Something About Nothing............ #14

Is everyone ready for cooking tomorrow?
I am all set as turkey is one of my favorite meals.
I could never get tired of turkey.

Since it is just Mr Mac and me, we will finish that bird within 3 days.
He only eats the white meat and I only do the dark meat.

It’s a marriage made in heaven ….

Only sides we do are mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberries
and pumpkin pie.

If any of you want to drop in and join us, come on over!

Good Thursday morning everyone :wave2:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone
IMG_2729.gif

IMG_2730.gif

IMG_2731.gif

IMG_2732.gif

I need to do that to my desk as well! It doesn't take long - it's just getting up and doing it!
I did get upstairs and start the tackle on my desk.

Oh Robo, I'm so sorry about your families sweet dog, Joey. It is so difficult to face that situation when it comes. We had to put our special dog down because he was going blind, had trouble walking, and seemed to have pain in his abdomen when we picked him up. We suspected some cancer in that area. He was not happy anymore, so we did what we had to do. I won't lie. It was extremely difficult for me to do, and I am still not over missing him. He was "my" dog. He picked me to sit with and be with. So, my sympathy goes to your family.
Thank you Ruth. I felt so sorry for son and family. Those sweet little fur babies are so special for sure.

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving with family. We are having 12 people at my son's house. I am bringing the dressing and sweet potatoes. It's such a rush this time of year, even without our trip to Universal on the 27th of November. Busy times.

My sympathies are with you and your family!
Sounds like you are busy making some good food for your family Ruth. I’am sure they love the goodies you make.

My baby sister that was only 48 years old passed away from stage 4 cervical cancer and with only four of us siblings with money being tight are trying to come up with the money to lay her to rest.
So if you homies could say a prayer for us it would be appreciated.
I‘am so sorry to hear of your sisters passing. It is never easy to loose a loved one. Prayers for you and your family.

Robbie, that is sad to hear about the dog. And good luck with transitioning with the boot….
Thank you, Carole

the mr decided he wanted to do Pop vs AS Mu our first two nights to ride the gondola to MGM. :confused3 he usually has zero preference Re travel. maybe the body snatchers got him. Was able to change it online at least. He’s happy, I’m happy.
Good to hear you were able to get a room and make your Misters request come true.

heard the same! one of my kids caught a glimpse of it today and threw a fit, insisting i get it checked.

called derm, not in office today.

family pcp nurse said since it was “surgical”, either original dr or ER had to look at it.

Called my insurance company, they concurred. said i could do tele dr for free first. that was a 2 hour wait.

DH took me to small, local ER.

dr deemed it ”infected wound”.

it’s official, I’m a dirty girl
Good to hear you took your families advice and saw a Doc.

robo will catch this…

I’m allergic to the ‘cillins. Mentioned it to ER doc when he prescribed it. As in true allergic reaction as to breathing issues along with rash, etc.

The druggist flagged it, conferred with er doc. Determination: try it, just keep my epipen nearby jik I need it.

I’m going to be very annoyed if I croak;)
Sadly a lot of Docs go with the fact that only a small percentage of folks who say they are allergic to Penicillin are. That being said the group that have confirmed allergies like yourself to Penicillin are at risk when hard headed Docs won’t listen.

I have read there is a 10% possible cross reaction with Keflex (cephalexin). It is a cephalosporin which is part of the same family with the other cillins.

Keflex is the antibiotic of choice for any skin infections, but there are other alternatives such as erythromycin and clindamycin.

Hope you do ok with no issue and your finger heals up quick.

Anyone else start cooking for holiday today?
Yes, a few things prepped with finishing touches today.

Last night DH and I were talking about Universal. I mentioned taking B for her birthday next year. Unfortunately he won’t be able to go at that time due to work. Dh wants to go back to Universal too. I mentioned fall break, started to say that won’t work because we are planning to go for B’s birthday, then realized what’s to stop us from going in October AND November? B and I both have seasonal passes that will still be good then. I am thinking we do 2 short trips - one with dh and one without.
Sound like a plan for sure. Always good to have a few getaways.

Thankfully it wasn’t a coworker just a client. I don’t understand the need to use so much cologne/perfume. One time a client had on so much perfume that I could smell it as soon as she opened the door. When she was gone I immediately opened the office door to let air in even though it was the middle of winter.
I remember many years ago there was a lady that wore White Ginger perfume when she would come to work out at the YMCA. I could smell her all the way up on the running track. Never understood why folks feel the need to take a bath in perfume or cologne.

Quiet night last night. I got some muffins baked. I also whipped up some higher protein bagels for myself for work - and baked 2 loaves of bread last night. So I was a busy little lady in the kitchen. Tonight - is the gym and to cover the sparkled roots that are showing through :sad2:
Wow…sounds like you are busy in the kitchen.

I dreamt a cat and a tiny dog appeared at our home and I wanted to take them in, but Tom said no…..so of course we ended up with them, but Claire from Modern Family claimed them as hers????? What the heck is that all about…..
Sound like an interesting yet funny dream.

It was a quiet night last night. It was breakfast for supper. NO gym as I started to not feel great and a headache came on quite fast. I went to bed early last night - and woke up early feeling better. So I colored all the sparkles this morning before work. Not sure what tonight has in store - yet :rolleyes1
Hope your headache gets better.

Robo: Hope you and your family are doing well after the passing of your families pet. It's never easy.
Thank you Ruth. Spoke with son yesterday and they are doing ok. I was sorry to hear you had to experience putting down your little dog too.

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I won't be posting until back from vacation, so I haven't fallen off the end of the earth:)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Ruth and a wonderful safe trip to Universal.

Is everyone ready for cooking tomorrow?
I am all set as turkey is one of my favorite meals.
I could never get tired of turkey.
I‘am cooking today too. Mac. Enjoy your Thanksgiving meal.

Son and daughter in law went Monday afternoon and were with little Joey when he went to sleep. We are all remembering him with fond memories.

Been busy past couple of days. Like everyone else trying to be organized for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Decided to order some pies from Restaurant that came highly recommended from a friend. I ordered 4. They had them nicely packaged in bakery boxes. When I checked the pecan pie yesterday evening it was burnt. I had to make another run back to the restaurant which is pretty good run from where I live to take it back and get another one.

Did get a few things done yesterday evening. Son and daughter in law are coming later this morning to help set up a few things.

I watched little J yesterday for an half day. We had a wonderful time. It was cold out and I did take him by the Mall play area so he could run and have fun.

Just put the big bird in oven. The Ham will go in later. Sister is bringing some sides to add to what I’am making, We are having a feast.

Turkey and Dressing
Ham
Mashed Potatoes and gravy
Sweet potato casserole
Veggie casserole
Home made cranberry sauce
Angel eggs
My sister K’s famous cheese ball
Relish tray
Pistachio salad
Fresh fruit tray
Yeast rolls

Cherry, Pecan, Coconut Cream and Lemon Meringue pies.

Looking forward to spending time with our family. There will be 16 of us around the table. I‘am most thankful for such wonderful family. They are a blessing to us.

My wish for you all is that you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Ah with thoughts of delicious meals instead of sugar plum fairies.

Yum, Robo’s spread sounds delicious. And Mac’s offer, so nice. We have both dark and white meat enjoying extended family members, but more enjoy the white meat, so we have a full turkey and an only breast. I’m not a fan of dark meat, but don’t mind cooking a turkey if we have almost all extended family coming. My family, while I think the guys would eat dark meat, I’d only buy a breast.

Robo, oh no, to have to show a burnt ordered pie. Hope you don’t get any traffic and a nice, perfect pie as a replacement. As if you don’t have other to do than that. I hope all taste delicious. The only pies I have bought have been from the big box stores. Most of the time, ours are all home made. Time of year, I love pumpkin pie, and prefer the way my family makes it.

And so, my take to the meal, is some of deserts. So made that requested pumpkin pie, and will pick up some ice cream, on our way, as we all like ice cream with all the deserts. We pass some grocery stores, so will stop in the one near where we get off the highway to turkey meal home. Will bring chips and spinach dip, as we always have snacks before the meal. Ooh so ready for a nice dinner.

Hope all have a most relaxing and delicious meal today, this Thanksgiving Thursday.

2991A093-DB30-458C-8657-35F2B5480A80.jpeg

Pace yourself today, Don’t make any rookie mistakes
90835FB9-8A8D-4BE4-8CB6-FD74B3726901.jpeg
Turkey #2 in oven. The mr is on prep chef duty as I don’t want to chance any possible issue with hand and food.

Wearing gloves when prepping & serving food for last 10 days, getting old. Told not catchy but, need to protect the site from getting contaminated. Whatever, lol, looks like new antibiotics are on track at least

That's the one, but I don't put cheese in it. Mine also has bacon.
How could i forget the bacon! I’m thinking it has raisins ? Could be a different one tho

Reminds me nearly time to fry up the 1-1/2# I need for corn pudding and green beans

Might as well have the mr cut up the celery and onion while he’s at it.

I could get used to having a prep chef
chocolate eclair cake
That sounds amazing. I Make a pudding sort using graham crackers as layers
Angel eggs
Never heard of that either!

Great menu, nobody will go home hungry!
spinach dip,
I had to sample mine last night, after the slice of pumpkin pie. Think I should check it again for breakfast. Have 3 of them, pretty sure the mr will Join me

Carole will surely be enjoying that sumptuous buffet today

the cats are starting to slowly circle mac & her turkey by now. She solves the mystery of what to do with the dark meat!

I stayed up past midnight and snagged 2 of those SWA gift cards at Sam’s. ($500 for $400). Nice to have in our pocket for next year’s travel

Hehe, got that deal at Sam’s too, Keisha. Not hard to spend money on SW airfare. Hope your hand is feeling better. Bet your kitchen smells good. Mine kinda still does, as pie has been out of oven for some time now. And yep, made that dip last night. Just as good after in fridge from last night. I did taste, as like it. Got into the chip bag too. But I have two chip bags, as always make enough for us to keep some of the dip.

Ooh long hot shower, and then heard an annoyed little one. DH is not tech savvy. Little one is his tech support. Let’s just say, she was giving him that what the…. This was at 7:30 this morning. But nary a kid seen since then.

We have an early dinner, but most don’t arrive until the hour or so before. Has been reported, oven is filled with turkey. Ah, maybe some grilled cheese to hold us over. And did run to that favorite coffee shop of little one. Her iced coffee is in the fridge. I know she’ll drink it when she gets up the next time she does. Luckily, all my family gets back to sleep if woken up before the usual get up time. Ah, little one is at least awake. Texted what time we are going. Texted back. I assume won’t actually see her for another couple of hours. Haven’t seen older one yet. Yay lazy day for all four of us.

Happy Thanksgiving! The pie is in the oven and I will be making the squash casserole soon. Dinner is at noon for us.

If any of you want to drop in and join us, come on over!
If I still lived in GA I might be tempted to take you up on that offer.

Turkey and Dressing
Ham
Mashed Potatoes and gravy
Sweet potato casserole
Veggie casserole
Home made cranberry sauce
Angel eggs
My sister K’s famous cheese ball
Relish tray
Pistachio salad
Fresh fruit tray
Yeast rolls
Looks really good. I don’t know everything we will be having, but I know it will all be good.

We have both dark and white meat enjoying extended family members, but more enjoy the white meat, so we have a full turkey and an only breast. I’m not a fan of dark meat, but don’t mind cooking a turkey if we have almost all extended family coming. My family, while I think the guys would eat dark meat, I’d only buy a breast.
I am a white meat person too. I don’t think we will have a whole turkey this year since it will just be 5 of us. I think there will be smoked turkey breast.

How could i forget the bacon! I’m thinking it has raisins ? Could be a different one tho
Sounds like the same one.
That sounds amazing. I Make a pudding sort using graham crackers as layers
That sounds like the chocolate eclair cake. It is graham crackers, vanilla pudding, milk, cool whip, and chocolate frosting.

I stayed up past midnight and snagged 2 of those SWA gift cards at Sam’s. ($500 for $400).
I wish we had SWA close to us. That is a great deal.

Time to start the casserole. Hope everyone has a great day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, good health and safe travels.
Sides starting to get dropped off.
We've got cornbread pudding and two stuffings.
Collards and turnip greens with hamhocks and marrow bones.
A midsize bird and spiral ham.
Our buddy from Brooklyn made ziti and pork sauce.
Chocolate fondue is out with marshmallows, cheese and bananas.
Made a habanero and horseradish sauce with scorpion, ghost and 7 pot pepper heat booster for the greens.
Ta for now😁

Attachments

• xlNx7sLt213zHWshZ4.gif
    xlNx7sLt213zHWshZ4.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • WNJHAGCmwWBbWAmXVW.gif
    WNJHAGCmwWBbWAmXVW.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
  • d31uXDIV0omCqNig.gif
    d31uXDIV0omCqNig.gif
    334.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Grqq2Ml8YrEC4.gif
    Grqq2Ml8YrEC4.gif
    982.5 KB · Views: 1
  • eRn3ekhcNx6xy.gif
    eRn3ekhcNx6xy.gif
    266.1 KB · Views: 0

IMG_3030.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving folks……

Janet….if I could get on a plane for your dinner, I’d be there!!! Sounds amazing as always!

Lazy morning here, did some laundry as we’ve now been away from home 8 nights already!

Looking forward to this afternoon and maybe a lazy evening. No way on earth are we going near those parks today, heard from several folks both are beyond busy, nah will give it a miss today and probably tomorrow.

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you may be doing.

1700761341333.png

I hope everyone has an amazing Turkey day! I do have to say that hearing allllllllllll the amazing meals has me like this
feeling-tasty.gif the good old Homer drool is happening at my desk this morning.

I whipped up a chicken enchilada soup for dinner last night. It was pretty tasty. They even said it would be a make again recipe!!! I call that a win!

I am not sure what is on the menu tonight - but nothing will measure up to the meals you all are having over the next few days!!!!!

Well, off to shuffle some papers.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

So. Much. Food. I think our hosts forgot there would only be 5 people. We had deviled eggs, corn, green beans, pinto beans, 2 kinds of dressing, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, pasta salad, cranberry sauce and dinner rolls. Plus my squash casserole, and broccoli salad. Our hosts roasted a full turkey and smoked a turkey breast. For dessert we had my apple pie and chocolate eclair cake plus a few other types of pie and some cake that I didn’t even look at.

We are now home and dh is watching football. Dolly Parton is performing at halftime. I wish I could look that good when I’m 77.

I always enjoy a turkey dinner.
Kept it basic as it’s just the two of us.

We both like turkey.
My Mac likes white meat and I like the dark meat.

What was left will be made into turkey salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow.

We keep it simple…..

The next holiday will be Christmas and most times we do a red meat for it.

With not having family near us, our meals are simple and it works fine for us.

One son might be able to come visit us in December but he has already asked if we will order out for bbq meals down the streets from us.

That will work for us as we order out for that eatery weekly.

Been two days in a row where our weather has been below from what we are used to.
But it’s tolerable and much better here than Chicago.

I think it is cold here when it’s in the 40’s…
Looking forward to when it will be February as weather here will be just right for me.

We have had snow a couple of times in the past 7 years here.
Schools close down …Most times snow was a dusting only but schools do close if snow is a possibility.
Not much is done with the roads in my area but a spreading of sand on the streets.
Other times some sort of liquid is sprayed on the roads in my hoa so no one skids off the road.
Living on a ridge so it’s the only thing that is done to help prevent accidents on our sections where we are.

Mr Mac just came to tell me he has now had a second slice of pumpkin pie and I need to it hide it as he might need to have another slice of it before he goes to bed tonight.
lol…

Food coma, think I’m finally not as full. Was a wonderful meal, was nice to see all my extended family, all 18 of us along a long table. DH is asleep, I think we had to wake him to say, let’s go home. He went right to bed. The rest of us are enjoying screen viewing, and I think both kids are online gaming. I am that channel surfing, to see what is of interest. Not much on a later night. Then I think I’ll be the next to bed.

DH though around 3 am was the time to get up yesterday, and I said I’m going back to sleep. Did for about an hour, so I’m beat from a long day. The fact he fell asleep not much after we finished dinner, and is asleep now, I’m thinking he’s going to have close to that up time tomorrow morning. Sigh, but since I am in that week day routine day tomorrow, I will be up not much after him, as he’ll be doing the same as me.

Hope all have a most relaxing night. Light is on, as no stubbed toes for Mr. Mac, as can then have that last slice of pie.

bobbi, i am happy to see you here!

would like to connect with you and you and husband again next time I am in the park

33AF3E81-DCA4-41A2-8C91-F24F640CC2B6.jpeg

Nice to hear of all the Thanksgiving gatherings

I sent all home with Amazon boxes (gotta do something with them) of leftovers. Will
Send a plate to ex-MIL today. She called my son and requested as dinner at her daughters was ahem lacking lol

Waiting to log into swa for flight check in, then packing. Hate waiting till day prior

Was told the sweet taters were great (my secret ingredient in any is a touch of Jim beam)

00863631-4897-4A90-BF6C-DDE10D7FB97C.jpeg

Oldest DS favorite side dish, no bourbon but lots of bacon. Along with the corn pudding that is ridiculously easy
B322561F-894E-41F1-B526-2D8D4251BDA0.jpeg

View attachment 813038

Nice to hear of all the Thanksgiving gatherings

I sent all home with Amazon boxes (gotta do something with them) of leftovers. Will
Send a plate to ex-MIL today. She called my son and requested as dinner at her daughters was ahem lacking lol

Waiting to log into swa for flight check in, then packing. Hate waiting till day prior

Was told the sweet taters were great (my secret ingredient in any is a touch of Jim beam)

View attachment 813042

Oldest DS favorite side dish, no bourbon but lots of bacon. Along with the corn pudding that is ridiculously easy
View attachment 813044

Looks fabulous Janet, I could eat that easily!

I discovered I do indeed like sweet potato salad….I've avoided it for years but tried it in the Club Lounge last night! Even took some away with me. Chef is going to write down the dressing recipe for me and I’ll make it at home.

Glad your day was a huge success……and see you tomorrow!!

Quick pop on before we head out for the day. 68F today, so despite that, we’ll be heading for the beach in cropped leggings and a hoodie…..parks are going to be insanely busy, so will give that a pass.

Walk on the beach, some unique little stores and lunch! Ideal day for us today.

Having the best time!

Have a wonderful Friday :)

Happy Friday - I'm not a big black Friday shopper - never have been , probably won't ever be! I HATE the energy of crowds in malls. I don't like it when people come into my bubble.

We are heading to the city today to see the kids and gd. It's been way too long since we seen them - so it is time again! It is also son-in-law's birthday. So we are hoping to make it to the city in time to meet them for dinner. If not - we will be there for cake and ice cream.

I got GD advent calendar ready to go last night. I couldn't find items that were small enough to fit into the little boxes. There is really only enough room for a small chocolate. The Lindor ones fit perfectly into them. I found some little items and put them into little gift bags. On some of the chocolates I put a tag with a number and numbered each bag. Any day without an actual present - gets coins for her piggy bank! I raided Grandpa's change dish :o :rotfl:

It sounds like everyone had a great day yesterday!!!!! I whipped up butter chicken for dinner last night. It was quick and easy. And yes - it was a jarred sauce that I bought. But for those nights when I don't feel like cooking, it is a super EASY meal that is filling and it probably a favorite of the boys's. DH...not so much lol.

It's another chilly day - I guess probably more "average daily" temps for us - but still no fluffy white stuff on the ground. I'm honestly surprised we haven't had a big dump yet - besides the small skiff we had mid October. I'm sure we will pay for it in Jan/Feb - when you will hear me complain!!!!!!

Well, I should get these papers shuffled and off my desk so I can leave early today.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!

Ooh Black Friday shopping. 2 stores we wanted to go in, no line to pick up items we ordered, and a quick checkout at the other store, and no traffic into and out of the huge mall. Left at 8:30, back just before 10 this morning. Included a coffee stop, that I finished my iced coffee almost right away, was warm inside and car was toasty too. Beautiful day, sunshine and 50 degrees. Can’t ask for much nicer weather yesterday and today. Some stores we are not going anywhere near, talking about Target and Walmart. Will have some packages coming to the house though. Online order only some things we wanted, so ahip to us? No issue with that.

A little one made soup for lunch. Fine for me. Have no idea what for dinner though. Maybe leftovers from last night. Hehe, and now enjoying tea with a peppermint patty from a delicious chocolate store. Much better than those you get in a bag.

Shortest day for week day routine, even shorter with starting late. Yay for weekend coming up. Alarm is off. Yay! For sure. Even better, will make it a shorter week, and enjoy a three day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter