Rumors are Club Pixar Dance Party is Cancelled?

JerrodDragon89

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone, just saw a rumor on Reddit saying Club Pixar Dance Party is Cancelled? I don't see it on the Disneyland App so if anyone hears something or is at the park at night and walks past the DCA hollywood area let us know.

Hey everyone, just saw a rumor on Reddit saying Club Pixar Dance Party is Cancelled? I don't see it on the Disneyland App so if anyone hears something or is at the park at night and walks past the DCA hollywood area let us know.
I've heard the same rumors. Apparently not enough visitation. Heard other cuts are also coming, but don't know what. Curious if Club Pixar is actually closed.

I don't know about the stage show but the cars and shorts were there yesterday.

Club Pixar is such a non-event it being cancelled is not surprising. I expect the cars & "drive in" movies to continue, as they weren't directly connected to Club Pixar.

It was a very odd choice. I agree the article nailed it. Too lame for teens and adults and too late for toddlers. Not sure I understand who the event was for.

Sigh...I miss elecTRONica and Mad T Party
Too late? It starts(ed) at 4:30.

Too late? It starts(ed) at 4:30.
Yea, when I saw that it was lame for kids, I mean even a 3 year old would probably think it's lame. Most parents I've known with toddlers under 3 start the bedtime routine around 5/6 pm. I'm sure that shifts later during vacation.

With a 4:30-8:30, I doubt there was much attendance after 6.

Yea, when I saw that it was lame for kids, I mean even a 3 year old would probably think it's lame. Most parents I've known with toddlers under 3 start the bedtime routine around 5/6 pm. I'm sure that shifts later during vacation.

Parenting is so different than it was 30 years ago. I think even at 3 my kids went to be at 7 - 7:30. Bedtime at 5pm, sounds crazy. What time is dinner 3pm?

I think it was a missed opportunity. They did a kids dance party and M&G at Disneyland. They should have made this an teens/adults dance party with a live DJ or band ala Mad Tea Party.

I don’t know anyone who puts their kids to bed at 5pm. I was barely home from work by that time! Bedtime was 8, maybe, but it depended on the kid. The no school age was the best age because you didn’t have to worry about them needing to get up in the morning!

Especially at Disneyland, we stayed out late with our kids. My oldest was an early bird, so she usually was done by 10pm but we made it later sometimes. And my youngest was a night owl, so we closed the parks with her! We have a picture of her barely walking age and holding onto the stroller with her sleeping sister inside while we met Tiana. Sometimes one of us would go back with the older while the other stayed with the younger and partied.

…. This still seems like a not great use of the space. I don’t really get the point.

Well when I went, it was busy and kids and even some parents were dancing....so while guests might not give it high marks people were there

Feels like them just wanting to cut more entertainment to save money....I mean so Club Pixar is basically nothing. The Drive in is cute but fits maybe 20 guests at max and same with the games just low amount for more then a handful of guests to do.

If they could add just some fun dance music and fun lights to the area this was in then I think it would be something at least but as of now your just getting less bang for your buck.
They could also add a Wall-E meet and greet there or something...I'm just not a fan co cutting something and replacing it with nothing

Parenting is so different than it was 30 years ago. I think even at 3 my kids went to be at 7 - 7:30. Bedtime at 5pm, sounds crazy. What time is dinner 3pm?

I think it was a missed opportunity. They did a kids dance party and M&G at Disneyland. They should have made this an teens/adults dance party with a live DJ or band ala Mad Tea Party.
Let's not conflate one random person's opinion on the internet with all of society. I have young kids and they certainly don't go to bed at 6. We naturally know lots of other parents with young kids and they don't go to bed at 6 either.

The world is a big place and people can do and experience things differently.

Last edited:
Well now seeing a rumor about the Dr Strange show shutting down at the end of June..if True then man...Disney really seems to be killing many live shows (the Golden Horseshoe also lost its Piano player show last month)

This is something I hate about the internet. People see one comment and immediately extrapolate it out to all of society. The world is a big place and people can do and experience things differently.
I hate that the entire internet makes this assumption… oh wait.

(I am just kidding, I know what you mean and agree)

Let's not conflate one random person's opinion on the internet with all of society. I have young kids and they certainly don't go to bed at 6. We naturally know lots of other parents with young kids and they don't go to bed at 6 either.

The world is a big place and people can do and experience things differently.
I was only responding to the persons post that "everyone they know" kids go to be at 5pm. Seems a little crazy to me.

I was only responding to the persons post that "everyone they know" kids go to be at 5pm. Seems a little crazy to me.
Understood, thank you!

Let's hope they will try something else out in Hollywoodland during the rest of Pixar Fest!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest