Something About Nothing ... #12

Hi Kids! I'm so happy to be back to work.. not really.. but my housemate had his molar pulled last night, so he and his wife will be home nursing his wounded mouth.. so, I'm actually happy to be out of the house because it's getting harder to have them living in my house. (Well, her, not him.. she's a pill - as my grandmother would say.)

• 53 is the atomic number of Iodine
  • 53 is the maximum number of players on a National Football League roster
  • "53 More Things to Do in Zero Gravity" is a book mentioned in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • 53 is the racing number of Herbie The Love Bug
  • Precinct 53 was the fictional precinct in 'Car 54, Where Are You?'
  • For 53 years, the Grinch put up with the Who's Christmas cheer before he stole Christmas.

Hopefully, I'll get to see some Whos at Seuss Landing in Islands of Adventure when I am there in 53 days!!!!

53_by_spawner8-d6s1afp.jpg

Believe it or not...this is what I miss about living in Virginia...the cold temps around holiday time. I still have a hard time with the old Christmas spirit when it's 86 degrees and sunny and Thanksgiving is almost as bad. I would much rather run around in a sweater and heavy coat than shorts and a t-shirt for holiday time. The rest of the winter it can be warm and sunny but only after New Years Day.

The first year we moved to South Florida (1989), after living in NY/NJ for all my life, we were outside in the hot tub on Christmas Eve and I thought, 'this is wrong.'

Believe it or not...this is what I miss about living in Virginia...the cold temps around holiday time. I still have a hard time with the old Christmas spirit when it's 86 degrees and sunny and Thanksgiving is almost as bad. I would much rather run around in a sweater and heavy coat than shorts and a t-shirt for holiday time. The rest of the winter it can be warm and sunny but only after New Years Day.

I can see why Todd.

I like seasons......I like winter to be winter when it`s supposed to be........I have relatives who used to live in Australia, and indeed had a day on the beach Christmas Day........so wrong on so many levels.

Can you order us plenty of sunshine for first week in December though.........:D

Good morning. I woke up with a headache this morning. I hope that doesn’t set the tone for the rest of the day.
Dinner last night was a restaurant similar to Benihana where they cook the food at your table. We were so stuffed that we decided to save the birthday cake for tonight.

B got permission from all of her teachers to let her take her mid-terms early, and C has someone covering the exam he has to give on the 18th. I think we are now good to go. I still feel like I should be planning more though. It’s hard to get out of mouse mode.

Keisha - I can totally relate to the height problems. I’m 5’ 2”. Hope your head is feeling better.

Chuckers - Hope you are feeling better today.

Happy birthday Agavegirl!

Metro - When it gets really cold here (and especially when it snows) that’s when I miss living in Florida. I hated Florida summers though. I just don’t do well with extreme temperature hot or cold.

TIme to head out to school and work again.

The first year we moved to South Florida (1989), after living in NY/NJ for all my life, we were outside in the hot tub on Christmas Eve and I thought, 'this is wrong.'
Yeah...same here in 2004...walking to the mailbox in shorts and flip flops.

Metro - When it gets really cold here (and especially when it snows) that’s when I miss living in Florida. I hated Florida summers though. I just don’t do well with extreme temperature hot or cold.
I hear ya...summer down here is murder. The difference between Florida summers and Virginia summers is the daily showers happen here...not in Virginia. It can get very stagnant in the Commonwealth in the summer with the humidity and no rain.

I can see why Todd.
I like seasons......I like winter to be winter when it`s supposed to be........I have relatives who used to live in Australia, and indeed had a day on the beach Christmas Day........so wrong on so many levels.

Can you order us plenty of sunshine for first week in December though.........:D
That I can do.

Happy Birthday Agavegirl1...have a great day! :)

Yeah...same here in 2004...walking to the mailbox in shorts and flip flops.

I remember one New Year's in So. Florida when the temperature was in the upper 30s. Freak cold snap.. we had rolling black outs because everyone had electric heat and the power grid couldn't handle it.

Okay, I do love the seasons, but why we are coming to FLA for the holidays is because we are hoping for unusually hot temps while there. Sorry, but sunny and hot for Christmas is one we like getting used to. Ah, it's going to be around 50 this afternoon. And lovely blue sky with some white clouds, and sun. Yes, a bright morning now. I will enjoy, as clouds and rain will arrive as I sleep. Hey, better not be below 32 and raining tomorrow morning. No icy driving fun for me yet. Please.

Chuckers - I just meant that I ran out of time to respond to you and Schumi, so I just offered a quick hello to the two of you.

I probably shouldn’t post when I am in a rush.

I knew what you meant.........hope the headache gets better........

:wave2:

Just saw your daughter had a birthday too........hope it was a good one for you all.......food sounds good!!!!!

I don't go out for another two hours or so.......and I`m starving now.......need to have a snack to keep me going.......I`m driving tonight so no wine for me.......

DH is planning on cooking Southern Fried Chicken for them........well, I just made up the marinade and coated it.......smells lovely already!!!

I need a snack.........

:bday: to agavegirl and a belated :bday:to B

Glad you're feeling better Chuck.

I love the thought of sitting in a hot tub on Christmas...bring on the heat.

Now I have to go back and read up on everything else I missed.

Okay, I do love the seasons, but why we are coming to FLA for the holidays is because we are hoping for unusually hot temps while there. Sorry, but sunny and hot for Christmas is one we like getting used to. Ah, it's going to be around 50 this afternoon. And lovely blue sky with some white clouds, and sun. Yes, a bright morning now. I will enjoy, as clouds and rain will arrive as I sleep. Hey, better not be below 32 and raining tomorrow morning. No icy driving fun for me yet. Please.
Oh I admit Christmas in Orlando can be nice especially if you're used to the cold weather especially if you are visiting. It look me quite a while to miss the cold weather (been here 14 years) but if you live down here long enough the same thing might happen to you. It's quite different being in Orlando as a resident as opposed to a visitor.

Having lived in both warm winter climates and cold winter climates, I'll take warm any day. Although I do like crisp fall days and snow, before it gets all ugly and dirty, is very pretty when it blankets the world around you. Being outside on a snowy, silent night when you can hear the snow landing is really, really peaceful and beautiful.

Having said that, I still want to retire to the Tampa Bay area. :)

Ah...it is Wednesday...the day before Thursday...which is my Friday, this week..........and I am sitting at work thinking I should be doing something. So, I decided it was a good time to pop in and see what's up with you peeps.

For those that are ailing or injured, I hope you are better soon.

For those hitting the road for vacation, I hope you have fun and return safe.

Morning, homies! LOL! What a whirlwind day! My feet hit the ground running this morning and this is the first time they've stopped. I've got myself and Corey packed...all that's left is the hubby and get Riley ready to go to the kennel.

Finally, peeps that understand just how humid it can get in VA. Oppressive.

I like seasons and I like for the weather to be season appropriate, what I don't handle well is day upon day upon day of gloomy gray weather. I need sunlight to function.

Sitting here regretting not having gone to the grocery store and pondering what I can scrounge up for dinner.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter