September WISH thread…here’s to a fabulous fall

I love when the sun starts to stretch and slant in the autumn, so I am thankful that we are having sunny days right now so we can see and feel it.

I am also thankful that my current lease only has a $150 re-renting fee if you move out before the end of it. My relocation package would have covered two months' rent as penalty so I thought I would have June and July to find a place, but this opens things up more. At the same time my work project go-live date is shifting into August so now my timeline is a good long Disney trip early March: looking for a new place as soon as I get back: hopefully moving by May.

Our annual Wooden Boat Festival is this weekend, naturally a lot of people come in their boats. Looking the other direction there are just as many. I was at WDW this time last year so missed it and really should go this year, but we'll see. This is a very small town and when it fills up with people it really fills up with people.
1725635909984.png

If I don't go in to town, it'll be a weekend of garden and household chores and getting ready for vaction.

Well, I chirped too early yesterday about DD1 spending the weekend with us. Something came up for her tonight, so she's not coming until Saturday night, but I'll still take it!

I think tonight DH and I are just going to stay home and watch the ballgame and then tomorrow we'll be doing something with DD1 (and probably DS will join us since she'll be there).

Sunday, we aren't going to my in-laws for dinner because it's their county fair this weekend and they will all be at that. We will probably not join in, so it'll be a free night!

I've got an out of town meeting next Monday - Wednesday, so I'll want to get my stuff all lined up for that anyway, so the timing is pretty good!

View attachment 892556

Social Saturday - Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert? (Or a mix - called an Ambivert?)

Reading through this, I am basically 100% introvert. I do love making plans and doing things, but I also enjoy coming home afterwards.

I've always told DH, my favorite plans are ones that have an ending time. It kind of makes me anxious for the places that are just go until it's time that everyone starts leaving lol

It's kind of funny because DH is much more extroverted than me, but he's the one that doesn't like last minute things. I'm more go with the flow, I just like that ending time!

Definitely an ambivert! In my younger days I was more introverted but as I got older I find I like the energy of groups especially in the workplace but I need end times and quiet downtime post large gatherings. I am a fan of small group activities ha

Hello Everyone!! Sorry for my absence.

DD had a minor outpatient procedure Friday morning and it should have taken 5 mins but something went wrong (small internal puncture) and we had to stay for monitoring and testing for six hours.

Had the test results not went well she would have been taken by ambulance to the hospital for admission and further testing and monitoring. I still can’t believe this happened and we were all pretty shook up for a few days. I also had to watch for infection signs after we came home so I had been a nervous wreck. Her body seems to have healed itself and she’s doing great today.

They could not complete the procedure but we won’t be revisiting that anytime in the near future.

Soooooo for Saturdays question I am an introvert for sure. I think it has to do with the way I was raised and I am trying hard as a adult to be open and friendly…I have made good relationships and friendships over the past few years so I am proud of that.

Today I did Sunday school during first service and coffee car during second. I am finally starting to feel better and I did take a nap today so that was my self care!

I hope everyone has a good evening!

Hope your week calms down @PAsFab5

Can someone remind my DH occasionally doing nothing is good? Because he does not understand that and it is very frustrating. I have my mammogram tomorrow morning and have to bring DS12 to his annual appointment so rather than trying to juggle work in between I took the day off. Looking forward to making some soup and what not in between…self care a day late.
DS 9 woke up with a nose bleed and apparently DD found that or something else very funny…530 is not the time I want to wake up on a Sunday.

@PAsFab5 - I hope things get better for your DD - that sounds very stressful :grouphug:

We had a good weekend with DD1 home. Today's self care was basically just sitting around and talking all day!

We all went to church this morning and then to my mom's for lunch. DD and I stayed at my mom's and visited for quite awhile after lunch. We then headed home and mostly chatted the afternoon away. I fixed a pot of chili for supper and then DS and I took DD home (she's without a car right now) which is about 45 minutes away. We stopped by a local "famous" ice cream place we'd never been to before. It's only about a mile from DD's place, so it was a fun treat before driving back home.

All in all, a great weekend!

IMG_2717.jpeg
Hooray it’s Monday!!!!!!

I hope everyone is having a good morning so far!! Are you feeling motivated?! What’s pushing you along this week??

I am feeling relieved that last weeks medical issues for DD seem to be behind us and all is well with her. Going to try my hardest to get in walks on my breaks and close my rings on the apple watch this week!!

Enjoy this day everyone!!

Motivation this week is to up my exercise a little to compensate for wanting to eat everything in sight because it's fall. (Does that happen to anyone else?) - It's like my body forgets it's living in modern times and the grocery store does not close for the winter. :rotfl:

Also just in general being back on a schedule. I start some "senior college" Zoom classes again this week, and I'm back to watching my friends' twins some Wednesdays after school. I find I need some routine or I get lazy about the more flexible things like housework.

Motivation this week is to up my exercise a little to compensate for wanting to eat everything in sight because it's fall. (Does that happen to anyone else?) - It's like my body forgets it's living in modern times and the grocery store does not close for the winter. :rotfl:

Also just in general being back on a schedule. I start some "senior college" Zoom classes again this week, and I'm back to watching my friends' twins some Wednesdays after school. I find I need some routine or I get lazy about the more flexible things like housework.
Yessssssss I want to eat alllll the fall things!!!!

Keeping busy definitely keeps you in a routine!!!

Hello Everyone!! Sorry for my absence.

DD had a minor outpatient procedure Friday morning and it should have taken 5 mins but something went wrong (small internal puncture) and we had to stay for monitoring and testing for six hours.

Had the test results not went well she would have been taken by ambulance to the hospital for admission and further testing and monitoring. I still can’t believe this happened and we were all pretty shook up for a few days. I also had to watch for infection signs after we came home so I had been a nervous wreck. Her body seems to have healed itself and she’s doing great today.

They could not complete the procedure but we won’t be revisiting that anytime in the near future.

Soooooo for Saturdays question I am an introvert for sure. I think it has to do with the way I was raised and I am trying hard as a adult to be open and friendly…I have made good relationships and friendships over the past few years so I am proud of that.

Today I did Sunday school during first service and coffee car during second. I am finally starting to feel better and I did take a nap today so that was my self care!

I hope everyone has a good evening!
So sorry to hear about this. Hope your daughter continues to recover and that you do too. Hugs.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest