• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: May 4th, Digital DAS, Galactic Gathering, 5 SWW, 24-hour Day, FSF and a Day at Sea

I believe that I may have seen you last year at Star Wars weekend. I, unfortunately, spent time at First Aid that day. I remember a family coming in and changing ice packs in a vest. I remember thinking that was a very neat invention. I'm sure it's a life saver for your son.

So sorry to hear you spent time at First Aid.

That was probably us. He wouldn't be able to be outside in the heat of the day without it.

He loved how cold it was here this winter. He was able to go to the parks without a cooling vest or wheelchair most of Feb and March.

I always pack too much. Hoping to pack the bare minimum this time. Staying 4 nights. But lots of back and forth this weekend as ds has two shows, one Thursday night and one Friday night.

I'm thankful for the new check in process where you don't have to go to your resort first as we may run out of time to get there.

Plan right now is use new check in, and head straight to GG on Thursday. Chances are that I'll buy shirts/skirts/dress at the Her Universe area, so I really don't have to pack much for myself, unless I don't buy any there.

Waiting on arrival of 2 Chewbacca shirts, one for ds and dh. Making wookie hats for them. One done, one to go.

20150508_2112031.jpg

They have the Rebel Disney bounding outfits they wore for May the 4th. So that takes care of 2 days of clothes.

Dh got his first 501st baseball cap in the mail yesterday. He was happy about that. Today he is going to his first event type thing.

I need to find a cooler bag big enough to fit ds' ice packs in for transport.

I'm making pictures and picture frames for the instructors of ds' show. He's going over his lines and blocking this weekend. And making soap.

Last night he made black cherry scented Millennium Falcon and Vader soaps. Ran out of black dye in the process, so instead of black Vader soap, it's an odd shade of gray. The MF soap is nicely colored.

20150509_0840451.jpg

Last edited:

The hats are amazing!

And OMG the soaps-so COOL!!!!

Thanks! Most of the soaps he makes are done in ice cube molds.

My dh never knew he had a creative bone in him till recently. The Olaf hats he made for FSF are my favorite.

Millenium Falcon soap? OK...I already thought your fam was uber cool...now you're just getting crazy cool!! Awesome!!

Millenium Falcon soap? OK...I already thought your fam was uber cool...now you're just getting crazy cool!! Awesome!!

Lol. Over the years we've collected many ice cube molds, soap molds, Jell-O molds. Ran or of black dye, so it looks like stormtroopers will be next soap made.

I crochet R2-D2 hats. But those are way too hot for sww! Maybe they'll work on our cruise?

How on earth did Cracker Barrel for breakfast turn tables like this?! All I wanted for Mother's Day was blueberry pancakes with the strawberries and powdered sugar topping. Tables turned. An ADR showed up for the Galactic Breakfast, and dh said book it. So tomorrow we are off to Dhs for the Star Wars breakfast, Frozen Sing-along, Star Tours and the Great Movie Ride!

How on earth did Cracker Barrel for breakfast turn tables like this?! All I wanted for Mother's Day was blueberry pancakes with the strawberries and powdered sugar topping. Tables turned. An ADR showed up for the Galactic Breakfast, and dh said book it. So tomorrow we are off to Dhs for the Star Wars breakfast, Frozen Sing-along, Star Tours and the Great Movie Ride!
Wow that sounds like FUN!! We are going to see Age of Ultron tomorrow-hoping to see Force Awakens trailer on big screen. Then we are going to tell kids we are going to SWW this year. That is my mom's day gift to me-I am bursting to tell them and get them excited to go.
Happy Mother's day (early:))

Wow that sounds like FUN!! We are going to see Age of Ultron tomorrow-hoping to see Force Awakens trailer on big screen. Then we are going to tell kids we are going to SWW this year. That is my mom's day gift to me-I am bursting to tell them and get them excited to go.

That sounds like a great plan! Happy Mother's Day!

Sounds like a great way to spend Mothers Day!! Happy Mothers Day!!

Off to the Galactic Breakfast. The guys are in their Chewie and I'm wearing the Her Universe Han Solo dress.

I gained so much weight over winter. Got chafed legs the last time I wore a skirt to the park. So today I have shorts on too and am 10 pounds lighter than a few months ago. Not going to make my goal weight by SWW, but maybe by FSF?

Happy Mother's Day!! Enjoy the breakfast and great movie ride! I'm curious to know what has changed since TCM is the sponsor now.

That is such a cool plan!!! What a fun surprise!! (y)

I have been following your SWW trip reports for a couple of years now. Enjoying this one already.
We are going to be at three of the five weekends. I cannot wait! Saturday cannot come soon enough!!

I have been following your SWW trip reports for a couple of years now. Enjoying this one already.
We are going to be at three of the five weekends. I cannot wait! Saturday cannot come soon enough!!

Thanks!

3 out of 5, that's awesome! ! If you see us please say hi and introduce yourself!

I will!

We are semi-local. Right now we live about an hour away.
We are moving in June/July and will soon be only 40 minutes away!

We had a really fun day today. DS is exhausted and took a long nap once we got home. I'm going to need to re-think my days for SWW because I have ADRs and FP+ lasting most of the day.

We arrived to DHS and our ADR was for before the park opened. We had never done this before at DHS and I wasn't sure how it worked. @merbobear and @jtowntoflorida were right about finding a line to the left for early dining. We arrived around 7:45am for an 8:20 ADR. Here's how the process went...

1. There were 2 lines. One for H&V and one for Sci-Fi.

2. A cm checked you in BEFORE you went into the park.

3. Once inside the park, there were cm with signs showing you which direction to travel.

Since it was Mother's Day, there was a cm handing out flowers to all the moms. Very sweet. And this flower came in handy. We FORGOT to bring something to trade with the Jawas!!! I even had glow stick bracelets and little Star Wars Fighter Pods packages. Forgot them at home!! I told DS he could try to trade my flower with them.

See the signs at the entrance?

DSC_0647.jpg

Flowers

DSC_0648.jpg

Event stage and cm with directional signs

DSC_0652.jpg

Roped off where they don't want you to go

DSC_0653.jpg

Word of warning!!!! Check your pictures BEFORE you leave Vader and Fett!! The cm take 1 picture of you. Make sure it's a good one. I'm so thankful the cm agreed to taking one with my camera and one with dh's phone. This is the picture from dh's phone.

20150510_080817.jpg

This is the picture from my camera.

DSC_0654.jpg

And I took one of just ds

DSC_0658.jpg

We were seated right away. Our server gave us glow light sabers and said he'd be right back. I'd know that voice anywhere!! It was our favorite Sci-Fi server Tony!! He's been there forever! Best server we have ever had at Sci-Fi. Was odd to not see him on skates though.

DSC_0661.jpg

Since I have a tree nut allergy, I was given a separate menu.

DSC_0663.jpg

P1040937.jpg

P1040938.jpg

P1040939.jpg

Up next, the food, fun, and characters

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter