Running on Fumes from Start to Finish

Before this trip, there was much debate I had with myself over getting a car. I knew I didn't want to drive from MCO with one. I knew I didn't want one for the entire trip. What I settled on was to pick one up at the Wyndm Hotel near DTD on 1/9.

Since I wanted it as early as possible, I got up and got ready. Steve and Zoe were still very much asleep when I was about to leave. Alex however was interested in joining me. Ok who would pass up the chance to spend time with an 18 year old when they actually want to spend time with you? Not me. So I called for Dollar to send a shuttle while he hustled to throw himself together.. :headache: They wouldn't be able to send one for a couple hours. :rolleyes: Oh well, this gave us a different opportunity...

So we grabbed our mugs and went to Riverside mill to grab some coffee. Then we went out to the front and I flagged down a taxi. Now - if I had known what I know now, I would probably just taken a bus to DTD and walked. After all, the buss drop off is right about at the corner that the hotel is on. The taxi was super easy though and fairly affordable.

Soon enough we were at the hotel and it was easy enough to find the Dollar kiosk inside the lobby.

It was a simple simple process and I had a key in hand in no time. Alex and I then walked to the lot to retrieve the car and we were on our way.

Once back at hotel, I found Steve and Zoe were already up and putting on their shoes. We then left Alex to take a bus to MK to meet up with Kira and Josh.

Steve Zoe and I ran to Riverside mill and picked up some yogurt parfaits then hopped into the car and drove to WWOS where just like in October, parking was close to the main buildings AND was easy peasy.

We took the opportunity to get a picture

I think that the expo for the marathon weekend is VERY well done. Not that the others I have been to have not, but unlike the phm that was crammed into the convention center at CSR or the ToT that uses just one building at WWOS this took advantage of so many of the buildings on the WWOS site. The bib pick up for the kids race was in a different location than for the adult races. It was kinda good that it was because the "last minute" vendors were situated along that corridor... AND it just so happens that Steve had a purchase in mind from a vendor that was out there. So as we navigated the area we decided I would wait in line for Zoe to get her bib while he went to the booth to buy his special magnet wallet thing. :rotfl: Even though the line was not very long at all Steve was still able to get back to us before we made it to the front of the line.

With her shirt and bib, Zoe was ready for her race.

We then went into the mail area to pick up our bibs and do a bit of shopping.

My one must stop was the raw threads booth. I had seen the shirt I wanted to go with my skirt at the ToT expo. However not knowing if I would need the long sleeve, tee or tank... I opted to wait till the wdw marathon expo.

This one would be awesome for the ToT, don't ya think? It glows in the dark.

Then it was time to head out for Zoe's race. To me this was in a weird location. Unlike the other two kids races Zoe had done where you could see the area from where you arrived... this was tucked back where you really had to know you were headed there.

As we waited for her start, we tried on our shirts. Sometimes those shirts and their sizing can be odd. I figured it was better to try it on now and exchange if we needed to rather than have to come back. Both Steve and I were excited that they were long sleeve. (which given how the weather went later in the week...and how little long sleeve shirts I brought was a REALLY good thing)

Steve's fit him pretty nicely, I think.

Finally, it was time for the 400m dash.

I am not sure I will ever quite get why all these parents line up with their kiddos. It is around a track after all... not like they are gonna escape too easily. ;)

It was getting a tad windy... so perfect time for a joint selfie

And then they were off..

As Zoe approached the finish line, I attempted to get a shot of her.

I did appreciate how the finish line ended in a corral of sorts. The kids were not allowed to leave it without an adult with their "claim ticket" (part of the bib that was torn off for the parent to hold onto) In turn, the adults could not get into the corral from the outside without the ticket.

Marathonfoto does all pictures and they are expensive...so I never get them. I am tempted though given that a great photographer stopped to take family pictures of us. There are some good shots in it.... I just wish that we could order as a family to get the price break rather than have to order as individuals.

After Zoe's race and a bio break, we did a bit more shopping. I do love those expo booths even if I don't make many purchases.

Next up: 1/9 - Kids Race/Expo, DTD and MK (kinda) Part 2

I love that Zoe always does a race. That's very cool and she always look so excited to participate. It appears that they let parents run the race as well? I guess there are some kids who wouldn't run without their parents.

Nice marathon shirt. :thumbsup2

I love that Zoe always does a race. That's very cool and she always look so excited to participate. It appears that they let parents run the race as well? I guess there are some kids who wouldn't run without their parents.

Nice marathon shirt. :thumbsup2

Crazy as it is, this is the last dash she can participate in. She is now too old. :rolleyes: She can now do the one mile race until she hits 13. She and Kira are actually considering the 5k for the ToT. They have done one 5k together already, so I know they could do it. I just am not sure I want to get up early to cheer them on when I will be up until 3am (or 4am if they change the after party back to a 4am finish) that night.

And yes, the parents are allowed to even run the one miler with their kids. I personally would be more comfortable if it was not allowed. See... anyone can line up "with their kid" to run the dash. They then exit in the corral.... and have more access to the kids than the parents with the claim tickets. Then again, I bet you are right and some kids just wouldn't go without their parents. Not to mention the fact that I am looking at it from the perspective of a parent who has grown kids with even the youngest is now too old for the dashes. Parents with their oldest being only 5 years old (or even younger) surely would not feel comfortable with them running alone... and I can appreciate that.

The shirts from marathon weekend were all just too cute. Women all get a v-neck.. but same logo. I just about died when I saw the minnie shirt! Why didn't I sign up to run that???!!! Cause the medal was super cute too!

Ok, shew! Found you, all caught up, and subscribed! :thumbsup2

Wow, that first travel day was LONG! We're leaving early but will be at Pop by noon. We arrived late last time and weren't ready for bed but had to get sleep, so this time we decided to head in early.

The kids races look fun!

After we were done with our final shopping at the expo, we drove back to POR. There Zoe was able to take better care of her medical needs and we were able to wait for Kira, Josh and Alex to arrive.

Once we were all together and ready we went to the boat launch to take a boat to DTD.

First stop was Goofy's Candy Co. I had brought a customized mickey treat back with me in October. Alex had loved it and I promised he could get one. Since we had just a few days on the dp, I felt getting it then would be a good use of one of our few snack credits.

Then it was time for lunch. I had fallen in love with a particular burger last February. I had cemented that love in October. Josh is one of the only other people in my family that loves burgers the way I do (Zach is my other one) So I really wanted him to be able to enjoy a burger from Cooks of Dublin. It had began to rain though so outdoor seating wasn't an option. Instead we had to sit two to a table along the window. As much as it was sad to not all be eating together, I was so excited to get my burger.

Josh and I sat together so that we could umm and nomm on our burgers. I can't even remember what the others got - Likely fish and chips as well as the shepherds pie. Josh had his burger delivered and realized he forgot to ask for the battered burger... so his was just regular. They were so great and quickly accommodated him... which meant he had not one but to burgers. :rotfl:

Turns out, he didn't care for the battered burger. The tomato chutney might have been what he disliked...or the excessive amount of "greens" on it. I too wasn't as thrilled as I was in the past, but I still very much so enjoyed it.

Once lunch was done, we set off to part ways again. I was headed back to POR and everyone else was headed to DQ. As we left the restaurant, a huge cloud opened up. I had hoped that it would be a quick pass over kind that often happens in Florida. I ran to the Disney Store in hopes that I could wait out the rain. I picked up an accessory for my running costume and found there was no let up in the rain. Then I had urgent restroom needs so had to brave the rain in order to make my way to the restroom. Once done there, I HOPED the rain would be settle down. I waited in the door way a bit until I realized it was just not going to happen. So I ran through the empty DTD walk ways to the boat dock. There I sat and waited... and waited and WAITED as tons of West Side boats came and went. I huddled under a large umbrella that was there, but it didn't much help. I was soaked to the bone.

My plan had been to go for a run. However the rain never did let up and I was so cold that once I was back to the room all I could think to do was take a LONG and very HOT shower.

Once I was done with my shower I learned that everyone else had hit their saturation point for DQ and were headed to MK. We had some fast pass + times scheduled so I knew I had to get myself to MK.

Since our dinning reservation would leave us finishing our meal after MK closed, it had been decided that I would drive so that we would not have to deal with buses to DTD or with taxis. This was the ONLY time that driving was an issue for me. I guess there must have been things blocked off for the races. After all, race weekend had started with the 5k that day. I found myself circling back so many times. I could not find my way. I always ended up near the race way. Meanwhile, I was missing out on fp+ times and everyone was getting very frustrated with me. I decided to just park..anywhere. I did and soon a tram was there to take me to the TTC. TTC to the monorail and surprisingly to MK shortly there after (I tend to have really bad luck with the monorail..it tends to have long stops or down right break down midway between stops when I ride it)

Since I was arriving in time for our very last fp+ reservation, I had to run. I ran all the way from the entrance to BTMRR. I was pretty agitated by the time I got there. Not in an angry way... or even an outwardly way. I just know I felt completely under pressure. I knew this was my evening in MK...and I had managed to spend it driving back and forth around MK all while my family were getting frustrated that I wasn't yet there. Multiple texts and calls of "where are you" did not help.

We rode the last ride of the night together (BTMRR) and then left MK so as not to be late for our dinner. At least we thought we would not be late. :rotfl: Some how, time management was not at all working for me that day.

Next Up: 1/9 - Kids Race/Expo, DTD and MK (kinda) Part 3

Ok, shew! Found you, all caught up, and subscribed! :thumbsup2

Wow, that first travel day was LONG! We're leaving early but will be at Pop by noon. We arrived late last time and weren't ready for bed but had to get sleep, so this time we decided to head in early.

The kids races look fun!

So glad you are here!!:cool1:

I just posted to your PTR with advice on sleep. :rotfl2: I forgot that while you leave early, you get there pretty early too. Still... sleep is VERY important. ;)

Kids races are fun. I will miss Zoe not doing the dashes any more. :(

Fun trip report! Might I also add your daughter, Kira, has a most awesome name! That is my daughter's name also. Such a pretty name and not very common. :) Looking forward to see the rest of your Disney adventures!

Okay...I am finally caught up.

I LOVE the intro picture of all of you...it's great.

I'm glad the flights were uneventful except for the luggage scenario of Kira having to move hers. :confused3

I love the photo of Zoe getting ready to run; she looks so excited to be starting her race.

I love that you and Steve took a selfie. :goodvibes

We have yet to eat at Cookies of Dublin; I have to put it on the list as I tend to forget about it.

Fun trip report! Might I also add your daughter, Kira, has a most awesome name! That is my daughter's name also. Such a pretty name and not very common. :) Looking forward to see the rest of your Disney adventures!

:welcome: I am glad you are enjoying my report... AND yes, I agree Kira is a pretty name. :goodvibes My dd tends to not like it though. :rolleyes: I think she is maturing past that stage now though.

Okay...I am finally caught up.

:thumbsup2

I LOVE the intro picture of all of you...it's great.
Thanks!

I'm glad the flights were uneventful except for the luggage scenario of Kira having to move hers. :confused3
It had her a tad frustrated. Not because she wouldn't happily make room, but because the flight attendant acted as though she had done something wrong by having her bag up there. I suspect that she thought it was her personal bag... not her carry on.

I love the photo of Zoe getting ready to run; she looks so excited to be starting her race.
She loves to pose for pictures... that is her "ready to run" pose. :rotfl:

I love that you and Steve took a selfie. :goodvibes
It was a fun thing to do and since I don't get too many pictures of myself.... it worked.

We have yet to eat at Cookies of Dublin; I have to put it on the list as I tend to forget about it.

I really love that burger. Desserts there are very limited on the dp. We got the fruit cups.

This is a very interesting burger. I had no idea they made burgers like this. Anyway, this is the second post I've read from you about Cookes of Dublin. I really MUST eat there.

Your pictures really capture the yucky weather. I get cold just looking at that rain.

MK here you come! :cool1: Sorry it was so frustrating getting there on time and dealing with the "where are you?"

Before this trip, there was much debate I had with myself over getting a car. I knew I didn't want to drive from MCO with one. I knew I didn't want one for the entire trip. What I settled on was to pick one up at the Wyndm Hotel near DTD on 1/9.

Since I wanted it as early as possible, I got up and got ready. Steve and Zoe were still very much asleep when I was about to leave. Alex however was interested in joining me. Ok who would pass up the chance to spend time with an 18 year old when they actually want to spend time with you? Not me. So I called for Dollar to send a shuttle while he hustled to throw himself together.. :headache: They wouldn't be able to send one for a couple hours. :rolleyes: Oh well, this gave us a different opportunity...

Well, with the cab it sounds like it worked out ok. My challenge with getting a car on property is that no matter what you do, it eats up time. This trip, picking it up at the Swan while staying at BWV was about as painless as possible but even then, you lose an hour or 2. Cute that Alex wanted to go!

My one must stop was the raw threads booth. I had seen the shirt I wanted to go with my skirt at the ToT expo. However not knowing if I would need the long sleeve, tee or tank... I opted to wait till the wdw marathon expo.

This one would be awesome for the ToT, don't ya think? It glows in the dark.

Very cute! Is that the one you got? Short sleeved?

As we waited for her start, we tried on our shirts. Sometimes those shirts and their sizing can be odd. I figured it was better to try it on now and exchange if we needed to rather than have to come back. Both Steve and I were excited that they were long sleeve. (which given how the weather went later in the week...and how little long sleeve shirts I brought was a REALLY good thing)

Steve's fit him pretty nicely, I think.

Very nice! Tech shirt or are they cotton? Womens was a v?

As Zoe approached the finish line, I attempted to get a shot of her.

I see her! How fun

Then it was time for lunch. I had fallen in love with a particular burger last February. I had cemented that love in October. Josh is one of the only other people in my family that loves burgers the way I do (Zach is my other one) So I really wanted him to be able to enjoy a burger from Cooks of Dublin. It had began to rain though so outdoor seating wasn't an option. Instead we had to sit two to a table along the window. As much as it was sad to not all be eating together, I was so excited to get my burger.

Ah, I didn't realize it was battered. Interesting... the picture in your other TR didn't look battered??? But maybe I am just confused

My plan had been to go for a run. However the rain never did let up and I was so cold that once I was back to the room all I could think to do was take a LONG and very HOT shower.

Once I was done with my shower I learned that everyone else had hit their saturation point for DQ and were headed to MK. We had some fast pass + times scheduled so I knew I had to get myself to MK.

Since our dinning reservation would leave us finishing our meal after MK closed, it had been decided that I would drive so that we would not have to deal with buses to DTD or with taxis. This was the ONLY time that driving was an issue for me. I guess there must have been things blocked off for the races. After all, race weekend had started with the 5k that day. I found myself circling back so many times. I could not find my way. I always ended up near the race way. Meanwhile, I was missing out on fp+ times and everyone was getting very frustrated with me. I decided to just park..anywhere. I did and soon a tram was there to take me to the TTC. TTC to the monorail and surprisingly to MK shortly there after (I tend to have really bad luck with the monorail..it tends to have long stops or down right break down midway between stops when I ride it)

Since I was arriving in time for our very last fp+ reservation, I had to run. I ran all the way from the entrance to BTMRR. I was pretty agitated by the time I got there. Not in an angry way... or even an outwardly way. I just know I felt completely under pressure. I knew this was my evening in MK...and I had managed to spend it driving back and forth around MK all while my family were getting frustrated that I wasn't yet there. Multiple texts and calls of "where are you" did not help.

We rode the last ride of the night together (BTMRR) and then left MK so as not to be late for our dinner. At least we thought we would not be late. :rotfl: Some how, time management was not at all working for me that day.

Next Up: 1/9 - Kids Race/Expo, DTD and MK (kinda) Part 3

UGH. Your afternoon does not sound fun. Wet, long, frustrating. We've all been there and it is SUCH a bummer when it happens.

I hoped dinner worked out ok!

After all, I figured I could get some sleep that night...followed by some sleep on the plane and finally get caught up the next night or so. Or so I thought...

Oh how do I dislike that sort of sentence.... :)

Ah, the hotel-the-night-before question...harder for us since we're so much closer to the airport. It requires us to be ready earlier, which is both good AND bad. And when I say bad I mean "more difficult for me". And our pre-stays have ended up like yours, just mad dashes of doing doing doing, rather than the nice, casual, calm things they should be. The eternal travel question, most definitely.

Before I continue on, first I thought I would share just one of the decorated bands. I had three after all...:rotfl:

Loving the decorated band! Yours is the first I've liked, actually.

This mug offered free espresso beverages in the month of January. I wasn't sure if I would get the best use of it given how long our trip would be. I chose to get it and so getting a coffee at Starbucks that morning was IMPORTANT to me.

So you got your coffee at the airport location! Woo!

Unfortunetly, my pictures just don't do it justice. It was such a pretty room. So many details. Everything from the carpet to the water faucets. It was an AMAZING room.

No pictures do the Royal Rooms justice, I've figured out. The official ones don't look right and the guest pictures don't get it right. Not sure why!

I think that the expo for the marathon weekend is VERY well done. Not that the others I have been to have not, but unlike the phm that was crammed into the convention center at CSR or the ToT that uses just one building at WWOS this took advantage of so many of the buildings on the WWOS site. The bib pick up for the kids race was in a different location than for the adult races. ...

I did appreciate how the finish line ended in a corral of sorts. The kids were not allowed to leave it without an adult with their "claim ticket" (part of the bib that was torn off for the parent to hold onto) In turn, the adults could not get into the corral from the outside without the ticket.

I wish I could have enjoyed the expo like you did! Next time, right?

I also appreciated how they did the pickup. Same situation for the 1 Mile.

Honestly I probably would have run the mile with DS if I'd felt better, if I weren't carrying a bag full of...who knows what I was bringing with me that day (or if Robert had been there to hold it for me), and, um, if he had let me. :rotfl:

Zoe looks so adorable in her racing pose pictures!

joining in. Luvin the report so far :)

Yay!!! Glad you could join in. :goodvibes

This is a very interesting burger. I had no idea they made burgers like this. Anyway, this is the second post I've read from you about Cookes of Dublin. I really MUST eat there.

I hadn't thought about that. I just did an update on my fall TR regarding my burger and then did it again for this one. Honestly, I liked the fall one better. I think the cold and rain and how tired I was made me not enjoy food nearly as much this trip.

Your pictures really capture the yucky weather. I get cold just looking at that rain.

I have never been to WDW and had it be both rainy and cold. It was not the most fun combination. I can take the cold or the rain... but both. :confused:

MK here you come! :cool1: Sorry it was so frustrating getting there on time and dealing with the "where are you?"

I was far from on time. I missed all but the last fp+ reservation. I really am glad I was alone though. I am normally the driver everywhere we go and for me to be so "confused" at where I was going would have made my entire family even more out of sorts than they were.

Well, with the cab it sounds like it worked out ok. My challenge with getting a car on property is that no matter what you do, it eats up time. This trip, picking it up at the Swan while staying at BWV was about as painless as possible but even then, you lose an hour or 2. Cute that Alex wanted to go!

It was pretty painless for me too... but you are correct. I think it took a good hour out of the morning. Good thing was that Steve and Zoe used that time to get ready and were set to go once we got back. If I had not gone to get the car I would have been waiting on them anyway. :rolleyes:

Very cute! Is that the one you got? Short sleeved?

Nope... I didn't. I got a Minnie mouse one. I will be sure to post a pic of me in it in my race recap. I am thinking of wearing it in August too. Ya think that would be boring to get two races out of one outfit? I like the sea witch for ToT... but I think we might settle on something that will have Steve and I matching.

Very nice! Tech shirt or are they cotton? Womens was a v?

All the RD shirts are Tech. :scratchin I bet that isn't the best answer for you, is it?. They are champion brand - 100% polyester. The ones at the expo though... the "i did it" variety are cotton though. The pull overs are tech though too.

I see her! How fun

I think she was tired that day because she really wasn't too enthusiastic as she ran. She was kinda like "thank goodness that is done" once she finished.

Ah, I didn't realize it was battered. Interesting... the picture in your other TR didn't look battered??? But maybe I am just confused

My other picture was taken once I took a bite already.

So January pic

And October pic

You can kinda see the layer of batter in that second pic. It fairly light and very crispy.

UGH. Your afternoon does not sound fun. Wet, long, frustrating. We've all been there and it is SUCH a bummer when it happens.

I hoped dinner worked out ok!

Wet, long and frustrating describes it well. ;)

Oh how do I dislike that sort of sentence.... :)

Yeah... the title of this TR really does some it up. I just hope to never put myself in this type of situation again before a race.

Ah, the hotel-the-night-before question...harder for us since we're so much closer to the airport. It requires us to be ready earlier, which is both good AND bad. And when I say bad I mean "more difficult for me". And our pre-stays have ended up like yours, just mad dashes of doing doing doing, rather than the nice, casual, calm things they should be. The eternal travel question, most definitely.

I think why Steve likes them so much is because he isn't the one "doing doing doing" I really do go back and forth. In some ways it is nice to get that extra hour of sleep... WHEN you can get it. However like in the case of this trip, I didn't get it because I was so worked up because of how much I had to accomplish before the trip and then all night was like "is it time to get up yet???"

So you got your coffee at the airport location! Woo!

I DID!!!! (at this airport. :rotfl:)

No pictures do the Royal Rooms justice, I've figured out. The official ones don't look right and the guest pictures don't get it right. Not sure why!

You are absolutely right!! The official ones almost look fake. I think the lighting in the rooms is just a bit off to get great ones with a normal camera.

I wish I could have enjoyed the expo like you did! Next time, right?

So far, my favorite expo was the phm one last year. I went multiple times. We stayed at CSR and I would just walk from my room while Steve and Zoe remained. I was not able to make it to the RD booth then though because of how packed it was... but that short walk definitely made it nice. This time though, the fact it was spread out was a plus because NOTHING was crowded when we went.
I also appreciated how they did the pickup. Same situation for the 1 Mile.

RD has a great system. Which reminds me of something that I forgot to add to my recap of the expo. When I was in line to get my shirt, a gal (and I am in NO WAY judging) who was quite a bit larger than me barged in line ahead of me. I thought not a lot about it other than I did assume she was picking up a shirt for someone else maybe. (I get a small and she was far from a small) When she asked for her shirt, the volunteer said she was in the wrong line and that she would have to move to the line in front of where her shirt would be. The woman got quite irritated. She a. couldn't see why they couldn't walk down to get her shirt for her and b. thought their signs were misleading since the xxl sign was next to this line (it was for the mens xxl) So, RD has a system and they dont' budge from it... even though it wan't really busy (in fact I am not sure there was anyone in line where this lady needed to be) they refused to walk down for her and insisted that she follow the rules and get in the proper line.

Honestly I probably would have run the mile with DS if I'd felt better, if I weren't carrying a bag full of...who knows what I was bringing with me that day (or if Robert had been there to hold it for me), and, um, if he had let me. :rotfl:

If Zoe had done the mile, I am pretty sure I would have run with her or had Alex run with her. I then could have had Steve hold my bag (bag full of all the race stuff we picked up at the expo)

Zoe looks so adorable in her racing pose pictures!

Thanks! She loves to pose. :rotfl:

Hi Ann - I just found your trip report and can't wait to see how your race went. My sister and I did the Disney half-marathon back in 2002. It was cold and rainy that trip. But we had a great time. I got my DH to do a Disney 5K fun run a few years later. :goodvibes

I can't believe the Milwaukee airport didn't have anything for lunch. :confused3 I can see how you got the title for your trip report. ;)

Hi Ann - I just found your trip report and can't wait to see how your race went. My sister and I did the Disney half-marathon back in 2002. It was cold and rainy that trip. But we had a great time. I got my DH to do a Disney 5K fun run a few years later. :goodvibes

I can't believe the Milwaukee airport didn't have anything for lunch. :confused3 I can see how you got the title for your trip report. ;)

:welcome: So glad you found my report!!!

I truly love the Disney races. So much fun! I just hope I can keep this up for at least another few years.

The Milwaukee airport must have had other things. I believe it has two levels? We would have had to go back through security in order to go to the other level where I thought there were more restaurants. I may have forgot to mention that I think there was a chili's at our gate. It had a huge line to get into though... I think it was a chilis... maybe it was something else. In any case it had a line and we just didn't feel like fighting with everyone for a table.

Kira and I led our pack out of the park. I hate that the walk way near CP was closed. That is usually a faster way to enter or exit. Not having that as an option meant a bit more crowd fighting especially since the parade was going on. However we had give up stopping for it so that we could make it to guest relations to upgrade everyone's tickets.

Once we took care of the tickets we immediately began thinking "monorail or boat". With a quick glance, Kira and I noticed a boat had just arrived and with that the decision was made.

At this point, we had very little time before our ADR. The girls and I hustled to get to the dock, telling the captain that the guys were right behind us. RIGHT behind us... where.. behind us...

Kira and I searched the crowd to see that they three guys had slowed and were now sitting on a bench. :eek: We eagerly waved them on. I remember thinking "surely they KNOW we are about to be late for our dinner reservation". With the captain starting to get impatient our urging became more intense until we notice that it appeared that some sort of show and tell was going on. :confused3 Josh had small groups of families stopping to chat with him. :confused: It was then that Kira realized what was happening. She rolled her eyes and told the captain we would catch the next boat. :faint:

See Kira knows her husband and although he has a "real" job that pays the bills, he is a published scientist - a herpatologist to be specific. He has been awarded grants to conduct studies and what not. It is his true passion. I am glad he is able to see that passion doesn't always equate to a lucrative career path but I do feel sad for him that he doesn't get to indulge in this on a daily basis. He loves it and is quite good at it. So what had happened was he found a rather rare amphibian. A large one too. :-)crazy2: He captured it and was "teaching" people who passed by about what it was. Kids were in awe and Josh was in heaven. So Kira and Zoe and I waited.

Soon enough the boys did make it to the dock and we were able to catch the next boat. And yes, we were late. We must have checked in about 30 minutes late for our ADR at Ohana. Funny thing though. We no more checked in and our buzzer went off. It was like they were just waiting for us.

We were seated at a table that I am pretty sure the girls and I have sat before. It was near a window. We were all happy and hungry to have arrived. Food was served timely. It was all very good with one exception. The pork tasted a bit too much like the fuel they use to cook the meat. We had a lovely first dinner together. Kira and Steve each got Lapu Lapus which aided in our fun for the night. ;)

Now some pictures of the night in no particular order...

1533896_10202818928741665_1640822049_n.jpg

71436_10202818927781641_1241408767_n.jpg

1661931_10202818927101624_768245293_n.jpg

Once dinner was over, we took the monorail to the TTC and from there we were able to retrieve the car.

Since Steve had not yet seen AoA, we decided to stop at Pop and walk over to AoA with Kira and Josh. It wasn't a horrible night for it. The weather was cold, but not so much so that it was unbearable.

Zoe however was not in agreement with it being warm enough and snagged her brothers sweatshirt.

Steve was very impressed with the lobby.
1623701_10202818932741765_1595235603_n.jpg

We continued to walk around the grounds and get silly.

We got back to our room pretty late. I think we were all a bit tired. It may have not been the best time for me to run the plan for the next day by Steve. I had though an early morning would be good. It would put us going to be early and thus getting enough sleep before the race. So I had thought we would get up and hit rope drop at MK. Steve disagreed. We disagreed until 2am.

Next Up: 1/10 - DHS Part 1

In the PTR this is what the plan was...

1/9 -
Wake
Go to Dollar Rent a Car.
Breakfast at Riverside Mill
Drive to WWOS
Expo/Bib Pick Up
Line Up for 400m Dash
400m Dash
Drive to DTD
Get Snacks at Goofy Candy Company
Lunch at Cooks of Dublin
Everyone Goes to Disney Quest while I go back to POR for a run
Drive to Poly (Hoping we can park for dinner there)
Monorail to MK
Jungle Cruise
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Main Street Electrical Parade
Haunted Mansion
Guest Relations to Upgrade Tickets
Boat to Poly
Dinner at Ohana
Drive to POR
Bed

What Happened was..
1/9 -
Wake
Go to Dollar Rent a Car
Breakfast at Riverside Mill
Drive to WWOS
Expo/Bib Pick Up
Line Up for 400m Dash
400m Dash
Expo
Drive to POR
Boat to DTD
Get Snacks at Goofy Candy Company
Lunch at Cooks of Dublin
Everyone Goes to Disney Quest while I go back to POR for warm shower
Got lost driving to the Poly.
Parked in MK parking lot
Monorail to MK
I missed two Fp+ rides with the family
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Guest Relations to Upgrade Tickets
Josh's impromptu show and tell
Boat to Poly
Dinner at Ohana
Drive to Pop
Walk to AoA
Argue with Steve
Bed at 2am!

Other than needing a warm shower over a run, having trouble parking for dinner, missing a couple fp+ rides and a parade. We really really did manage to follow the plan for the day pretty well. We even added a tour around AoA (oh and that little spat :rolleyes:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter