Something About Nothing............ #14

Got the baby gifts I wanted this morning, will get them wrapped, parcelled up and sent up tomorrow
Love buying baby gifts :). now & again will whip up a small crocheted blanket & include
Keisha: Well, it seems there are now 2 of us who love fish eyes, LOL! I love the homemade tapioca that you have to cook, and then wait for what seems like forever, for it to cool down. I make a double batch and eat most of it! Roger knows I love it, so he let's me pig out on it.
:fish:Another club To join!

Not lyin, i’ve been known to eat it warmish lol. My mom would get a big can of peaches in heavy syrup, Drain them add to the cooled tapioca. Yum, not exactly low, cal or sugar. i deem it a splurge for me.

What i find strange is that the boba pearl tea drinks are so popular but, same people won’t touch tapioca pudding

What I do is cross stitch
And you do a beautiful job on those large, challenging projects! Talk about a steady hand with the lettering.:worship:

I came across a decade’s old lighthouse kit waiting for me in my craft bin. I leaned toward needlework, the more flexibility with different stitches, sometimes added embellishments appealed to me at the time. Haven’t really done either in ages.

spirit moved me to grab supplies to make a halloween wreath yesterday. I’ve only made one, again decades ago. Should be interesting process as I’m winging it, to come up with some ideas on how to design it.

Quick lunchtime post.
We had a rather intense storm early this morning around 1:30. Very loud thunder and heavy rain. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep.

Such little things make me happy.

You sound like my friend Kathy. To her there are no strangers. Just friends she hasn’t met yet.

I can’t even remember a time when we didn’t have central air. But I’ve lived almost all of my life in the south.

I’d rather have neither. I’m such a wimp when it comes to weather.

I need to get back to work. B has been so funny this week. Yesterday she worked from 3-10 and today she’s working 9-5. She’s SO tired. This morning she said that she needed to stop at Starbucks before starting her shift. So much drama. Welcome to adulthood.

It`s funny, I love both seasons, well, I love all the season changes but I do love the heat and enjoy winter when I`m home in a cosy house.

At least she`s working Charade, it`ll set her up well for when she does get her full time career.

Happy Tuesday:)

Carole, I was surprised that air conditioning is not needed in the UK? There's no humidity either? I am in awe that you don't melt in the Florida heat and humidity! I've lived in the South, and even Florida is hard to take some times, LOL.

SueM: Congrats on your upcoming trip on Wednesday!!!! Have a great time.
It's interesting to hear that you have the Dragon Boat Races too, and that Canada won!!! Our teams are just local businesses of mostly out of shape people who are racing. I know there are some "professional" type teams that travel all over to participate. The Canadian team won here too, and they usually win year after year. I think their name is Hydraheads, but am not sure. Do you live in N. USA close to CAnada like we do???

Keisha: Well, it seems there are now 2 of us who love fish eyes, LOL! I love the homemade tapioca that you have to cook, and then wait for what seems like forever, for it to cool down. I make a double batch and eat most of it! Roger knows I love it, so he let's me pig out on it.

Charade: I'm curious as to what your sewing project is? I do some sewing, but mostly quilting. I usually have a project or two going at the same time. I saw the comments about leaving the windows open during a bad storm. I have never heard of that around here and have never tried it. We had horrible storms in the South but I never did it there either.?

LynneG: Congrats on only less than 4 weeks to go for your trip:)

Nothing too exciting going on today. I cleaned the spare bedroom getting ready for our company next week. I did laundry and hung it out, and that's about it today. We will have left over stew for supper. I Love meals that you can have for leftovers the next day.
My daughter is doing better with the separation anxiety. She is going to visit Grace tomorrow, so she's happy. It's about a 3 hour drive and almost to the cities, so it's a long day.

Hope to write more later this week:)

ruth

Businesses, stores, hotels and restaurants for the most part are all air conditioned. Some older places don`t have it, but hotels we`ll stay at will absolutely have it. We do have some very quaint B&B`s that don`t, that`s where you need the windows to open, but generally humidity is rare and with blazing heat, if we get a few weeks a year we thank our lucky stars......lol......

Glad Robin is doing better and visiting Grace will be lovely for her.

Well, as one of my nicknames is the lizard due to my love of heat.....(accept no imitations :rotfl: ) I thrive in that heat! One of my brothers laughed at me when I told him I was freezing one night in Orlando as it went down to 78F......he thought considering the temps I`m used to that was hilarious imagining me shivering in that heat!!

I feel your pain….
hot at my place also but only noticed that when I went outside to get the mail today

Air con is definitely your friend in the South mac.

What I do is cross stitch. It was a hobby of mine years ago, but I stopped doing it when B was born. I just recently started stitching again. I’ll post a picture of my current project when I finish it. Here are a few of my old projects.

View attachment 785568

View attachment 785569

View attachment 785570

View attachment 785571

I’m not the one who leaves windows open during a storm. I didn’t know that was a thing until recently.

They are very nice Charade, and yes you can see the amount of work that has gone into them.

I remember my grandmother insisting on having windows open during a storm from when I was very little, said it was essential so we always followed that advice.

Wow, Charade, those are absolutely beautiful. I love the eagle especially. That looks like a lot of work. I have done a little cross stitch but not recently, and not like yours:)
I used to crochet when I was in my 20's and a young mom. Then quit until about 5 years ago. I've been making lots of crocheted items and still love to do it. It's nice to pick up an old hobby that we have let go years ago and find pleasure in it again. My problem is I have too many hobbies now. I crochet, quilt, and sew, but it keeps me busy over the long winter months. I can't wait to see your new project.

Having too many hobbies is a good thing Ruth, you`ll never be bored and being productive at the same time. Watch out though, you might start a trend there with sewing and quilting........:rolleyes1

Love buying baby gifts :). now & again will whip up a small crocheted blanket & include

:fish:Another club To join!

Not lyin, i’ve been known to eat it warmish lol. My mom would get a big can of peaches in heavy syrup, Drain them add to the cooled tapioca. Yum, not exactly low, cal or sugar. i deem it a splurge for me.

What i find strange is that the boba pearl tea drinks are so popular but, same people won’t touch tapioca pudding

And you do a beautiful job on those large, challenging projects! Talk about a steady hand with the lettering.:worship:

I came across a decade’s old lighthouse kit waiting for me in my craft bin. I leaned toward needlework, the more flexibility with different stitches, sometimes added embellishments appealed to me at the time. Haven’t really done either in ages.

spirit moved me to grab supplies to make a halloween wreath yesterday. I’ve only made one, again decades ago. Should be interesting process as I’m winging it, to come up with some ideas on how to design it.

I`ve never tried those Boba tea things.....sounds absolutely gross!!

As a child one dessert mum would give us was rice with canned fruit or custard with the same. I always loved custard, but dreaded the rice pudding when I saw it cooking away! I always hated the fruit syrup ruining my lovely custard and preferred it seperately, but hey.....we ate what we were given, no fussy kids back then.

Oh you are another talented one.....knitting, crochet and any kind of needlework evades my talents of which they are few I`m thinking lol....You Ruth and Charade have a club of three now.....gotta love those clubs!!! Doesn`t Pumpkin quilt too???

Tom was laughing when I used the Groucho meme! I do get the humour with them I think, unlike Tom who loves the movies, they`re just too much for me....and you know I`ve tried with them!! Tom laughs like a drain through them though.......

Christmas cards are in the stores.....wrapping paper, gift boxes and the usual tins of chocolates that are associated with Christmas are all out there now!! Crazy early.....even for me as someone who adores Christmas!!

Dull morning so far, but it`s barely 6.30, very still out there but supposed to be sunny later, so will get a washing load on and out on the line. I`m very un-Green if that`s a thing, I wash small loads and wash at high temps.....some things I won`t change.

Post office in the next village for us this morning to get my brothers birthday card and the baby gift sent off, we have a post office in our village but the people who run it, well one of their staff members is not nice, so we don`t frequent that one, shame, but I take my business elsewhere when I feel like that with people. They`ve had many complaints about that women who works there, but she must have something of a hold on them as she`s still there.

I think we might pop to one of the waterways for a walk today if it does turn out as nice, no Wednesday lunch out with friends as everyone is busy, some are just back from trips, so we`ll leave it till next week. No idea what lunch will, but dinner will be chicken skewers in spicy teriyaki sauce, and veg skewers too with some salad and cous cous, spicy and fruity of course.

I think we might do BLTA`s for lunch...

More tea first and then a rather large but light blueberry muffin and fruit for breakfast.

cv43-S.jpg

cv21-S.jpg

cv79-S.jpg

Have a very happy Wednesday :p

Lordy it’s hot! But not triple digits like @buckeev yikes.

@schumigirl our summers used to be like that, just a few days of bad heat. But now with global warming things changed. Prolonged heat, drought, fires. Ugh. Where AC was rare now more and more people are retro fitting. their houses.

@Lynne G you‘re correct that’s exactly how I spent my day, pre trip, getting everything packed. I also have most of the day tomorrow to finish up. Just have to pack shoes and toiletries. Hair gunk…..etc. see you soon!

@keishashadow wow sounds like a pretty bad storm. Glad most things survived. Macmust not use the S word! Bad!

@schumigirl sounds like a lovely day!

@Charade67 had to laugh at your comment on B, sounds like my oldest. She is saying she’s so ready for this vacay! Well during summer she only has 4hr shifts lol.

@disneyseniors we live in Canada about a 45 min drive to the Washington border. We have a big international Dragon Boat race in Vancouver, then smaller ones thru summer. We also have a large Outrigger community too.
Apparently Team Canada women cleaned up at the World Championships in Thailand a few days ago. A friend just posted it. Her coach was on the team!

@Charade67 especially love the eagle! Nice work!

Well it’s gone 11:00 here. I’m going to try and get some sleep. Long travel day tomorrow! Or should I say night. Flight doesn’t leave till 8ish, short flight to Seattle where we get our connection to MCO. Arrive in Florida Thursday morning.

Ooh, still overcast and almost dark looking out. But at least no rain in those clouds. Early weather news says, the clouds should depart for a full sun afternoon, before the clouds come back. Though still making it cooler in the early mornings. Into 60’s, with a pair of 60 the low for the weekend. And that makes sense, as predicted our weekend is to be fabulous in the weather department. Full days of bright blue skies and sunshine, with moonlight to be bright in a clear sky. And even more wow, guess climate change, as in middle of our hottest month, we are staying in the 80’s, and even two 79 degrees the high on Saturday and predicted for next Friday too.

But today, yay,
IMG_1714.jpeg

Ooh camel in the sky, so while Sue having an evening flight, camel here to say, you may see him in the sky, wishing you a most awesome trip and park fun. And yeah, for all, that hump of a day feeling Wednesday, means a most fabulous Friday feeling then will be a day later. Woot! Week going fast.

Ah last day of routine not in office. Have to go tomorrow, but at least back to routine not in office to end the week day routine. So far, other than DH being a bit noisy, it’s quiet out. Hmm hear the AC just go on. It’s 70 out says my outdoor thermostat that is facing mostly east. I guess, the humidity is still icky sticky, that part of the weather is more like our summers. Ugh. May almost want to rain, 68 degree is the dew point. Guess our house needs to be a little cooler. And that’s fine with me.

Tea and up in that early morning. Back to screen I go. Wishing all a most wonderful Wednesday.

Hehe, dollar dumpling day for us. No whopper for us. Nope, haven’t set forth in a BK in years. Must better tasting hand made to order, cheap today, dumplings. Yep, breakfast I get early too. Food on brain when I wake up so early most days.

Absolutely beautiful day here......won`t bore you with a full weather report but but is is lovely!!

i-WKHqh6W-S.jpg

Ended up having to take one of the gifts back I bought yesterday, as I was wrapping one I noticed there was a tear in it, so drove back to where we got it and had to get something else as they don`t have many of each item in stock, but got something just as nice, she did check the other items were ok, which they were, one of those things. Came home again and wrapped them all up and drove to the post office and got them sent off along with my brothers card, so that`s this week sorted out for birthday cards.

Next one up for us is Tom`s.....I need to get organised for that!!

Stopped off in a cafe for a light lunch on our walk which was nice, they made a splendid pot of tea to go with it too which surprised me. We both had grilled sandwiches which were huge!

Waiting for laundry to dry on the line which won`t be too long with the heat and the breeze that`s building. Sitting in the kitchen with doors wide open, I don`t think I`ll have another house without bi-fold doors in the kitchen, you can open up the whole back wall which is lovely.

Time for tea!

She’s SO tired. This morning she said that she needed to stop at Starbucks before starting her shift. So much drama. Welcome to adulthood.
Lol, and so, it begins
Doesn`t Pumpkin quilt too???
other than the various crafting of “quick quilts”, which only resemble a real quilt by the name…they are far too daunting for me. I appreciate the time and meticulous efforts involved there, just don’t have either in abundance lol
Tom was laughing when I used the Groucho meme! I do get the humour with them I think, unlike Tom who loves the movies, they`re just too much for me....and you know I`ve tried with them!! Tom laughs like a drain through them though.......
If only the current crop of comedians would have the Marx bros finesse

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

any special plans for the mister?
Macmust not use the S word! Bad!
::yes::

9287F515-B3AA-4D07-A220-C0B6BAD4ABE0.jpeg
And happy trails to you…Sue :)

played hookey yesterday with the Mr & jr, treated to late lunch (yep, still working my BD hehe) and finally saw Oppenheimer. Enjoyed it but, easily could’ve been trimmed by a half hour.

Rested, have a long, busy day today, whee.

@Lynne G love the camel cloud! I’ll be looking for him as we take off a 8:18. Still light here but gets dark soon after, last night we headed out for dog walk at 8:15 and by the time we got back it was almost dark when I was giving plants one last drink. In this heat have to water 2x a day. My plants are loaded with tomatoes. Still green. Won’t you know it, they’ll ripen while I’m away. Must remind Mr to pick when they ripen.

@schumigirl Stunning pic. Looks like an idyllic summer scene.

@keishashadow love the happy planes!

Thanks all for the send off. Just some bits to do to finish up packing, and a trip to the bank. Ugh Canadian dollar dropped. What can yo do!
I did manage to get 6hrs sleep in last night!
Our flight path is pretty much a straight diagonal line from Seattle to Orlando. Anyone sees an Alaska plane overhead, that’s me ::yes::

Slow day today. Just passing the time until lunch.
B came home last night complaining that her ankles hurt. I asked her what kind of shoes she is wearing to work. She has been wearing cute, slip on shoes that offer no support. She has had trouble with her ankles all her life. I think it’s called pronation. She doesn’t work on Friday, so it looks like we will be shopping for some supportive shoes.

Funny, I did the same cross stitching untl my kids were born too, Charade. I have yet to pick it up, and started quilting lately. Great pictures you did . Most of what I stitched was given to family and friends.
I also gave away several projects over the years. The eagle and FSU Seminole were both gifts for dh.

Wow, Charade, those are absolutely beautiful. I love the eagle especially. That looks like a lot of work. I have done a little cross stitch but not recently, and not like yours:)
I used to crochet when I was in my 20's and a young mom. Then quit until about 5 years ago. I've been making lots of crocheted items and still love to do it. It's nice to pick up an old hobby that we have let go years ago and find pleasure in it again. My problem is I have too many hobbies now. I crochet, quilt, and sew, but it keeps me busy over the long winter months. I can't wait to see your new project.
Thanks. I have never tried crochet or quilting. My sewing skills are lacking.

I tried boba tea once. Not a fan. It just seemed weird to me.

And you do a beautiful job on those large, challenging projects! Talk about a steady hand with the lettering
Thank you. The one with all the lettering was a challenge. I’m thinking less letters for future projects.

They are very nice Charade, and yes you can see the amount of work that has gone into them.
Thank you.

Christmas cards are in the stores.....wrapping paper, gift boxes and the usual tins of chocolates that are associated with Christmas are all out there now!! Crazy early.....even for me as someone who adores Christmas!!
Too soon. I wish the retailers would al least wait until after Halloween.

had to laugh at your comment on B, sounds like my oldest. She is saying she’s so ready for this vacay! Well during summer she only has 4hr shifts lol.
I know B would love to come on vacation with me, but I hope she is still working then. This current job is only temporary.
Have a great trip.

especially love the eagle! Nice work!
Thanks. That was a gift for dh before we got married. I’m currently working on a wolf that I started for him over 20 years ago.

Time for lunch. Yay!!

Finally getting to stop in again!!! Busy few days here!

Bil and future sil were evacuated again from their town. This time - evacuation was to our city. Very scary there. The road is now closed unless you are leaving - and even then - the ONE main road going in and out of the province is periodically closed as the fires are soooooooo unpredictable right now - it is mainly closed. The town they evacuated from - they flew in military planes to evacuate anyone who didn't listen to the evacuation orders. Fire crews have pulled out as its too hazardous at this point - to save human lives. The fires are moving 50+ kms in less than 24 hrs. Crazy times right now.

Weather is holding out. Nights are still cool - but decent temps during the day. Leaves are starting to turn already :sad: It makes me sad! I was hoping that we would have a fall like last year. No such luck this year. And like @schumigirl I have noticed our evenings are starting to shorten faster now. :sad2:

Cancelling our Nashville trip. Numerous reasons. Dh's work is actually NOT one of them. The group has gotten too large and is now a heavier drinking group. Since dh is sober - he doesn't mind being around with people who are drinking - but when your immediate people you would be around would be heavily drinking all the time - and in all honesty when one BIL is around those who are bigger drinkers - he is not a great guy to be around. So we are backing out. :rolleyes2 We are back to the drawing board. We have a few ideas - and we are both needing some get away time. So hopefully we will plan for something soon.

Now Tom was rolling his eyes as I was proved right......lol.....and he knew what was coming next and.....it comes with a dance!!!
I LOVED and giggled at this post!!!! That is me - with the " I told you so " dance!!!!!! :mic:
T minus less than two weeks, then less than 4 weeks. Which reminds me as need to renew little one’s pass.
It's great you have a travelling partner in crime!
Every one of my DS nicknamed it “fish eye pudding”.
That's EXACTLY why I don't eat it. Reminds me of kids in school eating it and saying that! It creeps me out!!!!! I just can't do it lol
Did I mention we leave Wednesday night! :goodvibes
YAY!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!! Have a beverage for me please!.

Mac used the worst four letter “s” word! :faint:
:headache: That word.....I HATE that word. It's a swear word here lol
Here are a few of my old projects.
Those are amazing!!!!!!!!
Ah last day of routine not in office. Have to go tomorrow, but at least back to routine not in office to end the week day routine.
Enjoy your last at home working day for the week!
Absolutely beautiful day here......won`t bore you with a full weather report but but is is lovely!!
Stunning picture! I hope you got a walk in today to enjoy your beautiful scenery.

Well, I should shuffle more papers

Have a great day everyone!

Lol, and so, it begins

other than the various crafting of “quick quilts”, which only resemble a real quilt by the name…they are far too daunting for me. I appreciate the time and meticulous efforts involved there, just don’t have either in abundance lol

If only the current crop of comedians would have the Marx bros finesse

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

any special plans for the mister?

::yes::

View attachment 785697
And happy trails to you…Sue :)

played hookey yesterday with the Mr & jr, treated to late lunch (yep, still working my BD hehe) and finally saw Oppenheimer. Enjoyed it but, easily could’ve been trimmed by a half hour.

Rested, have a long, busy day today, whee.

We stuck on the dvd of A Day at the Races today....I admit, I did laugh more than once!!! They were very clever though and it shows in their movies.

I do like that saying too, it makes a good meme and I do know which friend would be in the next cell to me should that ever happen.....everyone needs a friend like that!!

No real plans for his birthday, I think we`re going out to dinner with some friends, maybe on the Saturday night instead of Friday. Will get him something nice though.......the man who wants nothing except a Toblerone for every celebration!!

@schumigirl Stunning pic. Looks like an idyllic summer scene.

@keishashadow love the happy planes!

Thanks all for the send off. Just some bits to do to finish up packing, and a trip to the bank. Ugh Canadian dollar dropped. What can yo do!
I did manage to get 6hrs sleep in last night!
Our flight path is pretty much a straight diagonal line from Seattle to Orlando. Anyone sees an Alaska plane overhead, that’s me ::yes::

Thanks, it is very beautiful, nice and peaceful area to walk in.

I hear you, the UK pound sucks too against the US Dollar. But, no point in moaning, we just get on with it.

Slow day today. Just passing the time until lunch.
B came home last night complaining that her ankles hurt. I asked her what kind of shoes she is wearing to work. She has been wearing cute, slip on shoes that offer no support. She has had trouble with her ankles all her life. I think it’s called pronation. She doesn’t work on Friday, so it looks like we will be shopping for some supportive shoes.

I also gave away several projects over the years. The eagle and FSU Seminole were both gifts for dh.

Thanks. I have never tried crochet or quilting. My sewing skills are lacking.

I tried boba tea once. Not a fan. It just seemed weird to me.

Thank you. The one with all the lettering was a challenge. I’m thinking less letters for future projects.

Thank you.

Too soon. I wish the retailers would al least wait until after Halloween.

I know B would love to come on vacation with me, but I hope she is still working then. This current job is only temporary.
Have a great trip.

Thanks. That was a gift for dh before we got married. I’m currently working on a wolf that I started for him over 20 years ago.

Time for lunch. Yay!!

Oh goodness yes, she needs some very supportive shoes.

I wouldn`t mind seeing Christmas things in October as I do like along build up to the festivities, but August is just crazy.

Finally getting to stop in again!!! Busy few days here!

Bil and future sil were evacuated again from their town. This time - evacuation was to our city. Very scary there. The road is now closed unless you are leaving - and even then - the ONE main road going in and out of the province is periodically closed as the fires are soooooooo unpredictable right now - it is mainly closed. The town they evacuated from - they flew in military planes to evacuate anyone who didn't listen to the evacuation orders. Fire crews have pulled out as its too hazardous at this point - to save human lives. The fires are moving 50+ kms in less than 24 hrs. Crazy times right now.

Weather is holding out. Nights are still cool - but decent temps during the day. Leaves are starting to turn already :sad: It makes me sad! I was hoping that we would have a fall like last year. No such luck this year. And like @schumigirl I have noticed our evenings are starting to shorten faster now. :sad2:

Cancelling our Nashville trip. Numerous reasons. Dh's work is actually NOT one of them. The group has gotten too large and is now a heavier drinking group. Since dh is sober - he doesn't mind being around with people who are drinking - but when your immediate people you would be around would be heavily drinking all the time - and in all honesty when one BIL is around those who are bigger drinkers - he is not a great guy to be around. So we are backing out. :rolleyes2 We are back to the drawing board. We have a few ideas - and we are both needing some get away time. So hopefully we will plan for something soon.

I LOVED and giggled at this post!!!! That is me - with the " I told you so " dance!!!!!! :mic:

It's great you have a travelling partner in crime!

That's EXACTLY why I don't eat it. Reminds me of kids in school eating it and saying that! It creeps me out!!!!! I just can't do it lol

YAY!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!! Have a beverage for me please!.

:headache: That word.....I HATE that word. It's a swear word here lol

Those are amazing!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your last at home working day for the week!

Stunning picture! I hope you got a walk in today to enjoy your beautiful scenery.

Well, I should shuffle more papers

Have a great day everyone!

Oh my goodness Pumpkin, that sounds dreadful and absolutely terrifying too! Always wonder why folks ignore mandatory evac notices, it ends up putting folks at risk going in to get them.

We said today on our walk, some trees are already starting to turn which just seems so early, but agree, it`s getting cooler earlier and darkness is definitely getting earlier.

I`m sorry you cancelled your trip but completely understandable. There`s nothing worse than folks who drink far too heavily....and I say that as someone who enjoys a libation or two as do most of our friends. But, no one wants the type of people around who drink so heavily that it`s off-putting. We removed ourselves from socialising with a few folks like that over the years. Hope you manage to find something lovely as a replacement trip.

I do love the "I told you so" dance.....not so much when I`m on the receiving end of it though.....lol......

Have a great day........

Chicken skewers were very nice, didn`t bother with cous cous as the veg on skewers and salad was enough. Followed it up with some tea and the last two muffins I baked. Plan to sit with our feet up tonight and watch some of the show Evil, it is very good.

Up earlier than usual tomorrow, we have to leave early for an appointment I have for a scan to see if I have suitable gums for an implant...makes me laugh every time I think of waiting to see if I`m approved!! The clinic is over an hour away and parking is non existant as it`s in the centre of an area which is predominantly large family homes. Tom will drop me off and pick me back up again, then we might go into town and have a wander, haven`t been there for a while.

Yawning already and it`s barely 7.30pm!!

Pumpkin, very scary indeed. I hope all are safe. While very hard to loose everything, life is one that should be always safe. Glad to read your extended family members got out safely. People are lucky to be helped after not evacuating as ordered. I agree with cancelling the trip. Hopefully something nice to do as a couple, instead of that trip.

Ah little one wants to make a return at that huge mall when I sign off, soon. Sometimes when you order online, even though you know your size, doesn’t fit as you wanted it to. And so, back it goes. The store we got it from usually is quick and easy with returns. Hoping traffic won’t be bad.

Sunshine at lunchtime was so so bright. And muggy feeling, making it hotter than the 85 degrees it was. Still very bright out.

Made pasta for lunch, so I’m still stuffed. Maybe a late order for those dollar dumplings. Cheap ordered dinner.

Ooh glad the week is half over. Means that much closer to our 5 am flight. Hehe, DH said a few times, what time? Yeah, very early morning. Will be nice to meet up with Sue and her DD, this trip, and nice to meet up with Charade in our second trip.

She has had trouble with her ankles all her life. I think it’s called pronation. She doesn’t work on Friday, so it looks like we will be shopping for some supportive shoes.
Under pronation/supination - foot rolls outward

over pronation - foot rolls inward

OTC inserts for both out there. Athletic shoes are designed/recommended for each also
know B would love to come on vacation with me, but I hope she is still working then. This current job is only temporary.
I wouldn’t mind working in a bookstore as a first job out of school.

TBH I made sure my DS each worked a PT taxing sort of job in HS. One they couldn’t wait to leave lol. The carrot to keep their noses to the wheel and work toward a career of doing something they loved.
Bil and future sil were evacuated again from their town. This time - evacuation was to our city. Very scary there.
Oh my, sorry to hear that. do you think now that the fires are coming closer to “civilization” in Canada, the government may devote more resources to work on the inherent issues?

Don’t laugh, there’s a bit of a debate going on here as to whether heavy winter “s” falls, will help break the fire lines.

So we are backing out. :rolleyes2 We are back to the drawing board. We have a few ideas - and we are both needing some get away time. So hopefully we will plan for something soon.
Well, it sounds like a good thing you were able to recognize that it wouldn’t be the right sort of trip for your immediate family. Good luck planning another adventure
Hehe if anything, it made me enjoy it just a bit more :)
That word.....I HATE that word. It's a swear word here lol
Oh yeah! I’ve a got a 5 letter “S” word that’s higher up the food chain…sleet.:poop: Hush my mouth lol
I wouldn`t mind seeing Christmas things in October as I do like along build up to the festivities, but August is just crazy.
Do you have Xmas in July over there? That tends to get on my nerves. Generally, just a way for merchants to have a sale or two.

when we did tent camp (oh, so long ago); a few times would stay at the red-headed step child section of the resort like RV places. i.e. the tent sights without electricity or dump station.

you wouldn’t believe the late night golf cart parades, all decked out in Xmas decorations, topped off by Santa tossing candy to the kids. the exact opposite of the peace & quiet we were seeking.

Under pronation/supination - foot rolls outward

over pronation - foot rolls inward

OTC inserts for both out there. Athletic shoes are designed/recommended for each also

I wouldn’t mind working in a bookstore as a first job out of school.

TBH I made sure my DS each worked a PT taxing sort of job in HS. One they couldn’t wait to leave lol. The carrot to keep their noses to the wheel and work toward a career of doing something they loved.

Oh my, sorry to hear that. do you think now that the fires are coming closer to “civilization” in Canada, the government may devote more resources to work on the inherent issues?

Don’t laugh, there’s a bit of a debate going on here as to whether heavy winter “s” falls, will help break the fire lines.

Well, it sounds like a good thing you were able to recognize that it wouldn’t be the right sort of trip for your immediate family. Good luck planning another adventure

Hehe if anything, it made me enjoy it just a bit more :)

Oh yeah! I’ve a got a 5 letter “S” word that’s higher up the food chain…sleet.:poop: Hush my mouth lol

Do you have Xmas in July over there? That tends to get on my nerves. Generally, just a way for merchants to have a sale or two.

when we did tent camp (oh, so long ago); a few times would stay at the red-headed step child section of the resort like RV places. i.e. the tent sights without electricity or dump station.

you wouldn’t believe the late night golf cart parades, all decked out in Xmas decorations, topped off by Santa tossing candy to the kids. the exact opposite of the peace & quiet we were seeking.

Yes, some place do Christmas in July, not many though, although we did take advantage of Balsam Hill having a July Christmas sale a few years ago and bought a second tree from them. Not exactly what most folks would think of as a bargain, but we were getting another from them anyway....

But, from now on the stores will start to fill up with everything, once the kids go back to school beginning of September the school stuff will disappear and those rows will be filled with festive season purchases.

lol.....the red headed step children area........ :rotfl:

Yep, early to bed for us, both of us are yawning in each others faces.....all that fresh air last week or so. No hardship getting up early as we`re used to it anyway, but we don`t usually have to deal with rush hour traffic on the main roads.

Decided we would go into the town after my appointment, they have some lovely shops to meander around, maybe some lunch too.

Pitch black outside now and has been dark for an hour or so......it is cosy though!

Slow day at work today. I'm slowly working on the pile of shredding to do.

Tonight - we are headed to dh's dad's place. Aunt and Uncle are here visiting. So it will be a little family gathering for dinner. Good thing the weather is amazing today - I love when that happens! I was hoping to fit in a walk tonight - guess we will see what time we get home.

For this town - the newest update is that they got rain last night. So that helped to clear some of the smoke so that planes and helicopters could go out again. Helicopters were able to to do bucket dumping for property in the direct line of the fires. They have also been able to set up sprinkler systems as a fire block. That was all for the town that bil was evacuated from.

For the capital city of that province (which is ever FARTHER north) and the road is now closed to leave as it's too dangerous for people to be driving through - they have sent out heavy equipment in that area for fires that are close to the city and also some ground crews for the smaller Inuit/ Indigenous communities.

One vital hamlet was totally lost to the fires. It would be where people would refuel to go farther north ( especially big trucks that deliver goods fuel up there) OR they would go right and go to the little town my bil lived. Hopefully they will be able to get that back up and running.

The problems with the fires in the northern regions - is that once they start burning - even with the snowfall - the fires move underground. There are trees - but it's all muskeg - and there is lots of peat moss underneath. So once that starts on fire and smolders underground - it will suddenly pop up somewhere else if it's able to surface. It's the same in our area - going into the foothill of the mountains. We have lots of peat deep in our ground. When we were avid ATV riders - there are many peat pits that people would get stuck in - Something we have to watch out for.

I know people have this conception that there is not much but rock and tundra in the north - that's in the far north. Much of it is filled with trees, grass and muskeg. It's not barren land of few trees, ground and rocks.

It is a horrible year of fires. Hopefully if we get a decent amount of snow in the northern regions and more remote locations. Last winter was not record setting for snowfall. Snow will help - but if the fire is hot enough and moves into the peat moss underground - it just smolders until it can pop up again.

Edited to add -

The hamlet that was burnt out where the major gas station is...there is another 5 hr drive before the next fueling station. That's how important and far away these towns are. Most people can't fathom driving that far between gas stations. The little reserves inbetween have gas stations - but they can't fuel lots of big trucks that come into their community. It is whole different world up there.

Quick drive by this morning as we`re leaving soon....

Even though I am always an early bird, lifelong habits are hard to break, why is it when I know I have to get up, I wake up every hour checking the time!!! I put on my very rarely used alarm even though I always wake up naturally, but thought I`d better.

I even forgot how to set my alarm as it is never used!!

Beautiful morning though, so dress and sandals today and no jacket will be needed, but we can feel that morning chill now, yep autumn is slowly sauntering towards us, then one day....bam....it`ll be winter!!

Quick breakfast of toast with preserves and Kyle is joining us for dinner tonight and suggested we get fish and chips from the chippy....sounds good to me!!!

cv127-S.jpg

cv50-S.jpg

Happy Thursday ☺️

Ah that warm for us, is still around. And this is my view for today:

IMG_1716.jpeg

Yep, still overcast, but already 70 degrees out and a pair of eights are the high temp by this afternoon. Early weather news lady said rain may be in the overnight, and early morning Friday. Cold front arriving, but it’s a high weather system, so three days coming of full wall to wall sunshine, and lesser humidity and lower temps. 80 the high on Saturday, with 83 on Friday and 86 on Sunday. As such, maybe some pool time this weekend. Woot!

T minus 8 is where I am. Hope Sue had good flights and enjoying some park fun today, and a great meet ups for lunch. Sorry missing that meal. But happy we can meet up next week.

And so, back to routine I go, and no need to drink that icky tasting water, hot enough bottle water, that tastes fine. Thus, tea for me, and an almost cool office.

Which reminds me, hope all enjoy a drink or two, to raise that glass to salute, that every Thirsty Thursday, like today, is followed by that Fabulously Friday feeling day. Yay!

Have a most terrific Thirsty Thursday.

Ooh a good morning too, with a hope Schumi got out the door quick, and will enjoy her family fish and chips dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter