~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

Cheryl keep your snow upstate.

I went to roosevelts house in Oyster Bay once it was fun.

Need to go pick up the girl later.

LOL We need to stop using each other for inspiration, at some point we'll catch up with eachother. :rotfl2:

Sorry I didn't post my Mickey Mail... it was nothing too special, just telling us about our trip and what other things we can spend $$ on while in WDW. :wizard:

D~

:rotfl: So true. But we'll deal with that when we get there!

I believe any Mickey Mail is special! I get excited over the free trip planning DVD! :laughing: It's all magical! :wizard:

Cheryl keep your snow upstate.

I went to roosevelts house in Oyster Bay once it was fun.

I kept planning to go during the summer, but never quite made it. It's a bit too far for a day trip, but not really far enough to justify staying overnight.

Speaking of trips, did I read somewhere that D~ is going to WDW? I think she's brewing her way there. Maybe stewing her way there. I think it has something to do with food because she's trying to gain weight.

:bday: to your daughter and Nini.

Tell her lots of people have a birthday today. Theodore Roossevelt was born on this day (I think anyway...maybe it was FDR it has been too long since I looked it up...) So was my husband's little cousin...oh yeah...me too!

(although I am a bit older than 10...)

Nini

Happy Birthday Nini - sorry I missed it... I Hope you had a wonderful day!!! :thumbsup2

Oh, I see you've been working on your tote!

ACK!!!! Andrea.... You can't do that... :eek: Here I sit, trying to be all suspenseful all the time :surfweb: and you just come on in and guess what I am doing. :rotfl2:

For the record... Nope, it's not a Donald tote. :rolleyes1

I have a teapot from which Theodore Roosevelt was served tea. I've been doing some research on him lately (primarily because the relative from whom I got the teapot has since died and I can't ask her to repeat the story she told approximately 4,397 times about the teapot--a couple of my details are a little sketchy).

He was a fascinating person in addition to being president. I highly recommend The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris.

(D~, just helping you to get to 250 pages so you can have a PTR with Cheryl Trivia thread Part 2)
My father's uncle (great uncle probably) was a minister serving in Oyster Bay, NY. Apparently one of his daughters babysat for the Roosevelts so the wife invited TR (BTW, he hated being called Teddy, so good job Nini referring to him as Theodore) for tea one afternoon.

Hey, D. Are you sure you want me to come back?

PS It wasn't just snow flurries, it's accumulating.

That is an excellent story. :thumbsup2 Yes, I am glad you are back (Andrea too).

The benefit to the accumulating snow, is that it makes that barbed wire fence shorter. popcorn::

:rotfl: So true. But we'll deal with that when we get there!

I believe any Mickey Mail is special! I get excited over the free trip planning DVD! :laughing: It's all magical! :wizard:

LOL I know, I need to order a new one, mine is pretty old. I still love the first one I have though - that's the best one. Not sure what year, probably around 2002-03???

I kept planning to go during the summer, but never quite made it. It's a bit too far for a day trip, but not really far enough to justify staying overnight.

Speaking of trips, did I read somewhere that D~ is going to WDW? I think she's brewing her way there. Maybe stewing her way there. I think it has something to do with food because she's trying to gain weight.

:bday: to your daughter and Nini.

Yes, Cheryl, I am trying to gain weight. :banana: And, I am also going to WDW. :banana: And I brew a lot. :laughing:

the birthday was a success. Need to post some pictures to my trip report.

Yay... off to stalk your PTR now.

Oh, I just have to add... The project I was working on yesterday... :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc I am super excited! :banana: But I can't show you all until it's done, and it won't be done until the fabric I ordered yesterday gets here. I didn't want to order it, I kept holding out, but I just HAD to, or I couldn't finish. :eek: I hate it when I get so focused on something that I can't do anything else until I finish it. :confused3

Conferences today, and grocery shopping. My two favorite things, and I have to do it with DH's truck, since he is taking my car hunting. :rolleyes1

D~

Happy Birthday Nini - sorry I missed it... I Hope you had a wonderful day!!! :thumbsup2

ACK!!!! Andrea.... You can't do that... :eek: Here I sit, trying to be all suspenseful all the time :surfweb: and you just come on in and guess what I am doing. :rotfl2:

That is an excellent story. :thumbsup2 Yes, I am glad you are back (Andrea too).

The benefit to the accumulating snow, is that it makes that barbed wire fence shorter. popcorn::

LOL I know, I need to order a new one, mine is pretty old. I still love the first one I have though - that's the best one. Not sure what year, probably around 2002-03???

Yes, Cheryl, I am trying to gain weight. :banana: And, I am also going to WDW. :banana: And I brew a lot. :laughing:

Oh, I just have to add... The project I was working on yesterday... :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc I am super excited! :banana: But I can't show you all until it's done, and it won't be done until the fabric I ordered yesterday gets here. I didn't want to order it, I kept holding out, but I just HAD to, or I couldn't finish. :eek: I hate it when I get so focused on something that I can't do anything else until I finish it. :confused3

Conferences today, and grocery shopping. My two favorite things, and I have to do it with DH's truck, since he is taking my car hunting. :rolleyes1

D~

I have to say, I can't wait to see your Splash Mtn tote! (was I close?)

I'm not sure which statement is funnier...that you enjoy conferences; that you enjoy grocery shopping; or that your husband took your CAR hunting!

You guys in the north sure do things differently!

Around here, I hate conferences; hate grocery shopping (even though we count it as a school time at our house); and the husbands that hunt have a specific truck just for that...not the everyday truck, and no one would be caught dead hunting in a CAR!

LOL..

Nini

I'm not sure which statement is funnier...that you enjoy conferences; that you enjoy grocery shopping; or that your husband took your CAR hunting!

Around here, I hate conferences; hate grocery shopping (even though we count it as a school time at our house); and the husbands that hunt have a specific truck just for that...not the everyday truck, and no one would be caught dead hunting in a CAR!

LOL..

Nini

ROFL Nini... Nope, it's not a Splash tote either. :rotfl2: Good guess though.

Sorry, I refer to my Edge as a car... it's actually a cross-over. And I love it, but that's another story. The reason he is taking my "car" hunting, is because he has to drive 3+ hours, and his back has been bothering him... so it's a bit rough for him to drive the truck for that long. Besides, it's a family hunt... so there will only be 6 trillion other trucks there, so he will be able to find the "car" amongst all the trucks. :rotfl2: And he'll probably park the "car" at the lodge and keep it there all weekend??? I dunno... :confused3 I don't hunt.

D~ <----What should I call my "car"? LOL

Then it must be a Donald tote ;).

You are all sooooo close - yet so far. :rotfl2:

Just wait... It will be a few days - but I think you are all gonna love it! My dd came home from school yesterday and SCREAMED because she loved it - usually that's a good indicator.

D~ <--- if only I had the fabric, you could all see it today. :rotfl2: But you'll have to :surfweb:

I haven't posted any MP pages in the last couple of days, so I thought I'd to a MP update...

Day 4 ~ Epcot:

Photobucketday-4.jpg

(found this photo on several travel sites, not sure who it belongs to)

D~

D~
I can't wait to see what you are creating. I wish my fabric would come come so I can work on a quick project not the mega applique Christmas skirt.

LOL..

Nini

I live in NYC and I have no clue about hunting. I don't mind grocery shopping now because I order and it gets delivered. Much easier for me.

Sorry, I refer to my Edge as a car... it's actually a cross-over. And I love it, but that's another story. The reason he is taking my "car" hunting, is because he has to drive 3+ hours, and his back has been bothering him... so it's a bit rough for him to drive the truck for that long. Besides, it's a family hunt... so there will only be 6 trillion other trucks there, so he will be able to find the "car" amongst all the trucks. :rotfl2: And he'll probably park the "car" at the lodge and keep it there all weekend??? I dunno... :confused3 I don't hunt.

I call both our Edge and Durango cars Drives DH nuts.

Just wait... It will be a few days - but I think you are all gonna love it! My dd came home from school yesterday and SCREAMED because she loved it - usually that's a good indicator.

D~ <--- if only I had the fabric, you could all see it today. :rotfl2: But you'll have to :surfweb:

I hate waiting for fabric I think when I hit purchase it should pop out of the computer.

Need to post a list to my trip report and more pictures.

C and I are working on a fashion show later.

Where did you order fabric from? I hate ordering fabric! I'm afraid I'm going to have to today....or make a run to a different Joann's. They haven't had my polka dots the last few visits.

Fedex Delivered my embroidery machine yesterday!:banana:
I explained to the kids how this machine is magic and sews all by itself.
They were very excited to see it work it's magic!

I get it set up and discover the nut to tighten the hoop is missing :eek:.
DH didn't have any around that would work ina pinch.
So off to the repair shop today!

D~

D~

Okay ... I was going to guess Donald. Then Splash Mtn. So ... is it Donald riding Splash Mtn? :confused3

Totally can't wait to see it!

And thanks for shooting down both guesses before I was able to make them. :rotfl2:

D~

Ohh I wish I still had the old ones...I have the two newest ones yet but I have no clue what happened to all the other ones. :confused3 What a bummer. I need to watch them again. :goodvibes :rotfl2:

Where did you order fabric from? I hate ordering fabric! I'm afraid I'm going to have to today....or make a run to a different Joann's. They haven't had my polka dots the last few visits.

Oh no I hope you can use your embroidery machine soon and post what you create. I love my embroidery machine.

Okay off to update my trip report with this weekends list and some pictures of the present opening oh and you will have to wait for the fashion show because we only have 2 dolls dressed so far.

OH and there will be a follow up on Monday when she gets the last outfit :)

I can't wait to see what you are creating. I wish my fabric would come come so I can work on a quick project not the mega applique Christmas skirt.

Yes... but we want you to work on the mega Christmas skirt. :surfweb:

I call both our Edge and Durango cars Drives DH nuts.

Good, then I am not the only one... I jsut don't know what to call it... It's not a car, it's not an SUV... it's a crossover - but I can't call it "Crossover"... maybe I should name it? :confused3

I hate waiting for fabric I think when I hit purchase it should pop out of the computer.

I hate ordering it too... but I love shopping for it. :banana: And the prices are waaaay better online (usually - even with shipping) than going to my local snooty fabric store.... and there's more selection online too. Usually, my local fabric store only carries one colorway, and I want a different colorway.

Need to post a list to my trip report and more pictures.

C and I are working on a fashion show later.

Yay - I'll be watching for it! :lovestruc

Usually, I order online at Etsy... All of the sellers I've encountered are SUPER nice and SUPER accomodating. And (it seems) the quality is better - at least for the designer fabrics - than at JoAnn's.

That is awesome!!! Whatdidya get???? Some day I will own an embroidery machine. :surfweb:

Oh no, I hope you are able to get your part.

Okay ... I was going to guess Donald. Then Splash Mtn. So ... is it Donald riding Splash Mtn? :confused3

I'll be sending you the bill for the keyboard cleaning I just had to do. Fortunate for you, I am talented, and I was able to do it myself - so the bill is much cheaper. :rolleyes1

And, no, it isn't Donald riding Splash Mountain. Although - that is a fabulous idea... :banana:

And thanks for shooting down both guesses before I was able to make them. :rotfl2:

Anytime.... :thumbsup2

Ohh I wish I still had the old ones...I have the two newest ones yet but I have no clue what happened to all the other ones. :confused3 What a bummer. I need to watch them again. :goodvibes :rotfl2:

I know... I want to watch them too... with a bowl of popcorn... popcorn::

D~ <---- will be back later, if I survive conferences. :eek:

Yes... but we want you to work on the mega Christmas skirt. :surfweb:

I ordered all the designs and am downloading them so I can print the stitchmaps. Maybe I will start this weekend.

hate ordering it too... but I love shopping for it. :banana: And the prices are waaaay better online (usually - even with shipping) than going to my local snooty fabric store.... and there's more selection online too. Usually, my local fabric store only carries one colorway, and I want a different colorway.

I love ordering too. I have been ordering things I don't really need LOL but would be so cute

Usually, I order online at Etsy... All of the sellers I've encountered are SUPER nice and SUPER accomodating. And (it seems) the quality is better - at least for the designer fabrics - than at JoAnn's.

I only have Joanns and I love designer fabric so I shop a lot on Etsy

Nini
I don't know anything about hunting but I do know that around DC, I certainly hate grocery shopping! It is like laundry, a never finished job! Of course if I wanted to hunt deer, I wouldn't have to go any further than my own backyard. We have about 50 of them living behind us!

I think your car needs a name. If your sewing machine has a name, shouldn't your car?

Then it must be a Donald tote ;).
That's what I thought too! Maybe it's Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy on the tote? That's a lot of hand applique though! Can't wait to see it.

I'll be sending you the bill for the keyboard cleaning I just had to do. Fortunate for you, I am talented, and I was able to do it myself - so the bill is much cheaper. :rolleyes1

And, no, it isn't Donald riding Splash Mountain. Although - that is a fabulous idea... :banana:

Send the bill my way. I'll file it where I file the other bills I get -- File 13 is getting pretty full ... but there's still room for at least one more. :thumbsup2

If it's not Donald riding Splash Mtn, then I'm all out ideas. :confused3

How about a hint? :worship:

:wave: oh I know what you're making....a new Donald outfit for yourself!!!
can't wait to see your new creation popcorn::

we have always named our cars! Jim's little dunebuggy is "Taz" which I gave to my nephew....Jim's truck was "Fred" my dear friends bought him from me and kept the name! also had a little VW beattle that was "Dino", my CR-V is "Petunia" .... so I highly recommend you name your "ride"!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter