Something About Nothing............ #14

Wow Orange is the new Black was emotional at the end!! Won`t watch it again, but glad we did.

I often wonder on the threads here why some folks don`t acknowledge someone has answered them when they ask a question and you go look for an answer!! hey ho.....

It`s dark here now around 8.30, and it`s barely middle of August.......Autumn is on the way for sure.

And hehe, Keisha retrieving her GD going over the hill and around the closed bridge. Could be a song. ::yes:::laughing:
Lol i was channeling ’over the river & thru the woods, to grandmama’s house we go’.

Knew it was going to rain this afternoon

did I take an :umbrella:With me? Yes, tossed it into the car even tho I probably have three others in various compartments.

did i take it into Michael’s when I bought items to make a halloween themed wreath? No

did I get drenched when the skies opened? Yes & the umbrella has now joined it’s brethren in my car.

the end lol

I am the weird one that loves to wash clothes, hang them outside, and iron if needed. The problem is, most clothes now don't need ironing:(
So, Carole isn't alone.
If there’s two it’s an official club :)

i love tapioca pudding. The only one that will eat it here. Every one of my DS nicknamed it “fish eye pudding”.
Keishashadow: I was surprised, and kinda freaked out, to hear that people actually put gators in their bedrooms??? There are a lot of crazies out there
Oh, lately, I’m more convinced of that every day lol

the thing that I keep coming back to is how does one deal with the inevitable smell? Would think it’s something you’d be hard pressed to ignore
beef stew for tonight.
Oh, that sounds good. A bit too hot here for a such a heavy meal tho. another month & should be good to go. Haven’t priced a chuck roast since early spring. Almost afraid to look at the price per # now.
Hi I`m Carole and I`m an ironaholic :rotfl:
Haha

@Lynne G nope, didn’t get back to sleep, yuck. So tired now my eyes hurt. Last year it was hot thru October. We were in shorts. No lawns being mowed here now. Too hot, no rain, and drought water restrictions. No lawn watering. Lawns aren’t growing. All brown.

@schumigirl most houses here weren't built with AC. In the past if we ever got a heat wave it only lasted 2 or 3 days before the comfortable summer weather returned. Happened maybe twice a summer and short lived. Climate change very scary. We never had these awful fires either or water restrictions.
We have ceiling fans in the bedrooms, and tower fan and a Costco portable AC unit in living room. A lot of folks are putting in AC now.

@keishashadow wow that’s crazy keeping gators in their houses! Have they lost their minds!

@Charade67 nice to see lines when parking. I had Dr appt this AM and lines were almost non existent.
That’s my husband! He doesn’t like hosting people he doesn’t know. But he says put me in a room and within 10 min I know everyone lol.

@disneyseniors Wedding dresses are soooo expensive. My youngest got married in October. Thankful she didn’t want a veil and my good friend is an excellent seamstress. She wanted to do it for free, but I gave her $100, probably a fraction of what bridal store would charge!
We have a huge International Dragon Boat festival here. And some very elite paddlers who just returned from the big world championships. Canada won 1st

@keishashadow send some rain here!

@schumigirl haven’t watched Orange is new Black yet. I think for flight I’m going to download Only Murderers in the Building.

Ugh I just looked at patio thermometer in the shade, 35c. I think that’s lowish 90’s? At least we don’t have humidity, something to be grateful for !

sue - the heat is difficult when you aren’t acclimated to it. Our house is hot water heat, so no vents for central AC. I refused to have them put in and be bumped out into the rooms.

added a vornado fan to our ceiling fan arsenal On main level. It really makes a difference in circulating cool air across very large areas. The BR all have individual AC window units. Not exactly classy but they get the rooms ice cold to point we use winter weight blankets & comforters all year.

I love a freezing bedroom, insist on keeping window in my BR cracked a sliver all winder for fresh air. The Mr gave up on arguing with me years ago about it :)

sue - the heat is difficult when you aren’t acclimated to it. Our house is hot water heat, so no vents for central AC. I refused to have them put in and be bumped out into the rooms.

added a vornado fan to our ceiling fan arsenal On main level. It really makes a difference in circulating cool air across very large areas. The BR all have individual AC window units. Not exactly classy but they get the rooms ice cold to point we use winter weight blankets & comforters all year.

I love a freezing bedroom, insist on keeping window in my BR cracked a sliver all winder for fresh air. The Mr gave up on arguing with me years ago about it :)
I look at it as pre heating for Orlando!

So.Flippin’.Hot!!! Temps triple digiting almost every day…with Heat Index in the 100 & surface-of-the-sun degrees here in SE TX. I’m gettin’ too old for this junk!
Hope you SAN’rs are finding the perfect shady spot to plan your next Butter Beer run!

If there’s two it’s an official club :)

Oh, that sounds good. A bit too hot here for a such a heavy meal tho. another month & should be good to go. Haven’t priced a chuck roast since early spring. Almost afraid to look at the price per # now.

Haha

1692077006928.jpeg

I think unless we get an Indian summer by mid September we`ll be back in autumnal dishes, nothing beats a good comfort dish once the cooler temps come in.

@schumigirl most houses here weren't built with AC. In the past if we ever got a heat wave it only lasted 2 or 3 days before the comfortable summer weather returned. Happened maybe twice a summer and short lived. Climate change very scary. We never had these awful fires either or water restrictions.
We have ceiling fans in the bedrooms, and tower fan and a Costco portable AC unit in living room. A lot of folks are putting in AC now.

@Charade67 nice to see lines when parking. I had Dr appt this AM and lines were almost non existent.
That’s my husband! He doesn’t like hosting people he doesn’t know. But he says put me in a room and within 10 min I know everyone lol.

Yes, we have about 5 blazing hot days a year if we`re lucky, A/C is not a thing in people`s homes here, heck even some businesses don`t have it. We`ve been thinking if we do build our next home from scratch, the design will include A/C though, but generally, it`s not needed over here

Tom and I both love hosting friends or strangers. We hosted strangers for many years through business and always enjoyed that too.

Yes, a much cooler bedroom makes it so much easier to sleep.....it has been an ongoing thing for over 30 years with us......Tom likes the room cool, but in the winter he`d happily close the windows when we go to bed. We compromise when it`s really bad by the windows furthest away from the bed being cracked open. Although most nights he doesn`t notice if there just happens to be another one opened.....☺️

So.Flippin’.Hot!!! Temps triple digiting almost every day…with Heat Index in the 100 & surface-of-the-sun degrees here in SE TX. I’m gettin’ too old for this junk!
Hope you SAN’rs are finding the perfect shady spot to plan your next Butter Beer run!

Stay cool buckeev.......good to see you pop in......

Well the rain has stopped, that`s something I suppose, but more forecast this afternoon, so I think we`ll get out this morning and get what we need, it`s always lovely going to shop for baby clothes and gifts. Will get it all wrapped up and posted off tomorrow.

I think Tom is volunteering this afternoon so might have a drawer tidy up....very dull and boring, but I have put it off now for a couple I weeks, hate untidy drawers, hate anything untidy.

My goddaughter had a nice enough first day in her job, we all think she`ll love it.

Lasagne for dinner tonight, I only have to make the cheese sauce for the top and layer it up later, will do some garlic bread and salad to go with it. Toast with preserves for breakfast today and turkey with salad sandwiches for lunch.

And we have sunshine........time for second cup of tea.

cv39-S.png

cv89-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday 🫖

Ooh that rain did come in the overnight. About a quarter of an inch. So more like light rain. Right before I got up, heard noise, wasn’t rain, but some loud buzzing of not sure what a vehicle or machine. But it ended after a few minutes. And I decided to wait a few more minutes after that to get up. DH was also slow getting up. That kinda day when so overcast, still more dark than bright out. To be fair, sunrise in less than ten minutes from now. Yep, still on daylight saving time.

And yay, calendar moving along, and we are at a Taco Tuesday today. Yay, the day a homie can get a taco at Taco Bell, or other taco place, or even make your own taco. And this week, the day Sue does her pre trip last full day routine. Safe travel tomorrow.

Ah yes, week day routine means up early and in a house AC cool feeling home. Thankfully, office not wanting to be visited for two more days. And tea from my teapot and not that hot water tap in the office.

And hope Buckeev is finding places to feel cooler. Seems most of the South is getting heat waves.

Usually, our August is hot, but so far not many 90 or higher days for us. But at least in the 80’s as high, and even a 79 high temp on Saturday predicted. However, that sticky icky humidity has been around this month. Like today, we are in the low 70’s dew pint. Yeah so muggy, does make sense they are saying more rain to fall today.

Thus, back to my routine. Hope all have a most Terrific Taco Tuesday. Oooh a taco 🌮.

IMG_1713.gif

::yes::

:rockband:

tell us how you really feel…..,

heat is really better than snow

Mac used the worst four letter “s” word! :faint:

carole - all hail Groucho!

lost power middle of night from storm that rumbled thru. Appear a few small electronics may have had a strong enough surge they went to the other side

glad we have surge the protectors on the pricier stuff. All tvs fine. Not sure re MW as it’s weird to get back online as fancy one. Next one will be no bells & whistles

ipad on one, survived but, attached key board folio didn’t. Do have a warranty on it. I’m hunting and pecking away this am. o_O

Mac used the worst four letter “s” word! :faint:

carole - all hail Groucho!

lost power middle of night from storm that rumbled thru. Appear a few small electronics may have had a strong enough surge they went to the other side

glad we have surge the protectors on the pricier stuff. All tvs fine. Not sure re MW as it’s weird to get back online as fancy one. Next one will be no bells & whistles

ipad on one, survived but, attached key board folio didn’t. Do have a warranty on it. I’m hunting and pecking away this am. o_O

lol.....I knew you`d like that meme!!!

Heck, that`s bad!! When we replaced our previous microwave, we got a basic one with no grill or 57 options to use, we rarely use it anyway. But, hope you get what you need easily enough.

Got the baby gifts I wanted this morning, will get them wrapped, parcelled up and sent up tomorrow, picked up a few things and it was so lovely we went a walk through the fields instead of coming straight home, it was beautiful. Tom wasn`t needed to volunteer this afternoon so we had plenty of time.

Grabbed a sandwich for lunch and rather unusually for us during the day we put the tv on and found a show on Netflix that is the one of the biggest horror stories I`ve ever watched. It`s called Painkiller and all about the OxyContin scandal!! Absolutely horrific to watch, we`ve only watched 2 episodes so far, but I think we`ll be binge watching the others tonight.

Tom is making us a pot of tea, I`ll butter us a couple of scones, will keep us going till dinner.

Quick lunchtime post.
We had a rather intense storm early this morning around 1:30. Very loud thunder and heavy rain. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep.
Charade: I had to laugh at your parking lot photo. Best picture of the day
Such little things make me happy.

But he says put me in a room and within 10 min I know everyone lol.
You sound like my friend Kathy. To her there are no strangers. Just friends she hasn’t met yet.

Our house is hot water heat, so no vents for central AC. I refused to have them put in and be bumped out into the rooms.
I can’t even remember a time when we didn’t have central air. But I’ve lived almost all of my life in the south.

heat is really better than snow
I’d rather have neither. I’m such a wimp when it comes to weather.

I need to get back to work. B has been so funny this week. Yesterday she worked from 3-10 and today she’s working 9-5. She’s SO tired. This morning she said that she needed to stop at Starbucks before starting her shift. So much drama. Welcome to adulthood.

Happy Tuesday:)

Carole, I was surprised that air conditioning is not needed in the UK? There's no humidity either? I am in awe that you don't melt in the Florida heat and humidity! I've lived in the South, and even Florida is hard to take some times, LOL.

SueM: Congrats on your upcoming trip on Wednesday!!!! Have a great time.
It's interesting to hear that you have the Dragon Boat Races too, and that Canada won!!! Our teams are just local businesses of mostly out of shape people who are racing. I know there are some "professional" type teams that travel all over to participate. The Canadian team won here too, and they usually win year after year. I think their name is Hydraheads, but am not sure. Do you live in N. USA close to CAnada like we do???

Keisha: Well, it seems there are now 2 of us who love fish eyes, LOL! I love the homemade tapioca that you have to cook, and then wait for what seems like forever, for it to cool down. I make a double batch and eat most of it! Roger knows I love it, so he let's me pig out on it.

Charade: I'm curious as to what your sewing project is? I do some sewing, but mostly quilting. I usually have a project or two going at the same time. I saw the comments about leaving the windows open during a bad storm. I have never heard of that around here and have never tried it. We had horrible storms in the South but I never did it there either.?

LynneG: Congrats on only less than 4 weeks to go for your trip:)

Nothing too exciting going on today. I cleaned the spare bedroom getting ready for our company next week. I did laundry and hung it out, and that's about it today. We will have left over stew for supper. I Love meals that you can have for leftovers the next day.
My daughter is doing better with the separation anxiety. She is going to visit Grace tomorrow, so she's happy. It's about a 3 hour drive and almost to the cities, so it's a long day.

Hope to write more later this week:)

ruth

I feel your pain….
hot at my place also but only noticed that when I went outside to get the mail today

Charade: I'm curious as to what your sewing project is? I do some sewing, but mostly quilting. I usually have a project or two going at the same time. I saw the comments about leaving the windows open during a bad storm. I have never heard of that around here and have never tried it. We had horrible storms in the South but I never did it there either.?
What I do is cross stitch. It was a hobby of mine years ago, but I stopped doing it when B was born. I just recently started stitching again. I’ll post a picture of my current project when I finish it. Here are a few of my old projects.

IMG_9557.jpeg

IMG_9556.jpeg

IMG_1107.jpeg

IMG_9558.jpeg

I’m not the one who leaves windows open during a storm. I didn’t know that was a thing until recently.

Funny, I did the same cross stitching untl my kids were born too, Charade. I have yet to pick it up, and started quilting lately. Great pictures you did . Most of what I stitched was given to family and friends.

Bits of rain, but not much at all. 1/2 an inch so far. Very large raindrops when we went to pick up Chinese food, that the kids said was in mood for. Right up the street from us, and so hot temp, as they cook to order and are pretty good at being ready when they said would be done, and we get there usually as they are packing it up. Full and sipping my tea.

Still raining, with very light rain. but weather news says any rain in my area should be done before the hour ends. Then the rain moves out and we get dry days for the rest of the week. Woot!

Hope all have a most peaceful night, and woot for Sue starting her trip tomorrow. Camel will say have lots of fun. He’s happy the rain will be gone shortly and tomorrow, partly cloudy and 85 degrees the high.

What I do is cross stitch. It was a hobby of mine years ago, but I stopped doing it when B was born. I just recently started stitching again. I’ll post a picture of my current project when I finish it. Here are a few of my old projects.

View attachment 785568

View attachment 785569

View attachment 785570

View attachment 785571

I’m not the one who leaves windows open during a storm. I didn’t know that was a thing until recently.
Wow, Charade, those are absolutely beautiful. I love the eagle especially. That looks like a lot of work. I have done a little cross stitch but not recently, and not like yours:)
I used to crochet when I was in my 20's and a young mom. Then quit until about 5 years ago. I've been making lots of crocheted items and still love to do it. It's nice to pick up an old hobby that we have let go years ago and find pleasure in it again. My problem is I have too many hobbies now. I crochet, quilt, and sew, but it keeps me busy over the long winter months. I can't wait to see your new project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter