Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah Keisha even thought out your way, that Plum city news was in my news feed. Scary, three houses, with that blast. Thinking natural gas leak or something like that. Wow, to video of the blast.

☀️ is my weather. Glorious blue sky. 90 the high and already in mid 80’s right now. Before the clouds and the storms come in the evening.

Sigh. End of my three day relaxing. Alarm set, and trash to curb in that early evening. Hopefully not in a downpour.

Ack to rain in house and window issue Keisha. Funny, as never heard of opening windows for weather pressure reasons. Last week’s storms had confirmed two tornadoes not that far west from me. Ooh, summer storms can be rain dumps wherever you are. Glad to hear you were okay with your storms last night, Keisha. Sending the sunshine out to you.

Hope work goes fast for you Pumpkin. Hope you got to Timmy’s this morning.

Super happy Sunday to all.

Countdown for Sue is less than a week. Woot!

T minus less than two weeks, then less than 4 weeks. Which reminds me as need to renew little one’s pass. I don’t buy it for her every year, but last year, we went enough times, I renewed it. Since she’s going with me both Fall trips, I’m renewing it agsin. At least she’ll get the bonus three months, and will be more in line with my renewal date.

Ooh I broke my hair tie. I hope little one has a spare for me. When the humidity is high, like this morning, very puffy hair am I. Plus, with the full sunshine, hat on today too. Lizard living this glorious sunshine, and warm feeling day.

Lynne made me look…

22 days for our first fall countdown!

53 till the 2nd Columbus Day weekend one :banana:

Pretty sure letting my APs go as we really don’t go into the parks during the day for HHN.

have a 7 day P2P stockpiled, old AAA one, we eventually need to use

there’s a tix offer out there somewhere many seem to be buying with intent to hold it.

It's Sunday!!!! Too bad I'm working lol. That's alright - I get paid decent $$$ to work weekends - and it's not every weekend ;)

Busy day at work yesterday - there are always little fires to deal with. Yesterday it was mandating that people to pick who was staying to cover the 1 hr gap until the night nurse started. I threatened to pull names from a hat if they didn't decide. Someone had to stay as there was a sick call - and of course it was the person who was to start and stay later to cover time gaps. So much fun. I'm sure they have choice words about me now :lmao:

I came to home to the house NOT filled with the smell of something cooking. Dh and ended up hitting the local bbq joint we like to go to. Both ds had plans for last night. The nerve of them NOT wanting to hang out on a Saturday night with their parents :laughing: I'm glad they are going out and having social time with their friends again.

My daughter has some for one of their little guys. He doesn't travel well in a vehicle. That really helps him.

Give your Mr a big hug!!!! Sounds like a fantastic meal - I would probably drop in to see if you have extra if I lived close to you.

That's awesome!!! I'm hopeful that as we ( my sisters and I ) get older that we can start to do things like that together. My youngest sister still has younger kids (13 & 9) so a few more years for her - and her girls won't need her as much anymore and she will gain her freedom again.

I went out to look too (before I went to bed) - but it was overcast here last night. I haven't hit social media yet to see if anyone caught some good images locally. There was lots of talk about it on a local facebook group.

@Charade67 UGH....that would be a icky mess to clean up. Dawn dishsoap to the rescue! I use it for some may things!!!! I also keep a bottle of the premixed TSP on hand for those gross disgusting greasy messes and when something just won't wipe off no matter how hard you scrub. One spray of that they takes care of lots of stuff too.

Well, I should get the last of the schedules sorted before I send them out later today. I'm sure the HCA's will be checking in soon - and my phone will be going off like crazy.

Have a great day everyone - later gators :wave2:

Yes, kids should be out with friends for sure, especially on the weekends! It was too long a lockdown for them not to be hanging around the house.....

There were plenty of pics posted of it, I think we were unlucky as further up and down the coast from us were much clearer, but the pictures are amazing.

Have a lovely and fast Sunday.

Carole - thanks, I’ve got a new cat meme in my back pocket now lololol

Mac - i had to stare at it for a hot minute before it hit me why it was edited out.
:blush:
Surely, wasn’t an intended slur. Guess it shows even innocuous comments can be taken out of context as there are hot button words galore.

the storms indeed came thru last night. one wave only hit the front side of the house. The same path the microburst took years past.

I leave windows open in a storm if possible, as it’s said to help equalize pressure In bad situations. Sills were completely dry on the back side of house.

still, we had the upper half of a double hung blown in & off the track in one of the front windows. made a horrible noise and was just hanging there awkwardly while water poured into the house. Seemed like the rain was blowing sideways & straight into the house

Glad i had a table cloth on the DR table with a waxy sort of coating as it quickly had a pool of water upon it. No issue with the finish.

the mr was eventually able to get the window sorta seated back on track. I tried to help, probably just got in the way. they are heavier than they look. He looked like he had hopped into the pool fully clothed. Today, will give it a better eyeball to see if he can fix it properly.

i kept waiting to come down this AM and find more windows in same shape, all good :).

I honestly can’t imagine how people feel & manage to cope after a total disaster hits their homes. It seems so common lately.

This happened nearby yesterday AM. Would you believe as of the evening the gas company hadn’t made an appearance? The 2nd link shows a video camera that caught the actual explosion.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-...s20said20An20eighth20person20remains20missing

https://www.wtae.com/article/plum-house-explosion-doorbell-camera-video/44800826#

lol.....I do like a good cat meme! Heck most meme`s are funny.

The filter is funny at times, I remember not being able to mention a certain type of mushroom.....odd, but you don`t always think of that when you type.

Holy moly what a horrible story, god love them and no gas company?? They should have been out instantly. I can`t see the video as it`s not allowed in our region, but my goodness that must have terrified folks around them.

Sounds one heck of a storm you had though, yes, we like to leave windows open when it`s stormy.

Lynne made me look…

22 days for our first fall countdown!

53 till the 2nd Columbus Day weekend one :banana:

Pretty sure letting my APs go as we really don’t go into the parks during the day for HHN.

have a 7 day P2P stockpiled, old AAA one, we eventually need to use

there’s a tix offer out there somewhere many seem to be buying with intent to hold it.

I just mentioned my countdown the other day!! You have a couple of good ones there......

Ended up being a lovely day.....although we have a weather warning for rain tomorrow, so I doubt we`ll be walking far if anywhere. I do need to go out, our best friends in Scotland are grandparents again, so I need to go buy some gifts and send them up for the baby, she sent some pictures, another adorable baby boy for them. So I have to go out and get that sorted.

Warm but breezy here, so steaks will be cooked inside tonight, they`ll still be as nice with me cooking them.

Spoke to my cousin in LI today, always a pleasure chatting to her and we have such a laugh along the way. Hoping she get to come back over to visit us next year again. Her daughter gets married this Nov, we were invited but it`s just too close to our trip to make it, but I look forward to seeing those pictures.

Time for some tea......too early for dinner yet....

Pondering on an issue that keeps popping up and making a fool of itself......decided with friends for now........

cv71-Th.jpg

:rotfl:

Steaks were so good tonight! Rare steaks and sides were all good too, had some buttered ginger cake as dessert with our tea, so we are quite full, no need for snacks tonight.

Almost bedtime here, as we were up most of the night trying to see the meteor shower, we are ready for bed tonight, even though it`s barely 10pm. Didn`t manage a snooze today, so we`ll sleep in a heartbeat.

Started watching the tv show Evil tonight with Michael Emmerson, it is really good!!! I think we`re addicted already, I sense a binge watch when we do settle down to watch it.

Loads of rain expected tomorrow, so no plans so far, we`ll play it by ear.

Have a lovely Sunday night....... ☺️

Sigh, behind again! Good to hear everyone’s well, no Covid. Bleck. I heard on News that some strain is on the rise in the US.
Hope nobody was affected by the big storm on east coast, Georgia? I‘ve barely had time to watch the news. It’s been pretty busy here.

Our church had a big Afternoon Tea last Thursday. Lots of wonderful home baked goodies.
Last week I also had my appt with oncologist at Cancer Centre. I need radiation. The good part is things have improved since my last go around, and they’re now doing targeted radiation mostly instead of entire area.
Every day the past 2 weeks ive had something going on.

Started pulling clothes out to wash and pack, just have to do a quick touch up with iron. Suitcases are out. Now must go thru non clothing things to take. Toiletries, shoes etc, park bags….have to find my water shoes for VB.
Will continue with sorting thru what I’m packing tomorrow after morning doctor appt. May nip into drug store after appt to pick up some Polysporin eye drops just incase. Daughter sometimes gets eye infection while we’re away. Maybe pool? And I found out in the US it’s an Rx to get it. Here it’s not, so always good to have on hand.

My daughter & I leave Wednesday evening. Arrive at MCO 7:40ish AM Thursday. Just peeked at Orlando forecast. Seems like temps are similar to home. Having a heat wave here, was 90F in the shade on our patio this afternoon when I got home from lunch with old workmates from ophthalmology group. Only difference is we don’t get the east coast humidity.
Someone posted a pic of RPC check in queue today :faint: eek!

Schumi seems like I do similar coleslaw with mayo and sour cream except I add chopped apple rather then the sultanas or cranberries as I can’t have those.

Keisha are gators normally in your area?

Waiting for it to cool down enough to walk the dogs. Maybe by 8:00.

Anyone see the meteor shower?

Well I don’t generally but I line dried my clothing and some things are looking wrinkled. When I take them straight out of the dryer I don’t iron them.

I don’t know any one that irons anymore unless it is schumi

I don’t even own an iron

Did someone mention ironing.......😊

Yep I iron most things, some things come out the dryer and can get away with not needing ironing, but I still think some items do need ironed and if they`ve been on the line, definitely need ironed. I feel like an unmade bed if my clothes haven`t been ironed.

Yes, we woke up to a downpour this morning. I think I heard it start somewhere around 4am and looks to be on for a while, I`m glad we don`t have a dog this morning! One of those mornings I really should have stayed snuggled up in bed!!

Sent the goddaughter who is starting her new job in London this morning a txt wishing her well, she replied straight away saying she is feeling mostly good and excited, just a little nervous. She knows the hospital well as she has done some training/work there so it`s not completely strange. She`ll be fabulous.

Feels quite autumnal this morning so might make a one tray chicken dish tonight in honey balsamic and mustard dressing, chicken thighs, tiny baby potatoes and a selection of veg to roast with it, always works well with some added spice and seasoning. Lunch is a bacon, brie and cranberry grilled sandwich and poached egg on toast for breakfast, food sorted for the day.

So a day at home for us which we quite enjoy for a change, don`t think we have anyone dropping in on us, but we never know.

I think we`ll be enjoying lots of tea today, on my second cup now.

1691992869847.jpeg

cv35-S.jpg

cv37-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday 🍪🫖🧁

No Autumn here. Roasting under a heat advisory. Was low 90’s yesterday. Sooo hot in the house, it’s 4am ugh I woke at 3:30 and can’t seem to get back to sleep.

Ack She, hope you can get back to sleep. That is hot weather for you. We don’t see fall start until late in September. Grass mowing can be heard until at least mid September.

We have a cloudy, but bright enough sky this morning. Last night’s thunderstorm warnings was we got nothing. No rain to speak of. But saying that storm system that hit Keisha’s area is is going to be around me tonight. Phone says rain chances in the wee hours of the overnight. That’s okay. At least when most are sound asleep.

Ah up early, with that week day routine all week this week. Sigh. But next week, moving my lazy Friday, to Thursday, as have a day long class on Friday. As such, may start packing on my lazy Thursday and do errands then, as ending the week with that predawn flight. Though I can see wash being done early Friday night. That last minute packing people we are.

And so tea drinking and screen viewing homie here,

Hope all have a most Marvelous Monday.

No Autumn here. Roasting under a heat advisory. Was low 90’s yesterday. Sooo hot in the house, it’s 4am ugh I woke at 3:30 and can’t seem to get back to sleep.

I`m sure your aircon was in overdrive and hope you got back to sleep!

So much rain today!!! It hasn`t stopped at all and now seems to be getting heavier here again, it was supposed to be off by now here. One of our friends who lives 20 minutes inland to us says it`s dried up there now. Joys of living next to the sea.

We have spent the day in the kitchen, me cooking and baking, Tom and I watching movies and he`s helping me clear up as I go along, he`s good like that and he`s stopping to make us copious amounts of tea. Just finished making the meat and sauce for lasagne which will be dinner tomorrow night, I like to make it a day or so ahead to let the flavours blend together more. Will make an extra large one and give it up to the farm tomorrow too.

Other than that, it`s been a quiet day in the kitchen and just the two of us, no one dropped in although the texters were out in force!!! I did get the impression someone wants a bigger tv in here.....nope, all the other tv`s in our home are too big as it is, I like the size of this one in here, it`s rarely on apart from watching music channels or days like today where it`s too miserable to go out.

Sitting down with a cuppa tea now, got tonights dish all marinading together too, chicken tray bake, smells lovely already.

Not a bad way to spend a Monday!!!

cv4-Th.jpg

❤️

Yeah Keisha even thought out your way, that Plum city news was in my news feed. Scary, three houses, with that blast. Thinking natural gas leak or something like that. Wow, to video of the blast.

☀️ is my weather. Glorious blue sky. 90 the high and already in mid 80’s right now. Before the clouds and the storms come in the evening.

Sigh. End of my three day relaxing. Alarm set, and trash to curb in that early evening. Hopefully not in a downpour.

Ack to rain in house and window issue Keisha. Funny, as never heard of opening windows for weather pressure reasons. Last week’s storms had confirmed two tornadoes not that far west from me. Ooh, summer storms can be rain dumps wherever you are. Glad to hear you were okay with your storms last night, Keisha. Sending the sunshine out to you.

Hope work goes fast for you Pumpkin. Hope you got to Timmy’s this morning.

Super happy Sunday to all.

Countdown for Sue is less than a week. Woot!

T minus less than two weeks, then less than 4 weeks. Which reminds me as need to renew little one’s pass. I don’t buy it for her every year, but last year, we went enough times, I renewed it. Since she’s going with me both Fall trips, I’m renewing it agsin. At least she’ll get the bonus three months, and will be more in line with my renewal date.
That’s nice you have a full-time partner in crime the next two trips
Keisha are gators normally in your area?
Not unless on display lol. They’d never survive the fall, let alone the winter temps. Ridiculous to find out how many in that particular, rural county had them registered as pets. Imagine how many aren’t licensed.

What blew my mind was reading an article that indicated most people keep them in a spare bedroom, only relegating them to the basement ”when they get too big”.

Good to hear the treatments won’t interfere with your trip! Best of luck there.

carole has me hankering for steak now. Went with chicken stir fry yesterday as I didn’t know how many would be here for dinner. My older 2 DS spent the afternoon getting their boat ready to sell. Amazing how dirty one can get even when Shrink wrapped. Do think it got a lot of fine, particular gunk (consistency of talc) in it from that smokestack implosion.

i made them remove shoes outside and said to hose them down. Lord knows what sort of contaminant in that stuff

I don’t even own an iron
Haha I’m very good at the dryer method, wrinkle release & hanging things in bathroom to steam. The few times a year I have to have a man’s dress shirt & pants presentable, out The iron comes.

I used to press my sheets & pillow cases back in the day. Now that they sell high thread counts, no need :). One of the best innovations out there, next to the Tide pen

Since I still do sew now & again, an iron is essential for a nicely constructed garment

need to pick up the GD from soccer practice every day this week at noon. Over the river, around the closed bridge this grandma goes. a couple days of rain in this week. Tonight’s supposed to be another whopper, whoopee.

Happy Monday. I survived the cookout on Saturday. It actually wasn’t too bad. It was a small group of just 3 people besides me, dh and B.

I got to work today and discovered the most beautiful sight.
IMG_9551.jpeg
I know you are thinking “It’s just a parking lot.” These stripes have needed to be repainted for years. It had gotten to the point where you couldn’t even see the lines. Our clients were complaining. It’s so nice to be able to see parking spaces now.

We are supposed to get storms again today. B works from 3-10 today, so if it storms I hope it isn’t during her drive time.

Do recall thinking I heard it wrong when just the veil for DiL was $800.
That’s crazy. I didn’t spend that much for the dress and that included alterations.

I get some people are uncomfortable with idea of entertaining in general.
That’s me. I don’t mind so much when it is a small group of people I already know, but I hate hosting people I don’t know.

I also keep a bottle of the premixed TSP on hand for those gross disgusting greasy messes and when something just won't wipe off no matter how hard you scrub. One spray of that they takes care of lots of stuff too.
I’ll have to look into that.

This happened nearby yesterday AM.
How awful.

Hope nobody was affected by the big storm on east coast, Georgia?
I think we were supposed to get some of that, but ended up with nothing.

I don’t even own an iron
I own one but rarely use it. I’ll be using it now to iron wrinkles out of my cross stitch projects before framing.

Feels quite autumnal this morning
I’m envious. It’s supposed to be in the high 80’s here today.

I suppose I should get back to work. We’ve had 10 people cancel so far this week. Every time I get an appointment filled someone else cancels.

:rotfl: And I was thinking a slingshot, extra large.

Don’t blame ya, Charade. I hate when you can’t see the lines, gives a park where ever ya may vibe. Though have to say, even with the lines, some don’t know how to park.

Lunch walk has been over and I was so hot. Muggy and bright enough, even with seeing some clouds, glad I had my sunglasses on me. Made some iced tea, as was that hot feeling.

The Monday blues, yeah I’m feeling it.

And hehe, Keisha retrieving her GD going over the hill and around the closed bridge. Could be a song. ::yes:::laughing:

I think I need more than ice tea. LoL

Happy Monday, Everyone:)
I've just caught up on the weekend posts and todays.

Carole, yesterday was our rainy, gloomy day and I made tapioca pudding for myself and daughter, Robin, to cheer them up. It worked. Robin loves tapioca pudding as much as I do:)
We haven't been able to view the meteor show due to cloudy weather and the Canadian fire smoke. It's disappointing as I love to star gaze! I bet it is beautiful.

I love all the summer events, and yours sounds like fun. We had our last one of the summer last weekend. It was the annual Dragon Boat Races, which are a lot of fun to watch. We also have our county fair going on now, which is a big event, then nothing. It's kind of sad when all the summer activities are over. Now we can look forward to our 2 weeks of a beautiful fall, then cold winter!!! :sad2:

About the villages: I lived in a very small town while growing up and it was called the village of_____. There were other villages in our area, but only very small towns.

Keishashadow: I was surprised, and kinda freaked out, to hear that people actually put gators in their bedrooms??? There are a lot of crazies out there.

So glad your GD got to get tickets to Taylor Swift. I didn't know that making bracelets was a thing - sounds like fun for the kids. A few years ago I had the opportunity to go to a TS concert in Fargo, ND with my daughter and teenage granddaughter. But, I wasn't interested and I stayed behind in the hotel. We also had fun shopping and eating out, which is what I liked:) I can't believe how difficult it is now to get tickets and how expensive they are???!!!

Charade: I had to laugh at your parking lot photo. Best picture of the day:)

Robo: I was in shock at the price of wedding dresses, too. She doesn't want to wear a veil, so that's a little less to spend, LOL. It was a fun time viewing all those beautiful dresses. Back in the dark ages, when I got married, I think Mom and Dad spent $225 for my dress, and that was a moderate price then.

Today was grocery shopping day and running errands. It was Cold last night; down to 49 degrees. Brrr!!! We are having weird weather lately. The rest of the week it will be upper 80's:confused3 Oh well, at least there is no snow.

Got to go and get started on beef stew for tonight.

ruth

That’s nice you have a full-time partner in crime the next two trips

Not unless on display lol. They’d never survive the fall, let alone the winter temps. Ridiculous to find out how many in that particular, rural county had them registered as pets. Imagine how many aren’t licensed.

What blew my mind was reading an article that indicated most people keep them in a spare bedroom, only relegating them to the basement ”when they get too big”.

Good to hear the treatments won’t interfere with your trip! Best of luck there.

carole has me hankering for steak now. Went with chicken stir fry yesterday as I didn’t know how many would be here for dinner. My older 2 DS spent the afternoon getting their boat ready to sell. Amazing how dirty one can get even when Shrink wrapped. Do think it got a lot of fine, particular gunk (consistency of talc) in it from that smokestack implosion.

i made them remove shoes outside and said to hose them down. Lord knows what sort of contaminant in that stuff

Haha I’m very good at the dryer method, wrinkle release & hanging things in bathroom to steam. The few times a year I have to have a man’s dress shirt & pants presentable, out The iron comes.

I used to press my sheets & pillow cases back in the day. Now that they sell high thread counts, no need :). One of the best innovations out there, next to the Tide pen

Since I still do sew now & again, an iron is essential for a nicely constructed garment

need to pick up the GD from soccer practice every day this week at noon. Over the river, around the closed bridge this grandma goes. a couple days of rain in this week. Tonight’s supposed to be another whopper, whoopee.

Yes, I`d have hosed them down too, the shoes not your boys!!! Hope they get the boat sold quickly.

Love chicken stir fry......but steak!! Can`t beat it.

I am almost ashamed to admit, even with high thread counts, I do still iron our duvet cover and pillow cases....I think I have a problem!!!

Hi I`m Carole and I`m an ironaholic :rotfl:

Hope the journey goes well this week, shame you have to go such a long way round.

Happy Monday, Everyone:)
I've just caught up on the weekend posts and todays.

Carole, yesterday was our rainy, gloomy day and I made tapioca pudding for myself and daughter, Robin, to cheer them up. It worked. Robin loves tapioca pudding as much as I do:)
We haven't been able to view the meteor show due to cloudy weather and the Canadian fire smoke. It's disappointing as I love to star gaze! I bet it is beautiful.

I love all the summer events, and yours sounds like fun. We had our last one of the summer last weekend. It was the annual Dragon Boat Races, which are a lot of fun to watch. We also have our county fair going on now, which is a big event, then nothing. It's kind of sad when all the summer activities are over. Now we can look forward to our 2 weeks of a beautiful fall, then cold winter!!! :sad2:

About the villages: I lived in a very small town while growing up and it was called the village of_____. There were other villages in our area, but only very small towns.

Keishashadow: I was surprised, and kinda freaked out, to hear that people actually put gators in their bedrooms??? There are a lot of crazies out there.

So glad your GD got to get tickets to Taylor Swift. I didn't know that making bracelets was a thing - sounds like fun for the kids. A few years ago I had the opportunity to go to a TS concert in Fargo, ND with my daughter and teenage granddaughter. But, I wasn't interested and I stayed behind in the hotel. We also had fun shopping and eating out, which is what I liked:) I can't believe how difficult it is now to get tickets and how expensive they are???!!!

Charade: I had to laugh at your parking lot photo. Best picture of the day:)

Robo: I was in shock at the price of wedding dresses, too. She doesn't want to wear a veil, so that's a little less to spend, LOL. It was a fun time viewing all those beautiful dresses. Back in the dark ages, when I got married, I think Mom and Dad spent $225 for my dress, and that was a moderate price then.

Today was grocery shopping day and running errands. It was Cold last night; down to 49 degrees. Brrr!!! We are having weird weather lately. The rest of the week it will be upper 80's:confused3 Oh well, at least there is no snow.

Got to go and get started on beef stew for tonight.

ruth

Not a fan of tapioca, but whatever is your comfort food, that`s always good!! Hope she`s doing ok with your GD leaving.

Summer Fete`s are always fun and villages around us do them so well. Dragon Boats sounds a fun thing to watch. I think it`s always lovely when small villages just get together to celebrate anything or for charity events.

Beef stew sounds lovely.....very autumn like dish for sure. We`ll have mid 60`s this week then we`re promised a heatwave......lol.....will believe it when I see it.

Chicken tray bake was very, very nice......that addition of spicy balsamic gives it some extra zing. Chicken thighs are perfect for that dish.

Watching final 2 episodes of Orange is the new Black, think I`ll need some hankies....then tomorrow night back to watching Evil, couple of episodes a night is enough tv for one day.

Think we have more rain coming tomorrow.....we do need to go out, baby gifts and some other bits and bobs.

Time for tea.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter