Running on Fumes from Start to Finish

I thought it might be fun to compare what actually took place to what I had planned and posted as a recap on my PTR.

So once I finish up with each day of the trip I will post a comparison. I will post those links on the first page should you miss one. I will not link it to any other posts. I think it is going to be completely silly just how far off track we ended up getting.

So for 1/7....

I posted that this was the plan.

Work
Check into Comfort Suites
Dinner at Comfort Suites (comes with room)
Swim
Bed

What actually happened was this.

Work
Errands
Check into Comfort Suites
Dinner at Comfort Suites
Swim/Run
Shop
Bed.

Since we actually did everything on the plan I consider that a win. I do wish we hadn't added the "extras" into the day though.

So glad you are here, Kathy! Don't worry bout my reports. They move pretty slow since there isn't a lot of chatter. Just enjoy your time with your kiddos... whom I really hope are hanging in there. Mark healing nicely, I hope?

Ann, the pain is a little better. It was rough yesterday because they forgot to set the alarm for one of the 4-hour intervals; today, he tried to cut it from 2 pills to 1 every four hours, and that didn't go well at all. He is going out of the house tonight just to get some air, so he must be doing a tad better. Thank you for asking.

Ann, the pain is a little better. It was rough yesterday because they forgot to set the alarm for one of the 4-hour intervals; today, he tried to cut it from 2 pills to 1 every four hours, and that didn't go well at all. He is going out of the house tonight just to get some air, so he must be doing a tad better. Thank you for asking.

Staying on top of those pain meds is so important!! I hope the air helps him... I remember how stir crazy I got after all my surgeries. Sometimes just a nice shower and being "out" helped. That and staying on top of pain control. ;)

:welcome: How very exciting that you are going down for PHM weekend! Don't say "just the 10k" You should be proud to be able to do 6.2 miles. So many people can't even go a half mile. And as for nerves... I get nervous before each race...even my 5ks. Plus... the princess weekend is so very fun. Don't get me wrong, the Donald was great. But the fact that it was a weekend devoted to a wide array of races and had a lot of men... it just was a different sort of feel.

Thanks! I'm very excited to be doing this as I just started running about 9 months ago. I did one local 5K back in September, and have to say that I got hooked on that feeling! It has to be so much better in Disney :goodvibes

Oh Ann, how I can relate to your pre-travel day. It sounds so much like ours, as there is always something coming up last minute.

Glad it went "well" so far and I cannot wait to read more. :goodvibes

I'm here and subbed! Yes, thanks for the "heads up" cause you know I dis so well. ;) But since I am excited to hear about this trip... and the laser beam eyes... I might can make more appearances! Lol!

I can't remember if I told you or not, but I'm running the Royal Family 5k. I'm really excited and ready for a mini vacation with DH. My foot is doing better and I've been able to resume my training.

Thanks for the heads up of your new thread! Can't wait to hear about your run! I'll be back to catch up over the weekend!

Signing on! I hope to do a half marathon next year!

:welcome: Are are you thinking a Disney half? They are so much fun!!!

Thanks! I'm very excited to be doing this as I just started running about 9 months ago. I did one local 5K back in September, and have to say that I got hooked on that feeling! It has to be so much better in Disney :goodvibes

Disney races are truly addicting. They are fun. They are pricey though.... ugh. I need to work more just to pay for the registration fees.

Oh Ann, how I can relate to your pre-travel day. It sounds so much like ours, as there is always something coming up last minute.

Glad it went "well" so far and I cannot wait to read more. :goodvibes

I know you can! I think you have it worse. Your flight time is much more than mine. Still... those last minute things creep up and do make it difficult.

I'm here and subbed! Yes, thanks for the "heads up" cause you know I dis so well. ;) But since I am excited to hear about this trip... and the laser beam eyes... I might can make more appearances! Lol!

I knew you would get here.... but since I was sending out some "alerts" I didn't want to leave you out. :hug:

I can't remember if I told you or not, but I'm running the Royal Family 5k. I'm really excited and ready for a mini vacation with DH. My foot is doing better and I've been able to resume my training.

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time!!! I must admit... I am a bit jealous. I sooo wish I was headed down for phm weekend.

Subbing be back to read. Can't wait.

:cool1: Glad you are here, Mary Ellen. :goodvibes

Thanks for the heads up of your new thread! Can't wait to hear about your run! I'll be back to catch up over the weekend!

:wave: So glad you are gonna read along! I hope to really get going on this report today so maybe you will have something to read over the weekend. :goodvibes

Definitely a hectic pre-trip! But you made it and that's what really counts.

Is Alex related to Denny because Denny has been known to completely forget his bathing suit which has made us very familiar with the Walmart in Kissimmee! :rotfl:

What a nice long trip you had. And a great assortment of resort stays. Can't wait to read all about it!

Definitely a hectic pre-trip! But you made it and that's what really counts.

In deed!

Is Alex related to Denny because Denny has been known to completely forget his bathing suit which has made us very familiar with the Walmart in Kissimmee! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Alex forget something each and every trip...without fail! I think some males are just like that.

What a nice long trip you had. And a great assortment of resort stays. Can't wait to read all about it!

It was a great trip. I can't wait to share. :goodvibes

I think there we a mini nervous breakdown of laughing over car tabs/inspections stickers in there somewhere mid afternoon. I distinctly remember sitting in my car( eating frozen yogurt cause the preggers lady wanted hot fudge) and texting about those.

I think there we a mini nervous breakdown of laughing over car tabs/inspections stickers in there somewhere mid afternoon. I distinctly remember sitting in my car( eating frozen yogurt cause the preggers lady wanted hot fudge) and texting about those.

:rotfl: We both had to deal with tabs didn't we....and both in a :headache: we have to take care of that way.

Before I continue on, first I thought I would share just one of the decorated bands. I had three after all...:rotfl:

The night at Comfort Suites was a hard one for me. I woke constantly thinking it HAD to be time to get up. With so many people in the room, I was nervous about us all getting up on time.

At 3am, I heard Alex was up. He showered ahead of all of us and so by 3:30 I figured it was time for me to get up and get ready.

Honestly, I was quite surprised when we were all ready by 4:30am. I figured this might bode well for the trip, even if I was EXTREMELY tired since I didn't sleep much that night.

A few early morning bad pictures since I forgot to take them of the room when we first checked in.

Excuse the unmade bed... this was the king in the separate room.

The hotel staff new we were leaving early so had breakfast packaged up for us. We grabbed our bagged breakfast (consisting of granola bars, peanut butter crackers, banana, mint and a water bottle) and headed to the shuttle to go to the airport.

We totally lucked out in going through security. We did not have to go through inspection.

Once through the security, I had to go to Starbucks. Now, there was some debate for me back in November. You see there was a special mug that was on sale for the day after Thanksgiving. This mug offered free espresso beverages in the month of January. I wasn't sure if I would get the best use of it given how long our trip would be. I chose to get it and so getting a coffee at Starbucks that morning was IMPORTANT to me.

Even though we had those nicely bagged snacks, we all felt we needed a bit more. I picked up a cinnamon twist with my coffee. Steve and Kira got breakfast burritos and Qdoba and shared with Zoe and Alex. Josh got a salad. (for breakfast :confused:)

Then we waited.

I did not choose to get preboarding for Zoe. So we boarded in the A and B group. We were able to sit all in one row and it worked nicely.

The flight to Milwaukee was uneventful (even getting to see snow and a frozen lake) and we landed on time.

The plan had been to get lunch there. However there was no dinning options. Well, there was an Auntie Annes Pretzels so we did get some of those. Mainly though, there was a "everything store" like Hudson News that had Wisconsin cheese... so we bought some of that an nibbled on pretzels and cheese as we tried to fill our three hour layover. There was some "shoe football" that took place until Kira and I put the kibosh on it. I insist that the zombie apocalypse will begin due to shenanigans like this. :rolleyes:

Our flight to MCO was delayed by 15 minutes and we were happy it was not longer.

We boarded again in A/B groups and sat in the same row. We were all situated when the last passengers filtered onto the plane. When there was no room for their carry on, Kira was asked to take hers down and store it under her seat. Now - really, her bag is way to big for that. However she did what was asked (even though we all found it a tad irritating that someone who had slightly oversized bag coming on later pushed her out like that)

We slept off and on until we arrived and managed to take a bio break at some point. Even though again I didn't get Zoe preboarding status - our seats were near enough to the restroom that dragging supplies to it was not too conspicuous.

Finally we arrived MCO! :cool1: And we of course made our way to the first monorail of the trip.

Zoe had to have her traditional photo taken

Once we made it to magical express, we parted ways. Kira and Josh were headed to Pop and we were headed to POR. I was very excited to see we were on new DME buses!

Turns out Kira was on one too. The new video was a nice improvement.

Once we arrived to POR I went to check in while the rest went for bio breaks and to see how long Boatwrights was open. The line for check in was rather long, but it moved quickly.

Our room was in a great location. Room 9084 in Oak Manor. But before we even went to the room, we knew we had to get dinner. Boatwrights was closing just as we got there and Riverside mill would not be open too much longer.

We decided to use 2 dp quick service credits to get a pizza, cookies and some cheesecake. We also picked up our mugs that we got for being on the dinning plan.

It was then time to get to the room. We were surprising Zoe with the room category we had. She didn't even know where exactly we were staying. We had a pool view royal room.

We got settled in a bit and were in bed by midnight. It had been quite the long day.

Next Up: 1/9 - Kids Race/Expo, DTD and MK (kinda) Part 1

PTR plan

Wake
Breakfast “GrabNGo” from Comfort Suites
Shuttle to Seatac
Flight to Milwaukee
Arrive Milwaukee
Lunch at Airport in Milwaukee
Flight to Orlando
Arrive Orlando
DME to POR
Check in POR
Dinner at POR (Riverside Mill or Boatwrights ??)
Bed

Actual

Wake
Breakfast “GrabNGo” from Comfort Suites
Shuttle to Seatac
Flight to Milwaukee
Arrive Milwaukee
Flight to Orlando
Arrive Orlando
DME to POR
Check in POR
Dinner at Riverside Mill
Bed

So far so good! Just missed our lunch for the day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter