SAP+ ?

I feel like i could add on some SSR points (just because), but honestly I'm not so sure that BLT/CCV aren't just the better choice (for me), not only for SAP+, but cost-wise too, SSR isn't that much cheaper to purchase, & the dues are lower.
SSR just doesn't do it for me unless maybe I could get in the high 70's pp, even then I think I would have pause, because if I had to book there due to lack of availability I just think I would not like it at all due to busses. I think BLT is better even at the higher cost pp

I was thinking BLT due to the low dues and it also being a good home resort. Actually a very cheap non sub AUL came on the market and I was crunching the numbers on it, I i think a BLT at at $115 would make more financial sense, but it wont give me more 11 month point power at Aulani.
Totally biased opinion here but we love our BLT SAP+ points. We got ours at 110$ which we are happy with but I did see a contract pass ROFR at 107$. You likely could get a better price than 115$.

We love BLT because of location, great restaurants, and dues. Being able to walk to at least one park is really important to us so CCV and SSR are not for us.

That said, if we still lived on the west coast, we’d likely have AUL-S as SAP+ points. But maybe not.

Edited to add: the BLT that passed at 107$ pp was a relatively small contract of 160 points.

Last edited:
Totally biased opinion here but we love our BLT SAP+ points. We got ours at 110$ which we are happy with but I did see a contract pass ROFR at 107$. You likely could get a better price than 115$.

We love BLT because of location, great restaurants, and dues. Being able to walk to at least one park is really important to us so CCV and SSR are not for us.

That said, if we still lived on the west coast, we’d likely have AUL-S as SAP+ points. But maybe not.
I love the hunt so I may shoot for finding a $107 deal. If this cheap AUL non sub wasnt stripped I may have jumped on it. But that contract vs a 107 BLT puts me at $10.79pp over the life vs $12.24pp over the life, pretty big differnce.

We have always been fine in studios, but this trip being in a studio 3 nights then moving to a 1 bedroom for 2 nights really made the size and amenities difference stand out, so we will probably now want 1 and 2 beds moving forward for stays longer than 2 nights.
It’s the ciiiiircle of points, and it moves us all…

Seriously though, we’ve mostly held the line on 1bed for immediate family trips (sorry kids!) but what I will say is that whenever you get extra points, try to make it the same UY as your AUL sub (assuming that contract works for the times you to visit AUL) because you want to be able to combine your bookings into one long reservation so you can book further out for anything with an advance booking window. If you actually think you’ll use the points at AUL and plan to travel to AUL at high season, I’d seriously consider just buying more AUL— it’s currently pretty cheap and it can be tough at the 7mo mark at certain times of year. You can usually find somewhere at WDW and successfully waitlist other places…AUL is a real risky place to hope your WL clears at the 30 day mark.

It’s the ciiiiircle of points, and it moves us all…

Seriously though, we’ve mostly held the line on 1bed for immediate family trips (sorry kids!) but what I will say is that whenever you get extra points, try to make it the same UY as your AUL sub (assuming that contract works for the times you to visit AUL) because you want to be able to combine your bookings into one long reservation so you can book further out for anything with an advance booking window. If you actually think you’ll use the points at AUL and plan to travel to AUL at high season, I’d seriously consider just buying more AUL— it’s currently pretty cheap and it can be tough at the 7mo mark at certain times of year. You can usually find somewhere at WDW and successfully waitlist other places…AUL is a real risky place to hope your WL clears at the 30 day mark.
It's Feb UY so I think it works well for when we travel, our VGC is also Feb. I haven't quite learned how to combine points after the fact to make one long booking.

Last edited:
I love the hunt so I may shoot for finding a $107 deal. If this cheap AUL non sub wasnt stripped I may have jumped on it. But that contract vs a 107 BLT puts me at $10.79pp over the life vs $12.24pp over the life, pretty big differnce.
So my husband just busted out his own spreadsheet to show me why we don't need anymore points. He doesn't see my logic of wanting to keep AUL for AUL and VGC for VGC and VDH for VDH. So I have agreed I have to find a smokin deal to get anymore points. I have to admit our CCV points went very far because it was a loaded contract.

So my husband just busted out his own spreadsheet to show me why we don't need anymore points. He doesn't see my logic of wanting to keep AUL for AUL and VGC for VGC and VDH for VDH. So I have agreed I have to find a smokin deal to get anymore points. I have to admit our CCV points went very far because it was a loaded contract.
That’s the most dangerous aspect of loaded contracts. You get accustomed to having more points.

I just want to add one thing. One canceled week long trip and I’m completely loaded with banked points. Another canceled trip and I’m renting out points which I do not want to do.
My wife loves it when we rent out points…. like a mixed use vacation rental.

She thinks we have too many points and the cash makes her feel that it has tangible value.

My wife loves it when we rent out points…. like a mixed use vacation rental.

She thinks we have too many points and the cash makes her feel that it has tangible value.
Oh I’m sure my husband would feel that way too but I feel very strongly that the points represent days away from home having fun in the sun. The cash would feel like a loss for me.

Oh I’m sure my husband would feel that way too but I feel very strongly that the points represent days away from home having fun in the sun. The cash would feel like a loss for me.
I get it. If the kids didn’t have school then I would just work remotely from Aulani for the entire month of February…. alas…..

Back to say.. I said I needed more points, DH said no. I just had to use VGC points to book BLT ☠️ I will modify to use my AUL points once that finally closes and loads to my account, but it still hurts to use my AUL points. He is now seeing that maybe I was right.

Side note: BLT theme park view is crazy points. Makes me wonder if I really do want BLT. Since we tend to travel high point seasons.

Back to say.. I said I needed more points, DH said no. I just had to use VGC points to book BLT ☠️ I will modify to use my AUL points once that finally closes and loads to my account, but it still hurts to use my AUL points. He is now seeing that maybe I was right.

Side note: BLT theme park view is crazy points. Makes me wonder if I really do want BLT. Since we tend to travel high point seasons.
Nooooo, you never have to use VGC points to book BLT. In all seriousness, assuming you’re inside 7mo, you should consider getting someone to sell you points around $16/pt via transfer on the buy/rent/transfer board.

Nooooo, you never have to use VGC points to book BLT. In all seriousness, assuming you’re inside 7mo, you should consider getting someone to sell you points around $16/pt via transfer on the buy/rent/transfer board.
Right at the 7 month mark, well I decided to walk 2 days even though it’s possibly not needed. My ultimate hope is I can book Poly when it goes live for non owners and cancel the BLT. But I’ll still be using points I would rather keep at their home resorts. VDH/VGC/AUL

This is all because I need 11 month booking window for Orlando in Sept so I have to save my small amount of CCV points for that.

I can’t bring myself to buy points. 😩

Right at the 7 month mark, well I decided to walk 2 days even though it’s possibly not needed. My ultimate hope is I can book Poly when it goes live for non owners and cancel the BLT. But I’ll still be using points I would rather keep at their home resorts. VDH/VGC/AUL

This is all because I need 11 month booking window for Orlando in Sept so I have to save my small amount of CCV points for that.

I can’t bring myself to buy points. 😩
The struggle is real. You can always borrow forwards and then add on contracts in a year or two when you’re maxed out. 🤪

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest