Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...ear-face-masks-in-orange-county-not-everyone/
Welp. That could be that. I didn’t realize this was issued on Fri for Orange Co. If that order is still in place in a few weeks Disney can absolutely forget about my business until I can go without a mask. Beyond the extreme discomfort of sunblock/bug spray/FL heat/rain, I will absolutely screw it up if I am to take it off and on and off and on and off and on as any day in a FL theme park would dictate (unless you’re cool passing out from dehydration) leading to a greater risk of making myself or others sick. I think I’m 50/50 on making it through the store without touching the darn thing.

I’m not convinced masks will solve COVID considering how FL & CA parks functioned just fine up through mid-March (and don’t give me the no one could trace it back crap. Outbreaks were traced back to cruise ships within a couple weeks, that tragic young guy who died after being at WDW was loudly proclaimed to have been at WDW) but hey, to each business their own. Just wish I didn’t have all these darn gift cards... at least I don’t have DVC!

Last edited:
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...ear-face-masks-in-orange-county-not-everyone/
Welp. That could be that. I didn’t realize this was issued on Fri for Orange Co. If that order is still in place in a few weeks Disney can absolutely forget about my business until I can go without a mask. Beyond the extreme discomfort of sunblock/bug spray/FL heat/rain, I will absolutely screw it up if I am to take it off and on and off and on and off and on as any day in a FL theme park would dictate (unless you’re cool passing out from dehydration) leading to a greater risk of making myself or other sick. I think I’m 50/50 on making it through the store without touching the darn thing.

I’m not convinced masks will solve COVID considering how FL & CA parks functioned just fine up through mid-March (and don’t give me the no one could trace it back crap. Outbreaks were traced back to cruise ships within a couple weeks, that tragic young guy who died after being at WDW was loudly proclaimed to have been at WDW) but hey, to each business their own. Just wish I didn’t have all these darn gift cards... at least I don’t have DVC!)
I can see that staying in place for awhile. Regardless if the virus was here in mid-March or not, its still here now and we know more about it now. Til there there is a vaccine or treatment readily available I can see social distancing around in some form. As far as Disney goes, I can see masks required for the indoor attractions as it's hard to keep 6 ft from others.

Welp. That could be that. I didn’t realize this was issued on Fri for Orange Co. If that order is still in place in a few weeks Disney can absolutely forget about my business until I can go without a mask. Beyond the extreme discomfort of sunblock/bug spray/FL heat/rain, I will absolutely screw it up if I am to take it off and on and off and on and off and on as any day in a FL theme park would dictate (unless you’re cool passing out from dehydration) leading to a greater risk of making myself or other sick. I think I’m 50/50 on making it through the store without touching the darn thing.

I’m not convinced masks will solve COVID considering how FL & CA parks functioned just fine up through mid-March (and don’t give me the no one could trace it back crap. Outbreaks were traced back to cruise ships within a couple weeks, that tragic young guy who died after being at WDW was loudly proclaimed to have been at WDW) but hey, to each business their own. Just wish I didn’t have all these darn gift cards... at least I don’t have DVC!

I’m pretty sure approximately 70% of DIS members who went to WDW between December and March think they came home with COVID, what more proof do you need?

That was kind of mean.

I’m sorry. For some it may be true, especially those who went closer to the closing. And just in general it would make sense that some people who suspect they had COVID at some point really did, but I have seen so many people here and many other places (including my city where we still have relatively few cases) assuming they had it (some even as early as last fall) as a way of minimizing the seriousness of it and as reasoning for behaving irresponsibly and the people who fall into that category really frustrate me. It definitely isn’t fair of me to apply that to everyone who believes they may have had it.

I get it on some level, it would be really nice if true and we made it past the worst without even knowing. It would be nice if opening back up really isn’t as dangerous as its worried to be. Not likely IMO, but it would be nice.

I’m sorry. For some it may be true, especially those who went closer to the closing. And just in general it would make sense that some people who suspect they had COVID at some point really did, but I have seen so many people here and many other places (including my city where we still have relatively few cases) assuming they had it (some even as early as last fall) as a way of minimizing the seriousness of it and as reasoning for behaving irresponsibly and the people who fall into that category really frustrate me. It definitely isn’t fair of me to apply that to everyone who believes they may have had it.

I get it on some level, it would be really nice if true and we made it past the worst without even knowing. It would be nice if opening back up really isn’t as dangerous as its worried to be.
I thought it was pretty accurate 🤣 at least half the people I know IRL have confined in me they’re pretty sure they had it. Heck I’m not immune to that potentially happy thought! I’ve wondered if that Feb cough was COVID?... and then I remember that Feb cough has been an annual visitor for the last 3 decades 😂 yay allergies!

Has there been any more news on Citywalk or Springs yet?

Last I read was rumours from a couple of 3rd party restaurants saying citywalk opens on the 11th. Still nothing official??

Read the article carefully. It says you would not beed it in public, only indoors where 6ft distance is impractical. It also says dining is excluded since you can’t eat with a face covering. It also mentions people that are not able to wear one are excluded. I think this is just a reiteration of what we already saw that workers will be required to wear them. Patrons may only need them in certain indoor experiences (if they can tolerate it).

Has there been any more news on Citywalk or Springs yet?

Last I read was rumours from a couple of 3rd party restaurants saying citywalk opens on the 11th. Still nothing official??

I don’t think either will do much in advertising their reopening. They’re not going to want people to rush out to get any fix of Disney/Universal they need. Once they’re open and people find out, there wont be much they can do to deter the masses, but they can at least somewhat control it by not making a big deal about reopening.

Read the article carefully. It says you would not beed it in public, only indoors where 6ft distance is impractical. It also says dining is excluded since you can’t eat with a face covering. It also mentions people that are not able to wear one are excluded. I think this is just a reiteration of what we already saw that workers will be required to wear them. Patrons may only need them in certain indoor experiences (if they can tolerate it).
Dining is an interesting one. Those at TS restaurants are sat around quite a while waiting for food - should they be wearing whilst waiting? Maybe. But how do you suggest that? Most probably wont.

I don’t think either will do much in advertising their reopening. They’re not going to want people to rush out to get any fix of Disney/Universal they need. Once they’re open and people find out, there wont be much they can do to deter the masses, but they can at least somewhat control it by not making a big deal about reopening.
Maybe. Not long now until we find out. We also get to find out how many customers they will actually have. First few days may be busy, but then....?

Maybe. Not long now until we find out. We also get to find out how many customers they will actually have. First few days may be busy, but then....?

Mother’s Day being this weekend might be a reason why they didnt open up this week. If DS were open, they might have gotten an influx of reservations that they didn’t necessarily want, and maybe it just wasnt worth it to open the floodgates for one of the biggest restaurant holidays of the year. It sounds like CW will open first with DS opening soon after. It wont take very long for certain retail stores to go from being closed to being open, conceivable it could be a few days from hearing nothing to stores and restaurants being open.

Again, not Disney but it looks like various restaurant reservations in the Loews hotels at Universal are available to book on May 25. I wonder if Disney will open their restaurants inside resorts first?

Resorts still unavailable.

Again, not Disney but it looks like various restaurant reservations in the Loews hotels at Universal are available to book on May 25. I wonder if Disney will open their restaurants inside resorts first?

Resorts still unavailable.
That seems a bit backwards though doesn't it? You're far more socially distanced in a resort room (once you have access at least) than in a resort restaurant

I was hoping we'd have a little more certainty so that I could book a late June trip...but it's looking like I'd be cutting it too close for that to be possible/reasonable. Even if I booked a resort for a couple of nights (which it seems like this is one way they're looking at crowd control?) I don't know if I could handle the disappointment of another cancelled trip this year.

Something that I don't think has yet been discussed here: how many people, besides me, are heartbroken at the news that coffee makers will be removed from resort rooms? :sad: I need my coffee, stat!

doesn't get you the coffee that immediate, but last time on site I took advantage of getting one of the insulated reusable mugs which I used to get coffee every morning and it kept it warm/hot for a long time (will put even more of a premium of having a room closer to the food court)

Something that I don't think has yet been discussed here: how many people, besides me, are heartbroken at the news that coffee makers will be removed from resort rooms? :sad: I need my coffee, stat!
ME!!!! I'm flying in, but the rest of my family (DVC members) are driving. I'm sneaking a coffee maker into their mega SUV before they leave. They'll never know it's in there... :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest