RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind this at all if u could leave and then come back, but u cant. If u leave HS for more than 2hr ur boarding group rsvp will be automatically canceled. Otherwise, yes I'd come early, get our boarding group for around the time of our other rsvps and just come back. Really, the only thing I can hope for is to get a really early boarding group time, then go do ROR and then leave and come back later for the rest. Even our fp's are booked around the 8pm reservations in swge so if we come early, we would have to do standby for all the rides while we wait for ROR.
Several posters have reported arriving early and securing a Boarding Group then leaving HS and, for example, going to another park, back to their resorts, or in the case of a local, going back home for a few hours. They would monitor Boarding Group #s in MDE and plan their return to HS accordingly.

Several posters have reported arriving early and securing a Boarding Group then leaving HS and, for example, going to another park, back to their resorts, or in the case of a local, going back home for a few hours. They would monitor Boarding Group #s in MDE and plan their return to HS accordingly.

Ok, I read the answer reetz gave to another poster about having 2hr window if u leave the park but I misunderstood what he was saying. Its 2hr from the time u get notified to get to the ride. Ok, thanks, that makes thing alot better if that holds true.

Can anyone confirm, if u go there early say around 7am and get ur boarding pass, can u leave the resort all together and come back at like 3pm without losing ur boarding pass.

Ok, I read the answer reetz gave to another poster about having 2hr window if u leave the park but I misunderstood what he was saying. Its 2hr from the time u get notified to get to the ride. Ok, thanks, that makes thing alot better if that holds true.

Can anyone confirm, if u go there early say around 7am and get ur boarding pass, can u leave the resort all together and come back at like 3pm without losing ur boarding pass.

yes, many have reported of doing that.

You'll get notified on the app when your boarding group can board. From that point you have 2 hours to go back to the attraction and ride
If you're there at 7am your bg will most likely be away sound 11ish.

Yes.. Go anywhere you want. Just keep checking MDX so you know when to come back.

It really depends how far in the distance your boarding group is. The app will give you an estimated time of morning, afternoon, or evening. If you get an early group that says morning, I wouldn't risk leaving and coming back at 3pm. The 2 hrs is from when you get notified.

I dont agree with any of this, total the way Disney set this up. It was originally designed to have boarding groups to even enter the land and then once u entered, u had a 4hr window to experience everything in the land and then u had to leave and the next group entered. This was the whole point of the early reservations for Oga's, Droid and the light Sabres. Now they want to change it and leave the land itself open but only make ROTR boarding groups. So, for people like me that bought into their original plan, now have rsvps for Oga's and Droid at 8pm at night are now forced to show up at HS at 6am or rope drop or whatever the time is just to enter the park to try and get a boarding group for ROR and then forced to stay there all freakn day and night.

you can leave once you get a boarding group. you are not forced to stay at HS.

They never really used the 4 hour windows at WDW (Do not recall how the previews went, so maybe they were used then). Once the land was open they used boarding groups for parts of the first day, then that was it.

when is your trip? There is also a good chance things will be different before you go

You'll get notified on the app when your boarding group can board. From that point you have 2 hours to go back to the attraction and ride
If you're there at 7am your bg will most likely be away sound 11ish.

Cool, thanks. I wont mind that at all as long as I dont lose my spot by leaving the park. As much as I love Disney, I can't handle more than 6-8hr a day at the parks.
When u get on mde to book the boarding pass, do u get the option to choose different times or is it just automatically generated and u just get an assigned slot?

I think the highest we have seen so far is in the 80s. Yesterday was in the 150s. They are at 41 right now with 8 hours down and about 7 hours left to go. That was with at least 3 breakdowns this morning.
I wonder if the ride stays up and they get through the remaining groups if they will open the standby line later or release more boarding groups

Cool, thanks. I wont mind that at all as long as I dont lose my spot by leaving the park. As much as I love Disney, I can't handle more than 6-8hr a day at the parks.
When u get on mde to book the boarding pass, do u get the option to choose different times or is it just automatically generated and u just get an assigned slot?
It assigns you the next available group

I don’t know… I’m a huge Disney planner. Been a vacation club member for 20 years, and come at least once a year. However most people don’t have that luxury and their trip is often a one-time occasion with much of their savings used.

Thus I do feel they should be able to make a well-strategized plan using the tools on the WDW sire and app. They I shouldn’t have to Google other sites and then “guess“ what time parks are going to be opening a month from now, not to mention the following day. Regardless of whether there’s an “amazing new attraction.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the VQ for ROTR is a good and fair plan. However I don’t think it was fair to probably 95% of the guests here this week not to give folks a heads up on the 3-hour early opening on multiple days.
If they held everyone until rope drop time the same thing would have still happened for the people arriving closer to park opening. The crowd would have been there either way. The crowd would have been in the park and would have eaten up the boarding passes either way. Not letting people in early just causes people not doing SWG problems.

They don’t publicly blast it out because that would defeat the purpose and cause more people to arrive even earlier.

Disney routinely opens before official hours. It’s almost always because of rope drop crowds. there is plenty of precedent for this. The boarding groups are new but it makes everything smoother for most.

Last edited:
We were Boarding Group 42 yesterday. Left the park and went to Animal Kingdom. Our group was called while still at Animal Kingdom, hopped a bus and returned to DHS to ride RofR... Worked out well, done before 2:00.., headed to Epcot for lunch. Three parks before 3:00.

They never really used the 4 hour windows at WDW (Do not recall how the previews went, so maybe they were used then). Once the land was open they used boarding groups for parts of the first day, then that was it.

when is your trip? There is also a good chance things will be different before you go

There was never a 4 Hr time limit in WDW. They used boarding groups briefly the opening morning but there was never a time limit. DL used a reservation system for resort guests so maybe the OP was mistaking WDW with DL. WDW never changed anything about having a reservation to Oga's or Savi's to ride RotR. If the land was at capacity, having a reservation to either would get you in but the land is not at capacity.

ok, can you cancel a BG? My group is scheduling to go tomorrow morning to get our BG, but we don't want to be at HS till our night FP+ and reservation times. So, if we all get there at 7am and our BG seems too early, can we decline and wait for a later number while at the park?

If they held everyone until rope drop time the same thing would have still happened for the people arriving closer to park opening. The crowd would have been there either way. The crowd would have been in the park and would have eaten up the boarding passes either way.
... and that would have been 3 less hours the ride would have been available for the day.

ok, can you cancel a BG? My group is scheduling to go tomorrow morning to get our BG, but we don't want to be at HS till our night FP+ and reservation times. So, if we all get there at 7am and our BG seems too early, can we decline and wait for a later number while at the park?
Yes you can remove yourself from a boarding group, I’m not sure if it will let you rebook once you cancel out.

We'll be at HS on December 20th. I have rsvp for Droid Depot at 6:30pm and then Oga's at 8pm. All of our fp's are from 3pm to 6pm. So we planned everything out accordingly cause the crowds during this time of year are insane, even the slightest deviation could result in hours of waiting. But it sounds like it should work out as long as I can leave and come back. I stay offsite though so that 2hr window is a little tight but should be fine. Thanks for all the help

I would definitely check with a CM. I doubt you can do what you propose. You will definitely not be able to get in a new Boarding Group through the app.

We'll be at HS on December 20th. I have rsvp for Droid Depot at 6:30pm and then Oga's at 8pm. All of our fp's are from 3pm to 6pm. So we planned everything out accordingly cause the crowds during this time of year are insane, even the slightest deviation could result in hours of waiting. But it sounds like it should work out as long as I can leave and come back. I stay offsite though so that 2hr window is a little tight but should be fine. Thanks for all the help
In a way, you have more than a 2 hour window. If you keep track of the BP on MDX, you can gauge when your number gets called prior to the 2 hour window starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter