Sharon's Journal -150 here I come!

Hi Sharon,

Phew, I'm wiped out just reading your schedule!!!!! Did you get the taxes done? I'm glad you are doing well. I'm so curious to hear about the 3H, 8M stuff. I have been doing a Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack regime for a while and find it is much more satisfying than 3 squares (not that I've ever successfully eaten just 3 squares anyhow). I have an 8 minute TaeBo tape that I keep intending to do in the morniing, what a great way to start the day!

Thanks for all your encouragement in my journal. You have the greatest things to say :grouphug:

Sunny

Just a quick note in the journal. NYC was fantastic. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we walked and walked!!! :cool1: Did a bunch of fun things and enjoyed ourselves immensly! :flower:

Today is a difficult day. We are burying my FIL today - 8 weeks later! :guilty: It is so difficult because we had all begun the healing process and now we have to go back to where we were and begin again. It is overcast and gloomy and it mirrors my mood. :sad: He wasn't buried at the time because it was winter and this small cemetary where they have plots doesn't bury in the winter. :sad2:

On a positive note, I received the 8 minutes in the morning and 3 hour diet books. They look promising. I have not completed reading them yet. I hope to finish this weekend, so that I may begin fresh on Monday. I am not sure if that will be possible, but I am going to try!! :Pinkbounc

That's all for today. I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. I will get to journals during the week! :grouphug:

TTFN - Sharon

Well, it is a new week and I am starting a new program!! :banana: I am going to follow the Jorge Cruise 3 hour Diet and 8 minutes in the morning!! :Pinkbounc I am excited and hopeful that this will be the answer for me in my weight loss struggle.

The program emphasizes balanced meals and reasonable calories (1,400 per day). The key is in eating faithfully every 3 hours. It will be difficult for me, but I am determined to try. I am off to a good start this morning so far. I had a banana and 1 slice of bacon at 7 am. At 10 am I had 3/4 cup of honey nut Cheerios. I am on my 4th glass of water for the day. Jorge recommends 8 - 8oz glasses per day. I have to increase that for my caffinated coffee ( 2 glasses per cup! :earseek: I'll be floating for sure!!! :rotfl: ) The meals for me won't be perfectly balanced to start, but I figure I can at least start getting used to the 3 hour timing until I manage to go shopping and have better choices. The program promises weight loss of 2 pounds per week. If that were to hold true for me, I will reach my goal by August 15th! :cheer2: Honestly, it would be a dream come true. I am SOOOO hopeful!

The program also emphasizes a lot of visualization, positive thinking and inspiring quotes. Today's quote is Failing to plan is planning to fail. - Effie Jones This is so very true. I have found time and time again, if I don't have an eating plan, I tend to fall off the wagon very quickly.
The 8 Minutes in the Morning seems rather simple right now. Certainly nothing too strenuous. The hard part is getting the right rythm going. It emphasizes resistance training. This plan promises 6 inches off my waist in 4 weeks! :earseek: Again, it seems a little farfetched, but once you read the concepts and reasoning, it seems pretty legit. Here's hoping anyways!! :banana:

So WISH me luck as I embark on this new leg of my weight loss journey! I am feeling like I may actually reach my destination this time!!! :moped:

Have a great Monday!

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

Hi Sharon! :wave2:

These new programs sound good! I'll be especially interested to see how the Jorge Cruise 3 Hour Diet goes since I am looking for a diet I can manage. I am so excited for you! :Pinkbounc You sound positive and ready to go with this Sharon! :goodvibes By the way... I love your new journal title too! :teeth:

Have a wonderful day today! :teeth:

Thanks Tracy! :cool1:

I am having a GREAT day today! I had a Lean Cuisine frozen meal for lunch with a low fat yogurt. I am grabbing some carrots to eat on my way to DS's baseball game and I am planning a big salad for dinner - notice the "planning" part?! :earboy2: I have also upped my water considerably today. I am feeling oh so confident and positive!!! :flower: I am on my way!!! :cheer2:

Hi Sharon,

I'm sorry that I haven't been around. You sound like you are in a better place. I am so proud of the way you have been handling all the stress you have been under. Good luck on the new program. You sound ready to tacke a new challenge.

Take care,
Beth

Beth - thanks for stopping by. I am doing better, handling all my stresses as they come. One day at a time, right?!

Todays quote:
"Take heed; you do not find what you do not seek." English Proverb

S, in other words, if I do not conscieniously try to lose weight, I will not. VERY important reminder! ;)

Yesterday ended up just okay. My schedule is still quite hectic, so although I had a great plan, I was unable to carry it out because it was beyond my control. I think if I planned better, I might have better results. I am looking at this week as a trial run of sorts. I am attempting to stick to the 3 hour time frame, but if it isn't perfect yet, that will be okay. I also need to get better foods and be more prepared in the mornings! :Pinkbounc

Today I had a banana and a slice of bacon at 6:30 am. 3/4 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios at 10( well 11:30 by the time I finished :blush: ) two chicken breast strips at 2. I have carrots for 5 and I am not quite sure about dinner, but I need to stop at the store anyhow, so I will pick something up. I definitely don't have balanced plates yet, but I will continue to work towards that. Water has been okay today, but I definitely need to get in more! :drinking1 I will work on that! ::yes::

So that is it so far today. I think I am doing okay. i will continue to work on this!! :p

Hi Sharon! Just thought I'd jump on in and encourage you!! I love that quote...how trtue that is. I think I'm gonna print it out and tape it to the top of my scale. Keep on workin' it, girlfriend...you can do it!!!

Hi Sharon!

I just love how positive and sunny you sound about this new program you are trying! :goodvibes Good for you, Sharon! :cool1:

Have a great Tuesday evening! :flower:

Good morning Sharon! :sunny: It's me again :teeth: .....

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for your kind words in my journal. You have been a great source of encouragement to me and your kind words always bless my day. Thank you Sharon! You are a wonderful friend! :hug:

How did yesterday go for you? Yesterday was a long day for me that ended up with me getting sick. Yikes! I hope your day proved to be better than mine. ;)

Take care Sharon and have a wonderful day! :sunny:

Hi Sharon!! Just dropping by to say hello!! Rooting you on for a GREAT Wednesday...have a fabulous one sweetie!!! :goodvibes

Hi Sharon,

You sound so postive and upbeat :goodvibes :cool1: I'm happy for you. Yes, planning is so key in this weightloss battle. I could use more of it::yes::

I hope today is another fantastic day :sunny:

Sunny

Tracy, Mary, Sunny - thanks for checking on me and all your encouragement. One of the reasons I keep on trying to lose this weight is because of all the support I get from this board. Thank you!!! :grouphug:

Today is going well.

B- 6:30ish banana and 1 slice bacon
S- 10:00 fat free saltines with laughing cow cheese
L- 1:00 lean Cuisine
S - 4:00 yogurt
D - will be about 7 baked chicken, raw broccoli with fat free dressing, 1/2 cup rice
Treat - reeses PB cup

Yes, this program allows treats!!! isn't that great! :cool1: Water today has been good as well. Still not back to the 100 oz I was at last year, but improving each day.
the scale this morning had me down 1.5 lbs since Sunday. I know some of that is water weight from TOM that visited last week. If I saw another 1 to 1.5 lbs drop by this Sunday, I'll be on :cloud9: !!! The program is easy to follow as far as food goes. The hardest part is remembering to eat evry 3 hours! You really need to be faithful to that for it to work best.

I am confident and :sunny: today, even though it is dreary outside. I've got a big planning meeting with the other parents tonight. 7th grade has to host a reception and then a catered dinner for this years eigth grade graduation. As 7th grade room mother, i am in charge. I have been begging the other parents to step up and volunteer to help since I am so swamped with everything else right now. I have a good feeling about it, that it will work out well. :teeth:

That's my story for today! Gotta run!

Hi Sharon,

I hope that you are able to get a small army of volunteers. You are doing an awesome job. 1.5 pounds is an awesome start. Keep up the great work. You are sounding so positive, and I am happy for you.

Take care,
Beth

Thanks Beth! Yes, I did get a lot of volunteers, so that is a big relief!! :goodvibes Most importantly, I got someone to chair the decorations, which I believe will be the most time consuming part. :bitelip:

The new program is going SO well! This morning the scale was down to 178, which is a 3 lb loss since Monday. Now I know part of it is because TOM was around last week. But, 3 days and 3 lbs is incredible for me!! :Pinkbounc I am just that much more hopeful that this is the program for me!! :teeth:

Food today is going very well. I am on schedule with my 3 hour intervals and the food has been very OP. Water is also continuing to be good! Please oh please let this continue for at least several weeks!!!! :rotfl:

So far, I have to say I am pleased with the Jorge Cruise Diet. But keep in touch and we'll see where I am in a few weeks. (Hopefully I'll be 5 lbs lighter!! :cheer2: )

Have a great day!!

Congratulations Sharon,

You seem to have found a program that works for you. Sometimes that is 1/2 the battle. Keep up the phenomenal work.
Have a great weekend,
Beth

Sharon, I'm so glad you found a program that's working for you!! It's awesome to see you so excited about it...that's always so motivating and inspiring to me!!!! I've been eating in 3 hour intervals as well...has really helped me a lot. Keep up the GREAT work, hon!!! :)

Sharon,

I am just excited for you! :goodvibes Congratulations on your 3 pound loss! That is wonderful! This program seems like a keeper! Great job Sharon! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter