• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Same here- I have work to finish but I'm taking a little break.... Yay on the pedicure!

Enjoy the wine! So you're summer weather temps sound like ours- 70s mostly and a few 80s. I'd love to visit England one day. I've not been anywhere overseas, yet. I also want to go visit Poland! where my family comes from!

Poland was nice, but it was freezing cold when we went to visit Auschwitz. That was quite the experience.

The UK is lovely in places, some not so much...........Scotland is beautiful, would always recommend a visit to a lot of places there.......

Poland was nice, but it was freezing cold when we went to visit Auschwitz. That was quite the experience.

The UK is lovely in places, some not so much...........Scotland is beautiful, would always recommend a visit to a lot of places there.......

I think my grandparents are from the Warsaw area. Auschwitz must have been very somber yet needs to be seen.

Hopefully, in a few years, Joe and I can look at traveling abroad. You're the first one I'll ask for assistance!

Only visored England, Scotland and Wales, and Greece. Would like to see Germany.

Good dinner at Finnegans. Nice waiter too. Train over to IOA. Worked down after visiting potter. Now waiting for little one to ride Hulk. I am a ride weenie. Nice muggy night. Maybe Suess before leaving. Nighttime swim soon.

Have a great night all.

So I just went to CVS to pick up my Trulicity prescription (CVS isn't my regular pharmacy, but certain drugs I have to get there cause my prescription benefits are through Caremark), and the pharmacist tells me that there isn't a charge, even though I was totally expecting to pay $75 for the pens. I'm not complaining, but huh????

Good evening. Nothing much going on here today. I am in the process of wiping the hard drive on B’s old computer. We’re going to take it to Best Buy to be recycled.
B has requested a new bookcase for either her birthday or Christmas. She wants one larger than the current one she has. She has had the current one since before she was born. My former employers gave it to us when I was expecting her. When she gets he new bookcase we will put her old bookcase in the space where the computer used o be.

I also found out today that I need to her her some new shoes. THe members of the wind syphony have to be uniform including the shoes. SHe has been fitted for a dress which is paid for by the band boosters, but I have to buy the shoes. We have to go to the local dancewear store to get them. We will probably do that on Friday.

So all can do the math: Plane landed at 9:55pm, after leaving 40 minutes late, luggage, wet from setting out in the rain waiting for someone to move it, on the luggage carousel at 11:25pm. Solution: long day.
This sounds similar to tthe night I arrived back in December. Hope the rest of the week goes more smoothly.

She is going to be President of the Key Club this year. It is one of the top community clubs here. The only problem is it is just getting started back up it hasn't had good success in the past. Liv has to recruit new members, so they had her speak at Freshman orientation last night and boy was she nervous:scared:...She only had to talk about a minute or so but that was enough to make her stomach sick. She practiced her little speech about an hour and a half. In the end the three of us went with her to support her and she did just fine:thumbsup2... I suggested to her to take a college public speaking class this year. It did wonders for me years ago!
Ugh, public speaking. I’m almost phobic about it. I voluntarily took a class in high school. It was a prerequisite for theater. I also had to take a required semester of it in college. I don’t think I will ever be comfortable with public speaking.

I agree with the public speaking course- I took it too and it was very helpful! I still dont like it - but it doesnt cause me so much anxiety.
I don’t think I will ever decrease my anxiety. I took my college class online. I had to film myself giving speeches to a live audience and then submit it to the professor. We used some of dh’s students for the audience and dh did the filming. He thought I was exaggerating my fear until he saw that I was still shaking 15 minutes after I had finished the speech.

I seem to have lost my other quotes.

Schumi - Reading about all of your decorating makes me really want to get started on ours. We have to take it a little bit at a time though.

I have never traveled outside of the country. There are many places I would love to visit. Hopefully I will get to travel in the near future.

Only visored England, Scotland and Wales, and Greece. Would like to see Germany.

Good dinner at Finnegans. Nice waiter too. Train over to IOA. Worked down after visiting potter. Now waiting for little one to ride Hulk. I am a ride weenie. Nice muggy night. Maybe Suess before leaving. Nighttime swim soon.

Have a great night all.

Germany is lovely........after Switzerland it’s my second favourite country in mainland Europe.........doubt I’ll ever go back though.........

Glad you had nice evening.........my friend posted pics of the rain yesterday, glad it was all off for you to have a swim!!! They’re at PB too..........:thumbsup2

Good evening. Nothing much going on here today. I am in the process of wiping the hard drive on B’s old computer. We’re going to take it to Best Buy to be recycled.
B has requested a new bookcase for either her birthday or Christmas. She wants one larger than the current one she has. She has had the current one since before she was born. My former employers gave it to us when I was expecting her. When she gets he new bookcase we will put her old bookcase in the space where the computer used o be.

I also found out today that I need to her her some new shoes. THe members of the wind syphony have to be uniform including the shoes. SHe has been fitted for a dress which is paid for by the band boosters, but I have to buy the shoes. We have to go to the local dancewear store to get them. We will probably do that on Friday.

This sounds similar to tthe night I arrived back in December. Hope the rest of the week goes more smoothly.

Ugh, public speaking. I’m almost phobic about it. I voluntarily took a class in high school. It was a prerequisite for theater. I also had to take a required semester of it in college. I don’t think I will ever be comfortable with public speaking.

I don’t think I will ever decrease my anxiety. I took my college class online. I had to film myself giving speeches to a live audience and then submit it to the professor. We used some of dh’s students for the audience and dh did the filming. He thought I was exaggerating my fear until he saw that I was still shaking 15 minutes after I had finished the speech.

I seem to have lost my other quotes.

Schumi - Reading about all of your decorating makes me really want to get started on ours. We have to take it a little bit at a time though.

I have never traveled outside of the country. There are many places I would love to visit. Hopefully I will get to travel in the near future.

Have fun with the shopping for daughter......always fun buying stuff.........

Decorating is something we actually enjoy getting done......we are a little odd that way! The 4 rooms aren’t really affecting us too much being done at the one time.....apart from kitchen, but we get that back at night. Always nice to see them done of course.

Those countries will still be there in years to come.......I’m sure you’ll visit the places you want to.

I quite enjoyed public speaking.......whether it was my normal bunch, and occasionally it was a lot more.......but, I have quite an authorative voice when I put my mind to it, so if you can keep the attention it’s fine.......if anyone started whispering or was distracted, I would stop and wait till they noticed I had stopped........lol......then carried on!! Yep, I quite enjoyed it.......but I can fully understand why folks don’t feel comfortable doing it..........

Waiting on DS leaving for work, then shower, breakfast and out for some shopping I need to get........

Doesn’t look great weather wise today.........think our heatwave may be over..........

Morning Schumi. Happy Thursday. Nice your friend is here with us. Just a bit of a late afternoon rain. We got a little wet, with wet shirts, but it dried in a little while, as was very warm and muggy after that rain. Lovely late night swim. And we seem to hear many English, including a fun rowdy bunch at the pool.

Up this morning, not sure. Little one wants a 7:45 wake up. A promise of coffee may help. She saw a Starbucks in the hotel.

Have an awesome day all!

Oh and I have to say, not a fan of new F&F ride. First, even with our express passes, almost a 20 minutes ride. You go from 1 being held, to another, to wait some more, then another room to wait before getting on the ride. Each time, a free for all, with many trying to get in front of you. We had the first row, and I thought the driver was creepy, and the video not that good. In fact, little one said most of the video looks like you are in a video game, where quality of the scenery is cartoon like. It may be a one and done, not sure. We may try again later.

Time to rise. So off to the shower, then wake little one. She is so a night owl.

So I just went to CVS to pick up my Trulicity prescription (CVS isn't my regular pharmacy, but certain drugs I have to get there cause my prescription benefits are through Caremark), and the pharmacist tells me that there isn't a charge, even though I was totally expecting to pay $75 for the pens. I'm not complaining, but huh????

Free is the best rate
Hope it happens again for you

Hey you guys...……:wave2:

Lynne...….F & F is such a disappointment to so many, yes it does look like a cheap video game...….shame really. Glad weather is good for you.....I told my friends if they saw a woman with a daughter ask if her name is lynne ::yes::……...she replied back she`s not me who she knows will speak to anyone......lol......she`s my quiet friend!!!!

Hey mac...……:wave2: I`m late catching up...…….

Vicki......when are you at Aventura???

Yes mac I'm working today. I need to get ready soon but I'm procrastinating.

Carole, we are at Aventura Sept 18 - 25...meet you at the rooftop bar :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter