• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Teenage jet, lol. Charade
I love it. I’ll have to remember that one. The plane that takes me from Charlotte to Orlando will be larger.

Have had a witch of a headache off & on all
Day to point my eyes are crossing. My stomach just lurches then, can tell when that happens without lookiNg. All Motrin’d out.
Hope that goes away soon.

I thot of the small Cessna. I chartered to fly over Kaui today. Owned bigger minivans
I flew in a Cessna once. Never again. It was only a about 15 minutes, but I hated every minute of it. I’ve also had a short flight in a helicopter. It wasn’t as bad as the Cessna.

I’m watching Harry Potter while working on my stitching project. This one is a picture I started for dh about 25 years ago. It was abandoned for many years and I’m finally finishing it up.

No propellers. This is what I will be flying.

View attachment 784725

That`s not much bigger than a private plane, but yes, at least it doesn`t have propellors.

It`s not often we see planes like that with the engine at the rear of the plane, I always think 1970`s planes when I see them.

Day to point my eyes are crossing. My stomach just lurches then, can tell when that happens without lookiNg. All Motrin’d out.

Starting to think these just might be migraines. Have had happen now & again for decades. Today’s apparently my day

Ruth it’s a win to find that dress in a day! Sorry for the water works, sometimes a good cry can be a good thing

Carole my crowd was not happy with me when I impulsively spied a dress on my own, tried it on & that was it for me lol. Fell in love with a scarlet O’Hara vibed Chantilly lace, hoop skirted number. The shoes, however, took me forever to find

I thot of the small Cessna. I chartered to fly over Kaui today. Owned bigger minivans.

View attachment 784750

It was rated for three adults & their gear, not a pound over 520# total. Yes, you had to step on a scale with your gear.

File it under the idea it seemed better on paper. Took all my nerve to climb into it. Kept looking at the line propeller. Beautiful time tho, glad I went outside my comfort zone

View attachment 784742
View attachment 784744
View attachment 784743

Oh that is small!!! Nope.....the only time I had to get in a small plane was in the UAE through Tom`s company, scared the bejeesus out of me, we didn`t land, we practically dropped like a stone. Never again!!!! In Norway once we were supposed to get on one of those little seaplane things......hell no! We ended up travelling by train and it took 5 hours as opposed to a 40 minute flight.....lol....I was popular that day! Although to be fair, the train was beautiful and the journey was lovely so I was forgiven...... ::yes::

The view does look lovely though. But stepping on a scale.....:scared1: We only ever did that once for a helicopter ride, never again. The scales were kind as I was a lot younger and slimmer, but I hated the helicopter!!

That dress was for you wasn`t it. I remember it and it is beautiful, it suited you. I knew I wanted that hoop style Scarlett o Hara dress....I didn`t get quite as big a hoop as I planned, but as soon as I saw it, I knew it was mine.

Our village has a little fun day going on day, Summer Fete with lots of different stalls, one of my friends has a stall selling her baking all proceeds to go to a local charity. Always a nice event that most of the village turns out to.

Village is not a word I ever hear used in America by Americans, I`ve asked several folks if they have ever heard it used and seems it`s a no. Strange. Or maybe not so strange. 🤔

So, we`ll pop along to that today, hope the weather keeps up, looks nice now but it is still very breezy. Lightning is forecast later so hope it keeps away till it`s all over.

Bacon with maybe a poached egg this morning on toast, lunch will be grabbed at the fete, they always have some gorgeous local produce available and plenty of choices and dinner is Thai Takeout for us tonight. We always like supporting local businesses when we can.....it helps they have amazing food!!!

And might be a late one tonight as we try to catch the meteor shower, it`s promising to be quite spectacular, so if we are more or less cloud free we should see it.

But, for now more tea.......it`s a beautiful morning and once Tom is up we`ll enjoy some more with breakfast.

cv40-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend :sunny:

Last edited:
Ah always up. Like that I can see English football in the early mornings now. Guess too many fans, as game I’m watching now has been delayed a half hour, as looks like a huge line of fans waiting outside. Yapping for the next 30 minutes, so I’ll switch shows until the hour. Hoping they do start then.

Ah that glorious sunshine start. 69 degrees and as we get some isolate thunderstorm warnings for the next 24 hours. Yep, that wind is coming from the south, so we are going to move from the lower degree right now to the high of close to 90 degrees late in the afternoon. And the humidity has also returned. Sticky icky with dew point at 65 percent. No dark color clothes on today. Swear they make you feel hotter.

And so, hope Keisha’s headache has gone away. Migraines are not good at all. I hope feeling good this morning.

Mac, hope those cats let you sleep some this morning.

Charade, hope the sewing project gets finished this year. Nice you got the idea to pick it up again. Will be nice to meet up with you next month.

And so, a huge mall visit, as little one ordered an item, and got notice was available yesterday. So she wanted to pick it up from a store in that huge mall today. But as the fact she was up late last night, will be interested if she gets moving before or after older one does, as he works today.

And DH is outside, hoping to do yard work later this morning. Time of year, the grass starts not growing as fast, so I don’t think he’s going to mow, but edge the lawn instead, and trim the rest of our bushes he didn’t get to last week. Good he works in the coolest part of the morning. Last weekend, he had issues again with heat exhaustion, so I’m watching him closely today.

Ah that early morning with sunshine pouring through our windows. Happy homie. Like rocking my shades in that full sunshine in a clear sky.

Super happy Saturday to all.

:wave2: Making a quick Saturday morning stop in!

Busy last few days at the homecare job. Yesterday was a gong show. All I'm going to say is that the IT guy that came to work on our equipment yesterday was a complete moron on a powertrip. He tried to take away our desk laptop because we explained out how and what we needed on our desktop for our job - he was like this is what you need :scratchin Why are you mansplaining or ITsplaining what I need - when I/We know what we need to have to do our job. Had a to get the manager of the whole department to step in and put him back into line. Now we all have to file reports of the incident blah blah blah. Ugh...I'm still ticked off about it.

Weather is nice-ish lol. Cooler and windy today. Not sure what dh and boys have planned while I'm at work, but I"m sure they will find something to do.

Everyone is talking about countdowns so thought I would get in on the fun. My countdown is
:cheer2: IT will go fast now!
GD informed me today that ‘we’ needed supplies to make friendship bracelets to trade there. I blame that $40 Amazon order on Taylor Swift
That sounds like an awesome excuse! No tickets for us. Dd found a couple of the expensive tickets - and she declined buying them. And would rather have that amount spent on something different.
I used to be jealous of those that lived in the South until living here.

Now I don’t
That is me now!!! You deserve each day that you get to enjoy where you are. After years of living in a cold climate - it's everyone's dream to do that!!!!!
Well, I finally know what a wedding dress trying on event is! I bet Grace tried on 100 dresses in 2 hours! Actually, she tried on about a dozen before she finally found "The One". It was the last one she tried on, and it is really beautiful! Sigh........
Her best friend started crying, and then Grace started crying, then daughter Robin, then the grooms Mom, and Graces sisterinlaw, and ME! I can't help it. If someone cries I jump right into the cryathon!!! :sad:. We weren't crying about the dress, but about her leaving Today:( But she should be there by now and unpacking. I imagine there will be a lot of trips to St Cloud to visit in the future:)
That's awesome!!! It's always a fun day!!!!
I’m watching Harry Potter while working on my stitching project. This one is a picture I started for dh about 25 years ago. It was abandoned for many years and I’m finally finishing it up.
Wow - that's great that you are picking up where you left off on it and not completely abandoning it.
DH is outside, hoping to do yard work later this morning. Time of year, the grass starts not growing as fast,
DH was outside cutting grass last night. We have had so much rain the last few weeks - ours is still tall and very green yet.

Oh that is small!!! Nope.....the only time I had to get in a small plane was in the UAE through Tom`s company, scared the bejeesus out of me, we didn`t land, we practically dropped like a stone. Never again!!!! In Norway once we were supposed to get on one of those little seaplane things......hell no! We ended up travelling by train and it took 5 hours as opposed to a 40 minute flight.....lol....I was popular that day! Although to be fair, the train was beautiful and the journey was lovely so I was forgiven...... ::yes::
When we flight out of here - the commercial carrier uses what we call the eggbeater. It has two big props on each wing. There is only one flight out of here on a bigger plane - all the other are the eggbeater prop planes. Not my favorite either - but it's cheaper on fuel for the carrier to have this smaller one with more flights coming in than larger ones. With a crew they hold about 104 people I believe...so it's not just a little plane. Thank goodness those flights are only 1 - 1/1/12 hrs long.

But I did notice that our leaves have done the slight subtle turn of green meaning that fall will be arriving soon here. Which doesn't surprise me. We have had a cooler summer - with many cool nights. This morning - I had to put my defrost on to get the fog and humidity off my windshield :sad:

Well, I should get started on my day here. I have lots of little things to do to get schedules ready to send out for next week.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

:wave2: Making a quick Saturday morning stop in!

Busy last few days at the homecare job. Yesterday was a gong show. All I'm going to say is that the IT guy that came to work on our equipment yesterday was a complete moron on a powertrip. He tried to take away our desk laptop because we explained out how and what we needed on our desktop for our job - he was like this is what you need :scratchin Why are you mansplaining or ITsplaining what I need - when I/We know what we need to have to do our job. Had a to get the manager of the whole department to step in and put him back into line. Now we all have to file reports of the incident blah blah blah. Ugh...I'm still ticked off about it.

Weather is nice-ish lol. Cooler and windy today. Not sure what dh and boys have planned while I'm at work, but I"m sure they will find something to do.

:cheer2: IT will go fast now!

That sounds like an awesome excuse! No tickets for us. Dd found a couple of the expensive tickets - and she declined buying them. And would rather have that amount spent on something different.

That is me now!!! You deserve each day that you get to enjoy where you are. After years of living in a cold climate - it's everyone's dream to do that!!!!!

That's awesome!!! It's always a fun day!!!!

Wow - that's great that you are picking up where you left off on it and not completely abandoning it.

DH was outside cutting grass last night. We have had so much rain the last few weeks - ours is still tall and very green yet.

When we flight out of here - the commercial carrier uses what we call the eggbeater. It has two big props on each wing. There is only one flight out of here on a bigger plane - all the other are the eggbeater prop planes. Not my favorite either - but it's cheaper on fuel for the carrier to have this smaller one with more flights coming in than larger ones. With a crew they hold about 104 people I believe...so it's not just a little plane. Thank goodness those flights are only 1 - 1/1/12 hrs long.

But I did notice that our leaves have done the slight subtle turn of green meaning that fall will be arriving soon here. Which doesn't surprise me. We have had a cooler summer - with many cool nights. This morning - I had to put my defrost on to get the fog and humidity off my windshield :sad:

Well, I should get started on my day here. I have lots of little things to do to get schedules ready to send out for next week.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Our grass is growing like crazy, mix of heat and lots and lots of rain!! But out gardener was happy to get the lawns mowed last week in between bouts of rain.

Nothing worse than a so called expert who knows less than we do!!

Eggbeater.....lol......yep no way would I get on those little planes!! I still miss the Jumbo Jets.....4 engines of sheer power!!!

Have a good weekend Pumpkin and hope work goes quickly!!

We had a lovely time at the garden fete in our village today, it was very busy and weather held out nicely, it was too hot at times! Looks like they made a decent amount for the charity which is always good.

Grabbed some snacks there which are all home made and very tempting, we stuck to savoury today except for my friend Felicity`s stall where I did buy some toffee apple slices, incredibly sweet but perfect with a cuppa.

Came home and went down to pick some plums as we knew there were some ripe for picking and noticed some of the sunflowers we planted have started to flower. This is the biggest one and is around 7 feet tall now.

i-jTsfbqJ-XL.jpg

Tom is making us a cuppa right now, not having takeout till later, but I`m quite peckish, snacks were nice for lunch but not overly filling. Maybe have a little toffee apple slice to keep us going......or maybe a cocktail as it`s five o clock somewhere.....and Saturday!!!

Wicked storms kicked up around 10 pm. My dog literally spent the night between top of head & the headboard. I’m a zombie. Going to look into edibles for him. Supposedly, safer than the rx. Most I’ve talked to on planes say they use for their crated pets

Our village has a little fun day going on day, Summer Fete with lots of different stalls, one of my friends has a stall selling her baking all proceeds to go to a local charity. Always a nice event that most of the village turns out to.
Sounds nice. Only the Amish call their areas villages here & the large senior communities where people are put out to pasture

Detest those commercials for developments that crow “looking for a place for mom?” How about mom is a grown woman and can make her own decisions?

Every time I hear village, my mind adds idiot :crazy:

People here tend to refer to their location as: name of whatever township, Borough, town, city or county

Village is not a word I ever hear used in America by Americans, I`ve asked several folks if they have ever heard it used and seems it`s a no. Strange. Or maybe not so strange. 🤔

Now we all have to file reports of the incident blah blah blah. Ugh...I'm still ticked off about it.
Somebody’s covering their hinny
No tickets for us. Dd found a couple of the expensive tickets - and she declined buying them. And would rather have that amount spent on something different.
Smart kid
But I did notice that our leaves have done the slight subtle turn of green meaning that fall will be arriving soon here.
Accompanied by the smell of pumpkin spice? Lol

Freely admit to being the official fall grinch. What’s odd here is that scourge goldenrod hasn’t bloomed yet. It’s late, like my tomatoes lol

Wicked storms kicked up around 10 pm. My dog literally spent the night between top of head & the headboard. I’m a zombie. Going to look into edibles for him. Supposedly, safer than the rx. Most I’ve talked to planes say they use for their crated pets

Sounds nice. Only the Amish call their areas villages here & the large senior communities where people are put out to pasture

Every time I hear village, my mind adds idiot :crazy:

People here tend to refer to their location as: name of whatever township, Borough, town, city or county

Somebody’s covering their hinny

Smart kid

Accompanied by the smell of pumpkin spice? Lol

Freely admit to being the official fall grinch. What’s odd here is that scourge goldenrod hasn’t bloomed yet. It’s late, like my tomatoes lol

Just missed you posting.......:wave2:

lol....oh I do know someone who is acting like a village idiot!!!!

Yes, it`s not common in the US apparently, villages tend to be small, cute and old, not all of course.....someone last night said it could be described they lived in the suburbs of a city....close enough!

oh your poor puppy!!! Storms and fireworks with pets just don`t mix, such a shame to see them so petrified!

Zombies aren`t so bad.......lol......

1691854828995.jpeg

Lynne
who is your favorite English football player?

Just back from Publix.
Mr Mac returns home today and told him light dinner of rare roast beef Boar for dinner with caesar salad

So he better not stop for fast food when he is half hour from home!

Oh I thought it was tomorrow he got back.....glad it`s today though, I`m sure he`ll get the biggest hug!!

Rare roast beef......yum!!!

Good Saturday morning everyone :wave:
IMG_1540.gif

IMG_1541.jpeg

IMG_1755.jpeg

IMG_1677.jpeg

IMG_1756.gif

IMG_1758.gif

As the tea drinker of the group Robbie, I will definitely take a cuppa from you....nothing quite like it!!!
Hope your tea is strong and yummy this morning. Sounds like you had a nice time at the Village charity sale. It is always nice when folks come together for a good cause.

GD informed me today that ‘we’ needed supplies to make friendship bracelets to trade there. I blame that $40 Amazon order on Taylor Swift
I saw on the internet that Micheals store said they are selling out of the bead making supplies for the bracelets as the kiddos going to Taylor Swifts concert are making bracelets and trading them. I also read that Taylor Swift concert coming to Cities is generating millions for local economies.

I'm trying to get into better shape before my trip, but don't know how successful I will be.
Me too. Not having much luck yet. Just got out of my walking boot last week. I’am a work in progress. We will get there.

I hope your headache goes away and you feel better soon.

IT will go fast now!
Yes, it will. It will be time to leave before you know it. It seems that when the day arrives to leave initially things move slowly then the vacation is over before you know it.

What happened to the affordable concert tickets. I haven’t been to a concert in many moons.

Ruth I was invited to go with granddaughter for her dress search. I didn’t know it was an event now either. There were a number of us invited. I wanted to make sure no one tried to sway her one way or the other. It happened when she tried on one dress that an aunt piped up and said that is it. She looked at me to agree with her and I told her it is the brides decision and granddaughter would let us know when she had found her perfect dress.

I was a little surprised at how expensive wedding dresses and veils are these days. It was an upscale Bridal Salon with personal attendants and all the bells and whistles. Things have really changed since I shopped a wedding dress many moons ago.

Granddaugher was beautiful on her wedding day and the dress looked great on her.

I’am glad to hear you were invited to the dress shopping event. I’am sure she will be a beautiful bride on her special day.

Well I supposed to get up to go and do some grocery shopping early this morning. That did not happen. We had an early morning storm and I just did not feel like getting up. So I need to get moving.

We have been invited to hubby‘s cousins house for lunch tomorrow. I offered to bring dessert and a pineapple upside cake was requested so need to get things for that. Going to make some cookies to take along too.

It is
IMG_1759.gif
days until I leave for vacation. I think my little sis is coming again this year. It will be nice to have her along.

Need to get scootin. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.

Taking a break from cleaning. Dh’s friends are coming over in a few hours. I am not someone who enjoys entertaining especially when it is people I don’t know.

I had a disastrous morning. I went to empty a container of Damp-rid, dropped it and it spilled all over my bathroom floor. The stuff that dissolves as it is collecting water makes the water kind greasy. It got under the litter box mat and all over my new (just put down yesterday) bathmat. I ended up cleaning the floor with Dawn dish liquid. What a mess.

That`s not much bigger than a private plane, but yes, at least it doesn`t have propellors.
I don’t like the small planes, but oddly I don’t like the huge planes either. On our flight to Alaska we were in a plane that has 5 rows of seats in the middle. I don’t know why, but I felt uncomfortable on that flight.

Charade, hope the sewing project gets finished this year. Nice you got the idea to pick it up again. Will be nice to meet up with you next month.
I might actually have the project finished next week. Text me when you get to your hotel, or the day after, and we can make plans.

How annoying. My office is so small that we have to outsource our IT.

No tickets for us. Dd found a couple of the expensive tickets - and she declined buying them. And would rather have that amount spent on something different.
Sorry you weren’t able to get tickets. The price of concert tickets is just insane right now.

Well…..it was intended as a gift for dh and he knew I was making it, so I feel obligated to finish it.

Wicked storms kicked up around 10 pm. My dog literally spent the night between top of head & the headboard. I’m a zombie. Going to look into edibles for him. Supposedly, safer than the rx. Most I’ve talked to on planes say they use for their crated pets
Aw, poor little guy. Caspian hides under the bed during storms.

I’m waiting for my bathmat and slippers (another casualty of this morning) to dry and then I am goig to shower and get ready to meet these people dh has invited over.

Good Saturday morning everyone :wave:
View attachment 784882

View attachment 784883

View attachment 784880

View attachment 784881

View attachment 784879

View attachment 784878

Hope your tea is strong and yummy this morning. Sounds like you had a nice time at the Village charity sale. It is always nice when folks come together for a good cause.

I saw on the internet that Micheals store said they are selling out of the bead making supplies for the bracelets as the kiddos going to Taylor Swifts concert are making bracelets and trading them. I also read that Taylor Swift concert coming to Cities is generating millions for local economies.

Me too. Not having much luck yet. Just got out of my walking boot last week. I’am a work in progress. We will get there.

I hope your headache goes away and you feel better soon.

Yes, it will. It will be time to leave before you know it. It seems that when the day arrives to leave initially things move slowly then the vacation is over before you know it.

What happened to the affordable concert tickets. I haven’t been to a concert in many moons.

Ruth I was invited to go with granddaughter for her dress search. I didn’t know it was an event now either. There were a number of us invited. I wanted to make sure no one tried to sway her one way or the other. It happened when she tried on one dress that an aunt piped up and said that is it. She looked at me to agree with her and I told her it is the brides decision and granddaughter would let us know when she had found her perfect dress.

I was a little surprised at how expensive wedding dresses and veils are these days. It was an upscale Bridal Salon with personal attendants and all the bells and whistles. Things have really changed since I shopped a wedding dress many moons ago.

Granddaugher was beautiful on her wedding day and the dress looked great on her.

I’am glad to hear you were invited to the dress shopping event. I’am sure she will be a beautiful bride on her special day.

Well I supposed to get up to go and do some grocery shopping early this morning. That did not happen. We had an early morning storm and I just did not feel like getting up. So I need to get moving.

We have been invited to hubby‘s cousins house for lunch tomorrow. I offered to bring dessert and a pineapple upside cake was requested so need to get things for that. Going to make some cookies to take along too.

It is
View attachment 784877
days until I leave for vacation. I think my little sis is coming again this year. It will be nice to have her along.

Need to get scootin. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.

Village Fete`s are common over here, they have fun things for the kids to do and there is a lovely sense of community as everyone gets involved and helps where they can. I`m not sure what the American equivalent is.......but it was lovely.

I think most of us are a work in progress Robbie....we can but try!!!

Enjoy your time visiting relatives tomorrow, always a nice thing to do.

Taking a break from cleaning. Dh’s friends are coming over in a few hours. I am not someone who enjoys entertaining especially when it is people I don’t know.

I had a disastrous morning. I went to empty a container of Damp-rid, dropped it and it spilled all over my bathroom floor. The stuff that dissolves as it is collecting water makes the water kind greasy. It got under the litter box mat and all over my new (just put down yesterday) bathmat. I ended up cleaning the floor with Dawn dish liquid. What a mess.

I don’t like the small planes, but oddly I don’t like the huge planes either. On our flight to Alaska we were in a plane that has 5 rows of seats in the middle. I don’t know why, but I felt uncomfortable on that flight.

I might actually have the project finished next week. Text me when you get to your hotel, or the day after, and we can make plans.

How annoying. My office is so small that we have to outsource our IT.

Sorry you weren’t able to get tickets. The price of concert tickets is just insane right now.

Well…..it was intended as a gift for dh and he knew I was making it, so I feel obligated to finish it.

Aw, poor little guy. Caspian hides under the bed during storms.

I’m waiting for my bathmat and slippers (another casualty of this morning) to dry and then I am goig to shower and get ready to meet these people dh has invited over.

At least you do entertain Charade....we know someone, she is someone who always gets invited to all out get togethers and we have never known her once to host anything, not even have folks round for drinks, but she`s always talking about being at someone`s home, she`s nice enough, but just never hosts.

I`m the opposite as are most of our friends, we love entertaining, even if it`s folks we don`t really know, but I hope it goes well with them today.

Thai food ordered....should be delivered around 7.30, I am starving now!! I did put out some snack items earlier with a glass of chilled white wine, tried not to eat too much, must have worked as I`m hungry!

Then I think we`ll watch a movie, we still have two PotC to watch, might watch them.

Got an email from VA today saying there is a change to our next flight.....always a worry when we see that, but it`s a good change, we now leave an hour earlier going out and leave two hours later going home, not too bad, could have been worse.

My lovely husband has just poured me a rather nice looking glass of white wine, and not a small one either, although none of our glasses are small anyway, they`ve been described as aquariums with stems!!! True.

Need to go put the plates in to heat up, we hate cold plates with food, so they`re usually still sizzling when we bring them out. It`s a pet hate of ours if we go somewhere and the plates aren`t hot.

Love a Saturday night.......

1691864206571.png

🥴

The selection in local store last week was lame, to be charitable. Also, wildly expensive and no coupon applied. I do try to shop local, however, I’m at the point if it’s a chain, there is no difference between them and amazon.
I haven’t been involved in that for over 15 years. Do recall thinking I heard it wrong when just the veil for DiL was $800. Pretty sure my entire outfit was well under $200 and it was from a designer. Of course, that was back in the dark ages.
storms.

That sounds like an epic mess, lucky the color didn’t bleed out from the chemical.

Least the bathroom floor is **** & span? Lol. Enjoy your company
At least you do entertain Charade....we know someone, she is someone who always gets invited to all out get togethers and we have never known her once to host anything, not even have folks round for drinks,
I get some people are uncomfortable with idea of entertaining in general. My thought is to invite those who have hosted you at least once a year out to dinner, even if it’s just a moderate/casual place.

The selection in local store last week was lame, to be charitable. Also, wildly expensive and no coupon applied. I do try to shop local, however, I’m at the point if it’s a chain, there is no difference between them and amazon.

I haven’t been involved in that for over 15 years. Do recall thinking I heard it wrong when just the veil for DiL was $800. Pretty sure my entire outfit was well under $200 and it was from a designer. Of course, that was back in the dark ages.

That sounds like an epic mess, lucky the color didn’t bleed out from the chemical.

Least the bathroom floor is **** & span? Lol. Enjoy your company

I get some people are uncomfortable with idea of entertaining in general. My thought is to invite those who have hosted you at least once a year out to dinner, even if it’s just a moderate/casual place.

I agree, it`s only polite to reciprocate. She`s not someone I`m particularly close to, but she is always invited to most events if she`s around. I think we all know someone like that though. I personally couldn`t be the guest all the time, I would feel like a moocher, but with all my friend groups we all share hosting which is lovely, but there`s always one.

Thai food was really good last night!!! And they did make one of the dishes we ordered spicy although it`s not described as such, but both dishes were so tasty and fresh. This is a tiny little place but one of the best places for Thai food around.

We had some cloud last night but looking out to sea we did manage to see some of the meteor shower last night, well early hours of this morning!! What were we thinking! Thankfully it was mild outside but generally too much cloud to see how spectacular it was, but you could see some of it and it was clear to the naked eye, you didn`t need any equipment.

Who needs sleep anyway!!!

Looks a pretty non eventful day out there, possible rain this morning and then average weather. We have some shopping to go out for, then not a lot today. We have a couple of steaks for dinner tonight, filet for me, Tom fancied a sirloin, his looks about four times the size of mine!! They do look good though, cajun chicken in a wrap with salad for lunch and bacon for breakfast!!

On my second pot of tea, but I`ve been up since around 5ish, couldn`t really get back to sleep after we came in around 2.30am. I might snooze today.

cv33-S.jpg

cv26-S.jpg

cv99-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :sunny:

It's Sunday!!!! Too bad I'm working lol. That's alright - I get paid decent $$$ to work weekends - and it's not every weekend ;)

Busy day at work yesterday - there are always little fires to deal with. Yesterday it was mandating that people to pick who was staying to cover the 1 hr gap until the night nurse started. I threatened to pull names from a hat if they didn't decide. Someone had to stay as there was a sick call - and of course it was the person who was to start and stay later to cover time gaps. So much fun. I'm sure they have choice words about me now :lmao:

I came to home to the house NOT filled with the smell of something cooking. Dh and ended up hitting the local bbq joint we like to go to. Both ds had plans for last night. The nerve of them NOT wanting to hang out on a Saturday night with their parents :laughing: I'm glad they are going out and having social time with their friends again.

Going to look into edibles for him. Supposedly, safer than the rx. Most I’ve talked to on planes say they use for their crated pets
My daughter has some for one of their little guys. He doesn't travel well in a vehicle. That really helps him.
Just back from Publix.
Mr Mac returns home today and told him light dinner of rare roast beef Boar for dinner with caesar salad
Give your Mr a big hug!!!! Sounds like a fantastic meal - I would probably drop in to see if you have extra if I lived close to you.
That's awesome!!! I'm hopeful that as we ( my sisters and I ) get older that we can start to do things like that together. My youngest sister still has younger kids (13 & 9) so a few more years for her - and her girls won't need her as much anymore and she will gain her freedom again.
We had some cloud last night but looking out to sea we did manage to see some of the meteor shower last night, well early hours of this morning!! What were we thinking! Thankfully it was mild outside but generally too much cloud to see how spectacular it was, but you could see some of it and it was clear to the naked eye, you didn`t need any equipment.
I went out to look too (before I went to bed) - but it was overcast here last night. I haven't hit social media yet to see if anyone caught some good images locally. There was lots of talk about it on a local facebook group.

@Charade67 UGH....that would be a icky mess to clean up. Dawn dishsoap to the rescue! I use it for some may things!!!! I also keep a bottle of the premixed TSP on hand for those gross disgusting greasy messes and when something just won't wipe off no matter how hard you scrub. One spray of that they takes care of lots of stuff too.

Well, I should get the last of the schedules sorted before I send them out later today. I'm sure the HCA's will be checking in soon - and my phone will be going off like crazy.

Have a great day everyone - later gators :wave2:

Carole - thanks, I’ve got a new cat meme in my back pocket now lololol

Mac - i had to stare at it for a hot minute before it hit me why it was edited out.
:blush:
Surely, wasn’t an intended slur. Guess it shows even innocuous comments can be taken out of context as there are hot button words galore.

the storms indeed came thru last night. one wave only hit the front side of the house. The same path the microburst took years past.

I leave windows open in a storm if possible, as it’s said to help equalize pressure In bad situations. Sills were completely dry on the back side of house.

still, we had the upper half of a double hung blown in & off the track in one of the front windows. made a horrible noise and was just hanging there awkwardly while water poured into the house. Seemed like the rain was blowing sideways & straight into the house

Glad i had a table cloth on the DR table with a waxy sort of coating as it quickly had a pool of water upon it. No issue with the finish.

the mr was eventually able to get the window sorta seated back on track. I tried to help, probably just got in the way. they are heavier than they look. He looked like he had hopped into the pool fully clothed. Today, will give it a better eyeball to see if he can fix it properly.

i kept waiting to come down this AM and find more windows in same shape, all good :).

I honestly can’t imagine how people feel & manage to cope after a total disaster hits their homes. It seems so common lately.

This happened nearby yesterday AM. Would you believe as of the evening the gas company hadn’t made an appearance? The 2nd link shows a video camera that caught the actual explosion.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-...s20said20An20eighth20person20remains20missing

https://www.wtae.com/article/plum-house-explosion-doorbell-camera-video/44800826#

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter