Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a week stay June 21st-27th that I'm dying to know if it's cancelled, but I knew it was up in the air when I booked. We always always fly but are going to be driving from MA. Are you guys with reservations flying? I checked southwest a few days ago out of our airport PVD and it was only $250 roundtrip for my husband and I!

Side note - I'm curious if they will open up 2021 bookings next month like they usually do in June for the following year. I'm eager to book my 30th birthday in February 2021 as well as October for the anniversary!
We are not sure yet, but probably not. We tend to fly more than to drive since we tend to take shorter trips (it's approximately 7 hours driving) but we may are thinking we will drive so we have more control of our environment.

You'd have to ask the moderator (rteetz) who reported it.
Its not that big of deal. I dont doubt it was done, its just that there is sooooooo much info from people that know people being thrown around lol

I have a week stay June 21st-27th that I'm dying to know if it's cancelled, but I knew it was up in the air when I booked. We always always fly but are going to be driving from MA. Are you guys with reservations flying? I checked southwest a few days ago out of our airport PVD and it was only $250 roundtrip for my husband and I!

Side note - I'm curious if they will open up 2021 bookings next month like they usually do in June for the following year. I'm eager to book my 30th birthday in February 2021 as well as October for the anniversary!
We are set to fly into Tampa on May 30th. Our flight got bumped up from 4:30 pm departure to 10:30 am departure. I'm praying this works out as I would love to have the extra time to stop at the ocean (my kids have never been to the ocean). It's looking less likely with each passing day. But, I'm an optimist to the end!
Our flight was purchased back in January with airline points. Kind of sad now because flights have gotten so cheap. But, free is still the best!

I hate to be "that guy", but who pulled the 6 feet apart thing out of the air? I can't find (not that I have looked that hard, admittedly) any scientific basis for 6 ft. To keep on topic: Is there a potential liability for Disney and other restaurants that hang their hats on this "advice" and cause an outbreak? If people are standing in a ride line or sitting at a table next to the same people for an hour, and 6 ft is incorrect...hoo boy. Once this opens up governments are going to have a really hard time shutting it back down without riots if their only response is "well, sorry guys, we were full of excrement, but if you close your business and starve again you can trust us next time as long as you stay 12 ft away!" An operation as large as WDW is absolutely insane to open in the next 90 days.
I think the initial estimate came from Europe (2 meters is approximately 6 feet). The estimate was supposed to be how far your breathe travels before hitting the ground. This may or may be based on something I read back in March (can't remember - the weeks all seem the same at this point). :confused3

It would be nice to plan things again lol

I'm still planning for our October trip. Doing ADRs here and there - lot's of availability. Then I got to doing the Tusker House character breakfast buffet and had to pause. We love this buffet for the food variety, but if it changes to off the menu then I can't see doing this anymore.

This is more speculation. But, I'm pretty sure that the new line of face masks being offered on Shop Disney will be the ones used by CM. On the store they are not available for shipment until the end of June. I think they will be building supplies for CM first. This may be one of the factors for how soon Disney will reopen - how long it takes to have a sufficient supply of designer masks for CM.

This is more speculation. But, I'm pretty sure that the new line of face masks being offered on Shop Disney will be the ones used by CM. On the store they are not available for shipment until the end of June. I think they will be building supplies for CM first. This may be one of the factors for how soon Disney will reopen - how long it takes to have a sufficient supply of designer masks for CM.
The first batch was June 15th if you got them early.

Even if the restaurants in DS and CW decide to open next week they probably won't be able to. I'm seeing some huge shortages currently in the food distribution network. Take beef briskets for example. The price of brisket has almost doubled in the past week and that's if you could buy them. It appears that anything that can be ground is being put into ground beef to supply retail demand. Retail is currently driving the industry. Pork Butts are much the same. If you can buy them the cost is exploding. Get ready for a $22 pulled pork sandwich at The Polite Pig. These are just a few examples of what's happening. Now imagine what these supply issues will be like when you start adding the volume of restaurants waiting to come back online. It's going to be a painful few months.

Also part of the equation is anything imported from Europe and specifically Italy. Are you a fan of Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia? Don't be surprised if some of their staple items aren't available for a while.
Many chefs are very creative and wouldn’t have a problem coming up with wonderful meals with the supplies available. But you’re right that the normal menu may not be available.

I was kind of thinking the availability of the masks is a tell on when they will reopen. If Disney wants people wearing masks in the parks, they would sell them. Ok now they are selling them, but apparently they won't be shipping until July for some orders? It's one thing that made me think they are looking at opening in August.

I'm still planning for our October trip. Doing ADRs here and there - lot's of availability. Then I got to doing the Tusker House character breakfast buffet and had to pause. We love this buffet for the food variety, but if it changes to off the menu then I can't see doing this anymore.
And I'm still planning for July, just not the usual excitement/confidence with it now

I’m hoping the CM masks go with their costumes. For instance in GE have masks that look like they would be used for sandstorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest