~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I was actually checking in on my breaks... I just find it hard to quote on my phone.

Thanks... it was boring, as usual. I spent the day configuring my park bag in my head though - so at least I got something accomplished. :rotfl2: Now if I can transfer it from my head to fabric, then I'll be golden. :lovestruc

D~

Yeah, it can be a bit tricky trying to update from the phone. I have an iPhone and I zoom waaaay in so I can click the quote button. And as long as I don't want to add smilies and if I keep it short, I'm usually okay. :lmao:

Can't wait to hear more details on the park bag! I've been trying to decide if I want to do a bag this year or not. I loved just waltzing into the park while everyone was in line (it was quick moving, but still, a line). But then I was having issues with safe places to store my phone. :headache: So I'm torn.

So hurry up and get the bag transferred so we can all "oooohhh" and "aahhhhh" over it! :goodvibes

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I am happy to help clean someone else's house - MY house, on the other hand, I can only clean when the rest of the household is helping to do so. Otherwise I feel a bit like Cinderella with the Steps.:confused3

And D~ I'll take you up on the layover, but I will probably need to use that time to put our shirts together :rolleyes1 Just sayin' :rolleyes1

We put the heat on for the first time yesterday so your hot cups of cocoa are looking pretty good. :cold:

Hope it's okay to CASE your dress. I made a couple changes -- I did slender, delicate, feminine spaghetti straps on the top and just used one material for the skirt because I wanted to emphasize the gingerbread. Yes, those are gingerbread -- they only look like flattened ants because I made the picture small, out of respect for not hogging your PTR. (This is a fabric I had in my stash from the old days before I gave up sewing.)

swissmiss018.jpg

Feel free to CASE the hair accessories. I wanted them to look like Mickey ears, but I may have to do some tweaking for the full effect. :thumbsup2

PS Please, no bathroom humor about the little sign that says GAS. My husband was labeling the pipes in the basement. I told him I didn't need to know which pipes carried gas. If there was a problem with them I would not be in the basement trying to fix them, I would be a safe distance away!
Umm, we live much further south and have had the heat on for a while now. It's cold in the mornings. Like right now it's 60 degrees, though it's supposed to get to 79º this afternoon -- I don't think the heat has kicked in this morning as I only have it set at 70º.

I love your dress, but the hair accessories really complete the outfit. I hope D isn't too jealous of your creativity.

I started working out again on Monday but I am down 5lbs just by doing the protien shake in the AM.

I am exhausted this week but need to get some projects done.

I love your sewing room, when I finish closing my business next week and get that crap out of my basement I am reorganizing my sewing and scrapbook space.
I started working out too! Dieting just doesn't cut it for me b/c I really don't eat all that much (though I do make crappy food choices). I have done 4 days of the 30 day shred. It's only 25 minutes so I figured I start with that.

Closing your business? Do you mean your etsy shop?

Is none other than Eeyore...

Sorry about the lighting in the picture - believe it or not - it was actually a gloomy day today... How fitting. So, the main color of the outfit is lavender with a gray hue, and the contrasting color is plain ol' gray.

aIMG_2070.jpg

D~
Sweet! What about poor Piglet?

:lmao::lmao: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I confess .... I absolutely love to organize. I hate to clean, but if its organizing, I'm 100% down for it. :rotfl:

I swear the kids think I am insane ... You know the saying "There's an app for that!" Well ... "There's a box/drawer/shelf/etc for that!" DS has a 6 drawer organizer for his cars, trains, legos, and tracks (all sorted by type). Yup, I get the "I hate you mom" when I tell them that a toy car doesn't belong with the toy trains. :laughing: DH shakes his head -- and I think he tells the kids to ignore me when I'm not listening. :lmao:
You are so me -- I don't let the kids clean the playroom half the time b/c they don't put things exactly where they belong.

I am happy to help clean someone else's house - MY house, on the other hand, I can only clean when the rest of the household is helping to do so. Otherwise I feel a bit like Cinderella with the Steps.:confused3

And D~ I'll take you up on the layover, but I will probably need to use that time to put our shirts together :rolleyes1 Just sayin' :rolleyes1
I live closer to you than D does -- pick me, pick me! I like to organize but not clean. I always clean from the inside out. Closets, pantries the frig all get done first. So the insides look good but the outside not so hot.

Yeah, it can be a bit tricky trying to update from the phone. I have an iPhone and I zoom waaaay in so I can click the quote button. And as long as I don't want to add smilies and if I keep it short, I'm usually okay. :lmao:

I could only dream of having an Iphone... Hopefully my provider will offer it soon, since AT&T just bought them out.

Can't wait to hear more details on the park bag! I've been trying to decide if I want to do a bag this year or not. I loved just waltzing into the park while everyone was in line (it was quick moving, but still, a line). But then I was having issues with safe places to store my phone. :headache: So I'm torn.

So hurry up and get the bag transferred so we can all "oooohhh" and "aahhhhh" over it! :goodvibes

I am kind of unsure about the bag. My issue is this... I must make 28 more outfits... If I don't make the 28 more outfits, there won't be a WDW trip. So, I am trying really hard to prioritize, which is really hard, because sometimes I am inspired by other things. So, maybe I'll take a few minutes this morning to sketch out the bag - and maybe even color it in. Then I must crack the whip and make another outfit.

ROFL... You are welcome anytime Marianne. Yes, I've been thinkin' about our shirts this morning, because I have them open on the other screen... I really think they need to be embroidered. There is just no way to make the front fit with the back if I put a background on it. :confused3 Or we could just do it with out the front - but the front makes it cute - IMO. ONE MORE MONTH FOR YOU!!!! WAHOO!!!!!! :thumbsup2

OK, so today, I am going to sketch out my park bag. I really want to quilt it, but my brain is still trying to figure out how I want to do that portion of it. I can't even tell you all what the theme is going to be - but some of you can probably guess, because in the end, there is really only ONE theme it could be. I only plan to dedicate an hour to this.

Also, I am not sure which outfit I am doing next. Usually I have a plan, this time, I don't. :rolleyes1 I am getting really close to my half-way mark, on one hand I feel like this :banana: about it, and on the other, I feel like this :eek: I just feel like I have so much more to do.

Then, somewhere in there, I need to work out. popcorn::

D~

ANDREA!!!! You came back... I've been wondering how you're doing. :grouphug: Haven't seen you around these parts much lately.

Umm, we live much further south and have had the heat on for a while now. It's cold in the mornings. Like right now it's 60 degrees, though it's supposed to get to 79º this afternoon -- I don't think the heat has kicked in this morning as I only have it set at 70º.

I love your dress, but the hair accessories really complete the outfit. I hope D isn't too jealous of your creativity.

I am always jealous of Cheryl's creativity. Everything I do, I try to be just like Cheryl, can't you tell??? :worship:

I started working out too! Dieting just doesn't cut it for me b/c I really don't eat all that much (though I do make crappy food choices). I have done 4 days of the 30 day shred. It's only 25 minutes so I figured I start with that.

Good job Andrea... I am trying to stay motivated myself - it's just so hard sometimes.

Sweet! What about poor Piglet?

I know, I know, poor Piglet. Here's my conclusion on Piglet (and Rabbit)... If I do Piglet, he will look a lot like my Sleeping Beauty (pink), and if I do Rabbit, he will look a lot like my Belle (yellow)... so, I've opted not to do those two characters at this time.

However, at the end, if I run out of characters - I plan to do a "the ones I forgot" series. :rotfl2:

You are so me -- I don't let the kids clean the playroom half the time b/c they don't put things exactly where they belong.

I used to be like that. Now we don't have a toy room - problem eliminated. :rotfl2: However, I am very picky about the AG stuff - only because it's so expensive.

I live closer to you than D does -- pick me, pick me! I like to organize but not clean. I always clean from the inside out. Closets, pantries the frig all get done first. So the insides look good but the outside not so hot.

LOL Not me... I start from the outsides and work my way in... usually I don't get to the "in" part though. :rolleyes1

D~

ANDREA!!!!

Good job Andrea... I am trying to stay motivated myself - it's just so hard sometimes.

I used to be like that. Now we don't have a toy room - problem eliminated. :rotfl2: However, I am very picky about the AG stuff - only because it's so expensive.
D~

I have found that the only thing that FORCES me to exercise is when I sign up for a class. Since my knee is bad from hurting it over the summer, I am doing water aerobics this fall. The class is me and a large group of people from the senior apartments. I don't know how the seniors are keeping up though because the instructor is kicking my you know what!

I used to obsessive about picking up the toys and putting them all back together with their pieces together etc. I finally gave that up. Now my DD12's room is a nightmare and I just try not to go in there. Every time I do, I feel like I am going to have heart failure. I hate clutter and messiness. Except for DH's office (because he works from home and I am not messing with his stuff) and DD12's room, our house is pretty neat and organized. Getting rid of the toy room really helped with the mess. Once my kids hit 11 and 12, they really stopped playing with the toys anyhow. I agree with D about the AG stuff. I insist they keep that nice. It does cost to much to have it thrown around and not cared for.

Closing your business? Do you mean your etsy shop?

I haven't had my heat on yet though it is supposed to get cold today so I finally shut all the windows.

No Andrea I have an online scrapbooking store but with everything I do with James it is taking my toll on me. I need to simplify life and not make it more crazy.

I only have 6 more weeks till I can start getting my basement back for me.

I came over to your PTR frantically looking for Mickey Mail! I guess it hasnt been posted yet?!

LOVE YOUR BACK COVER IN YOUR M-P! :woohoo: I need to get crackin' on that thing! Seriously! "THIS weekend I'm going to do it" I keep telling myself! Yours is motivation! :thumbsup2

Yes, I have that issue, too. I prefer to not let the kids and DH do certain things, because then I have to go behind them and "fix" it. It's just easier for me to do it from the start ... then I'm not "Why can't they learn that the blue plates go here and the black ones go there?" (You get the picture.) :lmao::rotfl2:

I could only dream of having an Iphone... Hopefully my provider will offer it soon, since AT&T just bought them out.

We have the old ones... well, not the oldest... It's the 3GS (the smaller GB one). DH is considering moving us to Verizon next May when our contract is up and getting the 4S. I wanted one for a long time, but DH surprised me with one for our anniversary a couple years ago. We switched networks -- we weren't happy with our current one at all!

Fingers are crossed you can get one, too! :goodvibes

I am kind of unsure about the bag. My issue is this... I must make 28 more outfits... If I don't make the 28 more outfits, there won't be a WDW trip. So, I am trying really hard to prioritize, which is really hard, because sometimes I am inspired by other things. So, maybe I'll take a few minutes this morning to sketch out the bag - and maybe even color it in. Then I must crack the whip and make another outfit.

Maybe you'll get lucky and some of the outfits will be quicker to make and you'll have more spare time. :goodvibes I'll send speedy thoughts your way. ;)

OK, so today, I am going to sketch out my park bag. I really want to quilt it, but my brain is still trying to figure out how I want to do that portion of it. I can't even tell you all what the theme is going to be - but some of you can probably guess, because in the end, there is really only ONE theme it could be. I only plan to dedicate an hour to this.

Also, I am not sure which outfit I am doing next. Usually I have a plan, this time, I don't. :rolleyes1 I am getting really close to my half-way mark, on one hand I feel like this :banana: about it, and on the other, I feel like this :eek: I just feel like I have so much more to do.

Then, somewhere in there, I need to work out. popcorn::

D~

Hoping you have some free time! Would love to see the sketch! :goodvibes

You'll get it all done! We have faith in you! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

ANDREA!!!! You came back... I've been wondering how you're doing. :grouphug: Haven't seen you around these parts much lately

D~
I've been a little busy lately -- I had to work two days (Friday 9-5:30 and Monday 9-7:30) and that just throws everything off. I am behind on laundry. I got behind on cleaning, kid's crap, you name it. Plus these Halloween costumes which I'm supposed to be working on right now!!!! (spent the morning on Pinterst instead :eek:).

But I had to come back b/c I forgot to tell you my most exciting news. One of the girls I work with gave me her sewing machine b/c she never uses it. She thinks she got it right around the time she was married and she just celebrated her 23rd anniversary. I was hoping it was a 401 but it's obviously a newer model. I have no manual with it and have yet to try it. That will have to wait until after I get Halloween done. I'll post a pic next week. On quick look it appear to have an adjustable satin stitch so I am hoping it's better than mine for hand applique. I am going to my co-worker a tote for her dd for Christmas as a thank you -- she wants something with a lime green so I'll take some fabrics in to work and let her pick what she wants.

I haven't had my heat on yet though it is supposed to get cold today so I finally shut all the windows.

No Andrea I have an online scrapbooking store but with everything I do with James it is taking my toll on me. I need to simplify life and not make it more crazy.

I only have 6 more weeks till I can start getting my basement back for me.
I had no idea you had a scrapbook store -- you are Wonder Woman! I barely work and I can't even get around to opening an etsy shop as I would like to!

I came over to your PTR frantically looking for Mickey Mail! I guess it hasnt been posted yet?!

LOVE YOUR BACK COVER IN YOUR M-P! :woohoo: I need to get crackin' on that thing! Seriously! "THIS weekend I'm going to do it" I keep telling myself! Yours is motivation! :thumbsup2

LOL We need to stop using each other for inspiration, at some point we'll catch up with eachother. :rotfl2:

Sorry I didn't post my Mickey Mail... it was nothing too special, just telling us about our trip and what other things we can spend $$ on while in WDW. :wizard:

I've been a little busy lately -- I had to work two days (Friday 9-5:30 and Monday 9-7:30) and that just throws everything off. I am behind on laundry. I got behind on cleaning, kid's crap, you name it. Plus these Halloween costumes which I'm supposed to be working on right now!!!! (spent the morning on Pinterst instead :eek:).

But I had to come back b/c I forgot to tell you my most exciting news. One of the girls I work with gave me her sewing machine b/c she never uses it. She thinks she got it right around the time she was married and she just celebrated her 23rd anniversary. I was hoping it was a 401 but it's obviously a newer model. I have no manual with it and have yet to try it. That will have to wait until after I get Halloween done. I'll post a pic next week. On quick look it appear to have an adjustable satin stitch so I am hoping it's better than mine for hand applique. I am going to my co-worker a tote for her dd for Christmas as a thank you -- she wants something with a lime green so I'll take some fabrics in to work and let her pick what she wants.

That is awesome... You know how jealous I would be if it was a 401??? Marianne already has one, and if you got one, I just don't know what I'd do??? :eek: I can't wait to see what it is though! :lovestruc

I had no idea you had a scrapbook store -- you are Wonder Woman! I barely work and I can't even get around to opening an etsy shop as I would like to!

Chiara!!! I was thinkin' the same thing... I'm pretty sure you are wonder woman... You should make yourself a costume for Halloween. :thumbsup2

OK, must go back to my sewing room... I just came down to print something off, and of course, I had to refresh... :worship:

D~

Aw thanks girls. I wish I had wonder woman's body:rotfl2:

I need to go wrap birthday presents for my girl so I can post pictures tonight. Good thing the girl wants take out so I just need to order when I go pick her up from dance and stop by the bakery for cupcakes.

Speaking of gloomy, it's snowing here!!!

Do you think it's snowing at WDW? I don't think so, but I dare not check the temp because then I'll be extra gloomy because I'm sure it's not in the 30s!!!

Speaking of gloomy, I love Eeyore. Poor guy has the worst of luck with his tail, doesn't he, but I love how that's what you featured.

Is none other than Eeyore...

Sorry about the lighting in the picture - believe it or not - it was actually a gloomy day today... How fitting. So, the main color of the outfit is lavender with a gray hue, and the contrasting color is plain ol' gray.

aIMG_2070.jpg

D~

:eeyore:

Do you think it's snowing at WDW? I don't think so, but I dare not check the temp because then I'll be extra gloomy because I'm sure it's not in the 30s!!!

Speaking of gloomy, I love Eeyore. Poor guy has the worst of luck with his tail, doesn't he, but I love how that's what you featured.

83 and sunny....

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Aw thanks girls. I wish I had wonder woman's body:rotfl2:

Don't we all. :rotfl2:

I need to go wrap birthday presents for my girl so I can post pictures tonight. Good thing the girl wants take out so I just need to order when I go pick her up from dance and stop by the bakery for cupcakes.

Yay!!! Is today her actual bday??? If so, Happy Birthday to dd. :thumbsup2

He does have the worst luck...

Speaking of which... Are you ever going to come back to us??? We miss you!! :rolleyes1

83 and sunny....

Sorry, couldn't resist!

ROFL... Shame on you - you know that could put Cheryl over the edge (or in her case, the barbed wire fence). :rotfl2:

OK, you guys would be so disappointed in me today. I can't tell you what I've been doing... But I haven't been doing what I am supposed to be doing, that's for sure. :eek:

D~

Don't we all. :rotfl2:

Yay!!! Is today her actual bday??? If so, Happy Birthday to dd. :thumbsup2

OK, you guys would be so disappointed in me today. I can't tell you what I've been doing... But I haven't been doing what I am supposed to be doing, that's for sure. :eek:

D~

Yep today is the day. She turns 10

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope she has a fabulous day! :wizard:

D~

Yep today is the day. She turns 10

Tell her lots of people have a birthday today. Theodore Roossevelt was born on this day (I think anyway...maybe it was FDR it has been too long since I looked it up...) So was my husband's little cousin...oh yeah...me too!

(although I am a bit older than 10...)

Nini

D~

Oh, I see you've been working on your :donald: tote!

Tell her lots of people have a birthday today. Theodore Roossevelt was born on this day (I think anyway...maybe it was FDR it has been too long since I looked it up...) So was my husband's little cousin...oh yeah...me too!

(although I am a bit older than 10...)

Nini

I have a teapot from which Theodore Roosevelt was served tea. I've been doing some research on him lately (primarily because the relative from whom I got the teapot has since died and I can't ask her to repeat the story she told approximately 4,397 times about the teapot--a couple of my details are a little sketchy).

He was a fascinating person in addition to being president. I highly recommend The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris.

(D~, just helping you to get to 250 pages so you can have a PTR with Cheryl Trivia thread Part 2) :rotfl2:

My father's uncle (great uncle probably) was a minister serving in Oyster Bay, NY. Apparently one of his daughters babysat for the Roosevelts so the wife invited TR (BTW, he hated being called Teddy, so good job Nini referring to him as Theodore) for tea one afternoon.

Hey, D. Are you sure you want me to come back?

PS It wasn't just snow flurries, it's accumulating. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter