Spectacular Star Wars September Exercise Challenge

I am rather bummed today, I have been fighting a painful foot for about a week and nothing seems to be helping, I have had to skip active walking for about 2 weeks and my active minutes have come from riding my stationary bike. But now even that is becoming more than I can handle right now. The bad thing is I leave next Tuesday to travel to Orlando with so many plans there that require walking long distances and last night I finally realized that I will probably have to rent a scooter to use in order to salvage my trip..........something I never thought I would have to do! I can walk but not for long distances, not with any speed (I am slow enough as it is) and the pain factor is more than I can deal with............and I live in pain each and every day pretty much 24/7! This has defeated me in more ways than I can explain, the tears that have been shed since last night would fill up the old moat in front of the MK castle!

Luckily, I have traveled with family/friends that have had to use a scooter or w/c and I am well versed in the ins and outs of navigating the various parks we will be enjoying. We are staying offsite and have my own vehicle so getting the scooter to the parks will be pretty simple - I can just leave it the vehicle when we are at the condo..........at least I can hope to walk that much with my hiking stick and taking it slow :)

Will this setback slow me down? WELL, realistically if will just a little bit but I am confident that I can do it! I am the crazy person that took a Pooh sized woman to Dolllywood (Pigeon Forge) in the rain, in a w/c with a non-weight bearing cast on her leg and the park is HILLY! And our handicapped room met the MINIMUM standards for ADA accessibility - meaning it was a JOKE of a room and they wouldn't move us to another room, and it was the time of the year that the town was PACKED. BUT we adapted , persevered and still had a great time!

My best friend is traveling with me - we have been thru so much together as we travel, its a blast to look back at some of our experiences and it only makes us laugh now! So I feel sure that next time this year as we plan our fall trip together we will laugh about all of this! Usually its ME helping her thru injuries/surgeries and being "mobility challanged" so I guess this trip the tables are turned..............luckily she is the most wonderful, understanding friend a person could ever have and she is up to the adventure:flower1: Heck, I spent most of a year planning the trip, making reservations, getting her flight arranged, planning ADR's...........and changing them, adding more of them, subtracting them etc.................so now I can depend on her for a little help and patience for sure, I am a very independent person and hate to ask for help!

There is only one major thing that she won't do.............the money aspect of our trips LOL, this is a woman that won't even balance her checkbook, she says she justs knows there is money in there! When we plan a trip she tells me where she would like to go and then asks me how much money I want from her. We have a savings account together that we put money in every 2 weeks so our trips are always paid for in advance!

I have planned some surprises for her on the trip just because she deserves it but now they will be very special because this whole situation will impact both of us so much! She is spoiled and she freely admits it :D

Now that everyone has read the condensed version of a huge novel...............have a great day and keep up the awesome jobs everyone! I am going to meet my goal if it kills me - I am less than 100 minutes away from it and although it hurts to ride...........I AM GOING TO FINISH what I started:moped:.............Sincerely, Scooter SCDAK

@scdak :flower3: You have a great friendship. Ice is your friend, keep the swelling down or stave it off. I freeze soap bar size blocks that I make from a old plastic candy tray or my large LEGO mold. When I am real wimpy with the ice, I soak in a hot tub while I run ice on knee, shin etc. whatever the focus.
Use the ice machines on vacation! Bag it up, mold to knee, Saran Wrap it on and wrap a towel around it. I pack a couple tea towels from home, so I don't freezer burn myself, I have that layer on skin. Great attitude, soon you we be celebrating Happy Walt Disney World!:mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

To those who are struggling with their numbers: it's ok. This is supposed to be a motivating challenge, not something that you feel guilty about or overwhelmed by. Things happen, even with the best intentions. Maybe your new goal this month is to make 50%, or 60%, or whatever of your original goal. That's ok. Be as kind to yourself as you would to a friend. And remember that whatever you can do still is better than doing nothing.
To those who are struggling with their health: I wish you much pixiedust:pixiedust: and hope you heal and feel stronger very soon!

Three more :rainbow: to announce today! :butterfly

:welcome:

Rattpack
to Han Solo Purple

and LizardQueen8 to Princess Leia Pink

and DVCFan1994 to Darth Vader Red!

Since we're into the third week of the challenge, it seems a good time to take a look at the third Star Wars movie made, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983).

It was made under the code name "Blue Harvest: Horror Beyond Imagination" to try to prevent spoilers and to keep vendors from hiking their prices. At one point when shooting was delayed, cast and crew seriously considered throwing together a script and actually filming "Horror Beyond Imagination" in a few days.

Star Wars Weekends favorite Warwick Davis was only 11 when he played the Ewok Wicket. Kenny Baker was supposed to play Wicket (in addition to R2-D2) and Davis was going to be an extra, but Baker was ill, giving Davis his big break.

In the 1990s, apparently an ILM employee mentioned to a friend that for the special edition they were going to extend the musical number in Jabba's palace. That friend was the brother of Femi Taylor, who was the dancer Oola (the one who got thrown to the Rancor). Taylor's brother said that ILM should contact her because she was in even better shape than she had been 15 years before when they filmed Jedi. Taylor ended being the only cast member from the original movies to reprise her role for the special edition; the special edition scene is a combination of footage from the original shoot and the re-shoot.

@scdak - Don't worry about having to use the scooter! My DH did something to his foot one year right before our trip, and didn't want to use one either. (He was young, afraid people would think he didn't really need it, etc.) But it turned out to be a great trip!

20 minutes for me yesterday (9/17) - 10 walking and 10 mini-trampoline - for 285/600.
Only 15 minutes to purple!!

Good Luck with you appointment @SarahDisney

@2manypets Hope you had a great Anniversary!

@scdak I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain, I hope it starts to feel better. :hug: And Hope you have a great trip!

I'm getting ready to run a local 10K for the second time. Last year my only swag was a COTTON t-shirt. :furious:
Hope its at least a nice t-shirt! I did a 10K like that last year, and will be again in a couple weeks. Have a great race!

Only 11 minutes to report from the last couple of days. Arm/strength workout on Wednesday night.

Really need to get a short run in tonight!!! I have a 5K on Sunday and haven't run since Monday.

472/1000 Total

50 minutes strength training. I was hoping to get in a little yoga later, but an hour of talking to my downstairs neighbor about a break in our sewer line and a possible roof/ac problem later, I'm thinking that won't happen since I'm going to the theater tonight. Have to get in a little extra time tomorrow, I guess. Gosh, adulting is fun.

905/1100

It looks like I won't be getting anywhere near my goal this month. Still sick but getting better each day. Unfortunately I still have very low energy levels. Hoping next week I'll be able to start adding more minutes but I'll probably be lucky to reach 75% of my goal this month.

Great job to everyone who's been doing so well this month!

ETA: Managed to get out this afternoon and take my dog for a 30 minute walk. Really nice early fall weather with temps in the low 70's here so we both enjoyed it. :) Also, despite my trip to WDW last week which included many buffet meals, I have lost about 4 lbs so far this month! Think all the walking we did on our trip helped and of course being sick and not eating much this past week contributed.

500/1200

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter