Stroller vs Wheelchair

Thank you Bill. My mouth hit the floor when I read that post. And no, I have no other disabilities other than being a para.

Lindsay and Bill, if I remember correctly this is not her own child but that of a friend and she went along to help. The parents refused to bring the child's wheelchair which she only uses at school. While she doesn't agree with what is being done she is will ing to help and the child would not have gone on any rides if she had not gone along as the grandmother(?) feels the child is to large to lift most of the time and is alos overly protective. So pls don't be too hard on the poster as she is not fully in control of the situation.

Thanks Talking Hands I edited my post to add just that. It was late, I had just gotten back and I forgot that I needed to include a little more information. :rolleyes:

This mother was Disney clueless but thats for a different post... :rolleyes1

Have a great day!

Thanks for the clarification Forevryoung. It really is a shame that they seem to be trying to make her dependent. :(

Hugs and pixie dust on over to this young lady. :hug:

Yes, I remembered that Forevryoung was the caregiver, not the mom.
Sad to hear that the trip was kind of "bumpy".
For our own situation, we have not brought DD's power wheelchair yet, which would give her maximum independence, but she has some issues that make her dangerous when she is in her power wheelchair. She can't drive her manual wheelchair long distances, so she does need us to push her in it. She is capable of propelling it short distances and is independent in the house/hotel room.(Plus she VERY CLEARLY lets us know if she doesn't want to go the direction we are going).
I can't imagine putting DD in a situation where she would have no opportunity to move herself. When she was just over 2 years old and looking at her first mobility device, a special needs stroller was suggested. We made the case for getting a wheelchair instead, and even though it was huge and heavy compared with children's chairs you can get now, she learned how to drive it.

Thanks for the clarification Forevryoung :) I had forgotten about that post. Glad you added the note, I was about to put you on my ignore list! LOL!!

LindsayDunn228 said:
Thanks for the clarification Forevryoung :) I had forgotten about that post. Glad you added the note, I was about to put you on my ignore list! LOL!!

:grouphug: I dont want to be ignored. You guys are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter