Super bowl. Andy Reid and Travis Kelse

100% and if I am remembering correctly, it wasn't shown in live time. I only saw it in slow mo replay. So everyone should ask themselves why CBS showed it. Hint: the answer is above.
It's the head coach and one of his players. I'm pretty confident that an incident like that would have been shown regardless of the player. Obviously not in real time - the focus is on the field during the game. There's always a sideline camera, though - usually on the head coach, even in regular season games.

Not sure if said already, but I also say that it's a bit different for a 34 year old NFL tight end to be shoving a 65 year old coach than if he was shoving and yelling at another 30 something NFL teammate. Sort of like a teen yelling and shoving his teen brother for whatever as compared to yelling and shoving his 65 year old grandpa. Maybe that's just me looking at it from another old guy's perspective. A shove like that would have knocked me over, not only a stumble like Reid had.

Not sure if said already, but I also say that it's a bit different for a 34 year old NFL tight end to be shoving a 65 year old coach than if he was shoving and yelling at another 30 something NFL teammate. Sort of like a teen yelling and shoving his teen brother for whatever as compared to yelling and shoving his 65 year old grandpa. Maybe that's just me looking at it from another old guy's perspective. A shove like that would have knocked me over, not only a stumble like Reid had.

I agree. Bottom line a 34 year old man shouldn't shove anyone no matter what the age.

Gotta agree with a previous poster who couldn't imagine this altercation occurring with ANY of the old-school coaches. Sure - go ahead and shove Lombardi, Ditka, Madden, Shula. I would LOVE to see their response. :rotfl:

I would have cared but, you're right none of us probably would have known because the cameras would not have even been on him, I'm guessing.
Pretty sure one (actually two) of the "extra" cameras at a SB are focused on the two head coaches. I doubt they had a camera dedicated to Kelce. To Reid? Sure.

I do think it’s funny that several people are saying it’s never okay to put your hands on somebody….in a game where literally almost everyone’s job is to put your hands on someone, physically overpower them, and knock them down.

I’ve been to many training camp practices and watched Andy Reid grabbing players by the jersey, by the arm, grabbing face masks and screaming in their faces. The type of aggression it takes to face a 275 lb man and wrestle them to the ground isn’t a light switch and if you ever sit behind a bench at a pro game you’re going to see players and coaches screaming at each other, coaches, trainers and bumping against each other.

And to the person wondering about the hierarchy in games and the pecking order- just look at the payscale. Andy makes $12m, Kelce makes $14, Chris Jones who I’ve also seen scream and bump coaches makes $25, and Pat who was screaming at Reid so badly a few games ago and was grabbed by the shoulders by Reid and told to knock it the - off before being pushed in the head makes around $30 with all the different incentive structure. This just isn’t comparable to normal “boss” relationships

Athletes should not be our kid's role models, nor entertainers or politicians or anyone else with an audience. No matter their business they are doing just that ~ performing for their business. What happened was no different than what happens on any given day in that business and neither of those involved are upset, and those two love each other.

Time to remember our children's role models are their parents, their grandparents, good friends - the folks they see day to day and personally know. The folks they know their whole persona and those they can see what they do at work and in life.

People are making harsh judgements about a person they do not know, a person who is like a son to this coach and openly professes his love for him and how he made him the man he is. Who are we to challenge what THEY SAY. I think people need to worry more about the people their children spend their time with, the actions they see every day in real life right in front of them. Use moments like this that bother you to speak to your children about your expectations for their behaviors. Parents are the ones to be models for their children ....

Professional athletes should never be someone's role model. Even those who look all perfect on your television are doing things you would never approve of behind the scenes.

Jason Kelce is now saying his brother "crossed the line" and Travis calls it "unacceptable ".

Looks like Travis is coming to realize it was not a good look.

Last edited:
I do think it’s funny that several people are saying it’s never okay to put your hands on somebody….in a game where literally almost everyone’s job is to put your hands on someone, physically overpower them, and knock them down.
There's no distinction to be made between the actual process of playing the game and physically putting your hands on someone to express your opinion or disagreement?

Aren't there actions that are barred according to the rules of the game in order to prevent traumatic and/or excessive injury where possible? Isn't it a no no to attempt to bring down an opponent by grabbing their face mask or "horsecollaring" them mid-stride by the back of the collar?

There's no distinction to be made between the actual process of playing the game and physically putting your hands on someone to express your opinion or disagreement?

Aren't there actions that are barred according to the rules of the game in order to prevent traumatic and/or excessive injury where possible? Isn't it a no no to attempt to bring down an opponent by grabbing their face mask or "horsecollaring" them mid-stride by the back of the collar?
Kelce is just very lucky Reid doesn't go down and break a hip.

Heat of the moment or not,there is never an excuse to do something that could potentially injure a 65 years old man.

Kelce is just very lucky Reid doesn't go down and break a hip.

Heat of the moment or not,there is never an excuse to do something that could potentially injure a 65 years old man.
It's the same rule we all learned as kids and we all taught our kids, use your words, not your hands. Not rocket science.

He may feel awkward regarding Taylor and her family. I suspect his team (personal team, not football) were desperate for him to attempt to walk it back and explain himself.

Wouldn't be surprised to find out he's been on a white hot list that companies were eager to sign for deals, and the SB win was extra heat and shine. There are potentially a few companies who either decided they're no longer interested in pursuing a relationship with him, or are at least in some reconsideration mode regarding hitching their wagon to a potentially hot-headed star. No doubt plenty of companies are still lined up because winning sells, fame sells.

I read he apologized on a podcast with his brother, who's also a football player. Bet plenty of companies were interested in the two brothers angle. If any known prospects back out on that I'm guessing his brother might have some thoughts he'd like to express to him, possibly urgently and with strong emotion.

First off, I know an awful tragedy happened in KC today at the parade and I am in no means minimizing that.

But did anyone catch TK singing performance? Before the shooting happened, I guess it was a great celebration. There is video of a very drunk Travis singing. He almost fell over and his team mates had to hold him up. Did anyone see the video?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter