RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, RoboFlyer. I guess I'll just monitor the situation as our trip gets closer and watch to see what is trending. Getting my crew out the door and at Studios by 6 a.m. is questionable at best, so for their benefit, I hope the actual opening time is closer to the normal 9am opening.

Maybe a dumb question, but how would one go about determining the *real* park opening time, as opposed to the posted opening? Just show up at 5:30 and hope for the best?
They open earlier based on demand. Pandora for years now has opened before official park opening, i would at least try and be at the park an hour before official opening.

Thanks, RoboFlyer. I guess I'll just monitor the situation as our trip gets closer and watch to see what is trending. Getting my crew out the door and at Studios by 6 a.m. is questionable at best, so for their benefit, I hope the actual opening time is closer to the normal 9am opening.

The thing is though, weirdos like me are going to be there anyway irrespective of the actual opening time. So if they open early or if they open right on time, it won't really change the dynamics of the situation as long as attendance is up for the ride.

The thing is though, weirdos like me are going to be there anyway irrespective of the actual opening time. So if they open early or if they open right on time, it won't really change the dynamics of the situation as long as attendance is up for the ride.

I'm totally with you there, RoboFlyer. If it was just me, it would not be an issue, as I am habitually an early riser. Getting my family there at 6 a.m. is probably impossible, though, so we'll just have to take our chances and enjoy what we can.

I’m thinking about starting a thread to post actual opening times of HS, so people don’t have to read through hundreds of posts to see find what time it opens each day. If it’s not allowed or needs to be moved somewhere more appropriate, please to do, but I’ll post it in the main SWGE area of TPAS

While not particularly relevant to DHS/SWGE/RotR, since it is noted as a point of reference for a comparable popular/high profile ride, Josh/EasyWDW recently had a post with very detailed timing commentary on the progression for how things work over there on a typical 9am park opening, for those interested in exact times and such: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/d...sage-9am-rope-drop-with-later-actual-opening/

So, it sounds like if you don't go first thing in the morning you're not likely to get into a boarding group. Do you have to go into the park to pull up the boarding group access? And...if you go first thing are you likely to get an evening boarding group #?

Forgive me if this was asked already, but how do you plan your ADRs with this virtual queue? We are going Christmas week and I have had my ADRs planned out for month. If we go to the park early and get a boarding pass, what if they want us to come back at the same time we have an ADR? Would be be out the fee for not showing up? I'm going to try to go a day we don't have ADRS, but it really messes up my planning.

Saw on Facebook someone was asked questions by a research CM yesterday after ROTR about the virtual queue and also their opinion on using it at FoP. Grain of salt and all, but just thought I'd share.

Forgive me if this was asked already, but how do you plan your ADRs with this virtual queue? We are going Christmas week and I have had my ADRs planned out for month. If we go to the park early and get a boarding pass, what if they want us to come back at the same time we have an ADR? Would be be out the fee for not showing up? I'm going to try to go a day we don't have ADRS, but it really messes up my planning.
Once your group is called you still have 2 hours to go back to the ride

Oh and FWIW I have no issue with Disney allowing people to join as many boarding groups as they can manage to before they cut them off for the day. I don't see them any different than people who have gone both days its been open, or media people who attended the 4th as well as yesterday.

Some people are willing to put in more time and effort into touring, and usually end up getting more done. This goes for so much more than ROTR. I'm glad Disney is letting it happen. Very reminiscent of the old FP days. I hope they don't ration rides any more than they already do.

No, I was referring to the average guest who KNOWS ROTR was opening. THAT has been advertised & on the website for months. The average guest who researched on the website/ MDE & planned to get there early for role drop, get in line to wait for their turn to ride. So if that was their “original plan” for the day, those are the people who are going to be disappointed. They can’t just go about their plan for the day, they have NO option to follow their plan because Disney isn’t being honest about the opening time. That just isn’t right or fair to the average guest. They may just as well have allowed pre opening fastpasses or reservations.
Everything should have a low wait time. It’s park OPENING! I’m not going to be grateful that any other ride has a low wait time at opening if I came to ride ROTR & all the possible spots were filled before the park even opened.
I guess I don't understand how one would research & plan to be there on opening day and then not get there early. The people I'd heard who were unhappy they couldn't ride it showed up well after rope drop. Disney did post signs that they were not doing more boarding groups around 8:30 (and just like with Fastpass, the people who kept checking still got into boarding groups as late as 11am), and to me a regular rope drop means I arrive at a park 1 hour before they open. So, if someone knew it was the most amazing & advanced ride Disney has ever done and still only treated it as a normal RD, they still would've gotten into a boarding group without an issue.

I personally try to see the best in situations so maybe it came across that I felt grateful, but I'm certainly not telling you what you should feel grateful for. I came to ride ROTR and figured I should get there earlier than normal to be safe. I was pleasantly surprised that the other rides were open & they were using the boarding groups because I was anticipating standing in line all day for one thing that I may not even get on.

I’m thinking about starting a thread to post actual opening times of HS, so people don’t have to read through hundreds of posts to see find what time it opens each day. If it’s not allowed or needs to be moved somewhere more appropriate, please to do, but I’ll post it in the main SWGE area of TPAS
That would be very helpful and I, for one, would be most appreciative!

tomorrow and Sunday same as today. Next week they are ready to open by 8

They announced RotR wouldn’t be part of EMH. Is it likely they’ll at least let EMH guests join boarding groups during EMH? I could see there being none left by the time the park opened to everyone else at 9 if that were to happen.

They announced RotR wouldn’t be part of EMH. Is it likely they’ll at least let EMH guests join boarding groups during EMH? I could see there being none left by the time the park opened to everyone else at 9 if that were to happen.
You can sign up for a bg as soon as you enter the park, so yeah, you'll be able to do so during emh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter