• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying At VGF Now

Your time estimates from the Villas to the main building seem long. Is the walk over under a covered walkway?

How are the balconies? The model seemed a little tight.

Just for you I will time the walk today. I will take the covered walkway route.

:earsboy: Bill

My impression is that it's the best DVC resort built so far, high end and very expensive to maintain and operate. We should see some really high dues bills for this one. :goodvibes

Have you stayed at either VGC or at Aulani? Though VGF has a few of the newer building items that are currently in vogue my impression is that all 3 of these are high quality.

Your time estimates from the Villas to the main building seem long. Is the walk over under a covered walkway?

How are the balconies? The model seemed a little tight.

Walking from the monorail station to our room using the walkway between VGF and GF took 7 minutes and 38 seconds.

We had a 2bd facing the front of the building last week (top floor). I thought the balcony area was wide having just moved from BCV.

Good to hear about the balconies. We are "porch people" so we really enjoy any balcony at DVC.

We are here now staying in a LV Studio. Love it! But I only have one question. What does the design team have against drawers??? :confused3 They didn't even put one in the kitchenette! LOL!
Nancyprincess:

Here are a couple more thoughts/observations.

The TV behind the mirror is an upscale feature but I see problems. The channel display numbers don't match the guide. Some of the setup options are available if you push the wrong buttons on the remote. The remote may not be water proof, one drop in the tub and it may need replacement. The picture is not very bright so if you really want to watch it, you need to turn the bathroom lights off.

The soaking tub is very roomy. The shelf needs to be larger, my drink and TV remote barely fit, setting my sandwich plate there was out of the question. :goodvibes
As reported the tub turns itself on after use to purge water from the air channels. It is loud and may catch guests off guard. Expect a couple of purge cycles.

The dishwasher door is heavy due to the attached cabinet panel. It tends to open with little effort.

Based on what my guide explained, the dues for this resort will be one of the lowest due to its size and layout (that being a basic T design), he went on to explain the siding of the building is not vynal and its some long lasting material, and how the roof will not be hard to replace due to the minimalist design (no real dornmers, corners, etc)...Also explained that interior fixes like plumbing, electrical and what not will not be difficult due to the layout (studios , 1 and 2 beds all being isolated together) so allowing easy access to everything.
He made no mention to the appliances...but im sure they either:
A. Purchased a lot of extras and have them stored..cause 10 years down the road the same type of dishwasher will not be available to maintain consistency.
B. Have a contract with Bosch so that when they need a replacement they are only charged the contract price.

He then made an example as to what causes member dues to be so high and he pointed out the obvious, AKLV due to the winding buildings (Curved)..scattered type rooms, etc

My impression is that it's the best DVC resort built so far, high end and very expensive to maintain and operate. We should see some really high dues bills for this one. :goodvibes

Based on what my guide explained, the dues for this resort will be one of the lowest due to its size and layout (that being a basic T design), he went on to explain the siding of the building is not vynal and its some long lasting material, and how the roof will not be hard to replace due to the minimalist design (no real dornmers, corners, etc)...Also explained that interior fixes like plumbing, electrical and what not will not be difficult due to the layout (studios , 1 and 2 beds all being isolated together) so allowing easy access to everything.
He made no mention to the appliances...but im sure they either:
A. Purchased a lot of extras and have them stored..cause 10 years down the road the same type of dishwasher will not be available to maintain consistency.
B. Have a contract with Bosch so that when they need a replacement they are only charged the contract price.

He then made an example as to what causes member dues to be so high and he pointed out the obvious, AKLV due to the winding buildings (Curved)..scattered type rooms, etc

When it comes to what a Guide says about dues, I have learned to be skeptical. Prior DVD executives were fired due to dues issues.

I have confirmed from several CM's here at VGF and GF that they are expected to plus it due to the flag ship status. They could get by with 2 CM's in the lobby at VGF but they have 5. Last night at 8 PM there were 3 in the lobby, 1 out front and 2 bell services CM's. It's not clear if the count will be reduced after the resort sells out. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be catered to but that comes at a price. The GF/VGF noticeably has more people cleaning, and polishing than any other resort we have stayed at.

As far as the appliances, the dish washer which is currently a GE Monogram unit is pretty standard as is the Bosch glass top stove and micro wave. The problem appliances will be the GE Monogram refrigerator and the TV mirror in the bathroom. The air jetted soaking tub might also have problems down the road.

Personally I don't have a problem paying higher dues if the product is kept up, what I do take issue with is paying dues for a room that needs better cleaning and maintenance.

The soaking tub is very roomy. The shelf needs to be larger, my drink and TV remote barely fit, setting my sandwich plate there was out of the question. :goodvibes
]

So funny-have never had dinner in the tub. That would be some soggy bread? :rotfl2:

For anyone staying in a studio who likes to have a nightstand next to the bed... There is only one as seen in the pictures. I found a way around that problem for me. As it was my side of the bed ( of course) that didn't have one, I leaned the closed luggage rack up against the wall and was able to put my book and glasses on it. :thumbsup2 I will take a picture and post it when I get home.
Nancyprincess:

Like other resort rooms, VGF has occupancy sensors in the living room and the bedroom to turn off the unit when people aren't detected, the patio/balcony doors are also wired to turn off the heat/AC if the door is open.

Hmm, does it look like this? I don't remember that last spring. :confused3

GFBridge.png

If they are that full, my guess is another option might help. If they were empty maybe not. But I really think the advantage would be after Wishes.

I was told by a boat driver today that these are boat loading ramps that are just parked here. They are to replace ramps in front of the MK.

I heard they were boat ramps for the Poly. They look more in style with MK than the Poly though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter