Something About Nothing............ #14

We have a 65 inch tv in our living room Charade
Think you will like your new one!

Also have 3 more tv’s in the house….

You got it right.

:thumbsup2
Our current one is 65. If we go much larger it will partially block the window and fireplace.

Sometimes people forget you have to get a tv to fit your room.....you don`t get as clear a picture if you`re too close. I know someone who has a massive tv but their room just isn`t big enough for it, yes, you don`t want it overpowering your window or fireplace.

We have a 70 inch tv in the back movie room (our name for it) and it`s fine in there......our sitting room has a 60 inch which I do like and I`m too embarrassed to tell anyone how many other tv`s we have in the house, it`s far too many especially as they`re barely used. If we have guests, the bedroom ones get used and the kitchen one is on more I guess. Folks laugh when I say I don`t watch much tv when they know how many are in our house.......I get it....

Cool today, but looks like it will be a decent day. Have to go out to pick some stuff up I ordered for Kyle`s birthday this weekend and then hopefully we`ll get out a proper walk although if it`s too cold we won`t. Already had a txt from my friend with 3 dogs asking if we`re walking this morning....er, no, she`ll be down on the beach by 7am, little too early for us today!

Salmon for dinner tonight, always simply roasted till it`s barely cooked and will have some cauliflower and parmentier potatoes, might do a light butter sauce with lemon too.

Have no idea what we`ll have for lunch, might have shrimp sandwiches, but with our marie rose sauce not cocktail sauce that is prevalent in the US.

Time for my morning pot of tea......

i-QWFRrVn-S.png

cv54-M.jpg

cv52-S.jpg

Happy Monday.......:goodvibes

Ah a Monday it is. And it feels like it.

Weather. Still seasonal temps, as still not 50 the high temp yet, but warmer day, with 6 degrees warmer than yesterday’s high temp. And early weather news said the cloud cover we have had lately, will be clearing by lunchtime, and a full sunny day will be until sunset. And still shorter day, as sunset still before 5 pm. And weather radar shows a huge and long looking blob of snow and rain just off the coast. It needs to stay that way, keeping out to sea. And poor CA, so much rain there. I hope all stay safe. Orlando is 57 degrees this morning. I’ll take that temp. I’m at 36 degrees, yes, 2 degrees above freezing, right now, 20 degrees cooler than around the dark side.

And so, week day routine day, with up just before alarm went off. Felt like that longer shower was so nice to have. House is warm, but that hot water just felt good. Tea has been plenty, as thirsty for some reason. Good thing I always have tea in the house and in my office. And take my tea if away. Yep, a tea drinker here. But do enjoy iced coffee when feeling warmer. Sometimes I do have hot coffee, mainly at the office, as seems cooler feeling inside than should be last time I was in.

Should be hearing the first of the trash trucks, as I’m glad they start in the early morning. Hehe, as all are required to drag a can down, all but little one had shoes on. Fastest I’ve seen her move, in bare feet.

Finally, hope Charade finds the perfect tv.

Thus, all have a most Marvelous, Magnificent Monday. Still in January, still in Winter. I hope we have no snow, and warmer than seasonal temps the rest of this Winter. I’m a warm weather homie.

Good Monday morning everyone.

E7EF8D7B-A2E7-49F5-854A-7A5147C776FD.jpeg

I'm excited about planning another trip. I'm even thinking about taking an entire week off work this time
Sounds like a perfect idea.

Robo, good to hear from you. Nice to be able to see all the family this week. Hope you have a wonderful new year, in 2023.
Thank you Lynne. Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year too.

everything fell into place nicely. So much leftovers, the kids will all breeze thru today to give it another whirl. The mr, just rising after a long night, has put an order in for steaks on the grill later. I can live with that :)
Glad to here you were able to get all your food items for your get together with your family.

Sounds like yet another great time in your house! Had 2 of my kids take covid tests the last couple of days. Appears to be a virus of some sort Making the rounds. My mom caught covid again on xmas, working it’s way thru her hall at the nursing home...triggering the extension of their isolation period. Had thot those days were finally over, nope.
We did have nice Christmas celebration again. Sounds like you all had a very nice shindig too with lots of your good cooking.

Sorry to hear your mom got Covid again. I hope her symptoms are mild and she gets well soon.

Speaking of nicks, almost as many kids as Mr. cannon has. Up to 12 now, the man must have a very big…

memory to remember all their names:rolleyes1
:rotfl2:

Decorations all down......never fun to see it all back up in the attics. But, whole house has been dusted, vacuumed, floors washed, baseboards dusted too and everything else in between, although we`ll be discovering glitter for the next 5 months everywhere for some reason.
It is always sad to take down the Christmas decorations. They do make the house cheerful.

The great-grandchildren hauled all the decorations up to the second floor guest bedrooms and I boxed and put them away the next day. Our Grandson-in-law and grandson took down the trees for me. It was so nice to have the help.

An incomprehensible tragedy here last night. One of my DS worked with the slain chief years ago. Said he was an amazing person with a wonderful family & one of the best police officers he knew. Not sure how the family heals after such a loss
I seen that on the news. So devastating to hear of such tragedies.

I'm a little late because I had an abscessed tooth all last weekend! I ate oatmeal, cream of wheat, and ice cream.
Why does this have to happen during the holidays when everything is closed???? I wouldn't go to the ER and sit with all the other people who probably have covid, and the flu. No way. So I took pain pills, used ice packs, and grumbled a lot!
Got into the dentist at 8am this morning! Yea! Tooth is pulled and I am still on oatmeal and soup today, but No Pain.
Not the best New Years I've had, but hoping we all have a great 2023:)
Sorry to hear of the issue with your tooth. Not fun to deal with especially during the holidays. Hope your on the mend.

Lol the mr decided to sharpen all my knives over xmas with the new sharpener I got him…fancy dancy one. I keep forgetting, yet another wicked cut added to my collection this afternoon. Least it gets me out of doing dishes & not deep enough for stitches :)
My family knows me to well with sharp knives….LOL…..They finally bought me one of the prong things to stabilize the things I’am cutting to keep me form cutting myself.

Hope the cut heals soon.

I think we will be eating out for meals the next few days since I have suddenly forgot how to cook
Taking a break from the stove is needed every now and then.

We had a lovely time with our gd between Xmas and New Years. She slept with Grandpa and Grammie slept in the spare room until Gramps left for work in the early mornings.
So good to hear you all had wonderful grandparent time with your granddaughter. They are precious for sure.

let me introduce yesterday’s competition winner
Congratulations to your granddaughter on her first place win.

A world wind of activity past number of days with closing celebrations on New Years Eve. It was so nice get to see all the family. Hopefully next year it well be everyone together again instead of three separate celebrations.

Needed to get everything together to head home to FLorida.

Will miss everyone especially little J. Will FaceTime with little J and family to keep in contact.

Had an uneventful journey to the sunshine state. Drove overnight as this seems to help on the way down for sure. Glad we did as there was an area of construction on 75 that would for sure have held us for a long time during the day.

Sun is shinning this morning and it is supposed to be 76 today. Sending some warm Florida sun to all who are in need of it.

I went to my favorite farmers market Friday and bought some fresh produce and some Orri tangerines that are in season. They are sweet and delicious and are my favorite citrus for sure. These tangerines are as big as oranges and so good.

My friend across the street came in Saturday evening from New York. So it will be nice to get to see her. She is one of my Rocket Sisters. We go to Kennedy Space Center together. We have the new Gateway building to look forward to seeing there and hopefully a few ships to see go off.

Enjoy your mug of hot coffee or tea this morning. Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

57F00C39-DC53-4EAD-A161-6767B7EFE4C5.jpeg

92114009-38BA-4041-8C56-FA1483B45A74.jpeg

Some of the quotes I had seemed to all fall off for some reason. Will try again.

Thank you Robbie, yes my mum was so happy we were altogether for Christmas. She and Kyle were the best of pals the whole trip, it`s been too long since she`s seen him. Every time we went up he had a bad cold. But, they made up for it this trip.
So good to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas with you mom and family. I bet Kyle enjoyed seeing his grandma.

I know what popovers are!! I had some when my aunt in New York made them.....
I had not made them before and they turned out pretty good. Now I will have to repeat them as hubby really liked them.

Tom and one of our male friends are big Scotch Egg fans. I make them with a spicy coating and they love them. I only make them in a charcuterie very rarely as I`m not a fan.....lol.....I usually fill them with products I love! Bit selfish......
I do like Scotch Eggs too.

Did some baking this morning and made our stuffing that doesn`t get stuffed......it`s not for everyone but us and all our friends love it this way.
Your stuffing almost looks like a pate in the picture. Looks good.

We have friends that stay for in Orlando for a month over Christmas and New Year and they have been amazed how busy it is, they feel it`s busier than it normally is this time of year. They have been avoiding the parks more than usual, but of course still having a lovely time and very grateful for EP, they`re at Portofino now.
Son and daughter-in-law said it was busy while they were there. They had a wonderful time.

Hope you have a wonderful New Year Robbie and 2023.

Wishing the same for you and your family Carole. Have a wonderful New Year and a happy, healthy, prosperous 2023.

baked Cherry Madeira cake, traditional for New Years in Scotland. I maybe should have pictured a slice chock full of cherries!! Even more delicious with butter.

Your cake looks yummy.

Robo, so good to hear from you. Sounds like a nice holiday time with your family. Yay for safe and quick trip to your other home. Hopefully, you’ll be around last two weeks of September, as would be nice to enjoy some coffee and chat with you. Enjoying my tea, and like your coffee cup. Little one picked that one up last time we were in FLA. She rarely passes a Starbucks without getting a coffee. Sigh.

Sun is out. But as 37 degrees out, jacket with those rocking wearing shades on my lunchtime walk. Have already heard 2 of the 4 trash trucks. Should be done way before I drag them back up from the curb at the end of my walk. Ack, just mid morning, and I’m already ready for lunch.

But yay, love seeing that very blue Winter sky.

Morning all. Was heading out the door when the first doctor’s office called to cancel the appt. At least they squeezed my DS in for tomorrow. Now only one need to run out today later at least. Tomorrow, up to two appts, close enough together will just stay out in the wild as a good 10 miles apart. Might just have to do lunch lol

mr will have hot roast beef sand for dinner. I’m not a fan, going to try to make a shepherds pie of sorts in the air fryer as oven temp is all over the place. eternal optimist I am, keep thinking it’s going to just fix itself somehow, duh.

I cook, crochet, get on the laptop (like now), and sometimes read if it is boring. I should do exercises but never really seem to do it, LOL!
Same lol. i haven’t crocheted anything since teaching GD last year…the Padawan has surpassed the master. :blush: surprisingly, she finds many interesting patterns/ideas off tik tok & YouTube.
Better get my Steelers cap on then if they`re playing today!!!
rally hat & terrible towels helped us win the game. Unfortunately, we needed Miami dolphins to tie or loose. last minute in their game, kicked a field goal. Lol. Still, a winning season but, a frustrating one, nonetheless
They are about 70% less now than the one he purchased 5 years ago. He wants to get a bigger TV, but I think the one we have is big enough. I don’t want the TV to take over the living room.
It’s wild how the prices have dropped on many electronics.
Sometimes people forget you have to get a tv to fit your room.....you don`t get as clear a picture if you`re too close.
I’m thankful that our console doesn’t look weird after the mr had to lop off the legs to get our new set into the enclosure he built a decade ago.
Hope the cut heals soon.
wasn’t looking right today, despite babying it For a week. Kept bumping it and it would open up again. Decided to revert back to my mom’s methodology. Sprayed it a couple of times with hydrogen peroxide until it ceased to foam & Put another butterfly bandage on it.
Oh, that is wonderful:flower1:, enjoy!
She is one of my Rocket Sisters. We go to Kennedy Space Center together. We have the new Gateway building to look forward to seeing there and hopefully a few ships to see go off.
I love that group name haha. do you watch from jetty park area or one of the restaurants there?

Some of the quotes I had seemed to all fall off for some reason. Will try again.

So good to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas with you mom and family. I bet Kyle enjoyed seeing his grandma.

I had not made them before and they turned out pretty good. Now I will have to repeat them as hubby really liked them.

I do like Scotch Eggs too.

Your stuffing almost looks like a pate in the picture. Looks good.

Son and daughter-in-law said it was busy while they were there. They had a wonderful time.

Wishing the same for you and your family Carole. Have a wonderful New Year and a happy, healthy, prosperous 2023.

Your cake looks yummy.

Yes, it does look like a pate, but it`s coarse as sausagemeat is, it is lovely...very, very unhealthy, bit so tasty!

It was lovely seeing Kyle and grandma chatting away like best buddies, he`s hoping to go up and see her at some point on his own, she`ll love that, and love spoiling him!

Thank you, that cake is so easy to eat....I really shouldn`t bake it!

Glad you made it safely back to Florida, but of course you`ll miss everyone including your little buddy, but Facetime is an excellent substitute.

Love a good Farmers market, produce is always wonderful and extra fresh!

We`ve been following the next Falcon Heavy launch, hopefully Thursday but sounds like they have contingency plans in case of weather issues. Glad you get to see your Rocket Sisters again, what a lovely group! I know we are excited to do a couple of days at KSC this May, one day wasn`t enough last two visits.

Morning all. Was heading out the door when the first doctor’s office called to cancel the appt. At least they squeezed my DS in for tomorrow. Now only one need to run out today later at least. Tomorrow, up to two appts, close enough together will just stay out in the wild as a good 10 miles apart. Might just have to do lunch lol

mr will have hot roast beef sand for dinner. I’m not a fan, going to try to make a shepherds pie of sorts in the air fryer as oven temp is all over the place. eternal optimist I am, keep thinking it’s going to just fix itself somehow, duh.

Same lol. i haven’t crocheted anything since teaching GD last year…the Padawan has surpassed the master. :blush: surprisingly, she finds many interesting patterns/ideas off tik tok & YouTube.

rally hat & terrible towels helped us win the game. Unfortunately, we needed Miami dolphins to tie or loose. last minute in their game, kicked a field goal. Lol. Still, a winning season but, a frustrating one, nonetheless

It’s wild how the prices have dropped on many electronics.

I’m thankful that our console doesn’t look weird after the mr had to lop off the legs to get our new set into the enclosure he built a decade ago.

wasn’t looking right today, despite babying it For a week. Kept bumping it and it would open up again. Decided to revert back to my mom’s methodology. Sprayed it a couple of times with hydrogen peroxide until it ceased to foam & Put another butterfly bandage on it.

Oh, that is wonderful:flower1:, enjoy!

I love that group name haha. do you watch from jetty park area or one of the restaurants there?

Glad they caught you before you left Keisha.....yes, lunch out tomorrow sounds like a plan.

lol...your mister is so handy! Yes, I remember him altering it to fit. Everyone has told our friend that the room is just too small for the size of tv she has, not spacially but you are supposed to be a certain distance away from the screen when it`s so big. She puts music channels on when we are all visiting, feels like we`re in the darn videos!!

Electronics have come down in price for sure over the years. I remember when I bought my first apartment when I was almost 20, and the first thing I bought was a video recorder.....it`s eye watering when I think of the cost of that now!!!! Everything is so easy to replace now.

Glad the team won!!

Colder than predicted here today, so didn`t walk at all. My legs must think I`ve given up on them right now!

Spent most of the afternoon on the internet, gosh some official websites don`t make it easy!!! Computers asking you to confirm you are human is just not right! But, got through it all.....

Got some beautiful large pieces of salmon for dinner tonight, both would probably do four people, but as salmon is full of good fats, we`ll manage :)

Noticed our outdoor lights are starting to come on slightly later now, only by 10 minutes or so, but it is getting there, it`ll be spring before we know it.

Listening to every no1 of the 1980`s.....magic!!!!

Good Monday morning everyone.

View attachment 730725

Sounds like a perfect idea.

Thank you Lynne. Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year too.

Glad to here you were able to get all your food items for your get together with your family.

We did have nice Christmas celebration again. Sounds like you all had a very nice shindig too with lots of your good cooking.

Sorry to hear your mom got Covid again. I hope her symptoms are mild and she gets well soon.

:rotfl2:

It is always sad to take down the Christmas decorations. They do make the house cheerful.

The great-grandchildren hauled all the decorations up to the second floor guest bedrooms and I boxed and put them away the next day. Our Grandson-in-law and grandson took down the trees for me. It was so nice to have the help.

I seen that on the news. So devastating to hear of such tragedies.

Sorry to hear of the issue with your tooth. Not fun to deal with especially during the holidays. Hope your on the mend.

My family knows me to well with sharp knives….LOL…..They finally bought me one of the prong things to stabilize the things I’am cutting to keep me form cutting myself.

Hope the cut heals soon.

Taking a break from the stove is needed every now and then.

So good to hear you all had wonderful grandparent time with your granddaughter. They are precious for sure.

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her first place win.

A world wind of activity past number of days with closing celebrations on New Years Eve. It was so nice get to see all the family. Hopefully next year it well be everyone together again instead of three separate celebrations.

Will miss everyone especially little J. Will FaceTime with little J and family to keep in contact.

Had an uneventful journey to the sunshine state. Drove overnight as this seems to help on the way down for sure. Glad we did as there was an area of construction on 75 that would for sure have held us for a long time during the day.

Sun is shinning this morning and it is supposed to be 76 today. Sending some warm Florida sun to all who are in need of it.

I went to my favorite farmers market Friday and bought some fresh produce and some Orri tangerines that are in season. They are sweet and delicious and are my favorite citrus for sure. These tangerines are as big as oranges and so good.

My friend across the street came in Saturday evening from New York. So it will be nice to get to see her. She is one of my Rocket Sisters. We go to Kennedy Space Center together. We have the new Gateway building to look forward to seeing there and hopefully a few ships to see go off.

Enjoy your mug of hot coffee or tea this morning. Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

View attachment 730736

View attachment 730726
Thanks, robo: I am ok now and happily eating anything I can get my hands on, LOL.

Hello and happy day to everyone posting or just reading here!

Been busy trying to go through clothes and odds and ends to empty out our closets

If I have not worn a piece of clothing in the last year, it’s donated out.
Figure if I have not lost the weight by now, it’s not going to happen.

This is one of those jobs I put off as long as I can as I keep thinking maybe I will lose the unwanted pounds

It’s January and can’t wait to spring for better weather

Good time of year to purge, Mac. I agree, I toss now almost all that I haven’t worn in the last year, getting rid of most of my shoes too, I tend to wear favorite ones the same until I wear them out,

Thanks, robo: I am ok now and happily eating anything I can get my hands on, LOL.

lol....you and me both sister!!!!

Hello and happy day to everyone posting or just reading here!

Been busy trying to go through clothes and odds and ends to empty out our closets

If I have not worn a piece of clothing in the last year, it’s donated out.
Figure if I have not lost the weight by now, it’s not going to happen.

This is one of those jobs I put off as long as I can as I keep thinking maybe I will lose the unwanted pounds

It’s January and can’t wait to spring for better weather

It`s a good feeling having clearouts......and it leaves space for new clothes!!

Charity stores always appreciate any donations.....and yes, Spring is just around the corner, I think you`ll see it before anyone else, you have beautiful weather!

Up far too early this morning, I really should still be sleeping.

Got a firm coming to check out removing all our closets for the refurb end of the month. Everything has to be removed and on one part of the room there are mirrors that are around 8 feet wide and floor to ceiling, that`s going to be the worst part as they`re unbelievably heavy. Not looking forward to getting this done!

Once the new closets and fittings are built, it`ll be beautiful, don`t doubt that, but all the upheaval to get to that point won`t be fun. Starting to move things to the other bedrooms in preparation now.

But, today after they`re gone, we will attempt to walk again, not looking good though. After 10am, looks like rain all day with high winds. I`m ready for spring.

Toast with marmalade this morning in a couple of hours, spicy asian salad for lunch with some chicken and pork fillet for dinner tonight, might do an Asian marinade and serve it on a bed of stir fry noodles and mushrooms. Food sorted.

images

cv41-S.jpg

cv85-Th.jpg

😉

Happy Tuesday ☺️

Hehe, Taco Tuesday today. And a fast enough commute. And look out my window:
E490B2B5-64F8-4024-9513-05C27629332A.jpeg

City is awake even before dawn. Getting brighter on the horizon, but sunrise still almost an hour away.

Cool out too. Below freezing this morning. 30 out when took picture about 10 minutes ago.

And so, that day Mac gets to enjoy a Taco Bell meal or two.

Ooh, will be nice to have an update to closets, Schumi. Hope you did get that walk in, even with your rainy and windy forecast for today,

A most Terrific Taco 🌮 Tuesday to all.

Hello. Super slow day at work today.
I’ve done all the trip planning I can do for now, so all I can do now is wait.
A few days ago I ordered a custom topper for my graduation cap. I thought it would take much longer, but they have already sent me a proof to approve. I think in March I will start ordering T-shirts for the parks.

Today’s excitement will be shopping for a new cheese grater. I’m trying to decide if I want to do it on my lunch hour or wait until after work.

Oh boy, SW must be desperate for fares. My poor pocketbook. Less than 200 dollars round trip, direct flight down in the morning and back on a direct evening flight? Cheapest hotel AP rate that I scored and gone in a minute after I scored it? Is the universe of APs teasing us? Oh my. Now to see if works for both little one and me.

Ooh, I’d do a lunch shop, as I hate going out after getting home, Charade. Sorry your morning has been slow. Mine flew by.

Hello. Super slow day at work today.
I’ve done all the trip planning I can do for now, so all I can do now is wait.
A few days ago I ordered a custom topper for my graduation cap. I thought it would take much longer, but they have already sent me a proof to approve. I think in March I will start ordering T-shirts for the parks.

Today’s excitement will be shopping for a new cheese grater. I’m trying to decide if I want to do it on my lunch hour or wait until after work.

That is exciting!! I once told Kyle I had bought him a new cheese grater, he made a lot of mac n cheese from scratch. One day I handed him a tiny nutmeg grater I`d bought, his face was a picture! Well, I thought it was funny 🥴

Well, company came and looked at all the work to remove our bedroom closets and all the fittings.......there was a lot of sighs and long glances at each other, we thought oh they`re preparing us for a shock........but the price wasn`t too bad, but dreading the mess it`s going to create.

New closets and fittings are going to be built about 10 days later, ordered them at the end of last year, so we`ll be bunking in one of the spare rooms till it`s all finished. Still to decide on colours for the walls and still deciding on either a bedroom carpet or have natural wood and rugs. Decisions. I think we`ll get carpet. Our master bathroom is only getting painted as everything is almost brand new in there.

Then, no more upheaval for a long time, I think we`ll move first.

Horrible, horrible day, so cold, wild, windy and rain that didn`t stop till late afternoon. But, we did get some lovely little jobs done together, had a nice lunch and enjoyed spicy Asian style pork fillet. It was delicious, and again, not overcooked. I and a lot of others have memories of their mum`s cooking pork for 3 weeks so it was properly cooked!!

Time for a pot of tea and a little of some butter tablet we brought from Scotland.....little treat!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to drop in for a minute and say :wave:. I am sorry I have only read a few pages don't have much time these days. I want to say thanks for the repsonse to my messages on here.

I know there are a few of us who have kids graduating in this spring, and I believe Charade might be too. I just want to say hope everyone has a great last semester, Liv is working on theirs also. Charlie has started school this week, will be doing morelike two or three classes will have to work more. Congrats to everyone!!

We are still in Orlando, we are enjoying our house very much. I really thought I would use the pool more in the cooler weather, but just can't get in it. The spa is very nice and helps with those old aches and pains. :laughing:

I have been using my crockpot more, I just bought a new one. It really helps with time and cooking. I am trying to learn more recipes!!

Our kitchen light broke and we had to rip open the ceiling and Brian had to install a whole new electric box, new sheetrock what a mess. It looks very nice and I am happy with it. I have sympathy for anyone doing any type of construction in their home. Good luck!

If anyone is going to be in town please reach out to me by a pm or if you have my cell number I would love to meet up. We try to find time to go to the parks as often as we can.

I am thinking of everyone and hope all is well. I am hoping soon to get more time to pop on and chat with you!

Stay safe and warm or cool, wherevery you are.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter