Something About Nothing ... #12

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by macraven, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Thanks all.. I am staying home today from work so that I can fully get better. Happy Tuesday.

No countdown post today because my countdown is on my office white board... so I don't know my numbers.. I think it's 54 days now.

2. Chuckers

68 Santa statues is okay.. 70 would be tipping the scales into obsession... ;)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

5. Charade67

Charade67 Whatcha *do*-in'?

I agree with Pooh, we need some sun here in VA.

Today is B’s 17th birthday. I can’t believe how the years have flown by.

I need to get her to school and me to work.

keishashadow likes this.
  6. keishashadow

keishashadow Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!

Morning all! Nice to hear all are well & the vacation countdowns keep on ticking

I'm slightly ahead of schedule here, good thing as yesterday when clearing off a tall shelf with one of those grabber things vs step stool (my short homies will understand lol) a 2 gallon full Tupperware container slipped & corked me in back of head. Still have headache, eye turning in, feel like shrek. Priorities, the first thing i thought of was OMG i need stitches, can't get my hair dyed on Thursday. Just a brush burn though, phew lol. Probably will sting but I'll man up.

No lounging around on BF I'm sure. Any idea when they open? Hoping to snag one of those battery 40 volt kolbalt least blowers for the mr. The big one is a production to fire up all the time.

Never had a real tree, too much of a commitment for me lol. Who is going to water the tree while you are gone?

Yikes, my mom got that in nursing home, 10 days antibiotics & she was fine. What's weird is they said she 'caught' it from taking another antibiotic.

Beautiful head of hair

PS nice to meet you. I dub you "T"

Sounds like fun stuffs. Any drag queens participate? A few of my parents' friends did the rounds, complete with the women in the crinoline skirts & guys in full blown cowboy attire.

If your hair has been processed to a lighter color even via highlights, it's been bleached...no matter what the box or stylist says.:p

The way it was explained to me Locks of love will accept such hair, but not utilize for their needs as to wigs for children, etc. Processed is not as strong as virgin hair, would be a waste of $ to make the wig if strands will break/not be viable. I'd still donate it, assume they are able to 'flip' the hair in some fashion to make $ to support their cause & that's what's really important in the end. :)

schumigirl likes this.
  7. schumigirl

Oh it was a fake tree Keisha we ordered.........we don't do real trees ever, far too much work there...........although the bigger outdoor one is real........but we don't need to worry about that......we get enough damp and rain........ :D

Ouch on the bash on the head!!!! Yes, I`m not overly tall either and have stretched for many an item that I really shouldn't have stretched for.......never ends well!!!! And yep, I`d have thought on my hair first too........lol........hope it`s not too sore........

keishashadow likes this.
  8. Lynne G

Lynne G DIS Veteran

Sick bay alert, Chuckers, hope you are feeling better. Keisha, bump on head, oh my. Hope all is well and that bump does nothing more than a homer duh.

Schumi, hope all is well. Yep, fake trees for us. See, older one does not do well with pollen, that even indoor plants still put in the air, so no live plants of any kind for us.

Short one here too. Yeah, been known to use a step ladder or chair, and always think it won't be that hard. LOL

and a big Happy Birthday to B.

[​IMG]

9. Lynne G

Lynne G DIS Veteran

And, since no count down by Chuckers.

[​IMG] Do you know that the factors of 36 are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, and 36? Common factor is a single 1.

Oh my, just over a month now. And,

[​IMG] days until [​IMG]

10. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

HB to charade's b!

11. Chuckers

At the annual Gay Square Dance Convention, there's a Drag Contest and at the weekend long fly-ins, there's usually a theme night and we get a few drag queens. I tend to shy away from straight clubs because of the dress code. Many are relaxing that code now in order to attract new blood. We don't have any dress code, but mostly, men are asked to wear sleeves, no tank tops.

keishashadow likes this.
  12. keishashadow

keishashadow Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!

Today I snagged a week rental for compact on dollar $103 for trip. Saving $130 or so over Alamo full size. Used car rental savers but their citispecial in same ballpark. At that rate I'll slum it lol

I missed Bs happy happy. Enjoy, Oh to be 17 again! Naw lol

Looking for a gypsy to read the bumps on my noggin at least his point

Pot of meatballs and sauce simmering away, love that smell

Chuckers likes this.
  13. Lynne G

Lynne G DIS Veteran

Can we come for dinner? Little one made pasta last night. May be some leftover Keisha. Nice score on the rental. I'm sticking with Alamo with Midsize. I keep checking, but scary prices from what I had snagged months ago. But, over the holidays, yeah, pricey rentals, and well, everything. My RPR is almost 4 times as pricey. Oh well. It's when we travel. Hope those bumps on your noggin go away fast. Least you didn't knock yourself out. LOL [​IMG]

keishashadow likes this.
  14. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

Queen of great car rentals strikes again!

This adds to your bar budget

keishashadow likes this.
  15. agavegirl1

agavegirl1 DIS Veteran

Hi Homies. I know it is late. I am finally enjoying a glass of wine for my birthday....I hate it when my birthday is a random weekday.

keishashadow and Chuckers like this.
  16. Lynne G

Lynne G DIS Veteran

[​IMG] Happy Birthday Agavegirl1. Lovely, a glass of wine is a great way to celebrate a birthday. Hope you have a great birthday, even if it's on a random weekday.

17. schumigirl

[​IMG]

Hope you had a great day agavegirl1............

21 again..........:D

18. schumigirl

19. Lynne G

Lynne G DIS Veteran

[​IMG][​IMG]

Double camel reminder today. Yep, Wednesday it is. And the week-end may be coming sooner than you think. Also means Pooh and gang are 2 days away from vacation. All that deserves a Wahoo!

Darn mother nature. Excuse me, it's not winter yet. Below freezing overnight, and a 36 degree start to my day. Scraping the ice off car windows is not appreciated either. Sigh. Cooler days are here. But we are in the last 2 months of the year. Ack. Where has the time gone.

With that, I need tea.

Later homies.

20. schumigirl

Yep........it`s Wednesday..........

Been out new boot shopping this morning.......got ankle pair and full length to knee boots too......I love new boots!!!!

Pretty cold but sunny out, so was lovely out shopping was 6c which is 42F..........pleasant in the sunshine........but winter has arrived!!! Veg is roasting in the oven before I blitz it to make soup for lunch.........Butternut squash and a variety of other veg in fridge......should be nice........

Night out tonight with friend as usual......will wear new boots I think........:D

Have a great Wednesday..........

keishashadow likes this.
  21. Metro West

Metro West Nothing to see here...move along.

Believe it or not...this is what I miss about living in Virginia...the cold temps around holiday time. I still have a hard time with the old Christmas spirit when it's 86 degrees and sunny and Thanksgiving is almost as bad. I would much rather run around in a sweater and heavy coat than shorts and a t-shirt for holiday time. The rest of the winter it can be warm and sunny but only after New Years Day.