Star Wars: May 4th, Digital DAS, Galactic Gathering, 5 SWW, 24-hour Day, FSF and a Day at Sea

The stage is set up and the new palm trees and courtyard area is also still there. I'm curious as to how the cars for SWW will all fit? @yulilin3 what do you think?

P1040852.jpg

P1040910.jpg

P1040911.jpg

I'm sorry the MB stuff didn't work smoothly. Hopefully they will get everything worked out quickly.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We just found out about the May 14th event yesterday. My Star Wars friend was really bummed that he was too late...although at the time he was still unemployed and would not have been able to afford it. But we are learning a lot this year, and there will be more trips to come I am sure!

can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Lynn

I'm sorry the MB stuff didn't work smoothly. Hopefully they will get everything worked out quickly.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We just found out about the May 14th event yesterday. My Star Wars friend was really bummed that he was too late...although at the time he was still unemployed and would not have been able to afford it. But we are learning a lot this year, and there will be more trips to come I am sure!

can't wait to read all about your adventures!

It's not too late for your friend to register for GG. Unfortunately, it is too late to pre-order the merchandise.

I sent an email to guest services today about the DAS stuff not working right.

Thanks for joining in!

Great report! We will be there the last SWW so this report should be fun to follow and see what all the hype is about! Thanks for doing this :)

It sure is...but we aren't planning on doing anything special...just want to get a feel for what it's like so we can plan for it in the future. We will be in HS on June 12th...so I'm still looking for an activity my boys and I can do...but the trip is really for my daughter's sweet 16! However, couldn't pass up a chance to see what all the hype is about! Any recommendations for that day?

It sure is...but we aren't planning on doing anything special...just want to get a feel for what it's like so we can plan for it in the future. We will be in HS on June 12th...so I'm still looking for an activity my boys and I can do...but the trip is really for my daughter's sweet 16! However, couldn't pass up a chance to see what all the hype is about! Any recommendations for that day?

How old are your boys?

I'd recommend booking a FP for one of the Star Wars shows. Catch the parade, it's at 11. If you don't care about all the hype, you can catch part of the parade between Sounds Dangerous and the Backlot Express Restaurant. Only the 501st and the Rebel Legion march past this area, but it's still pretty cool. If you want to see the celebrities during the parade, then I'd suggest finding a spot an hour or more in advance. Big names will be there that weekend. Frank Oz, Ray Park, Peter Mayhew, James Arnold Taylor, Taylor Gray and Ashley Eckstein.

Joining in! We will be there May 31st for our 1st SWW. We are like PP, not looking to see anything in particular, but would love to see the parade. Will definitely try to find a spot early. We have another HS day on May 28th to do rides and such. Also, we have the Jedi Mickey dinner ADR for that day. Kids are starting to really get into SW so we are excited!! :dance3:

How old are your boys?

I'd recommend booking a FP for one of the Star Wars shows. Catch the parade, it's at 11. If you don't care about all the hype, you can catch part of the parade between Sounds Dangerous and the Backlot Express Restaurant. Only the 501st and the Rebel Legion march past this area, but it's still pretty cool. If you want to see the celebrities during the parade, then I'd suggest finding a spot an hour or more in advance. Big names will be there that weekend. Frank Oz, Ray Park, Peter Mayhew, James Arnold Taylor, Taylor Gray and Ashley Eckstein.

They are 13 and 10. Looks like we can squeeze the parade in and get there early. I'll check what other fast passes are available. Looks like Yoda and Chewbacca will be there then! Cool! Thanks for the info!! You rock!

Yes, he really wanted to get some of the special merchandise...maybe next year! :)

There should still be plenty of merchandise inside Darth's Mall. Some of the limited edition stuff, may sell out though.

Joining in! We will be there May 31st for our 1st SWW. We are like PP, not looking to see anything in particular, but would love to see the parade. Will definitely try to find a spot early. We have another HS day on May 28th to do rides and such. Also, we have the Jedi Mickey dinner ADR for that day. Kids are starting to really get into SW so we are excited!! :dance3:

Welcome! Sounds like a great plan. We are bursting at the seams with excitement!

They are 13 and 10. Looks like we can squeeze the parade in and get there early. I'll check what other fast passes are available. Looks like Yoda and Chewbacca will be there then! Cool! Thanks for the info!! You rock!

So too old for JTA. The parade would be good. Yes, a FP+ for Conversation with Frank Oz will get you seeing Yoda, and Stars of the Saga will get you seeing Chewbacca.

New project to start. We ordered Chewbacca "body" t-shirts. Now we have to come up with a way to decorate a baseball cap as a tribute to Chewbacca. Time crunch as I have a zillion things to do, several appointments for ds, theater practice 2 nights this week, and 5 nights next week. Pllus all the school work. We even have to leave GG and the first day of SWW to head back to the theater for ds' shows. Once they are over, things should calm down and focus will be on SWW and finishing ds school work.

My oldest son is already a padowan! Got picked at JTA in Disneyland a few years ago! Just booked a FP+ for stars of the saga. The imperial trooper pre show looks awesome! Thanks for the tips! I wouldn't have known about the shows otherwise! Gracias!

My oldest son is already a padowan! Got picked at JTA in Disneyland a few years ago! Just booked a FP+ for stars of the saga. The imperial trooper pre show looks awesome! Thanks for the tips! I wouldn't have known about the shows otherwise! Gracias!

If you aren't already following the 2015 SWW tips tgread, I suggest you check out the first post. Has all the info you need! http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-star-wars-weekends-thread-tips-and-tricks-2015.3324422/

Got two packages this week. The other day, ds' new cooling vest arrived! Big difference between the two. The new one's cooling packs are nearly twice as big! So twice the cool. Only downside, is the zipper is hard to work. He can't zip and unzip himself.

20150508_122947.jpg

20150508_123057.jpg

Today the 24 Hour Olaf, color changing, shirt arrived!!

20150508_124354.jpg

20150508_124431.jpg

Last edited:
That's too bad about the zipper but wow the ice packs are definitely much more efficient. Cute t-shirt!

I believe that I may have seen you last year at Star Wars weekend. I, unfortunately, spent time at First Aid that day. I remember a family coming in and changing ice packs in a vest. I remember thinking that was a very neat invention. I'm sure it's a life saver for your son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter