Staying At VGF Now

Bill, did you sign up for MBs through MDE? Curious if you did MBs and got backup KTTWs too.

Thanks

Bill, did you sign up for MBs through MDE? Curious if you did MBs and got backup KTTWs too.

Thanks

Received back-up KTTW cards at check in. Some resorts are phasing them out, I expect that they will only be available on request. They are using MB's for everything. The CM's don't want your name anymore at the Front Desk, just tap your band.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for posting all the details! We check in in just 60 days! I'm so excited, GFV look beautiful! I'm sorry if you answered and I missed it, but do you check in at GFV or GF?

Thanks for posting all the details! We check in in just 60 days! I'm so excited, GFV look beautiful! I'm sorry if you answered and I missed it, but do you check in at GFV or GF?

DME at GF, others at VGF til 10 PM then GF, same hours as BLT.

I heard they were boat ramps for the Poly. They look more in style with MK than the Poly though.

Boat driver tonight said that the ramps are for a dock addition at the GF, another rumor per the driver is that they are putting a new dock at VGF, he commented that those DVC people get what ever they want and that they are taking over. :thumbsup2

This afternoon there were construction people working on the ramps.

Boat driver tonight said that the ramps are for a dock addition at the GF, another rumor per the driver is that they are putting a new dock at VGF, he commented that those DVC people get what ever they want and that they are taking over. :thumbsup2

This afternoon there were construction people working on the ramps.

Hmm, have they actually said there are no plans for a walking bridge? Or is he implying they will build it if DVC members want it?

Hmm, have they actually said there are no plans for a walking bridge? Or is he implying they will build it if DVC members want it?

The ramps in the picture are ramps, not a bridge, I have seen them up close enough to verify that.

The boat driver said that one of the rumors was that they were going to double up the dock at the GF, the other rumor was that they will add a second dock over by the VGF building.

He never mentioned the walking path and I didn't ask.

This is probably somewhere, but are there grills, and if so are they near the villas, near a pool, etc? are they gas?

This is probably somewhere, but are there grills, and if so are they near the villas, near a pool, etc? are they gas?

Two gas grills across from the resort on the way to the parking lot. The lobby CM's have the utensils. I don't think the grills have been used yet.

This morning we just booked a two bedroom at 7 months out! Can't wait. Are there jogging/running trails nearby?

Just completed our stay VGF/BWV.

One noticeable difference between the two resorts is that the linens, towels, and toiletries at VGF are a better quality and the bath towels are larger.

We were taken by surprise by the purge cycles on the tub - especially since my daughter took a bath right before bed! Unfortunately, the front desk staff didn't seem to know about it!

It appears housekeeping also put our ice bin in wrong before we checked in. The drawer was ajar and full of water (which fell onto the floor when opened. The freezer below was full of frost. It never did make ice, but we were only there one night.

Just completed our stay VGF/BWV. One noticeable difference between the two resorts is that the linens, towels, and toiletries at VGF are a better quality and the bath towels are larger. :earsboy: Bill

Don't know that that is enough difference to justify the increase in PPP. Just sayin....

Have you stayed at either VGC or at Aulani? Though VGF has a few of the newer building items that are currently in vogue my impression is that all 3 of these are high quality.

I'd like to know this too...if you could compare vgf to vgc and Aulani? I've only been to the latter two of the dvc resorts...

We just returned from a 4 night stay at VGF (standard Studio) on rented points. By far, this was the nicest DVC property that we ever stayed at! We went to Aulani (island view studio) for 7 nights in December 2011, and the VGC resort at Disneyland in May 2013.

During this past visit to WDW we also spent 1 night a BLT and 2 nights at AKV-Kidani. The quality and location of VGF cannot be beat, although VGC remains my favorite resort as I love the close proximity to the parks.

I would agree that the quality and features of VGF are a notch above VGC, BLT and THV (haven't done Aulani yet).

We were taken by surprise by the purge cycles on the tub - especially since my daughter took a bath right before bed! Unfortunately, the front desk staff didn't seem to know about it!

It appears housekeeping also put our ice bin in wrong before we checked in. The drawer was ajar and full of water (which fell onto the floor when opened. The freezer below was full of frost. It never did make ice, but we were only there one night.

We didn't know about the tub either. My son turned it on and we didn't know how to turn it off. It kept coming back on and I kept turning it off. Finally, I called housekeeping and they told me about the purge cycle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter