Southwest to have assigned seating

I wonder how much it's going to cost to pick seats early. And if you don't it says you get an assigned seat a few days before travel. I wonder how they are going to choose? Random throughout the plane or together based on your reservation.

I wonder how much it's going to cost to pick seats early. And if you don't it says you get an assigned seat a few days before travel. I wonder how they are going to choose? Random throughout the plane or together based on your reservation.
Good questions.

the current expectations follow.

Changes Credit card holder benefits TBD

expect 1/3rd of seats on every plane to include extra legroom.

SWA is switching the seats on its 175-person Boeing 737-800 plane for a skinnier seat

Will remove a row of seats on Boeing 737-700 planes.

waiting to receive final certification on its new cabin layouts from the FAS

actual retrofitting is slated to begin in the first quarter of 2025.

SWA also plans to implement larger overhead bins and double its Wi-Fi bandwidth.

If it works as it does on the US legacy airlines, those who don’t choose seats early get what is left. That often is middle seats for full flights. I don’t know at all what SW will do about families with small children.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest