• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: May 4th, Digital DAS, Galactic Gathering, 5 SWW, 24-hour Day, FSF and a Day at Sea

I spent a long time this morning writing an update, and POOF! My computer decided to restart without warning and none of the draft was saved. So here I go again with another try.

The Food​

Pastries: I got the gluten free and nut free pastries, dh and ds got the regular menu patries. Mine included 2 glazed donuts, a chocolate chocolate chip muffin, and a blueberry muffin.

DSC_0672.jpg

20150510_082003.jpg

Appetizers: Ds and I got the fruit cocktail, dh got the yogurt.

DSC_0687.jpg

20150510_084014.jpg

Beverages: We all got blue milk, a raspberry flavored milk.

20150510_083101.jpg

Entrees: DS got bacon and eggs, and substituted for the breakfast potatoes and sausage he got bacon. For $47 dollars, I expected to see eggs and bacon filling his plate. Not so, he got a small portion of eggs and 3 slices of bacon. Dh and I ordered the beef tenderloin. It was so good. The steak melted in our mouths. There wasn't a piece of fat on it. It was nicely trimmed. We asked for it medium well. It was cooked to perfection. The stuffed tomato was a little too stuffed for my tastes. I ended up scraping some of the stuffing off. DH didn't even know it was a tomato as he ate the whole thing and didn't even taste tomato in it. The bacon and cheddar custard was interesting. Without a bite of the spinach below, it didn't taste as good as when it was combined together. Together is was very tasty.

DSC_0690.jpg

20150510_084514.jpg

Character Interaction​

The character interaction was excellent. The entry picture of Boba Fett and Darth Vader went quick. 1 picture on each camera/phone. As I mentioned in a previous post, check your pictures before you walk away. The picture on dh's phone that the cm took was terribly blurry. On my camera it was fine. Darth Vader and Boba Fett do not sign autographs at the entry.

Inside the restaurant, stormtroopers, jawa, and Greedo make stops at your table. My favorite interaction was with Greedo about who shot first. Ds' favorite was trading my Mother's Day flower for a celebrate button that was decorated with a Mickey.

20150510_080817.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0676.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

DSC_0682.jpg

20150510_084525.jpg

@yulilin3 asked me if there was an autograph card of Fett and Vader. I asked our server and he said he'd ask a manager. He came back with these three!

20150510_090025.jpg

We were excited to see The Force Awakens sneak peak on the screen along with the other clips.

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

20150510_082714.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

20150510_085121-1.jpg

For years, Tony has been our favorite Sci-Fi server. We didn't even request him and got him that morning. He made the experience so much better. His sense of humor is great, he's very attentive. We never had to ask for a refill of drink. He went the extra step and got us those autograph cards. What can I say we love Tony!

DSC_0712.jpg

Up next...JTA

Great update!! DS's plate looked rather empty for that price.

Last week passed by so quickly!

Galactic Gathering was awesome!! So much better than I had anticipated. The chaos of last year's Rebel Rendezvous was gone and this was very well organized.

Legos and Star Wars merchandise are located at the Prop Shop across from Studio Catering. There are huge Legos of Boba Fett, R2-D2, C3PO, and Chewbacca

DSC_0921.jpg

We tried to get into Darth's Mall from the Oaken's Entrance near Mike and Sully. This is now the exit for Darth's Mall and traffic into the mall is a one-way street and traffic out of the mall is a different one-way street. (Tip: If you want to look/shop in the building with LE and collectible merchandise, make that your first stop. If you don't, you have to exit completely and re-enter to get back to the collectibles.)

This way takes you to the entrance of Darth's Mall. There is a photo-op at a giant sign. We saw a film crew standing just inside. They asked us if we minded being filmed taking pictures. We said sure and had to sign release forms for the 3 of us. Then we were given a special Goofy pin to commemorate our filming.

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0934.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

DS is a pro at this. They didn't tell us not to look at the video camera, but he knew not to. I kept sneaking a glance. Nosy me. Dh said he might have peaked a few times too. So not sure if they will use the footage or not?

Once we left them, it was time for registration. They checked our names and compared it to photo id. They forgot to look at my id and just assumed I was with dh and ds who showed their ID. Good thing I was with them. Anybody could have been me that day.

DSC_0948.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/lovethattink/Galactic Gathering/DSC_0951.jpg[/IM

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/lovethattink/Galactic Gathering/DSC_0953.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/lovethattink/Galactic Gathering/DSC_0954.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/lovethattink/Galactic%20Gathering/DSC_0955.jpg

The merchandise section is set up nicely. The scenes and scenery are great. [USER=212594]@The Sunrise Student[/USER] had mentioned that some 501st had a hand in the decorations. The whole set up was great when it was just the event. There was plenty of room. But when we went back on Saturday and Sunday using our Light Speed Pass, it was hard to move around in there. Especially for those that had a shopping basket.

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/lovethattink/Galactic%20Gathering/DSC_0961.jpg

DSC_0962.jpg

This is for @kaoden39 and @khaleesi A Darth Duffy!

DSC_0963.jpg

DSC_0964.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

New this year, green added as a color!

DSC_0971.jpg

DSC_0976.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0978.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0985.jpg

Our Galactic Gathering package got us a Light Speed Pass for all 15 days of SWW. This has proven invaluable. The longest we've waited to get into Darth's Mall was 5 minutes during SWW, while others are waiting over an hour. We also got a Boba Fett stein and a Han Solo popcorn bucket. Both came empty. There were little coupons attached to our lanyards to redeem for a beverage and a box of popcorn. This was so nice to have a snack. Last year, snacks were not included. Neither was a Lightspeed Pass.

There was fun character interaction. The Imperial Officers from May the 4th were out and about with stormtroopers. And Jawas were scavenging for goods and trades. There was another coupon on the lanyard to trade with a jawa. In return for the coupon you were given a jawa button.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

We made friends with the Her Universe crew. Their suggestive sales tactics worked too well on me. DS gave the girls some of the Star Wars soap he made.

DSC_0986.jpg

We got a text that our room was ready. The last thing we did before heading there was to get in line for the Ashley Eckstein M&G. We gave her a picture of Ahsoka from Rebels and a picture we took last year at Rebel Rendezvous to sign. She gave ds some words of wisdom and wrote a phrase she used to remind and inspire herself.

DSC_0751.jpg

P1040946.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter