Spectacular Star Wars September Exercise Challenge

OK, a slightly unusual situation today, with an increase in 2manypets' goal. But it's not like this challenge is governed by a lot of red tape, so why not? So 2manypets goes from :yoda: to Han Solo Purple (though I'm leaving :yoda: there on the front page as an acknowledgement of an increased goal). kathleen27 and pix13dust also turn Han Solo Purple!:yay::yay::yay:

If you're looking for a bit of entertainment this weekend, search out "George Lucas in Love" on youtube. It's a short film by Joe Nussbaum about George Lucas in film school, suggesting where he may have gotten ideas for Star Wars.

Last edited:
40 minute walk With my son! You read that right! My 14 yo son went on a walk with me But only because I promised to take him out for lunch afterwards! I'll take it :love:
275/1000

It's great that your son consented to be seen in public with you! But isn't your goal this month 500, or have I been calculating incorrectly?o_O (I just declared you Han Solo Purple!)

First of all, thank you all for the happy anniversary wishes!

Second, thanks to @DVCFan1994 for the suggestion to make a new goal. I'm going to up my minutes this month by 750.

So 65 minutes of walking yesterday

1134/1000/1750(new goal)

Wowza! That is a big jump in your goal! Good for you for challenging yourself, but I certainly hope you didn't think I was being pushyo_O I just was thinking you said you felt less motivated, so setting an additional goal might help. Good for you for reaching big.

I made it to my spin class today, got there early to add a few extra minutes to my time. So 66 minutes, brings me to 1201/1200!

Hmm, now since I suggested @2manypets strive for a new goal, I am going to do the same. But I'm not going to make it my minutes here. I've been noticing lately that I'm only hitting my Fitbit goal on days I run. So, I'm going to challenge myself to hit it daily regardless of running, and I'm going to challenge myself to hit 13,000 on days I do run. I will report my minutes here still to help the team total. I'll also report how I'm doing on my Fitbit goal, only to be accountable, I know it won't be tracked in any way.

There's been a lot of articles lately about the detrimental effects of sitting, even amongst people who exercise frequently. One might think an hour of day of exercise is plenty, and it is great. But you lose some benefits when the rest of the day is inactive. That describes me, not necessarily by choice or design, but I think I need to find more ways to get up and move later in the day.

51-minute run. Was hoping to get 8 miles in this morning but overslept a little. Still did what I could.
782/1138

If you're looking for a bit of entertainment this weekend, search out "George Lucas in Love" on youtube. It's a short film by Joe Nussbaum about George Lucas in film school, suggesting where he may have gotten ideas for Star Wars.
Definitely a fun video. I used that as part of a presentation in grad school about Star Wars and fair use. Amused to see it pop up as a reference in here.

Last edited:
Went to a 5K race last night - meant to take it slow-ish but that's didn't happen...

25 minutes running

Then I had a comedy of errors getting my car out of the garage. It was one of those places where you need to pay your ticket before leaving. Of course I didn't know that so the ticket was in my car (on the 5th level of the garage). So up five flights of stairs to get the ticket, and back down to pay.
Then I tried to pay with cash that was in my running belt. The machine wouldn't take the cash. My credit card was in the car. Back up five flights of stairs to get my credit card and back down to pay...again.
Finally got the ticket paid, back up five flights of stairs to the car, get to the exit, and a sign on the reader says, "Insert paid ticket, or ticket and credit card." :lmao:

So I'm going to give myself another 5 minutes of going up and down the stairs.

952/1500

Wowza! That is a big jump in your goal! Good for you for challenging yourself, but I certainly hope you didn't think I was being pushyo_O I just was thinking you said you felt less motivated, so setting an additional goal might help. Good for you for reaching big.

Not pushy at all, I find if I don't have something to strive for, I'll just slack off. I really think you had a wonderful idea and truly appreciate it! I also underestimated my abilities, the scale is showing happy numbers since I started this challenge and that makes me VERY happy.

Yesterday's numbers were 92 minutes walk/jog and a 5 minute Sworkit workout.

1,231/1000/1750

27 minutes yesterday + 30 minutes today

802/1250

I went to the doctor to get my knee checked out yesterday - apparently it's nothing serious, but he did recommend PT. I guess it's a good think that there's nothing wrong, but I feel stupid having gone to the doctor for something that wasn't really serious.

Hmm, now since I suggested @2manypets strive for a new goal, I am going to do the same. But I'm not going to make it my minutes here. I've been noticing lately that I'm only hitting my Fitbit goal on days I run. So, I'm going to challenge myself to hit it daily regardless of running, and I'm going to challenge myself to hit 13,000 on days I do run. I will report my minutes here still to help the team total. I'll also report how I'm doing on my Fitbit goal, only to be accountable, I know it won't be tracked in any way.

There's been a lot of articles lately about the detrimental effects of sitting, even amongst people who exercise frequently. One might think an hour of day of exercise is plenty, and it is great. But you lose some benefits when the rest of the day is inactive. That describes me, not necessarily by choice or design, but I think I need to find more ways to get up and move later in the day.

:thumbsup2 I've been trying to move more during the day as well. My office has a motion-sensor light switch, and sometimes it will turn off while I'm sitting there, which means I haven't moved in at least 30 minutes! Not good!

Finally got the ticket paid, back up five flights of stairs to the car, get to the exit, and a sign on the reader says, "Insert paid ticket, or ticket and credit card." :lmao:

:rotfl2:We've done that as well. And two separate trips definitely deserve the extra five minutes.

27 minutes yesterday + 30 minutes today

I went to the doctor to get my knee checked out yesterday - apparently it's nothing serious, but he did recommend PT. I guess it's a good think that there's nothing wrong, but I feel stupid having gone to the doctor for something that wasn't really serious.

:banana: Much better than going and being told it's bad, or not going and it being bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter