RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But folks who got a second BG as soon as they checked in count twice for VQ, but would not be in a physical line twice. So that's not quite accurate.

Sayhello

Some are over a dozen rides now. Many have reridden both days.

So what happens if you have paid reservations for Droid say 6:30pm and then Oga's at 8pm and then they schedule ur boarding pass for the same time. I know u got 2hr window but say ur 2hr window is from 6-8. Now what
I think someone upthread said 2 hours is a guideline not a hard rule. Obviously it would be wise to confirm that with CMs if that becomes an issue where someone can't return 2 hours after their group has been called.

How long does Droid build take though? I'd probably just get on right in the middle of the two.
They don't give you a time window, you just get a push notification when it's your turn & you're told to return within 2 hours. If you have late reservations I'd be sure to arrive early to the park and not later in the day. Yesterday the wait time went from Morning to Afternoon to Evening on my app. I believe that it meant, if you join a boarding group right now this is when you'll get on. Mine said Evening but I was called at 8:49am. I also heard that you can get in after, but I also agree to definitely check with the people actually scanning folks onto the ride to be safe if it's time for your Droid reservation and you still haven't been called.

Question for anyone who may know, as it relates to EMH. I've arrived at DHS for EMH later in the hour but never right at the beginning. At that point non-EMH eligible guests can scan in the park but can't get past internal checkpoints a little further down Hollywood Blvd where they scan for EMH eligibility. Or at least that's what I've seen the few times I've been during EMH.

Do they typically let non-EMH eligible guests in the park like that starting from the beginning of EMH time? Or is there a point during EMH where they start letting you do that?

What I'm getting at is what Sunday may look like from a non-EMH eligible guest perspective in terms of scanning in at the tapstyles so they can then be eligible to join a Boarding Group. For reference, posted EMH's Sunday are 8am-9am. In the context of this question I am 'assuming' that Disney will in fact provide the full EMH benefit to eligible guests through 9am, and not blow through that unannounced.

Last edited:
No, because you can get another BG as soon as you scan in. You can't re-enter the line until you've finished the whole ride and exited.

Sayhello

So basically there's a very small group of people who would even fall into the group of people who had a boarding group that puts them in line/on the ride before EMH ends, but not off the ride before where they could have physically jumped back in. And then an even smaller group who bother to join again or have the knowledge to.

If they're out before EMH ends, that speaks to a much larger capacity issue (likely Disney being cautious and holding back). I don't think the finger can be pointed at re-rides.

Question for anyone who may know, as it relates to EMH. I've arrived at DHS for EMH later in the hour but never right at the beginning. At that point non-EMH eligible guests can scan in the park but can't get past internal checkpoints a little further down Hollywood Blvd where they scan for EMH eligibility.

Do they let non-EMH eligible guests in the park like that starting from the beginning of EMH time? Or is there a point during EMH where they start letting you do that?

What I'm getting at is what Sunday may look like from a non-EMH eligible guest perspective.

I'm not sure anyone knows what Disney will do on a EMH day with the boarding groups. I'll definitely be very curious

Don't think it'd be fair to let non EMH guests in the park to sign up for a BG ahead of EMH guests. But who knows

So what happens if you have paid reservations for Droid say 6:30pm and then Oga's at 8pm and then they schedule ur boarding pass for the same time. I know u got 2hr window but say ur 2hr window is from 6-8. Now what

I would keep an eye on where the boarding groups are at. If it seemed like your group will be called soon I would try to get into the droid Depot early. How many people are building droids? If just one or two you should be able to do it in about 30 minutes. I would then go on ROTR before Oga’s.

So how have people done it dozens of times if you can only ride once with your BG? Or did I just misunderstand and you can ride more than once with a BG?

So how have people done it dozens of times if you can only ride once with your BG? Or did I just misunderstand and you can ride more than once with a BG?

Multiple boarding groups, multiple days, possible exaggerations by the riders lol. You can only ride once with a boarding group.

They open earlier based on demand. Pandora for years now has opened before official park opening, i would at least try and be at the park an hour before official opening.
While not particularly relevant to DHS/SWGE/RotR, since it is noted as a point of reference for a comparable popular/high profile ride, Josh/EasyWDW recently had a post with very detailed timing commentary on the progression for how things work over there on a typical 9am park opening, for those interested in exact times and such: https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/d...sage-9am-rope-drop-with-later-actual-opening/
As Josh says...if you show up at park opening you’re an hour late. We aren’t going until the end of January but I’ll definitely be watching these procedures closely over the next 7 weeks. Going to DHS (or any park for that matter) an hour before opening is our everyday procedure! So if that starts becoming more popular we might have to move DHS to 90+ min before opening because I don’t just want to be the “average” park guest 🤣 🤣

Agree. It's Disney's fault, if they don't want people riding multiple times it's an easy fix on the app

Yup!

I don't even personally see a difference between people re riding the same day, people re riding within the same vacation, people re riding in the same year, etc. More power to you. If you could do it, someone else could have put in the effort to as well.

You can only join one Boarding Group at a time, but once you are called an go scan in at RoR ride, you can join another Boarding Group at that moment. It works just like 4th FP, once you scan in to FP#3 you can search for the 4th FP while on line.

Today one person posted that they joined BG 10 today before 6am. Their group was called to ride before 6:30am. Once they scanned in, they joined the next available BG 20. BG 20 was called at 7a, and once scanned in they were able to join their 3rd BG 29 which was later called at 9am. Mind you, RoR went down shortly both at 7 & 9 so this person may have received FPs for later if unable to ride when it went down.

So that's 3 rides, exemplary. If someone were able to catch a cancelled BG after it was released, maybe they'd get 4 rides? This is obviously best case scenario and for ppl who showed up first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter