Something About Nothing............ #14

Happy New Year to all !

And you too mac…..Hope it’s a good one for you!

Whipped up a few of them for yesterday’s spread. Never saw a cheese board with that sort of sliding tray, nice! I have a bunch of them in varying sizes, designs & wood. Like to pick up them in our travels , my favorite is a hand carved, ornate dark wood one in the shape of a pineapple. have a marble slab one I use for cheese now & again too that I like.

Lol that’s a stretch indeed. Will say never bought those for my kids to take to school for lunch as just a bit too processed with salt & saturated fat for my liking. I would cut out cheese & healthy sort of lunch meats into shapes with cookie cutters for them along with a little smiley or note on a napkin.

one of my adult children asked me to whip them up a lunch a while ago for them to stop and grab as working a long shift. texted me later asking where were the little bites. They did get a note :)

lynne - new furnace is quite the change For us. I had to set the thermostat down to 60 degrees as it felt sweltering. encouraging it might just help lower the winter gas bills :). Still, it was admittedly miserable in the sub zero weather.

everything fell into place nicely. So much leftovers, the kids will all breeze thru today to give it another whirl. The mr, just rising after a long night, has put an order in for steaks on the grill later. I can live with that :)

looking forward to more football today, NHL winter classic tomorrow, etc. we do tend to keep the celebrations going here. Just as well heading into the belly of winter

Sounds like yet another great time in your house! Had 2 of my kids take covid tests the last couple of days. Appears to be a virus of some sort Making the rounds. My mom caught covid again on xmas, working it’s way thru her hall at the nursing home...triggering the extension of their isolation period. Had thot those days were finally over, nope.

are we talking 2022 or 2023? hahaha. Glad to hear you had family in town to help share the holidays this year

Last week, was excited to discover a jarred type of jalapeños with milder heat. Older i get, the more fiery the hot peppers seem…turning into a lightweight
View attachment 729002

I got that board with the sliding trays as a novelty gift for Tom a few years ago, it’s fabulous and all the little extra trays are so handy. It’s well used and cleans a treat, bit of a carry on as you can’t put it in water, but wouldn’t be without them.

Yes, charcuterie is an ideal dish for groups, I don’t have a marble one though, might be worth it for cheese boards with guests over. Nice idea Janet.

I don’t know what we call lunchables over here, but I would never give anything like that to Kyle when he was a child either. Stores do have something like that I’m sure, but not in my cart.

There are so many viruses going round and hanging around, Kyle has a sore throat again, but doesn’t seem to be getting any worse thankfully and I still have the remnants of my cough. Medics did warn us this year would be nasty for longer bugs. Hope they’re doing better and your mum too of course.

Are you enjoying the heat……lol……and snacking on food sounds alright to me!!!

Did have some friends round for an hour this afternoon,
passed some time and I managed to share with them the last of the baking I had done, only some cherry cake left.

Well, our much anticipated turkey was beautiful!! Our oven cooks things faster than they claim, and we do have a temp probe we leave in the turkey when it cooks and the alarm goes off when it reaches desired temp, so it can’t overcook.

Veg all cooked in the tray under the turkey, all gone except for some roast potatoes I cooked separately. Cooked too many.

But, we did enjoy a lovely bottle of wine Fernando from Strong Water gave us back in May, it is special and he gave us the last bottle of it for the special meal they created for our anniversary in September, beautiful.

No big dessert for us, made some clotted cream ice cream, that’ll be enough, doubt we’ll eat till tomorrow.

Two friends of ours, Neil and Luke are at Sapphire right now and sent us a picture today with the headline…….we met some friends of yours last night……and yes……there they are with a couple that we have no clue who they are!!!

Not sure why they said they know us, I think maybe she reads the TR’s, but didn’t recognise them at all. Odd.

Nice glass of wine has been sat in front of me.

Forgot to put a picture of our sunrise this morning……love that view.

55DDB598-A4D6-46AB-A594-64A07AA28AFE.jpeg

We are at BG but can’t go in yet. Dh brought a multi tool with him and got stopped by security. Now he has to go back to the car. Ugh. He knows better.

And Easter eggs are in the stores apparently..
Too soon. I haven’t checked our stores yet. Lots of valentines stuff out though.
Though ack, see snow mentioned in the 7 day forecast. Not ready for it yet. Ack. But see we will be 64 the high on Wednesday, with 37 the high on Friday
The weather sure has been crazy lately. Thankfully I haven’t seen any indication of snow for us yet.
Lol that’s a stretch indeed. Will say never bought those for my kids to take to school for lunch as just a bit too processed with salt & saturated fat for my liking. I would cut out cheese & healthy sort of lunch meats into shapes with cookie cutters for them along with a little smiley or note on a napkin.
I’ve never bought the children’s version of them, but have been guilty of buying the “adult” ones from Hilshirie Farms.

Sue - Good to see you. Will you be going to Universal in September?

Dh brought a multi tool with him and got stopped by security. Now he has to go back to the car. Ugh. He knows better.
Hate to say it but, good to hear security was on the ball there. Too many no good nicks out there with bad intent.

Was shocked to see the suspect arrested for the college slaughter was holed up with his parents in PA

carole - haha, another secret friend surfaces.

Speaking of nicks, almost as many kids as Mr. cannon has. Up to 12 now, the man must have a very big…

memory to remember all their names:rolleyes1

Yeah, was somewhat shocking he was from the mountains in our state, Keisha. Was was shocking to me was that a kid I graduated from college with, of the 160 we were, saw in the news several years later, he killed people. He was from western PA. I hope all have strength and comfort as more of what happened in Idaho will be in the news.

Just relaxing. Did do some grocery shopping. Store was not too crowded.

For dinner, little one was in the mood for rice mixed with carrots, peppers, and ground beef. Fine with me. Easy one pan meal. Oh and with oven, fries and onion rings, as they go so well with rice mix. I guess. And used some leftover cheese pieces, with milk, to make a cheese sauce for the fries. I even added that saucy cheese to my rice. All are full.

Ah, still no alarm set. Yay for my last lazy day tomorrow, until the coming weekend. So happy to enjoy that shorter week day routine back to week day routine.

Hope all have enjoyed their first day of 2023. Super serene Sunday.

Hate to say it but, good to hear security was on the ball there. Too many no good nicks out there with bad intent.

Was shocked to see the suspect arrested for the college slaughter was holed up with his parents in PA

carole - haha, another secret friend surfaces.

Speaking of nicks, almost as many kids as Mr. cannon has. Up to 12 now, the man must have a very big…

memory to remember all their names:rolleyes1

lol.....I did wonder about Mr Cannon and his big feet!!! :laughing:

Yes, who are these mysterious people who claim to be our "friends"....happened more than I care to remember. I always tell folks that work there when our real friends are staying. I always remember someone I had met once, very briefly told club staff they were friends of ours.......soon as they described them I knew who they meant and told them I had encountered them once at that point and they were definitely not friends!! Weird. I`ll send you the picture.

Funny sounding day today. Real feel is in the minuses right now, but we had the windows open again during the night as it was so mild.

Few bits of shopping today, stores are back to normal today although it is a Bank Holiday, don`t need much though then we get the all the trees and decorations down.....always a depressing sight. Our gardener will do the outside ones, although we didn`t put as many up this year so won`t take him too long.

Turkey for dinner again tonight, will warm it back up in some gravy I made yesterday, then simmer the bones overnight and we`ll have the nicest stock for soup, none of this store bought stock here! We still have some snack foods in the house, so will try and finish them off before attempting to eat healthier kicks in.......it`s that time of year!! But, another grazing day once we`re back in.

Not much going on this time of year, January is a dark month, but we do have Kyle`s birthday this month, and this company he works for gives them an extra day off for their birthday every year.....not a bad little perk, so as his birthday is on a Saturday this year, he gets to choose a day during the week. You don`t hear companies doing that often, but it`s a nice gesture.

Yep, pot of tea time.......got some lovely new teas over Christmas, but plain old breakfast tea this morning I think and back to my regular teapots as all the Christmas ones are now packed back away till next year.

cv2355-S.jpg

1672643891071.png

cv18-S.jpg

Happy Monday ☺️

Ah yes, a Federal holiday here, so all government, and banks, are closed today. No mail deliver either. And since no trash pick up either too, that trash can rolling sound will be around dinner time tonight. At least they do give us a make up trash day.

Tea for me. Last quiet morning of lazy. It’s been so nice to relax over the holidays.

And this month my DH gets a year older too, on a hump day no less. Great that Kyle’s job gives him a day off for a birthday, Schumi. It is a nice perk that is not very common here. DH will probably say, we will celebrate on the weekend, as week day birthdays are usually not the days we go out to celebrate. Hard when all are busy.

Weather. At least the beginning of this week is nice weather. Even though overcast today, that warm weather being the rain tomorrow, makes today, close to 60 degrees. Yay, didn’t have a jacket yesterday, probably not one today. Woot. Though none of our winter clothes are put away yet. We have gotten cool weather even as late as early April. Snow one Easter Day one year. But those close to 60 temps are so welcome in this start to January.

Finally, ah yes, a Monday is here. Most Marvelous Monday to all.

I think I need to remember to remind dh to leave stuff at home. He also had a small flashlight that security would not allow in.
…bank account to support all those kids.
I had heard he was caught, but didn’t know his parents were hiding him.
and this company he works for gives them an extra day off for their birthday every year.....not a bad little perk,
Nice perk. I don’t know of any other company that dies that.
Ah yes, a Federal holiday here, so all government, and banks, are closed today.
For some reason I was thinking today was Tuesday. Barely into the new year and I’m already confused.

Almost time to head home and not a moment too soon. I don’t think anyone in the room next door has an indoor voice.

then we get the all the trees and decorations down.....always a depressing sight.
I am resisting this Figure I can leverage the mr & squeeze at least another day out of the tree

It always startles me to hear how much paid time off other countries award to their employees. Lucky ducks!
Ah yes, a Federal holiday here
Ah yes, government at its finest there. Sour grapes Coming from one whose family usually had to work the holidays if scheduled via regular shift At least the holiday pay made it go down easier lol

Screaming children in the room next door before 7:00 am and then again just after 8:00. Guess I’m getting up now.
I’m packing earplugs for my next trip.
Now that’s a wake up call!:duck: I get it, some peoples kids are just plain loud/excited for a trip etc. would be nice if the parental unit shut it down, pronto. My pet peeve is the little monsters repeatedly jumping off the beds in the room a floor above. I’m what universe is that be acceptable?

All the deaths in the last week of last year. Mostly surprised hearing Anita Pointer (74) had passed. We saw her perform in Epcot earlier this year along with her DD & GD. Let me tell you, she was a real fireball of energy & voice was still strong.

2DFD53A2-F13D-4AB4-B65B-A5E87562679D.jpeg

Safe travels Charade. I hate noisy hotel neighbors. There’s no reason to be loud very early in the morning and later at night. Makes you glad to be in your own beds tonight. Hope the park was fun, as weather was warmer than could have been.

Yes, so many deaths at the end of last year. Neat you heard that lady sing live, Keisha. What a singing force they were, her and her two sisters. Babs also passed away. A female in the news business that became a household name.

Ah what besides trash out the door, alarm already set, thinking maybe a quick shop stop for lotion. My face feels dry, but I need very non-allergic lotion. Many tried, but have made me breakout or red looking. May see what Lush has. Luckily they opened a store in the mall up the street from me. Will see what little one is in the mood for.

I think I need to remember to remind dh to leave stuff at home. He also had a small flashlight that security would not allow in.

…bank account to support all those kids.

I had heard he was caught, but didn’t know his parents were hiding him.

Nice perk. I don’t know of any other company that dies that.

For some reason I was thinking today was Tuesday. Barely into the new year and I’m already confused.

Almost time to head home and not a moment too soon. I don’t think anyone in the room next door has an indoor voice.

Yep, it is a nice perk, I haven`t heard of many companies doing it either, something we used to hear of many years ago.

The downside of hotels, if the neighbours are noisy, everyone suffers. Least you`ll get a good sleep tonight.

I am resisting this Figure I can leverage the mr & squeeze at least another day out of the tree

It always startles me to hear how much paid time off other countries award to their employees. Lucky ducks!

Ah yes, government at its finest there. Sour grapes Coming from one whose family usually had to work the holidays if scheduled via regular shift At least the holiday pay made it go down easier lol

Now that’s a wake up call!:duck: I get it, some peoples kids are just plain loud/excited for a trip etc. would be nice if the parental unit shut it down, pronto. My pet peeve is the little monsters repeatedly jumping off the beds in the room a floor above. I’m what universe is that be acceptable?

All the deaths in the last week of last year. Mostly surprised hearing Anita Pointer (74) had passed. We saw her perform in Epcot earlier this year along with her DD & GD. Let me tell you, she was a real fireball of energy & voice was still strong.

View attachment 729275

They were an amazing group with some fabulous songs, never had the pleasure to see them live though, but can imagine her rocking away. Sad to hear of her passing.

It was the opposite way for me Janet, I couldn`t believe how little time off most Americans get. First visit we wondered why folks were only there for 3 or 4 days and some only a week...then it was explained to me about the lack of vacation time over there.

Kyle gets one day short of 7 weeks in a year, plus all statuatory days and his one day for a birthday. Heck even when I started working in the 1980`s you were automatically given 5-6 weeks plus stat days, no building up to more days depending on how many years you worked for them, that was from day one. So, yes, it varies dramatically between our two countries.

Mystery solved about the couple in Strong Water.....Neil and Luke met them again last night and they apparently met us for a quick hello about 4 years ago in IOA, I feel bad as I have no memory of that, I don`t doubt I met them, I just don`t remember. The lady reads my TR`s and had recognised me, I feel bad for not remembering them.

Decorations all down......never fun to see it all back up in the attics. But, whole house has been dusted, vacuumed, floors washed, baseboards dusted too and everything else in between, although we`ll be discovering glitter for the next 5 months everywhere for some reason.

It`s been a lovely day though, sun has been shining since sun up, but quite cold, although I haven`t been out much at all apart from popping out to check on the outdoor stuff coming down.

Last day of eating all the goodies in the house, we have a load of other goodies to drop off at the hospice tomorrow for the staff and some stuff for the foodbank too. I never learn, we always buy far too much, but we have lots of folks drop in and would hate not to have things for them.

But, time for tea and the last of my cake.

Bobbie, I hope you and all your family have a great 2023. Good to see your post. I’ll be back in September, though little one wants us to come in the Spring. We shall see about that. Will be nice if we can get together this year. I enjoy you and your DH’s company.

Ah, trash cans at the curb, tea being sipped. Dinner request was soup and salad. And thus, was another soup and salad meal. Fine with me. Picked up a fruit tart. May get into it a little later. I’m full. Made chicken salad sandwiches too, as was not in mood for salad as much.

Earthly bedtime for me. Back to that routine for the week. Will be happy when Friday is here.

Good evening. Nothing worth watching on TV tonight and it's too early for me to go to bed. It's good to be back home again. We have no more travel plans until June.

We've had some more good news. First, for us, Dollywood has refunded our entire purchase since we only got to spend 3 hours there. We would have been happy with a partial refund.
The second bit of good news concerns a young couple at our church. They have been trying to adopt a baby for awhile. About a year and a half ago they were almost successful, but the birth mother changed her mind. Just after Christmas they completed the adoption of a baby boy. He was born December 16 which is also my birthday. I don't know what they have in terms of baby stuff, so I think a gift card would be the best gift for them.

The worst part was one of the kids kept crying. The other kid was just loud and so was the dad. He wasn't yelling, just had a loud voice.
Sad news for the start of the new year. I enjoyed their music back in the day. I should add some of their songs to my phone.
s tonight. Hope the park was fun, as weather was warmer than could have been.
I think that was the warmest it's ever been when we went for Christmastown. It was fun, but I fell like we need to go twice. Once for all the shows and then another night to just walk around and look at the lights.
Ah what besides trash out the door, alarm already set, thinking maybe a quick shop stop for lotion. My face feels dry, but I need very non-allergic lotion. Many tried, but have made me breakout or red looking.
Have you tried CeraVe? Dh uses it and it doesn't interfere with his psoriasis.
Hello Happy New Year to everyone!! I hope 2023 is a happy and healthy one.
Hi Bobbie! Good to see you.

Not ready to go back to work tomorrow. My boss texted and told me she is going to be working from home all week. Her husband has Covid. Thankfully it isn't very bad for him, but she doesn't want to take any chances spreading it.
Hopefully this will be a quiet week.

Hello Happy New Year to everyone!! I hope 2023 is a happy and healthy one.

Happy New Year bobbie.

Good evening. Nothing worth watching on TV tonight and it's too early for me to go to bed. It's good to be back home again. We have no more travel plans until June.

We've had some more good news. First, for us, Dollywood has refunded our entire purchase since we only got to spend 3 hours there. We would have been happy with a partial refund.
The second bit of good news concerns a young couple at our church. They have been trying to adopt a baby for awhile. About a year and a half ago they were almost successful, but the birth mother changed her mind. Just after Christmas they completed the adoption of a baby boy. He was born December 16 which is also my birthday. I don't know what they have in terms of baby stuff, so I think a gift card would be the best gift for them.

The worst part was one of the kids kept crying. The other kid was just loud and so was the dad. He wasn't yelling, just had a loud voice.

Sad news for the start of the new year. I enjoyed their music back in the day. I should add some of their songs to my phone.

I think that was the warmest it's ever been when we went for Christmastown. It was fun, but I fell like we need to go twice. Once for all the shows and then another night to just walk around and look at the lights.

Have you tried CeraVe? Dh uses it and it doesn't interfere with his psoriasis.

Hi Bobbie! Good to see you.

Not ready to go back to work tomorrow. My boss texted and told me she is going to be working from home all week. Her husband has Covid. Thankfully it isn't very bad for him, but she doesn't want to take any chances spreading it.
Hopefully this will be a quiet week.

Gift cards are always welcome, they`ll know better what they need. And congratulations to the couple from the church.

Nice to get a full refund too, nice to hear of companies who value their guests.

Went to bed to clear skies and frost, but we woke up to high winds and think rain is coming our way today.

Most are back to work and schools are back too I think today, life gets back to normal again after Christmas and New Year.

Not much going on, such a quiet time of the year. If it doesn`t rain we`ll have a walk into the village, but doesn`t look good......

This morning will get the turkey bones into my largest pot and have it simmer, never got around to it last night, it`ll bubble away all day and might freeze that liquid gold stock for the weekend. Dinner tonight is steak as we`ve eaten so much turkey, so will enjoy some red meat with a load of salad and a couple of spicy sweet potato wedges. That`s healthy isn`t it.......lol.....

Lunch is chinese chicken salad with a plum dressing which is maybe not so healthy but won`t have a lot of dressing with it. I will enjoy eating healthier....I will enjoy eating healthier...🙄

i-bbBBK4t-S.gif

cv28-M.jpg

cv37-S.jpg

Ah, weather. If we get some rain with this warmer weather, I’ll take it. Unseasonably warm. Yes please. Means weather news said, that the thunderstorms coming Wednesday night will be all rain. Closer to record tie on Wednesday too. 68 the record high temp in 1950. This morning weather news said tomorrow should top out with a high temp at 65. Woot! Those snow chances are gone in the next 10 day forecast now. Woot! And a warm, overcast night. Already 49 degrees right now, and humid with 61 the high. No jacket and older one will be in shorts.

And given it’s a Tuesday, it’s the day Mac can have a Taco Bell meal, and a no cooking for a meal today.

And a make up trash day for us. No yard trash, so that will be hanging out on the side of our home, to be taken this coming Monday. I guess they need all the trash trucks doing double neighborhoods pick up today, And so, not too long from now, will be hearing the trash trucks in the rain. Phone says rainy conditions coming at 10 am. Eh, they trucks should be done before then, though maybe last pick up near that time.

Glad the rain today is just rain showers, and the thunderstorms are a night time occurrence tomorrow. Rainy week, as saying rain to fall most of every day this week, including a brief rain shower yesterday afternoon. And even more thankful the cold front causing the thunderstorms tomorrow night, will only dip the temps 20 degrees. While quite the dip, why not complaining. From 60’s to mid 40’s by Thursday. Closer to seasonal weather for the start of January. And I don’t mind 40’s, as rain and not freezing rain, sleet or snow with those temps.

Good morning and back to routine for DH and me, and older one’s schedule continues today, and little one finishes her last 2 classes for her final semester next week. So one of us is lazy today, And I’m sure won’t see her this morning. I swear I heard her awake and chatting online at 3 am this morning. Sigh. Youth, I was never that late night college kid, though. Night owl I am not usually.

An incomprehensible tragedy here last night. One of my DS worked with the slain chief years ago. Said he was an amazing person with a wonderful family & one of the best police officers he knew. Not sure how the family heals after such a loss

Unsettling to think that this situation could play out in the ‘idyllic suburbs’, 25-30 miles from
the inner city where the perp lived. Events started a half mile from my house via a traffic stop the first day wherein the felon managed to flee; then blocks from my DS home yesterday

https://triblive.com/local/valley-news-dispatch/very-active-shooting-scene-reported-in-brackenridge/

An incomprehensible tragedy here last night. One of my DS worked with the slain chief years ago. Said he was an amazing person with a wonderful family & one of the best police officers he knew. Not sure how the family heals after such a loss

Unsettling to think that this situation could play out in the ‘idyllic suburbs’, 25-30 miles from
the inner city where the perp lived. Events started a half mile from my house via a traffic stop the first day wherein the felon managed to flee; then blocks from my DS home yesterday

https://triblive.com/local/valley-news-dispatch/very-active-shooting-scene-reported-in-brackenridge/

Yeah was all over the news even where I live. Senseless. My condolences to his family and friends. Scary for you, as so close to your DS.

Hope you are enjoying this warmer weather. And I just saw, raining again,

Happy Late New Years!

I'm a little late because I had an abscessed tooth all last weekend! I ate oatmeal, cream of wheat, and ice cream.
Why does this have to happen during the holidays when everything is closed???? I wouldn't go to the ER and sit with all the other people who probably have covid, and the flu. No way. So I took pain pills, used ice packs, and grumbled a lot!
Got into the dentist at 8am this morning! Yea! Tooth is pulled and I am still on oatmeal and soup today, but No Pain.
Not the best New Years I've had, but hoping we all have a great 2023:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter