratulations!! You could always contact IPO about the rollaway. you're paying for club level, so utilize their services- now that you have a reservation number you can email them.
Mary

Diane

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful time and happiest of birthday wishes to your princess!

Mary

We are booked for a Club Level stay which I have assumed is the 12th floor, lake view, but your codes have me wondering.

My package is listed as "Contemporary - HCW", and the hotel line says "Contemporary-Standard-Club".

Does HCW mean I am on the 14th floor?

I am not sure if it's for the 14th floor because Standard Club means the Bay Lake View and that's listed for the 12th floor. So hopefully someone else will be able to find the answer for you.

csaribay would know:thumbsup2

I think I figured it out.

HCW - is the booking code for the buy 4 get 3 free deal we are using.

This makes me more certain that we are on the 12th floor with a Bay Lake View.

Now that I've answered that question, I'm going to have to find some other question or thought to occupy my mind for the next few weeks.

Now that I've answered that question, I'm going to have to find some other question or thought to occupy my mind for the next few weeks.
Well I hope you enjoy the Bay Lake View because it's a very nice view to have.

Do you have all your ADRs?

Oh yeah, I had my ADRs arranged as soon as possible.

Just for the fun of the discussion, here they are...

• Arrival Day 1 - Liberty Tree Tavern for supper
  • Day 2 - Kona Cafe for breakfast, Artist Point for supper
  • Day 3 - Sci-Fi for lunch, California Grill for supper
  • Day 4 - Coral Reef for supper, no ADR for lunch but we are thinking of checking out the Big River Grill and Brewery :drinking1
  • Day 5 - The Wave for supper
  • Day 6 - Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch, House of Blues for supper
  • Day 7 - No ADR, so we will try to get in somewhere or do room service
  • Day 8 - :sad: just the lounge breakfast and then we leave

Mmmm, now we have to go out somewhere for supper because I'm hungry.

Has anyone ever UPS your luggage to the CR? If so how did it work out and what information did you put on the lauggage to make sure you got it? Did you have it arrive a day early or on the same day?

We haven't sent anything, but when we asked the question, recently, about having something shipped to the CR they sent us an e-mail with the following information:

You can ship to the following:
Disney's Contemporary Resort
4600 North World Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Attention: YOUR NAME and ARRIVAL DATE

Has anyone ever UPS your luggage to the CR? If so how did it work out and what information did you put on the lauggage to make sure you got it? Did you have it arrive a day early or on the same day?

Keep in mind that any packages sent via courier (Fedex, UPS, DHL to name a few) will be handled by the Business Center, which will incur a handling fee - even if you pick it up yourself. This is true at all Disney convention resorts. Only US Mail is exempt from these charges as they go directly to the Front Desk.

Just a couple of questions about BLT while I'm thinking about it...we are a cash reservation, 1 bdrm villa. Will we get coffee each day? Also, are there in room safes at BLT? Do we check in at BLT Lobby? I haven't seen any pics of the check-in desk part of the lobby. I think that's all for now. I'm sure there will be more later:surfweb:

We also stayed at BLT on cash reservation, not points. 1br. villa

Yes, you will get coffee every day. You will also get mousekeeping every day. Fresh towels, making the bed, cleaning up kitchen, vacuuming etc.
Safes are in master bedroom closet. Not big enough for laptop. Can fit camera, jewelry, money, ipods, phones etc.
You check in and pretty much do everything else at the CR, not at the towers. When you arrive, you will check in at the CR lobby. Then you go up 2 escalators to the concourse, walk behind the gift shop to a door which will lead you to the skyway. Skyway takes you to BLT.

You must have your KTTW with you at all times. The skyway door is locked as is all outside doors to BLT. You must swipe to get back into the building, not just the room.

Where do we get the coffee?

I am going to BLT in 51 days I can't wait :rotfl2:
The coffee is placed in your room by Mousekeeping. It's for the coffee maker that's in your room:

IMG_2260.jpg

We just cannot decide where to stay! We're booked for the wing standard view. We really don't mind that. But we are celebrating our 10 yr anniv and both dh and I getting our masters. We are thinking about switching to the Poly which is our 1st choice, son (5) really wants to stay at the CR. Or possibly staying in the tower w/ Magic Kingdom view. I just don't know if it's really worth another $600ish dollars to do that. Is it really all that?

We just cannot decide where to stay! We're booked for the wing standard view. We really don't mind that. But we are celebrating our 10 yr anniv and both dh and I getting our masters. We are thinking about switching to the Poly which is our 1st choice, son (5) really wants to stay at the CR. Or possibly staying in the tower w/ Magic Kingdom view. I just don't know if it's really worth another $600ish dollars to do that. Is it really all that?
Well I think the Tower Magic Kingdom View is worth the extra cost, plus it's usually less expensive then the rooms at the Polynesian. However should you decide to keep your current reservation the walk to the Tower is less then 5 minutes and it's a covered walkway, so you won't get wet if it's raining. At the Polynesian their walkways are not covered when going from their Longhouses to the GCH. Plus the Contemporary Garden Wing rooms are the least expensive rooms among the Monorail Resorts.

Well I think the Tower Magic Kingdom View is worth the extra cost, plus it's usually less expensive then the rooms at the Polynesian. However should you decide to keep your current reservation the walk to the Tower is less then 5 minutes and it's a covered walkway, so you won't get wet if it's raining. At the Polynesian their walkways are not covered when going from their Longhouses to the GCH. Plus the Contemporary Garden Wing rooms are the least expensive rooms among the Monorail Resorts.

We have a 40% pin so we are getting great deals. We were able to snag a standard view wing, which our son would love w/ the view of the monorail. A garden wing room would be about $300 more, so about 1/2 the extra cost of the tower. We just are having a hard time not staying at the Poly. But we've always wanted to stay at the CR, for some reason we're just not sure . I think we're being stupid, b/c were going to love it where ever we're at. I just keep thinking, well maybe we could do this, or that. It's never ending w/ Disney. And to think we started out by staying at the Red Roof when we came to Disney. I think we stayed for 9 nights for less than $500! I tell everyone I can help them plan cheap or go big and everything in between.

We have a 40% pin so we are getting great deals. We were able to snag a standard view wing, which our son would love w/ the view of the monorail. A garden wing room would be about $300 more, so about 1/2 the extra cost of the tower. We just are having a hard time not staying at the Poly. But we've always wanted to stay at the CR, for some reason we're just not sure . I think we're being stupid, b/c were going to love it where ever we're at. I just keep thinking, well maybe we could do this, or that. It's never ending w/ Disney. And to think we started out by staying at the Red Roof when we came to Disney. I think we stayed for 9 nights for less than $500! I tell everyone I can help them plan cheap or go big and everything in between.
Well you can always schedule some ADR's at Ohana or the Kona Cafe, plus you can ride the Resort Monorail anytime to the Polynesian to get your fix of it and it sounds like you want to try at the Contemporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest