SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

How long (on average) is the bus ride from SSR to MK...to Epcot? I just read it can take up to 45 minutes because this resort is farthest from the parks. Thank you!
On the contrary, This resort is one of the closest resorts to EPCOT...
When leaving the resort, I'm going to say its about 7 mins...to get there....EPCOT Is actually the shortest of all the 4 parks, then HS. then MK then AK

Maybe 10 mins to HS, 13-15 or so to MK and about 17 or so to AK....Mind you this is from when you leave the resort.

Also FWIW. I've stayed in the Grandstand twice, & the Paddock section once,& we've always caught the bus at the Last stop(Near SPRINGS SECTION) to head to the parks...We've never had it where we had to wait for a second bus...But the beauty of the grandstand was, upon returning we can get off at that 1st stop...Best of both worlds.

Trying to decide what to request for our May trip. We are usually at BCV when we stay on points so I have little clue as to how far apart things actually are at SSR (and I've gone cross-eyed looking at maps, and reading threads).

Originally I was going to request the Springs area (that pool would work better for our toddler because of the splash pad, and it's closer to Artist Palette). My concern is that it's the last bus stop and I'm seeing above that it's not uncommon for busses to skip the last 2 stops (Congress Park or the Springs where we will be- all that's available for our stay are preferred rooms). This would mean either cramming ourselves (with toddler and umbrella stroller) onto nearly full busses in the morning or possibly having a full bus pull right by us and waiting for another one (which then might also pull up nearly full or pass by us entirely).

Sooooo . . . do we request Congress Park with the hopes that being the 4th stop instead of the last stop will be to our advantage? Is the walk from the Springs area to another (earlier) bus stop prohibitive? How much of a walk is it from Congress Park to the Springs pool?

I can’t answer your specific questions, as I was at Carousel during my trip last week. But the few times I tried to catch the bus at The Springs location I was extremely frustrated by the wait. This resort is huge! Beautiful but huge. We ended up using Minnie Van when we had to be somewhere or when we just wanted to get back to the room.

Also.... I had a morning brunch reservation at Raglan Road. I went to boat dock... boat doesn’t run until 10am. Reservation is for 9:45. I went to bus stop. The bus guide said under “Disney Springs” to “use boat transportation”. In other words, no bus was running to Disney Springs. I went into Carriage House to speak to CM, thinking I’m just a newbie and I’m misunderstanding. But, no. Per CM, only way to get to DS would be walk or Uber/lyft. I had time, and didn’t mind, so I walked. It was a beautiful cool morning. But something to be aware of if you’re planning being at DS before the boats start running.

Also.... I had a morning brunch reservation at Raglan Road. I went to boat dock... boat doesn’t run until 10am. Reservation is for 9:45. I went to bus stop. The bus guide said under “Disney Springs” to “use boat transportation”. In other words, no bus was running to Disney Springs. I went into Carriage House to speak to CM, thinking I’m just a newbie and I’m misunderstanding. But, no. Per CM, only way to get to DS would be walk or Uber/lyft. I had time, and didn’t mind, so I walked. It was a beautiful cool morning. But something to be aware of if you’re planning being at DS before the boats start running.
Oh no! Over the years and many trips I’ve become used to the transportation runaround. We have plans for dinner 1 night at Disney Springs (which is why I’m less worried about the walk there than I am about the walk to a bus stop or pool if that makes sense of my insanity).

Oh no! Over the years and many trips I’ve become used to the transportation runaround. We have plans for dinner 1 night at Disney Springs (which is why I’m less worried about the walk there than I am about the walk to a bus stop or pool if that makes sense of my insanity).

I totally get it!

We will be staying at SSR for the first time . I have booked a standard view studio for myself DS 17 and DS11 . I have requested Paddock because it looks closest to Disney Springs as far as walking and I am just wondering if I made the right choice? Thank you!!

My husband and I are heading out in early April for a trip sans children (first time without them!). We are staying in a studio (also a change for us, we usually stay in 1bdrm or 2bdrm villas). Saratoga is our home resort and we've been members for over 10 years so I am pretty familiar with the resort. I'm going to request Grandstand as that is our preferred section. My question is: Has anyone ever requested specific buildings in the section you want? If so, how did you note it?

I was thinking of saying Grandstand, upper floor, Rooms 8101-8436 or 8501-8836 but wasn't sure if it would be better to just request a specific room number. I don't overly care which specific room, I just want an upper floor in those two buildings.

Thanks in advance for your help!

My husband and I are heading out in early April for a trip sans children (first time without them!). We are staying in a studio (also a change for us, we usually stay in 1bdrm or 2bdrm villas). Saratoga is our home resort and we've been members for over 10 years so I am pretty familiar with the resort. I'm going to request Grandstand as that is our preferred section. My question is: Has anyone ever requested specific buildings in the section you want? If so, how did you note it?

I was thinking of saying Grandstand, upper floor, Rooms 8101-8436 or 8501-8836 but wasn't sure if it would be better to just request a specific room number. I don't overly care which specific room, I just want an upper floor in those two buildings.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last fall we stayed in building 16 that’s rooms 8501-8836. It was a great location. We had a 2 bedroom on the 4th floor.

We will be staying at SSR for the first time . I have booked a standard view studio for myself DS 17 and DS11 . I have requested Paddock because it looks closest to Disney Springs as far as walking and I am just wondering if I made the right choice? Thank you!!

Yes paddock has the shortest walk for standard view. I would ask for a room in building 12 with rooms 6501-6836. This building will the shortest walk of the paddock. Two years ago we were staying in a preferred room and requested Congress Park and then added room for our DD 29 last minute. The only rooms left were standard view. We asked them to try to get as close as possible she was put in building 12 and was a short walk to us in Congress Park.

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Map_of_Saratoga_Springs_Resort/2I5rtwRv5F

Last edited:
Does SSR have internal or external hallways? We will be in a studio. Thanks for clarifying!
External, but on the ends of the building you will be walking between rooms. The walkways are cement. No carpet like internal hallways.

Last edited:
How badly in need of a rehab are these rooms? Currently booked at AKV but considering a move to SSR. Just don want a worn villa.

When is the rehab scheduled? My trip is December/January 2020

We were at AKV and SSR last week (so very busy). We all felt the ride from AKV was longer than the ride from SSR to every park except AK. It might have been perception, but it felt that way. SSR you have many stops (depending on which stop you are at), but AKV we had to go to Kidani before Jambo every time we came back from the parks. We were in the Springs and did have a full bus once (standing room only as the last stop before the parks), but generally had good bus service. HTH!
Did you have the shampoo bottles on the wall at SSR?

We are thinking about renting a car for a day or 2 while we stay at SSR in May We want to take a drive up north to check out a possible place to relocate :)
Anyway whats the closest location we can pick up a car and how much is parking going to cost us at SSR or a parking garage at DS?
Thanks for any info! Also we are not DVC members, I am sure that makes a difference on charges

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter