• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at dvcsales and was amazed to see a VGF with 906 pts. I saw they can't close until December 15th, so I was wondering if it might have been a GW.

Does anyone know if a GW is resold, does it stay as a GW, or does it convert to points only?

Not that I have $142,000 to buy a VGF contract.

That is interesting - when I was in ROFR for my own (first) VGF contract last fall, I saw one for around 1251 or 1291 asking around $120pp. I believe it was a GW in a GV in July? Eventually it got taken off the site, not sure if it sold or what. I followed the OCC for a bit to see if Disney ROFR'ed it or not, and lost interest in searching the OCC every few days.

Probably answered above, but if Disney exercised ROFR then they could break it up and take away its GW status, but not if it was a standard resale. (Now I am curious again...)

I looked at dvcsales and was amazed to see a VGF with 906 pts. I saw they can't close until December 15th, so I was wondering if it might have been a GW.

Does anyone know if a GW is resold, does it stay as a GW, or does it convert to points only?

Not that I have $142,000 to buy a VGF contract.

It's asking $157 for no points until 2019? Am I missing something?

Another person infected with add-on-itis! Planning ahead for Galaxy's Edge and hoping to get on-property for the opening.

sleighbelle--$57-$29,250-500-VB-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 500/19-sent 7/24

Made offer: 7/22
Offer accepted: 7/22
Contracts signed-off: 7/23
Sent to ROFR: 7/24

Can you reformat that with the link on post#1? (odds of passing are .0012% higher that way. Scientific fact!)

Oh boy just made another offer on a VGF contract today and we agreed on price. Paperwork to follow either tonight or tomorrow and then I will post the specifics.

We might just make a couple trips to the WDW next year as well. Yipppeeeee!!!!

Was this a 200 loaded June? Curious to see if it is as I was trying for $144 but couldn’t get that seller off $151

That is interesting - when I was in ROFR for my own (first) VGF contract last fall, I saw one for around 1251 or 1291 asking around $120pp. I believe it was a GW in a GV in July? Eventually it got taken off the site, not sure if it sold or what. I followed the OCC for a bit to see if Disney ROFR'ed it or not, and lost interest in searching the OCC every few days.

Probably answered above, but if Disney exercised ROFR then they could break it up and take away its GW status, but not if it was a standard resale. (Now I am curious again...)
What is a GW status?

Another person infected with add-on-itis! Planning ahead for Galaxy's Edge and hoping to get on-property for the opening.

sleighbelle--$57-$29,250-500-VB-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 500/19-sent 7/24

Made offer: 7/22
Offer accepted: 7/22
Contracts signed-off: 7/23
Sent to ROFR: 7/24

We just bought our first and I am already looking for another. Best of luck.

Preacherroe---$98-$31938-300-SSR-Aug-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20- sent 7/24

Attempt #3 -- here we go again. I feel better about this one passing ROFR, though, with the $98 pp. Getting 300 points this year seemed to make it worth it. Please tell me I'm right about that.

I think it will pass, it seems like they are taking SSR in the low 90s, but you never know. Sending good luck your way.

Got a quick question. How hard or easy is it to bank points for the current year? Is it as simple as a phone call that can me done in a few minutes or is a drawn out process? The reason I'm asking is because of my previous post regarding the sellers banking my points. I haven't heard anything regarding the request. Since this is my first DVC purchase I was just wondering how easy it was to accomplish. TIA....

Got a quick question. How hard or easy is it to bank points for the current year? Is it as simple as a phone call that can me done in a few minutes or is a drawn out process? The reason I'm asking is because of my previous post regarding the sellers banking my points. I haven't heard anything regarding the request. Since this is my first DVC purchase I was just wondering how easy it was to accomplish. TIA....
It's easy to bank- just a click online.
You can bank points online- just a few clicks but you will need your account set up.

Shouldn't be a problem, takes about 2 minutes to do online, and the Current Owner has complete access to them up until DVC changes over the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter