• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying At VGF Now

They should have a placard by the tub to explain the purge cycle. Our jacuzzi at home is NOT supposed to run without water in it.

They should have a placard by the tub to explain the purge cycle. Our jacuzzi at home is NOT supposed to run without water in it.

These tubs only make bubbles with a blower so the purge cycle is blowing out the water to reduce the mold and mildew in the air channels. On our tub it purged twice.

:earsboy: Bill

Can anyone tell me if the day bed under the living room tv is a full twin size and would fit an adult man?
DD and DGrD2 have decided to join us for our VGF stay in a few weeks since DSinL is away. One of her best friends lives in FL and we want him to join us for 1 night. Wondering if he should bring an aerobed or if he would be reasonably comfortable on the pull down bed for the night. (we booked 1BR)

Can anyone tell me if the day bed under the living room tv is a full twin size and would fit an adult man?
DD and DGrD2 have decided to join us for our VGF stay in a few weeks since DSinL is away. One of her best friends lives in FL and we want him to join us for 1 night. Wondering if he should bring an aerobed or if he would be reasonably comfortable on the pull down bed for the night. (we booked 1BR)

When we toured villa 1116 at VGF, I laid down on the Murphy bed to see if I could fit. I'm 5'11", and you can see in this photo that there was just enough room for me to stretch out on the bed. If I had to sleep on the Murphy bed, I think I could make it work, but it would be tight.

file_zpsf2a09c3f.jpg

Thank you for the pic!!! I sent it to our friend and he can decide for himself - looks like maybe the mattress can be removed and placed on the floor, too. We'll make it work - always room for 1 more to join in the fun.;)

I loved the VGF tub and also found the tv mirror remote difficult to use.

I also thought the iPhone 4 plug in the clock radio in the bedroom was an oversite. they should have gone with the iPhone 5 plug or none at all.

Just completed our stay VGF/BWV.

One noticeable difference between the two resorts is that the linens, towels, and toiletries at VGF are a better quality and the bath towels are larger.

:earsboy: Bill

That would be comparable to the resort linens and glad to see they gave them to DVC also.

I loved the VGF tub and also found the tv mirror remote difficult to use.

I also thought the iPhone 4 plug in the clock radio in the bedroom was an oversite. they should have gone with the iPhone 5 plug or none at all.

I don't have the numbers, but I'm pretty sure there are still MANY more iPhone 4S and below units out in the wild than there are 5, 5C, and 5Ss. Apple is still offering the 4S as their "free" unit with a service contract. Most hotels around the country still have the iHome units with the 32-pin connector as standard.

Having said all that, I agree with you that this will strongly hamper forward compatibility. Two years from now "everyone" will have phones needing the lightning cable, and they will need to switch out the plugs or have adaptors. Very short-sighted for a brand new property.

(Personally my family has 5 Apple devices -- 4 with the new plug, 1 with the old.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter